Final

For Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WENDY’S POV

 

I wonder how I managed to be in this position. I am looking at the couple staring lovingly to each other and thinking what went wrong. That was us years ago. Everything was so perfect until it wasn’t. I thought that we were perfect for each other. That knowing that we both love each other is enough to make our relationship last but obviously it wasn’t.

 

I looked again at the couple and no matter how hard it is for me to accept it, they really do look good together. Seulgi is so pretty and has the most adorable eye smile she’s ever seen. As if being pretty wasn’t enough, the girl seems genuinely nice and caring too. I can see her eyes twinkle when she looks at Irene. And somehow, that comforts me and the fact that Irene is getting the love that she deserves.

 

Now that I’m looking intently at Irene, I can see that she looks way better compared to the last time I saw her when we were still together. She seems better. She seems comfortable. She seems happy.

 

Knowing all of those things doesn’t lessen the pain that I felt when Irene introduced me to Seulgi as a “close friend”. All I can do is to flash my happy and friendly smile but behind that amiable façade, the hurt that I am feeling inside is almost intolerable. Now, I can say that one of the hardest things to do is to show your happy smile when all you want to do is cry.

 

I may be a masochist as to how often I looked at the couple and how I observed them. I noticed the way Irene holds Seulgi’s hand the same as how Irene used to hold mine. Her smile that I am so familiar with. But I am no longer next to you. I will no longer experience the same smile you flash whenever you see me. I will no longer feel the warmth of your hand when you touch me. It’s still the same you. I was just no longer in the picture. I was replaced by this woman who seems enamored by your charm.

 

I still have so much to say but I’ll stop here.

 

IRENE’S POV

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter