fin.

mornings with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, wake up.”

 

Wendy slowly roused from sleep and squinted; eyes adjusting to the darkness in her bedroom and to a cozily dressed Park Sooyoung gently tugging the blankets covering her.

 

“Yah. It’s too early why aren’t you asleep?” Thinking nothing of it, the older girl burrowed into the covers and attempted to go back to slumber. However, the moment of peace didn’t last long as her jacket and a set of her training clothes were tossed on her bed.

 

“Come on, unnie! You have to get dressed!”

 

Sooyoung tugged on Seungwan’s hand to get her to sit. As she did so, she couldn’t help but smile fondly and feel a rush of warmth in her chest as she watched her favorite unnie rub the sleepiness from her eyes while kicking her legs in protest.

 

Knowing that Seungwan wouldn't be able to resist her, Sooyoung ruffled the older girl’s hair before leaving the room. “I’ll meet you downstairs in five minutes, okay?”

 

Seungwan looked at her curiously. “What are you planning, Sooyoung-ah?”

 

“We’re going for a drive.”

 

 

“We’re here.”

 

Sooyoung looked over from the driver’s seat - one hand resting on the door and the other still on the steering wheel, a tender look grazing her features as she watched Seungwan marveling at her surroundings.

 

Stepping outside, Sooyoung quickly made her way towards the other side of the vehicle, opening the door for Wendy before the other girl could.

 

And as Seungwan smiled brightly at her, taking one of Sooyoung’s hands into her own, Sooyoung knew she was done for -  already tired and no longer able to fight the overwhelming feelings she’s tried to suppress during all those years of being together. All those times of questioning her emotions and intentions were the last thing on her mind as the sound of her own heartbeat drowned any of her doubts.

 

As she felt Seungwan entangling their fingers together, gently dragging her around the vacant park they arrived at, Sooyoung decided that maybe it was okay to lose sometimes.

 

She already has.

 

 

Minutes turned into hours, and the two eventually found themselves lazily lounging in the grass; a blanket laid out underneath them as they bantered and exchanged stories while huddled close together - their hands still intertwined as Sooyoung’s head rests on Seungwan’s shoulder.

 

After the vocalist ate the last grape from the fruit cup they bought, she peered down at the younger girl comfortably nestling against her.  “Sooyoung-ah, how did you even discover this place?”

 

Sooyoung took in the serenity of the moment - the fresh breeze and crisp scent of nature around them, the sound of the birds chirping to their sweet tune, and the feeling of warmth that came with being encircled in Seungwan’s arms.

 

“Hmm. All I remember is that one day, things felt too tough. Like I was drowning in all of it and I needed to escape. So I drove and drove without a set destination until I found this.”

 

She felt Seungwan squeeze her hand.

 

“The members.. they tried to help but I didn’t want to be a burden and-“ Sooyoung paused abruptly, feeling the lump in which kept her from talking. Because if she said what was on already on the tip of her tongue, she knew that there was no going back. No matter what.

 

“And what?”

 

“And you weren’t there, unnie. And I think a big part of me was angry because you weren’t.”

 

Seungwan wanted to interrupt, but the younger girl held her hand up and looked at her sternly, as if her question opened a whole pandora’s box for Sooyoung.

 

“I wasn’t mad at you. God, unnie. You know it’s impossible to stay mad at you right? I was mad at myself. I was so selfish.”

 

Sooyoung scoffs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter