Final

Pairs Can Come in Threes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Noh Jisun


Park Jiwon has always been the complete opposite of what Jisun is. The girl was loud, messy, and oftentimes unpredictable.

She first met the girl when both of them were merely five years old, entering The Force as orphans left by the Great Attack issued by the Liers. Unlike the other children around her, Jisun was calm, only silent tears streaming down her face and hunger rumbling in her stomach.

Jiwon, surprisingly, wasn't bawling like all the other children there, instead the girl merely looked around with eyes widened in wonder and awe at all the new powers and abilities that she was seeing. As if all of their parents didn't just die trying to protect the world and they weren't left alone to fend for theirselves, as if they were all just here for a new adventure.

Jisun didn't get that.

She didn't get how one could still look optimistic in this situation where all of them were suffering. Hope? Love? Bonds? They were all just lies and she knew by now not to trust anyone's words.

She didn't know how long she's been staring but it's only when the girl looked back that she realized that maybe she had been glaring at the girl for too long that even her own tears have stopped. Her heart thudded in her chest when she noticed the girl walk towards her, making her squeeze her eyes shut in fear.

Please don't come closer. Please don't come closer. She chanted in her head. Jisun felt the girl stop near her, waiting for her to open her eyes.

"Hi! Can I sit with you?" She asked the moment she opened her eyes. The girl's bright smile greeted her. Weirdly, she didn't hate it as much as she thought she would.

She apprehensively nodded, not knowing what else to do.

The girl had sat closer than she had expected, making her facial expression freeze up. Jiwon gave her a warm smile, melting away her stoicness.

Maybe Jisun thought that her smile was brighter than the sun or maybe she was just too hungry to refuse but she couldn't help but accept when the girl offered her a snack.

"I'm Park Jiwon! Do you want a cookie?"


...


Despite their differences and stupid little arguments, the two had never left each other's side. People always told them about how they didn't fit each other. About how their personalities just didn't match and that one day, they'll eventually fall out.

But Jisun didn't really care about what other people say about them. Unlike Jiwon who always spoke back whenever someone dares to talk about them behind their back, she herself just ignores those comments and drags the girl away when a situation escalates.

She doesn't really care about what other people think because for her, the two of them were a perfect match. She knew that the pull that she felt towards the other girl wasn't imaginary because she knew that the girl felt the same.

Jisun didn't know what she had done in her previous life to make her lucky enough to meet her best friend on her first day in the institution but it was something that she'll forever be grateful for.

From their first training session to their first visit to the dentist, their first period, even their first heartbreak, they've always been together. She watched the girl grow up to become a person she admired. A person that she longed for.

Jisun didn't know when her feelings for the girl started changing from something platonic to something that she couldn't explain. But she didn't really give it much thought.

Maybe it was when the boy from their science class broke Jiwon's heart and everyone in class had to stop her from beating him to unconsciousness. Or maybe it was when the girl was running away with her hand in hers because of a prank that she pulled.

"Just follow me." She had said, the warmth from the girl's hand spreading to her own.

"I'll protect you." And well, Jisun never really doubted the girl's words. [Jiwon's carefree smile may have made her heart jump a beat or two but she wouldn't tell her that.]

Maybe she realized it once again when the girl hugged her close and whispered sweet nothings into her ear as she cried to herself because her powers had activated for the first time and it had sent her senses into overload. Like it did to Jiwon months before when she suddenly experienced emotions that weren't her own.

She had felt weirdly off that day. It started from when she opened her eyes and read the time before she could even wear her glasses. Something that she's never been able to do since she was born.

Or when she left her room in her training outfit, only to squint at the bright colors surrounding every person that passes by her.

Jisun had entered their training room alone, her best friend having extra classes in the morning because she failed calculus the previous term. The amount of people in her sight made her quickly shut her eyes, the brightness of the colors overwhelming her.

She looked down on to the ground as she walked to the benches, hoping that the colors would disappear. Before she could do so however, a sudden piercing sound made her clutch her ears.

The girl felt her own heart thud in her chest as her senses sent her into overdrive. The sudden onslaught of things that she could hear and see overwhelmed her, bringing her to her knees in the middle of the room. The hairs on her arms stood up as she suddenly felt everything in the room.

People around her talked in whispers in concern but Jisun just wanted them to stop, the sound from their mouths making in unbearable to her.

A hand on her shoulder made her jolt back with her eyes still squeezed shut and ears covered by her hands.

"Jisun? What's wrong?" A male voice said.

"It's t-too much. Make it stop p-please." She pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

"Make what stop?" Another asked.

"E-Everything." She choked out.

"Get Park Jiwon now!" She heard one of the instructors say. A familiar pop entered her ears as someone teleported out of the room. She should really thank Gyuri's ability to pop in and out of places but the sound only made her clench her ears even more.

"What's happening?" Another person asked.

"Her powers are activating for the first time. I'm not completely sure but I think she's a Sensor." The same instructor from before explained but Jisun could barely register anything that they were saying.

"If that's true then we should all leave, we must be overwhelming her sense-" A loud pop made everyone flinch.

Jisun didn't have to open her eyes to know who it was, her presence immediately calming her mind.

The girl leaned in front of her, cupping her cheeks in her tiny hands.

"I'm here. I'm here." Jiwon sushed her, effectively calming her down despite the ringing in her ears.

Jisun softly opened her eyes, meeting the girl's blue ones and suddenly everything stopped. As if she was suddenly put under water, everything became mute and soundless.

Jiwon's eyes glowed at the same time that hers did. She felt something inside her stir, an invisible line connecting the two of them.

"Mine." The two of them breathed out.

It was the same day that they found out that they were each other's Alters. Park Jiwon, the girl that she spent more than half of her life with, was her soulmate. Jisun couldn't say that she was surprised, the pull that she felt has always been there after all.

It was a delight to find out that someone already close to her was her Alter. Moreover that it was her best friend, the girl that she's been secretly harboring feelings for.

Jisun didn't know when the other girl started to feel the same and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter