You're Hired

You're Hired
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please Minjoo!” 

 

It was a normal day for Minjoo, she woke up early, worked out, and then headed to work. Well, as normal a day would go for one of the youngest CEOs in South Korea.

 

“No.” The young CEO sighed at her best friend, Jo Chaewon. Her day was normal, and that meant another day of her best friend bothering her.

 

“Why not!? You just have to give her a job! She can even be your secretary or something! Just please hire her!” Chaewon whined out. She was honestly starting to get desperate and was so close to throwing out her pride and begging on her knees.

 

“Because I already have a secretary! And why can’t she work at your company anyway?” The taller girl countered back, this was getting ridiculous! The older girl also had a very successful company, so why does her younger sister have to get a job at hers?

 

“Because she’s studying music production and her school is requiring her to work at an entertainment company! And in case you forgot, our company is only a production company.” Chaewon was starting to get frustrated with her younger sister, why couldn’t she just study film or acting so that she could work for their company instead.

 

“There are hundreds of entertainment companies in South Korea, why does she have to work here?”

 

“Why should she work there when KMJ is literally one of the biggest entertainment companies in the country! Besides, you're my best friend and you’re the only person I actually trust to not take advantage of Yuri.” 

 

Minjoo couldn’t believe she was getting convinced, curse Chaewon and her knowledge of how to persuade her. Nevertheless, she already had a secretary, and mind you she was actually rather fond of this one because she wasn’t an old like her previous ones.

 

“As much as I want to Chae, I already told you I have a secretary.”

 

“Well, you can make your personal secretary. That’s even better actually! She’ll constantly have to stick by your side so you can keep an eye on her better.” The older girl was pleading that she would agree.

 

The young CEO sighed in defeat once the older girl pulled out her secret weapon, pouting. She knew she could never resist her whenever she would act cute like that. Cursing herself for her weakness for aegyo.

 

“Fine, but we’re getting a bigger discount when you produce our next music video.”

 

“DEAL! Thank you Minmin! I’ll go tell her now, her lunch break should just be starting anyways. See you soon, love you!” With that final goodbye, Chaewon rushed out of her office and headed to Yuri’s university.

 

Minjoo sighed to herself again, Chaewon’s younger sister better be a damn good secretary, or else she'll regret ever succumbing to the older girl’s pouting face yet again.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

“Excuse me, WHAT!?” Yuri was not having a good day, at all.

 

First, she woke up late and didn’t have time to eat breakfast, so she was starving. Then she missed her train and had to wait for the next one, almost missing her first class of the day. And now her sister is at her university telling her that she has a job now, and to not embarrass her by slacking off.

 

“I got you a job at KMJ Ent as the CEO’s personal secretary. It took me a lot of negotiating to get you a job so you better not waste my efforts.” Chaewon told her younger sister. Now, if only the brat would at least look a little grateful that she was helping her graduate and not look like she hates the very thought of having a job.

 

“How did you even pull that off? KMJ is so hard to even get an interview, that all my friends gave up trying because of the ridiculous amount of requirements needed. Now you’re telling me you got me a job and not a job interview?” 

 

“Your big sister is amazing like that.” bragged Chaewon while flicking her hair into Yuri’s face. “Besides, you’re forgetting the fact that I know the CEO.”

 

“WAIT! You said I’d be the PERSONAL secretary of the CEO, what if that old man molests me or something? How could you sell your favorite sister like that?” Yuri freaked out, she did NOT want a creepy ert to make her, his personnel anything!

 

“Yah! First of all, Yena will get mad at you for assuming you’re my favorite sister, and second of all, did you honestly forget the fact that Kim Minjoo, my BEST FRIEND is literally KMJ’s CEO?” The older girl facepalmed at her sister’s weird antics, sometimes she thinks she’s the only normal one out of her two sisters.

 

“Oh, right… I forgot about that.” How could Yuri forget about Chaewon’s gorgeous best friend? And it’s not that she likes her or anything, but she’s not blind. Kim Minjoo is literally a goddess and anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

 

“Your lunch break is ending, I’ll see you at home okay? You start work next week right after your finals.”

 

“Wait, that soon?” 

 

“Do you want to graduate early or not? The sooner you finish your required work experience, the better.” On that final note, Chaewon went ahead and left her younger sister to ponder about her awaiting job.

 

“My friends are NOT gonna believe this.” was the last thought in Yuri’s mind before she went to her next class.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

And just as Yuri thought, her friends did NOT in fact believe that she scored a job at KMJ Ent. 

 

“There is absolutely no way you got a job there, I tried to apply and the waiting list was longer than the Han river.” There was nothing Yuri could say that would make Yujin believe that the hamster got a job at the hottest entertainment company right now.

 

“Turns out Chaewon-unnie the CEO so she was able to convince her to hire me.” explained Yuri.

 

“Right! I forgot Chaewon-unnie and Minjoo-unnie are best friends.” exclaimed Wonyoung.

 

“You know her?” echoed both Yuri and Yujin.

 

“Yeah? She’s the cousin I’m literally always talking about.” 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? I could have gotten an interview if you just used her connections! Wait! You probably have some power in the company right?” Yujin was freaking out, because how could her best friend keep this from her.

 

“Yup! Watching you stress about not getting a job yet was very amusing, so I just let you be until you gave up.” Sometimes Wonyoung could be such an annoying tease. 

 

“Don’t worry though, I already got us a job there anyway. It was actually supposed to be for the three of us, but since Yuri-unnie already has a job that I assume is in a different department, it’ll just be us two.” 

 

“Couldn’t I just be with the two of you? I don’t want to be alone.” Yuri pouted.

 

“Why would you be alone? I’m sure there are others who will work with you.” asked Wonyoung, tilting her head in confusion.

 

“Apparently my job is to be the CEO’s personal secretary, so it probably means I’ll only be working for her.” Explained Yuri.

 

“In that case I recommend you stay with Minjoo-unnie. She’s a much nicer boss than the division Yujin and I are gonna work for.” 

 

“What division will that be anyway?” Yujin asked.

 

“The trainee division, we’ll be helping out with the trainees with their lessons and stuff. Eunbi-unnie is in charge and let me tell you, she is scary! She used to be part of the Korean army.” 

 

“Woah, now I’m scared!” Growing pale at the fact that their boss used to be in the army, Yujin was suddenly less excited than she was a few seconds ago.

 

Yuri sighed at the fact that she wasn’t going to be in the same division as her two friends, but at least they’ll be in the same company. Hopefully, they at least get to have lunch together and still hang out from time to time.

 

Next week was going to be her first day at her job, but until then she unfortunately still has her final exams to worry about.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Today was the day Chaewon’s younger sister was supposed to start her job as her personal secretary and to say Minjoo was nervous was an understatement. 

 

She knows exactly who Jo Yuri is, she was the cute, youngest daughter of the Jo family, who also owned the partner company of KMJ Ent., JYRz Productions. 

 

Growing up with Chaewon as her best friend meant that Minjoo was familiar with Yuri and to say she was unaware of exactly how beautiful the other has gotten over the years was a lie. 

 

See, even though she was the same age as Yuri, she was in the same year as Chaewon because she got moved up a year, so Minjoo was only “my sister’s best friend” to Yuri.

 

Unfortunately, Minjoo was attracted to the youngest Jo ever since she heard her sing during the school talent show when they were in high school. She has never told anyone about her feelings, especially not Chaewon. So when her best friend asked her to give Yuri a job, well, let’s just say she spent a long time gay panicking the past week.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

“We’re here idiot, get out of the car.” Chaewon parked her car at her designated parking spot whenever she was over at the KMJ building. 

 

“I’m nervous.” Yuri was biting her lip in nervousness, a habit she’s always had since she was younger.

 

“Don’t be, you know Minjoo, she’s a literal angel.” The older girl tried to console her younger sister.

 

“That’s the problem! You know how I am around attractive people!” whined out Yuri, it wasn’t her fault that attractive people made her single brain cell stop working.

 

“I know Minjoo is attractive, but you literally always see her? Remember on your 15th birthday when she tripped and fell into our pool?”  

 

“Yeah, that WAS pretty funny.” Yuri laughed remembering that moment.

 

“And that’s just one of MANY clumsy Minjoo moments, there was also this one time during Christmas when she choked on her drink and almost sprayed it our all over our dinner!” both sisters had tears in their eyes while remembering that night, needless to say, it was one of the more memorable Christmas memories they have.

 

“Okay. let’s do this!” Trying to calm her nerves, Yuri stepped out of her sister’s car and headed to the elevator. 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Chaewon: We’re heading up now!

 

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, Minjoo tidied up her desk and prepared herself to see Yuri ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter