Comfortable Silences

Things Unsaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan was a shy person. She usually kept to herself until she warmed up to a new person. Anyone who was friends with her would confirm the same. And yet here she was trying to become friends with the lady at the cafe. She was putting in a lot of effort in order to get closer to her. It had become obvious that Joohyun was more of an introvert than she was. Except for when she was behind the counter, she barely spoke to anyone. 

So when she approached her to go for a movie together, Seungwan was really surprised. She wasn't sure what provoked this action but she was glad. And that's how she found herself waiting outside the cafe for her to finish her shift. After overthinking her outfit, she decided to go with denim pants paired with a plaid shirt. Very gay of her, she mused to herself. Just as she was about to enter the cafe to see what was taking her so long, Joohyun walked out. And took her breath away. She was wearing a blue summer dress, with a blazer on for the cold. 

Joohyun was objectively pretty. It wasn't a lie. But here she looked especially beautiful with the muted cafe lighting accentuating her beauty. Seungwan stopped breathing for a second. 

"Hi, I'm so sorry I was late. There was a bit of a situation in the kitchen. Let's go because I did not want to miss the beginning of the movie. I have waited a long time to watch this movie."

"Yes ma'am. Let's go". Seungwan broke out of her reverie and started the car. 

"I'm still surprised you decided to go to the movies with me", Seungwan muttered. 

"We're friends? Aren't we?"

"Um- yes. We are". SHUT UP SEUNGWAN. Why was she asking her silly questions? What happened to going with the flow? She decided to put these thoughts aside and focus on her driving. 

****

The movie was a rom-com. Joohyun loved rom-coms. She'd been wanting to watch this for ages, but she didn't know whom to ask to go with her. Sooyoung hated the genre. 

"Why don't you ask the cute cafe girl", Sooyoung suggested as she Kneaded the dough for the buns. 

"Now why would I do that? I barely know her."

"Please, you're crushing on her and you look for excuses to talk to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter