Lonely...

Lonely~~
I see it again. Reenacted all over again. In front of my eyes. No. No. This can't happen. This just can't. I've lost one, I can't lose another.

"Mi Yeon!!" I holler in pain. She answers back with pitiful cries of terror. I'm a coward. I won't be able to save her. Finally, I gather up the courage. But it's too late. It's already plunged in her.

"I told you. If I can't have you no one else can."

I shudder, having heard that ghostly voice that haunts me. Two times now, I've listened to it. But now, I can't give up. I know I can't.

"Mi Yeon!!" I scream, strides gradually quickening into fast-paced steps. I can't lose her. No, not again. No, not ever.

The other girl who's been crushing on me forever smirks at me. As if saying, "I told you." I take one last glare at her before she disappears into the darkness of the spiral staircase. I still her the clicking of her newly-bought heels though. I want to kill her, but I know I can't.

Mi Yeon's chest rises, then falls. Rises then falls. Rises then falls. Rises then falls... It's her, breathing rhythmically. But, her chest rising and falling seems to slow down. It's deeper. But shorter.

Tears well up in my eyes, as I whip out my phone, hastily calling for an ambulance. "There's an emergency at Jackson Blackmore road, at the top of the building." I say, tears finally spilling out onto my cheeks. "Right, we'll be there." the voice replies.

"Mi Yeon, just hang in there. Please, just do..." I plead, as her lips turn a deathly pale. Her beautiful rosy cheeks, reduced into a sunken muscle with no colour. "Jin Ki......" she breathes weakly. I hold my breath, waiting for her to speak.

"I... Love... You..." she speaks.

Then, her eyes clamp shut.

The ambulance finally arrives, but I'm afraid it's too late... They still try, anyways.

Bang.

Bang.

Her chest rises and falls. Two times. But it's not because she's breathing. No, it's not.

I wait outside the A&E. After a painstaking 3 hours, the doctor walks out. He looks exceedingly exhausted. And not to mention, quiet and sad.

One look, and I know the results.

But, I can't. I don't. I don't want to believe it.

I have to, though...

"Mr Lee, I'm sorry. The surgery was unsuccessful. My condolences." he says slowly. Then, he walks off. His job is done, after all. He tried.

I cry. I cry my whole heart out. I'm a wreck. I'm ripped into two. I can't live without her. I just can't. I'm all alone in the hallway. Sitting there like a homeless guy. Well, I technically am. I've for no home for my heart now.

I admit, I do half expect my Mi Yeon to come running towards me. Wiping away my tears, reassuring me that she's okay.

Then I remember.

There's no more her.

She's gone.

And it's all my fault.

I stand up. Lonely. And I walk out. Lonely. In this world, I'll forever be. Lonely.