❄️ Our little snowflake ❄️

❄️ OUR LITTLE SNOWFLAKE ❄️

Yesung and Siwon are silently watching millions of white snowflakes falling down from the black sky. The weather today is terrible - cold wind is blowing and the snow is falling unstoppably and covers everything. Siwon is unknowingly rubbing Yesung’s belly where is their daughter. Siwon is getting restless because of spending the whole day inside their house, but Yesung feels good when he isn't alone. His due date is close and he isn’t nervous when his husband is close.

 

After a bit more longer Siwon leads Yesung away from the window and sat down on the couch. Siwon brings a glass of orange juice to Yesung who sips on it while they watch the TV and Siwon starts a fire in the fireplace so the living room is warm and cozy. Yesung shifts on the couch and places his free hand on the bump. He is feeling weird for the last couple of hours, the bump feels taut, but he doesn’t want to freak out. He is soon falling asleep, but then he feels a wet sensation spreading around his crotch. Yesung opened his eyes and looked down in his lap .... and quickly grabs his husband’s hand.

 

“Siwon, my water broke!”

 

Yesung is trying to stay calm, but it is hard when you know that your baby is going to come. He runs to call an ambulance, but then comes a cold shower - no one can get to them because of the snowstorm. Roads are impassable and no one can arrive to take Yesung to a hospital. Siwon is helpless until he remembers their doctor Park Leeteuk. The doctor is shocked to hear that Yesung is in labor and quickly gives Siwon commands. Yesung is sitting on the couch while gripping the bump and watches his husband who runs in the living room with his laptop and piles of blankets and pillows.

 

“When will the ambulance arrive?”

 

Yesung still can’t hear siren sounds, but they are close, right? Siwon opened FaceTime while trying to sound calm and explaining that no help is coming. Leeteuk appeared on the screen of the laptop and gives Yesung an encouraging smile.

 

“I have done this many times, don’t worry.”

 

Siwon propped Yesung up with a bunch of pillows so he is comfy and in a good position while putting blankets on the carpet so the rough carpet won’t hurt Yesung’s skin. The man runs to wash his hands with soap and then better uses a couple of wipes to be 100% clean. He runs back in the living room and Leeteuk gives him more instructions.

 

“Siwon, you need to check his cervix to see how far is he opened. Now insert your middle finger and index finger in his . Push them deep until you reach his cervix and ..”

 

“Wait wait wait! Slow down, Leeteuk!”

 

Siwon stares on the computer and takes few deep breaths before lifting Yesung’s oversized shirt and he peeks between his legs. It is scary, so so scary. But he has to do it.

 

Leeteuk continues giving him instructions and Siwon really finds the cervix.

 

“I don’t know .... I can pass three fingers through.”

 

Leeteuk nods and Siwon looks at his wife. Yesung’s face is scrunched up in pain and Leeteuk told him to move a bit. Siwon bites his lips while dragging Yesung on his feet and he supports him while Yesung slowly walks around the living room. This lasts only for a couple of minutes before the pain is too much and he vomits a bit. Siwon sat him down and checks his cervix again. This time Yesung kicks him right in his face and Leeteuk announced that Yesung is ready to push. Yesung is lying in the nest created from pillows and blankets while gripping his belly and crying.

 

Siwon is nervously observing Yesung’s face and listens to the doctor’s orders while his wife screams on the top of his lungs. Yesung has never imagined that giving birth can hurt like this. He swears he can hear how is his skin tearing up. It feels as if the time stopped until a high pitched crying silenced him. Yesung fights to lift his head a bit and sees his daughter for the first time. He bursts into tears again and uses the last tiny bit of energy to push the placenta out of his body. Siwon carefully brings the baby closer to the camera so Leeteuk can see her and says that everything looks fine. They have no idea that a crazy plan is already forming in Leeteuk’s head.

 

Siwon uses the finest towel they have to clean his daughter and then brings her to Yesung’s chest. The fresh mother is crying while watching the small baby who immediately latched on his . Siwon pours a whole bottle of vodka on a knife to sterilize it and then cut the umbilical cord while Yesung is impatiently holding their daughter. Siwon uses another towel to clean his wife a bit and then finally kneels next to them. Leeteuk ended the call, no one was paying attention to him anymore and he wasn’t needed anymore. Siwon covers the baby with a thin blanket and Yesung’s sweaty hair.

 

“You did it.”

 

Siwon can’t believe that Yesung brought a new life into this world. And it is all theirs! Their daughter is so pretty. She is a bit red and wrinkly, but they see her as the biggest and most beautiful gift. She has black hair just like her mommy, she has Yesung’s almond shaped eyes and Siwon’s chubby cheeks.

 

“Hello, Jimin.”

 

This wasn’t the name they decided to give to their daughter, but there is something in her eyes …. she is just a few minutes old baby, but she already looks so smart. They are looking in her deep and brown eyes while smiling and laughing. Jimin filled her little tummy and Yesung started to feel so exhausted. He slowly hands her to Siwon who put her down in a crib he dragged in the living room. It doesn’t look like Yesung is able to get upstairs and he looks comfy so Siwon doesn’t want to disturb him. He threw the dirty towels and blankets out and then went in the kitchen.

 

Their friend Zhoumi cooked ton of meals they need to only heat up, he wanted to help them somehow so their fridge and freezer are full of boxes with food. Siwon found a container a seaweed soup and quickly heats it up. Then he grabs the bowl and a spoon before running in the living room. Yesung feels sick just after smelling food, but Siwon is stubborn.

 

“You need to try a bit, just a few spoons.”

 

Yesung his chapped lips and eats what Siwon feeds him. He is really exhausted and happy that their daughter is okay. She is their little snowflake, born in the middle of snowstorm.

 

Siwon covers his wife’s legs and keeps smiling at him. Yesung is falling asleep while looking at the crib and their sleeping baby. On the other hand Siwon can’t sleep. He waits until Yesung starts to softly snore and then comes closer to the crib. Jimin is sleeping, with a pink hat on her head and wrapped in a white blanket with sheep. Siwon can’t fight with the tears that filled his eyes. He feels so full of energy. Their daughter is here, Yesung is okay despite the hardship and Siwon is so relieved. He just watches her and cries while also reaching his hand toward Yesung to gently hold his hand. He was so scared when Yesung’s labor came and there was no way how to get to a hospital. But now everything is okay. Siwon sits there for a long time and occasionally put another log in the fireplace. He keeps checking on his two loves, Jimin woke up two times and he carried her to Yesung who slightly woke up and fed her, but other than that they both slept. Only Siwon was awake, watching them and making sure they are alright. The dawn came and Siwon didn’t even realize that it finally stopped snowing. Suddenly he hears someone knocking on the front door and got up from the floor. Who could it be? He is a bit paranoid or some instinct woke up inside him, but he is suddenly ready to fight with anyone who could be outside. He grabs an ash scraper from the fireplace and slowly opens the door. For a while he believes that a snowman knocked on the door, but then the snowman moved.

 

“Leeteuk?!”

 

And Siwon is right. The crazy doctor packed few things and left safety of the hospital just to walk to their house. It took him almost two hours and he is covered with snow, but he needed to come as soon as possible. The snow almost reached his waist, no matter how many people are battling with the snow and tirelessly drive snowplows. Leeteuk entered the house and tries to get out of his coat while Siwon hurries to prepare a cup of hot tea for him. Leeteuk quickly drinks the tea to get warm and then enters the living room. He comes to the crib and opens his bag while Siwon picks up his daughter. Jimin opened her pretty eyes and Leeteuk is amazed - Jimin inherited her mother’s gorgeous eyes. He examined the baby and he is surprised she is so calm.

 

“She is perfectly fine and so happy.”

 

Leeteuk smiles at the baby who yawned and then he moves to Yesung. Siwon gently wakes his wife up and Yesung quickly tries to make himself more presentable. He knows his hair is a mess and he is dirty, but Leeteuk only smiled and waved his hand. It is funny that Yesung cares about being pretty when he gave birth few hours ago. Of course that giving birth to Jimin did some damages, but it is understandable - Jimin isn’t so petite as her mother. However, Yesung is okay and pointed at Jimin. Siwon smiles and nods his head to answer Yesung’s silent question.

 

“Jimin is one very happy and healthy baby.”

 

As if the baby girl knew that the adults are speaking about her, she started to whine and Siwon brings her to her mother. She is hungry again and Yesung feeds her while Leeteuk drinks another cup of tea. Siwon told him to stay before he will be able to drive him home and Leeteuk is too tired to decline the offer. He goes to take a nap in the guest room and Siwon goes to give Yesung a sponge bath. Yesung’s whole body is sore and he thinks that he will stay sitting in the living room for a few years. He is in pain, his body changed and milk is leaking from his s, but it was all worth it. Because now they have their little snowflake.