You were mine

You were mine

Rosé

Rosé breathed in the air as she stepped into a venue of a ceremony, her heels clicking against the tiled floor producing the echoing rhythm sound, and each step got louder, indicating how hurried she was. As if a delayed long flight was not enough, Rosé was facing a terrible traffic of a city where the cars look like they never moved, so by the time she got in, it was almost time for this ritual happy ceremony was scheduled to start, Rosé was grateful to herself for having not promised to attend this wedding ceremony as a bridesmaid, if not, she would be more anxious to be attending the ceremony when it was almost time to begin, and she might be murdered by the bride-to-be for showing up at the very last minute. Although Rosé has saved a date for this wedding, but with her packed schedules, meeting and stuff, her life was hectic enough than to see herself coming home for the first time after two years as a bridesmaid, so instead, she agreed to attend a guest . Rosé had to fly straight from Sydney to Seoul after finishing her last schedule to make it on time for wedding and it almost left no room for her to breathe.

Squirming through the crowd, Rosé spotted her best friend’s family, they were busily welcoming guests, Rosé approached them to shortly greet them, they seemed happy to see her after quite a long time, Rosé wanted to stay and catch up with them but knew better and kept her conversation short. Both families gathered in a hallway busily talking and helping out the ceremony, things were ultimately chaotic; Rosé remembered how it felt like to have your head spinning around on occasion like this, when her sister got married.

Moving herself away from crowd, for a short distant walk after a hall way, Rosé, at last, was standing in front of a door where a paper with printed names of soon-to-be newly-wedded couple was attached on the door, Rosé heaved one more breath before turning on a doorknob, slowly pushed the door open from the outside, and as expected, she was greeted by a chaotic scene again, nobody seemed to notice her presence at first, until she walked into the middle of the room and made her presence visible.

“Oh my dear Lord, Rosé you make it!” Hyeri, a bride to be, squealed delightfully upon catching a glimpse of Rosé, she held up her long dress and ran to Rosé. Rosé opened her arms and gave her a hug.

“How could I miss it?” Rosé stumbled back a little when Hyeri stormed at her.

“Thank you for coming” Hyeri released a hug and had a full view of her friend face as if to make sure it was really Rosé , her hands grabbed on Rosé’s both shoulders. She emotionally beamed while Rosé was checking her friend out.

“You’re stunning” Rosé was mesmerized by how beautiful Hyeri was.

“Thank you”

“I can’t believe you’re getting married”

“Me, neither”

Both of them laughed at the joke only for them to understand.

“Congratulation sweetie, I’m so happy for you” Rosé pulled her friend for another hug, and rubbed her back gently.

“I couldn’t express how much I’m glad you are here, I know you’ve been busy, this means so much to me” Hyeri was so touched.

“You know, I’ll never be busy for you, beside I don’t want you to hunt me down so I would make sure I’m here for you on your special day” Rosé light-heartedly joked, but Hyeri knew by her heart that Rosé would make time for this.

After a brief catch-up, Rosé let Hyeri go, so she could have a little last touch-up making sure everything look perfect. Rosé’s eyes roamed around the room when she saw one of the bridesmaids, Rosé remembered she was Hyeri’s cousin, Rosé met her a couple time, then other two were Hyeri childhood best friends who Rosé didn’t know them personally, it was Joy and Wendy if she remembered their names right. Rosé bowed and returned them smile when they gave her smile. Rosé mentally counted and realized there should be one more bridesmaid because she was told by Hyeri that she was going to have four bridesmaids rather than half a dozen but Rosé didn’t know who they were until now.

“I think it’s okay now”

Rosé heard a voice that made her froze, followed by a click of the closing door, Rosé swallowed hard, for a known reason, it had her heart pounding, although without seeing the face, Rosé couldn’t mistake this voice. No matter how long, her deep tone something that Rosé could remember by heart.

“Rosé?” A surprise came across her face, when a last bridesmaid showed up, she went to have quick adjustment for her gown, and returned now. Rosé literally froze when she was called by her name. How she wish she could disappear now?

“Hey, Ji…soo” Rosé didn’t prepare any script on her head for a sudden encounter with this person, not one of her plans, and she completely forgot that they were Hyeri’s mutual friends, and it wasn’t. Jisoo had a surprised expression written all over face, but soon it was replaced by her bright smile, a smile that came back to life in Rosé’s memory, the warmth in her eyes, the way her lips curved up, and how her teeth showed, were exactly the same, the same one Rosé never realized how much she missed it until she was in front of it again.

After two years of not seeing Jisoo in this very close distance, Rosé found that Jisoo glow even more, her facial feather outlined the beauty of a matured woman, and perhaps it might be a fact that Rosé had never seen Jisoo wearing a full make-up like she did today, that was why Jisoo looked drop dead gorgeous to her, Rosé felt her breath caught up in and her heart raced fast.

“I’ll have to go and get ready now, hope to catch up with you shortly” Jisoo tore her gaze off Rosé who lost track of time of how long she had been stupidly staring at her ex, and she only came to her sense when she felt Jisoo patting on her arm before walking away, Rosé inwardly face-palmed herself for losing her cool, and failed to respond properly. She was standing there like a fool until every rushed out to get ready for the ceremony and she was left alone there.

During the ceremony, Rosé almost shed her tear, touched by how beautiful the wedding held in so many meaningful ways, she was truly happy for her friend, and wished her a true happy marriage life. The ceremony carried on beautifully, the happiest day of the couple as if this was a happy ending in fairy tales, those vows, genuine smiles, and kiss, Rosé was impressed by the beauty of it. Then one of the fun highlight came in which most every women looked forward to, but not Rosé for sure, for her it was just like a myth to believe that whoever got the flower, shall be a next lucky in love person to tie a knot. It was beyond Rosé’s belief somehow, as she herself doubted in marriage, but nobody could blame her for that, she learnt it in a hard way, witnessing her only beloved sister going through a failed marriage, and ugly divorce that didn’t affect only her sister, but also them. What happened to them after Jisoo’s brother filed divorce with her sister, Lisa, was something they never thought coming, the unspoken tension between Jisoo and Rosé , a lovely couple at time.

While Jisoo put aside the awkward situation, acting like nothing happened, Rosé, on the other hand, couldn’t cope with it very well. She took her sister’s problem to her heart, and took everything personally as if it was hers. Watching Lisa in pain, Rosé felt guilty to be happy, she couldn’t turn the blind eye to what Lisa was going through, and pretended not to know that a person who caused her sister heartache was a brother of someone she loved with all her heart. Rosé didn’t know what do at time, and she chose to run away when she didn’t know how to deal with it.

Rosé smiled bitterly upon thinking of it, but she tried to pull herself back, being aware that she was in the middle of such a blessing event, and felt sinful to think about a jinx, but all of this would not cross mind if not for a person that Rosé encountered earlier who now was gazing at her, she hoped Jisoo wasn’t walking down her way, but she was, and on top of that she stopped right next to her.

“They are a perfect couple, aren’t they?” Jisoo offered a glass containing of colorful liquor to Rosé, her drink, she mouthed “thanks”

“Yes, they are” Rosé adjusted her tone, making sure that she didn’t sound too excited.

Jisoo allowed herself to sit on a chair next to Rosé without prior permission, Rosé momentarily held her breath as she unconsciously sniffed a scent of perfume she just smelled it earlier in a waiting room, same scent she was familiar with.

“Hyeri must be really happy you could make it, she doubted if you could come” Jisoo recalled a little chat she had with a bride.

Rosé got slightly offended by how unsure her friend was to doubt in her promise, but she couldn’t blame her either, she ditched the latter a few times when they were supposed to meet in Australia, but Rosé had to cancel it the very last minutes due to her work schedules.

“I would regret if I couldn’t make it” Rosé shortly uttered

Jisoo slowly tiled her head to glance at Rosé, and Rosé was aware of her gaze, she didn’t feel uncomfortable, but nervous, with every stealing glance Rosé caught Jisoo doing, it made her heart beat the way it didn’t for so long.

“How is life?” Caring tone came along with a question Jisoo shot, it didn’t sound curious but filled with feeling of longing, Rosé suddenly found it hard to reply a simple question, after hearing Jisoo’s voice, she missed this voice

“I’ve been busy and stuff, it’s good after all” Rosé answered, “How about you?”

“I’m doing well actually” Jisoo replied

“I’m glad to hear that” Rosé gave her a light smile.

They became awkward again and it reminded Rosé of the old times when they were so awkward around one another back then. When they first met, Rosé didn’t find Jisoo attractive at all, she wasn’t her type to be honest. If Rosé would do anything to keep her cool and composed, Jisoo was a total opposite, she did every silliest thing in the world that ruined the image of her pretty face.

“Are you still doing charitable work?” Rosé managed to ask

“Yes, we recently founded a non-profit organization, one that Hyeri is a co-founder” Jisoo responded with some details

I was proud of you was what Rosé wanted to say but she didn’t. Who was she to say so? It might sound complicatedly weird, Rosé thought.

“Ah, I see” Rosé changed her choice of word.

This was another thing that made Rosé and Jisoo the two complete different two people when it came to their career path. While Rosé was standing confidently in spotlight, gaining the frame and popularity as model and soloist, Jisoo, was on the other hand, lived her goal by helping people to have a better life and make world a better place to live in.

“Are you happy where you wanted to be?” Jisoo frankly asked.

Again, Rosé was stuck by another simple yet deep question. If achievement and getting where she was now means “happiness” then it would be it, but when she replayed the question in her head, Rosé couldn’t give herself a genuine answer, was she really happy?

“I guess” Rosé hesitated, “I worked hard to get where I am now” she added

“You did great” Jisoo admired.

“Are you …? Rosé was reluctant

“I am happy now” Jisoo answered an unfinished question

The more Rosé looked, they barely had anything in common, and Rosé didn’t remember exactly why she chose to date Jisoo over her hundred admirers. It could be those subtle yet warm gestures Jisoo possessed, her pure and kind-heart which was rare to find in a world full of competition, her tolerance of patience Jisoo had put up with Rosé, her forgiving heart that no matter how many mistakes Rosé made, she was always forgiven. Rosé wondered if it was probably the way Jisoo didn’t hesitate to express herself how she felt for Rosé, or it even were those eyes that every time Rosé stared back at them, were always filled with love. Most very little things that shaped Jisoo into a person who Rosé once thought she would never fall for, turned to be every things that captivated Rosé’s heart but how and when it happened Rosé couldn’t tell exactly because before she knew it, she fell in love with Jisoo and she loved her still?

“What’s a shame, I really have to leave soon” Jisoo broke Rosé’s reminisce after she looked away from her wristwatch.

“Oh, you have to go?” That was all Rosé could utter

“Yeah, I have a plan” Jisoo answered.

“I see” Rosé didn’t realize how her tone sounded lingering.

“Will you join the after party tonight?” Jisoo asked

“Yes, I will ” Rosé said

“Awesome, let’s catch up this evening then” Jisoo smiled hopefully

“Of course, see you then” Rosé said, Jisoo glanced at Rosé as she stood up

“Jisoo” Rosé called, Jisoo stopped and waited to hear what Rosé was going to say

“I’m happy to see you again” Rosé admitted at last, hearing so Jisoo beamed widely as she bended over to give Rosé a hug, a very first hug since their encounter

“I’m very happy to see you too” Jisoo whispered, she released a hug before Rosé could have a chance to hug her back , a heart-felt smile was all she had lingering on her face before Jisoo disappeared from her sight.

This was not what Rosé’s scenario set that she had on her mind in case she ran in to Jisoo, she expected the latter to turn cold and treated her like stranger, but looked at her now, Jisoo was still a same person with her forgiving heart, Rosé knew it was too soon to conclude, but Jisoo didn’t seem to hold any grudge on her. Jisoo still held exact same gesture, same smile and same stare when she stared at Rosé. Was it too much for Rosé to hope that she could fix things and made it up for her?

Rosé glanced at her watch and she couldn’t wait until this evening party when she got to meet her again

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jisoo

Running her fingers through her hair, Jisoo fixed herself in front of a mirror on a walk way for one last time, clutching her purse in her arm, Jisoo walked toward a venue where a newly-wedded couple were holding an “After Party”, the informal ceremony among friends of bride and bridegroom, for a closer and warmer celebration, and most of all for fun, which Jisoo wasn’t surprised, because as soon as she stepped inside a ballroom, her hearing nerves were greeted by loud music that she could almost feel her eardrum was ringing, she knew immediately that a crazy night was waiting. Her eyes were roaming around, and stopped at a couple, she approached them first, giving each of them a hug and warm blessing.

“Look at you, gorgeous!” Hyeri chirped with her flirty tone, she examined Jisoo who appeared in her rosie evening dress, showing off her perfect legs, something more comfy than this morning gown. Jisoo could only respond to her compliment with her silly grin.

“I didn’t know you would have invited so many guests, this is not at all different from the morning ceremony” Jisoo commented, amused at how Hyeri defined their after party as a small party.

“You’re kidding me, at least we are not having aunties, uncles and parents dancing around here now” Hyeri looked relieved, “We can go wild as we want” she added happily

“The last part isn’t one of my plans, I do have something to attend in the morning” Jisoo stated

“Well, we’ll wait and see” Hyeri challenged “Oh, by the way, Rosé arrived a moment ago, in case you may be looking for her, she may be talking to some people at the bar corner, she is a star tonight” She added.

Jisoo turned her head to a direction that Hyeri was mention, then her gaze fell upon one person

“I think I’ll grab some drink with her” Jisoo told Hyeri, and then she felt a hand placing on her shoulder.

“Do whatever you want to do, and no matter what your decision is, I’ll be supporting you” Hyeri gave a light squeeze on her shoulder

“Thank you” Jisoo met Hyeri’s eyes, all she could see was sincere.

“I want you to be happy” Hyeri followed Jisoo’s gaze where Rosé was smiling, socializing with people.

“I know” Jisoo said, “I’m happier now” she assured Hyeri

Jisoo didn’t lie when she said she was happier, because if anyone would ever see how broken and lost she was, back in two years ago, they would have seen a huge improvement by now.

No one ever imagined how devastated Jisoo would be to wake up one day and found that the love of her life ran away from her, from a problem which it wasn’t actually their own but her brother and her sister-in-law?

Rosé left without saying goodbye, leaving unsolved situation, along with the wound and damage between two families, and also a heart-broken. Life wasn’t fair and it never was that was what many people said, but as an optimist, Jisoo refused to believe it until their abrupt break-up without any sign or warning, when Rosé decided to give up on everything and followed her sister back to Australia. It wasn’t fair for them because Jisoo and Rosé became couple even before Lisa and her brother even got to know each other, and their divorce should not have affected their relationship but it actually did.

During the first three months, Jisoo had tried each and every way to reach Rosé, but the latter completely ignored her calls and never read any of her messages, Rosé cut off all kind of communication including emails, she never replied any of Jisoo’s emails nor returned any of her call. As a heart-broken that anyone could picture, Jisoo dwelled in sadness, wallowed in misery and cried to every sad songs, she was nothing but a complete wreck, Jisoo was living in despair.

It took her months and almost year to get back up, putting herself together, and back to focus on her work, Jisoo devoted most of her time and effort to help other, but still sorrow seemed to follow her like a shadow. After half a year of not hearing from Rosé, Jisoo had no choice but to respect Rosé’s decision, and stopped bothering her, and the only thing she could do was to watch her from afar, hoping one day she would return to her, but after year passed, Jisoo realized that it would never happen .

Jisoo never broke her stare from a particular person as she was making her way toward Rosé who was surrounded by men and women, they gathered to socialize and talked about things, Jisoo didn’t wonder why, Rosé was always loved by people around her. Over two years, Rosé didn’t only change but shinned brighter, she was shining among the crowd, she was chatting away when she tiled her head to her side and caught a glimpse of Jisoo, their eyes met, Rosé sent a smile her way, as to invite Jisoo to join them, so Jisoo did.

“You look great” Jisoo gave a compliment as soon as she reached Rosé

“You’re gorgeous too” Rosé returned a compliment

“Ah, thanks” Jisoo smiled.

“You come alone?”

“Yes” Jisoo replied.

Rosé smiled, and they looked at each other for a brief moment before it was stolen when someone asked Rosé a question and she was back to the conversation with them.

You are a star Jisoo thought as she watched Rosé confidently talked to people in her graceful way, one of the things that Jisoo adored about Rosé. She had always believed that one day Rosé would archived her dream as a singer as she always wanted to be, but never thought that she could be such a blighting star. It had been really long since Jisoo had a chance to stare at her like this. Smile graced up on Jisoo’s face as she eyed every movement Rosé made, the way she talked, how her eyes shined, and how her lips moved up and down, Jisoo missed them all. It took her a while longer to stand there exchanging the conversation with new acquaintance until Jisoo excused herself, she went to get a drink and found a peaceful corner to rest a bit.

Jisoo was thinking about something when she sensed a shift next to her.

“I guess your legs are giving up” Rosé showed up out of nowhere and sat down next to Jisoo, who was slightly massaging her legs.

“High heels are not my friends” Jisoo blew the air out of , today she had been on them the longest time as she remembered, from morning till night, she wondered how Rosé could do without complaining yet standing gracefully on them.

“You’ve never changed” Rosé commented

“Eh?” Jisoo stopped massaging her leg

“You don’t like wearing them” Rosé remembered, “I mean high heel”, she add. Jisoo couldn’t help but smile that Rosé still remembered about her dislike.

“I can’t help it, they are not ankle-friendly” Jisoo responded with her dry joke.

“But you know, you look good on them you, so you should wear them more often” Rosé suggested

“It’s not like I resent them, they are just a bit uncomfortable when you are standing and walking on them for long hours” Jisoo reasoned. Rosé chuckled at Jisoo’s reason but nodded and agreed anyway.

Back at time, Rosé had to make Jisoo wear those when she brought her out at social functions, Jisoo didn’t complain but as soon as they left, Jisoo would cry for her slippers or sneakers, it made Rosé laugh though

“How long will you stay?” Jisoo started a conversation again, with a random but to the point question which made a listener understood it right way what she wanted to know.

“I shall be staying around two weeks, if noting comes up, I have some deals to discuss here as well” Rosé memorized her schedule. She has a product that she was offered to endorse but never had chance to come to discuss.

“I hope you can fit me in for lunch or something during your time here” Jisoo hoped

“I actually have few free days, how about that?” Rosé smiled

“Wonderful, it would be nice to catch up” Jisoo couldn’t hide her smile.

“I’d love too” Rosé started to feel more comfortable, and had a deep hope at the back of her mind .

“Do you want some?” Rosé gestured a waiter to stop and grab one more drink

“Nah, I am good” Jisoo lifted up her half full glass of drink which she was having with her for a while.

“You don’t drink much now, do you?” Rosé seemed surprised

“I have a morning meeting to attend” Jisoo revealed

“No wonder” Rosé nodded, understand.

The Jisoo that Rosé knew was someone who would enjoy drinking and have fun when she was drunk, and being all silly by herself, Rosé looked back and smiled at those memories, unaware of how long she was spacing out, and had been quiet until she heard a question.

“How is Lisa?” Jisoo had been avoiding this very personal question involved around this off-limit topic, but when silence started to fall on them, Jisoo had to say something to carry on the conversation, and she ended up asking about, Rosé’s sister.

“She is doing well, she decided to continue her study last year, and she had one more year to finish her master degree in filmography” Rosé told.

“That’s good for her” Jisoo was relieved to hear so, “Lisa is talented for this kind of stuff”

“Yes, she is, she did some wonderful jobs, she helped with my MV’s as well” Rosé was proud to tell the world about her dear sister, and the rest of their conversation involved around Lisa’s but never once Jisoo’s brother was mentioned in their conversation and it might be better that way.

“Do you have any plan of coming back to live here?” Jisoo was unsure why she asked, but when they started to run out of the question to ask, it slipped .

  1. don’t know yet” Rosé responded, unsure.

Jisoo had to surrender to the silence when it eventually engulfed them whole, she felt like she was the only one trying to fight back the silence that crept in, when Rosé became quiet and focused on drinking, she grabbed every glass of different drink provided by the event, and offered by every rotating waiters who seemed to walk pass them every minute. Jisoo wondered if it was the way Rosé lived her life that changed her quite a bit, because Jisoo didn’t had it on her mind that Rosé could drink this much.

“Jisoo”

“Yeah?”

“By any chance, do you resent me?”

Rosé’s question took Jisoo by surprised, she didn’t expect to hear such a question when the latter had a guts to break the silence.

“No, I don’t” Jisoo answered honestly

“After what I did to you, all these years?” Rosé sounded remorseful

“You know I never have a heart to do so” Jisoo confirmed, “And I will never resent you”

“I’m sorry” Rosé said, an apology which was overdue for two years, Rosé said it now

Jisoo shook her head, she didn’t take apology, “Just so you know, you’ve been forgiven, please don’t feel sorry anymore” she then looked into Rosé’s eyes hoping she would find the sincere meaning it held in those brown orbs, Rosé seemed to see it, when her eyes were beaming with tears, she knew Jisoo did mean it.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Rosé

Rosé knew immediately she had a price to pay when she was forced to wake up by the throbbing head that she felt like it could explode anytime soon if she didn’t stop it. Out of habit, her hand fumbled around to reach for her phone, she cursed upon seeing the digital digit which told the time. But, that wasn’t all for her, as if her terrible hangover wasn’t enough for her bad morning, Rosé shot her eyes open as soon as she realized the room she was sleeping, wasn’t her suite hotel room she checked in yesterday morning, and left yesterday evening for after party event. Was she really that drunk, and what happened to her? Rosé asked herself, but before her panic delusion gave way to her wild imagination, she started to recall bit piece of last night flashback, and to her great relief, she was still wearing the dress from last night. Rosé’s eyes were investigating around the room to figure where she was, formed an “O” shape when she realized where she was, though some decoration has been changed, most everything remained the same, Jisoo’s place. She recognized it right away

Rosé sunk herself back on the pillow once again, allowing her mind to calm down, while trying to recall what happened last night, the picture was so pitched back for her. The buzz from a device made Rosé look around where she found her phone laid on a bed stand, she lazily reached out for it. Upon slide her phone screen on, Rosé was never surprised at the numbers of message she received in a day and this morning was no different, but she chose to read some first.

[7:15 AM], Jisoo : You were so drunk last night and you couldn’t tell us where you were staying, so I thought it safer to bring you over to my place.

[7:16 AM] Jisoo: Sorry, I couldn’t stay until you woke up because I have a morning meeting to attend, hope you don’t mind, please make yourself at home

[6:45 AM], Lisa: Are you still alive? Call me back if you are.

[8:02 AM], Hyeri: Thanks for coming, I can see you have a great fun …kekeke

Rosé took a good ten minutes to read and replied some messages until the last person, she thought she hadn’t heard from her for two or three months, she skimmed through her three messages and was hesitant to reply

[5:50 AM], Suzy: It has been a while, I was wondering if you’re doing okay

[5:51 AM], Suzy: I heard that you are in Korea.

[5:53 AM], Suzy: I’m sorry but I missed you.

Rosé bit her lower lip, she typed away something but later she deleted it and put her phone away. To clear her mind, Rosé needed to freshen up. Once she stepped inside a bathroom, her eyes roamed around the pastel bathroom, things were pretty much the same apart from a little makeover of the wall and replacement of the equipment, Rosé noticed a shampoo bottle, Jisoo’s favorite, she mindlessly opened its cap and sniffed the scent. Rosé was going to hate herself for this, when everything in this place just did nothing but reminded her of those happy memories when they were together. Those clear pictures in her mind when Jisoo walking out a bathroom with wet hair, sweet scent filled the room, or when she was brushing her teeth and Rosé was in a bathtub. Rosé closed her eyes, reliving every nostalgic memory, but when she opened her eyes again, she could only smiled bitterly, she realized they were gone.

Rosé was headed back to her hotel room to get few things done, she was looking forward to hearing back from Jisoo about the lunch that she invited her, and she was working around her schedules and she was more than willing to cancel some at this point if it could leave her more time to be with her. It wasn’t until an hour later when Rosé was done with her breakfast in hotel room when she heard a notification, she was hoping it was Jisoo when she quickly grabbed and checked her phone screen, and to her delight, it was a confirmation from Jisoo, and she said yes.

 

------------------------------

 

Rosé was waving at Jisoo when she entered a restaurant and squirmed through few people to the table where Rosé was already waiting. Jisoo apologized for being late but Rosé didn’t mind it at all, it was her who suddenly made this appointment, so she was more than glad that Jisoo could come. Jisoo put down her bag and removed her blazer in order as she panted for some air, her hair fell slightly loose hinting how hurried she was to rush here, and just only a second, Rosé was reaching out to help fixing Jisoo’s hair but she retreated it back before she could do so.

“I’m starving”

“I suppose”

When they started making orders, Rosé noticed that the menus which Jisoo ordered, were her same favorite dishes that the latter was never tired of eating, Rosé somewhat ordered couple new menus for them to try with some extra appetizers

“Thank you for bring me home, I was completely out of it” Rosé admitted

“No problem, beside it was my way home, which made thing easier” Jisoo recalled the incident from last night

“Hope I didn’t make any trouble for you, did I?” Rosé asked

“Not really, we just tried to put you into bed, with a little bit more effort” Jisoo held her laughter

“We?”Rosé frowned

“Yes, remember Hyeri’s cousin and her boyfriend? They happened to be living close to me, so they were helping me to bring you home” An explanation from Jisoo made Rosé wanted to give herself a mental slap.

“Oh my God, that was so embarrassing” Rosé couldn’t believe what happened, she would have to dig a hole and hide herself if she met them again

“Nah, it was a fun night, and nobody is going to remember anything” Jisoo assured

“Didn’t I do something to humiliate myself, did I” Rosé felt the heat in her face, Jisoo slightly laughed

“No, you didn’t, you were pretty even you were drunk” Jisoo said casually, and it wasn’t good for Rosé’s heart when Jisoo complimented her like that. “Anyway, don’t you have a hangover?” Jisoo asked, concerned.

“You bet, I swear I won’t drink that much ever again” Rosé groaned.

“People always say that after a hangover” Jisoo chuckled which made Rosé unconsciously pout.

“By the way, you have a higher tolerance though” Jisoo teased, “Your capacity was not more than four glasses back then”

“On a bright side, getting older isn’t too bad, I guess that the only thing I get improved after time” Rosé half joked about it

“That’s not all true” Jisoo opposed

“Eh? Why?” Rosé raised her brow

“That’s not the only thing you got better at” Jisoo explained, her tone didn’t hide how she was proud of Rosé when she said so. “Literally speaking, you’re a better version of yourself, you are great at what you’re doing” Jisoo described.

“Don’t, I’m flattered” Rosé said, even though Rosé tried to hide her blush, her face showed it all. It wasn’t like she had not heard it before, she had heard enough of compliment about her everywhere she went, but it sounded much more special when it came from Jisoo, she made her feel the way other couldn’t, Rosé wondered it was

“I really mean it” Jisoo earnestly said, it all showed in her eyes. For a brief her moment, Rosé felt heart pounding at the thought of the possibility that she could do something to mend things between them. Rosé couldn’t help but wondered what it could be to have Jisoo back in her life arms, was it too much to ask after what happened between them?

While Rosé had changed for better, she leant that Jisoo hadn’t changed much, Rosé still had the lists of her like and disliked checked on Rosé’s mind, Jisoo was still a same person with her kind and forgiving heart but more matured and calm and of course, she was more gorgeous. And if Rosé wasn’t fooling herself, she believed she saw those eyes were looking at her the same way they were back then, Rosé found it every time she stared back at Jisoo. Was Rosé too selfish to hope that Jisoo would still love her and wanted her back too?

“Jisoo” Rosé contemplated

“Yeah?” Jisoo looked up from her food but Rosé couldn’t find courage to ask, and left Jisoo waiting,

“I’m listening” Jisoo said with a smile to encourage Rosé to go ahead and said what she wanted to say.

“I wonder if….” Rosé hesitated; her thoughts were debating against one another on her mind, and she never wished she hoped for courage as much as this time, Jisoo tiled her head as she was expecting what Rosé was about to say

“Jisoo unnie ?”

A voice of a new comer broke Rosé’s focus, and took Jisoo’s attention, Jisoo turned to a person standing on the head of the table, apparently surprised. Rosé shifted her gaze to a person who looked slightly younger than Jisoo, her eyes were narrowed in confusion as she exchanged her glance between Rosé and Jisoo. Her cold demeanor was emitted around her.

“Jennie, what are you doing here?”

That was a name Rosé learnt when Jisoo called her.

---------------------------

Rosé’s prefect plan for a lunch date with Jisoo was interrupted and turned awkward as soon as a girl named Jennie appeared; After a formal introduction for both of them, Jennie was invited to join them for lunch, which the latter gladly accepted. Rosé didn’t know who Jennie was to Jisoo because Jisso didn’t clearly mention about it, nor Jennie would say it, but from the way Jennie became unnecessarily clingy to Jisoo that made Rosé feel uneasy, there was something about them that got Rosé insecure, and she didn’t like herself for feeling such a way though.

While Jennie was waiting for main course, she was sharing another dish with them, Rosé kept observing her. Jennie wasn’t a kind of girl who look friendly at the first sight, but once you got to talk to her, she had her unique charisma and charm that Rosé had to admit that it was easy to win people’s heart, it made her uncomfortable with the way that Jisoo was being so casual to Jennie.

“Can I have a bite Jisoo unnie?” Jennie pointed at the steak on Jisoo’s plate

“Sure” Jisoo sliced it and placed on Jennie’s plate

“Thank you”

Jisoo didn’t look up when she asked Jennie, “Is it good?”

“It’s yummy” Jennie replied

“Get yourself one then? Jisoo recommended

“No, I think I’m good” Jennie refused

“Didn’t you say it was good? Jisoo asked

“Yeah, but I’d rather wait for my dish” Jennie reasoned.

Jisoo shrugged but shortly she started to cut a portion of her steak and shared it with Jennie.

“It’s okay, I just wanted a bite” Jennie politely declined

“Eat more, you’re getting skinner these days” Jisoo chided, her tone wasn’t that fussy but more like a caring tone. Rosé almost forgot how it felt like to hear it, but now it wasn’t for her, her heart sank upon realizing it.

“Like you’re not”, Jennie bickered, but ate it anyway.

Jisoo shook her head at how childish Jennie could be

Everything didn’t go unnoticed by Rosé, who felt so left out, eating quietly by herself while she listened to their conversation, until Jisoo seemed to notice her silence.

“So do you have any plan after this Rosé?” Jisoo asked, Rosé looked up to meet Jisoo’s eyes.

“I’m scheduled for an interview this evening” Rosé told, “But tonight I’m free, wanna hang out?” She asked and observed Jennie’s reaction, but none came, Jennie was busily enjoying food as if she didn’t hear anything. On the other hand, Jisoo shifted her seat and had a side glanced at Jennie, and the brunette seemed to sense it when she tiled her head to face Jisoo. It was a subtle gesture like it meant only for two of them to understand. After a few second, Jennie slightly nodded as though she agreed to a silent request from Jisoo, in response, Jisoo had a thankful smile curved up on her face, before she turned back and gave the answer to Rosé.

“Of course, I would love to” Jisoo replied excitedly.

“How about you Jennie ssi, you should come along, it would be fun” Rosé approached

“Thank you, but I think I’ll pass” Jennie responded with her toothy smile.

“Jennie is a home body, she doesn’t like a crowded place” Jisoo informed

“Oh, that’s surprising, I thought you may like clubbing and stuff” Rosé said

“I don’t resent it, but I find it exhausting to be out at night, that’s it” Jennie explained to Rosé

“You just don’t have energy for people your age, I told you to eat more” Jisoo turned to Jennie

“I can’t help it, I was born this way” Jennie pouted

Rosé half smiled at the sight, but her smile gone once she witnessed an adoring glance that Jisoo was giving to Jennie, that same glance.

“Jisoo, did you get the invitation from a newly-wedded couple inviting us to join their trip in Jeju?” Rosé’s question drew Jisoo’s attention.

“Yes, I got one too, is a 3 days 2 night trip right?” Jisoo recalled the details that she read on an invitation.

“Hmm, I wonder why they want to invite us, all of people, single beautiful humans to join a trip with lovey dovey couple?” Rosé said, amused at her friend’s idea.

“It may be fun for them to see us suffer” Jisoo made a joke.

“Couldn’t agree more” Rosé giggled

“So are you going” Jisoo asked

“I may but if I do, I’ll only stay 2 days and 1 night, I have another schedule” Rosé explained , “Are you coming?”.

“Um, I doubt if I would” Jisoo pondered, in fact, she didn’t even remember about it if it wasn’t for Rosé mentioning about it.

Jennie took a chance to chime in “It sounds fun Jisoo unnie, you should go, you don’t often take vacation”

“I don’t know” Jisoo shrugged it off.

Rosé didn’t remember when the awkwardness started to drift away, she was thankful to Jisoo for being herself and made thing a lot easier for her. At the end of the lunch, they bid goodbye, and Jisoo was taking off with Jennie when she offered to give Jennie a lift, because according to Jisoo, Jennie was not allowed to drive after her recent minor traffic accident that fortunately didn’t get herself into any trouble nor injury.

In front of the restaurant, Rosé was standing there, watching while Jisoo and Jennie leaving. They walked along side with the certain space between them, as they were pacing up independently, no arm link or hand holding. There was one moment when Jennie abruptly stopped to stare at the glass window of the shop, and Jisoo walked ahead of her. Rosé almost confirmed that there was no intimacy between them until Jisoo looked back and searched for Jennie along the crowd. Jisoo walked back and stopped right where Jennie was standing. What Rosé was witnessing next was Jisoo reaching out for Jennie’s hand and intertwined it before both of them walked away hand in hand.

Rosé didn’t really understand how she was supposed to feel. The conversation that she had with Jisoo while while Jennie was off to the bathroom came replaying on her mind.

“She is cute”

“Who?”

“Jennie”

“Ah, that kid”, “She is cute but a headache” Jisoo defined

“She doesn’t look like one”

“You won’t believe how stubborn she is”, Jisoo complained in amused tone, “Once you get to know her”

“You guys seem so close”

“We’ve known each other for a year and so”

Rosé wished she wasn’t curious to find out more about them for she wasn’t afraid of the answer that she might get, but she couldn’t leave thing hanging on in her head, she was a kind of a person who couldn’t fall asleep if something bothering her peace of mind.

“By any chance, are you guys dating?” Rosé looked over a glass of water she was drinking from, observing how Jisoo reacted to the question.

Jisoo was good at hiding her emotion sometimes, Rosé was confident that she knew Jisoo so well but at time like this, she couldn’t tell what the other woman was thinking.

Jisoo then nodded slowly as she looked into Rosé’s eyes, “Kind of”

“Kind of ?”

“I mean we are learning about each other”

“Ah I see, so she is your girlfriend”

“Not yet, not officially yet”

The indirect response from Jisoo was only enough to stop her from imagining things by herself but not enough to relieve her fear, although she didn’t confirm that they were official, but still a term itself defined that Jisoo was unavailable due to a commitment that could be developed into something more serious. But who was Rosé to stop it from happening or developing into a serious relationship, she had no right to do so, not even a right to be jealous as she was now.

Am I too late?

Rosé could ask no one but herself

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jennie

Jennie had been exceptional quiet than her usual self ever since they got into a car, and it would be a lie if Jisoo didn’t find it weird, she was waiting for Jennie to speak up, but she didn’t, so Jisoo had to.

“Are you tired?” Jisoo simply asked

“Maybe” Jennie replied bluntly, her tone alone was enough for Jisoo to detect her mood.

“What’s wrong?” Jisoo tried again, Jennie didn’t reply right away, she turned away and looked out of the window.

“So, this Rosé-ssi, is your ex?”

Jennie let out a question that kept bothering her mind ever since they were at the restaurant. Jennie was quite surprised to run into Jisoo in the middle of the day in somewhere rather than her office, especially with someone whom she had never met before. Jennie would have suspected it if it wasn’t for the way Jisoo was acting around her, Jennie felt weird about it.

Jisoo saw this coming, yet she never found it comfortable to talk about it, but now Jennie was asking, she had nowhere to avoid it anymore. Jisoo breathed in the air that felt so heavy in her lung before confirming it.

“How, how did you know”

“Answer my question first”

Jisoo never knew it could be so hard to mention about her past love, but kept running from it was not an option as well, sooner or later, Jennie would be told about it.

“Yes, she is”

Jennie kept her gaze at the side of the street, no response from her after Jisoo’s answer.

“You met her at the wedding?”

“Um, I didn’t know she would show up, we’re friends to Hyeri”

“I assume”

“Jennie”

“If I didn’t run into you today, I’d never find out”

There were times that Jisoo didn’t like it when Jennie was being like this.

“You know I don’t wanna talk about it” Jisoo heaved tired sigh.

“Of course you don’t”

“Jennie, please”

  1. long will she be here for?” Jennie continued her question. Much to Jisoo’s dislike, the feeling of being interrogated was not her favorite.

Jisoo didn’t know where Jennie was getting at, “Around two weeks I guess” Jisoo remembered what Rosé told her

“And are you looking forward to spending most of the time with her while she is here?” Jennie’s voice was hinting how upset she was and it didn’t go unnoticed by Jisoo

“Jennie, I don’t know yet, we don’t have any settled plan yet” Jisoo honestly revealed.

“We, huh?” Jennie made a sound in .

“Please don’t start it” Jisoo impatiently asked, she couldn’t concentrate on driving and had to pull over now.

Jennie bit her lips hard, feeling hurt by a fact that Jisoo never bothered to tell her about this, in fact Jisoo never opened up to her at all about her past.

Jennie couldn’t stop herself from thinking what could have happened last night when she was calling Jisoo, right after Jisoo answered the phone, she told Jennie that she was in the middle of something, just then all Jennie heard was a woman’s voice, crying and rambling Jisoo’s name, in a split second before Jisoo hung up, she caught Jisoo addressing someone’s name “Rosé”. Everything made sense to Jennie when they ran into them today, she figured that Rosé was someone to Jisoo because Jisoo happened to slip this name when she was drunk a couple time. Jennie didn’t want to look stupid but her insecure got her nowhere but questioning their history and feelings that still had for each other.

“Is it a reason why even after a year, we are going nowhere but standing at the same spot from the very first day I met you?” Jennie ranted out at once, she couldn’t hold it anymore.

Jisoo didn’t see it coming, she least expected Jennie to speak her mind that it hit Jisoo in a way that she had to stop and think about what Jennie just asked, and the more Jisoo was in her silence, the worse Jennie was feeling.

After all this year, Jennie was wondering why it was so hard for the older woman to let her in as if she was waiting for someone to come back until Jennie accidently found out the reason behind it. Shared by Jisoo’s close friend, Jennie discovered that Jisoo went through a rough heart-break that hurt her badly. Jennie was a stubborn type who always believed that one day she could win Jisoo's heart, but after seeing her ex today, Jennie knew she was nothing compared to Rosé, from the way she looked to the way she behaved, not to mention how much feeling Jisoo had or might still have for that woman.

“Listen Jennie”

“I’m not ready to listen to anything right now”

“Alright, let’s talk when you are ready then” Jisoo “Now tell me where do you want me to drop you off, are you not working today right?”

“I’ll just get off here” Jennie unbuckled her seatbelt

“Common, Jennie ah, please don’t be like this” Jisoo grabbed Jennie’s arm.

“Please let me go” Jennie pleaded “I need time”

Jisoo knew better than to stop Jennie when she made her mind, it would only make thing worse for them. A heavy sigh was heard before Jisoo tapped on a button on a car panel to unlock the door. Once the door clicked unlocked, Jennie pulled a door open and got off.

Jisoo felt bad as her gaze dragged along the back of Jennie, walking away and engulfed in the crowd. She disappeared in front of her eyes like a wind, for some reason, her heart dropped.

 

One year ago

“Unnie, I like you” Jennie confessed bluntly out of nowhere, Jisoo tiled her head as if she heard it wrong

“What?” Jisoo exclaimed

“I like you, would you go out with me?” Jennie asked

“Wait, I don’t understand” Jisoo was still dazed

“What’s so hard to understand? I like you and I would like to go on a date with you” Jennie confessed with poker face that at one point, Jisoo thought she was fooling around.

“Do you know what you’re talking about?” Jisoo asked

“More than any goal in my life that I’m sure about” Jennie grinned

“Jennie” Jisoo was blown away and no not to say

“It’s okay if you don’t say yes, but don’t reject me yet, I’ll try again next time” Jennie said and left Jisoo’s office, leaving the older woman in confusion.

Kim Jennie, an intern who was introduced to Jisoo a few months then. She wasn’t just an ordinary intern, not only because her family was a main donator to their charitable organization, but she had a very unique personality like no one else.

Jennie was entrusted to Jisoo not only for work but personal life. As the only daughter, Jennie’s mother asked Jisoo to take care of her daughter for her while she would always be away on business overseas. At time, Jisoo had an impression that Jennie was a trouble maker, a person who had a specialty to turn things messy without much effort but then she made Jisoo laugh too.

One thing that Jisoo knew for sure, Jennie was persistent. She didn’t hesitate to express her exceptional crush over Jisoo now and then. Jisoo never accepted nor rejected her though, but Jennie never gave up and kept asking Jisoo out whle Jisoo never agreed.

It was one winter day that Jennie showed up at work but that day she didn’t bother Jisoo as usual, in fact she looked rather blue. Jisoo noticed the downcast aura around her and couldn’t help but worried. It turned out that it was her father’s anniversary, and Jennie wasn’t cheerful as usual.

“It’s freezing outside” Jisoo stopped by Jennie who was looking out of the glass window of the office holding a cup of hot cocoa on her hand, she had a side glance at Jisoo before returning to the view before her.

“Uhm”

“It would be nice to have grilled meat” Jisoo said

“Why are you suddenly talking about food now?” Jennie frowned

“Well, just wondering” Jisoo started, “If you would like to go out and have the grilled meat”

Jennie turned to look at Jisoo had a straight face on.

“Are you asking if I would go out and have dinner with you?” Jennie looked confused.

Jisoo looked at Jennie one last time, before walking off, leaving Jennie even more confused.

“I’ll pick you up at 7:00 PM in front of your place, so don’t be late”

“Huh?” Jennie was dumbfounded

Jisoo turned around and asked “Don’t you want to go on a date?”

Jennie couldn’t believe what she just heard, a smile that was missing all day graced up on her face, the happiest smile of the day.

“Of course, I would love to”

That was how it started, Jisoo gave it a try even though she didn’t truly open up her heart, and things between them went in a very slow pace, like they were not dating at all, given that they were working together. Jisoo as a president while Jennie was an intern.It took Jennie to complete her internship to be able to hold Jisoo’s hand in public, or seen together as per whatever policies Jisoo defined. Somehow Jennie learnt to be patient, and that wasn’t like her at all, Jennie usually had a very low tolerance when it came to emotion control, but she did try for Jisoo.

It could be a fact that Jisoo was a kind and warm-heart person that Jennie might mistake it as her gesture of caring and love and she hoped to crumble the wall inside Jisoo’s heart and be the one inside it one day. Jennie was too confident to think that she could heal her wound and erase her pain because every time Jennie saw Jisoo smile when she was with her, Jennie convinced herself that Jisoo was happy about them, and it seemed she could forget all the pain and moved on. But at the back of Jennie’s mind, she doubted if Jisoo was completely over her ex.

Jennie got out of a cab when she spotted Jisoo leaning on her car in front of her apartment complex, her mood wasn’t getting any better, Jisoo walked up to Jennie when she saw her.

“Please leave me alone” Jennie said when Jisoo stopped in front of her.

“You don’t want to be alone” Jisoo argued, “And I can’t leave you alone”

That was a fact, Jennie didn’t really want to be alone. She hated herself for being as transparent as a book and Jisoo could read her through. Jennie looked away, afraid if she looked into Jisoo’s eye now, the tear that she succeeded holding back, might make it way back to her eyes. She felt the warmth of a hand when Jisoo held her hand.

“Do you want to have something sweet, you didn’t eat enough at lunch?”

“I don’t want”

“Iced cream will make you feel better”

“I’m not a kid unnie, sweet treat won’t help”

“Alright” Jisoo gently cupped Jennie’s face and made Jennie looked at her in the eyes. A soft gaze comforted Jennie and made her calm.

“I’m sorry for having made you feel terrible” Jisoo apologized, “Will you forgive me?”

Jennie couldn’t stand to see those guilty eyes, she nodded as a response. Jennie forgot everything that went wrong and only remembered the warmth when she was in Jisoo’s arms.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Rosé

 

Rosé was having a view of the beautiful landscape at a nice resort embraced in the arms of nature, a wonderful place anyone could ask for. Somehow, Rosé started to doubt if she made the right decision to join this trip, when her focus wasn’t actually on the beauty of scenario but darting toward the two people from a long distance ahead, Jennie and Jisoo were enjoying the outdoor activities that their trip program had to offer.

“Don’t sulk, go over and have fun” Hyeri stopped and stood next to Rosé

“Nah, you know it’s not my thing” Rosé refused, “I’d rather stay in”

“You never change” Hyeri commented.

“Jisoo seems to enjoy all kind of activities here” Hyeri looked at those two

“She liked doing fun and silly stuff” Rosé mindlessly recalled which Hyeri didn’t miss to see a smile on Rosé’s face when she talked about Jisoo.

“Yeah, she still does though” Hyeri added.

“She hasn’t changed much” Rosé agreed

Hyeri wasn’t sure if what she was trying to do would be the best for all of them. As a friend, it didn’t hurt Hyeri any less when her two best friend ended up this way.

“I heard that you were dating Suzy a while back” Hyeri started a deeper conversation, it drew Rosé, she turned to Hyeri.

“Um, we were” Rosé told, “Wondering if it was because of me that it didn’t turn out well”

“Nah, don’t beat yourself up”

Hyeri placed her hand on her Rosé’s shoulder, which the latter responded her grateful, she laid her hand on the top of Hyeri’s.

“By the way, you’re not dating anyone at the moment, are you?” Hyeri asked.

“Why? Are you trying to hook me up with someone?” Rosé asked with amused tone

“Well, if you are interested, there are some who hit on you” Hyeri approached

“No, I’m good, but thank you” Rosé turned down her offer.

Fainted giggle was heard from afar, Rosé and Hyeri turned their focus back at two people playing at the field at the same time

“Is Jennie the first person she ever dated…after me?” Rosé found her courage to ask and Hyeri could feel the regret in her tone.

“As far as I’ve seen, yes” Hyeri replied

“How long have they been dat…I mean seeing each other?” Rosé changed the term accordingly to what Jisoo told her.

“Honestly, I didn’t even know they were seeing each other until lately, Jisoo kept it personal this time” Hyeri stated a fact. “She has changed a bit” she added

“Do you think so?” Rosé glanced at her friend, her mind was protesting, because from what she has seen, Rosé believed that Jisoo was still the same person she had known and had loved.

“She learnt it a very hard way, don’t you expect her to stay the same, do you?” Hyeri asked

“I don’t know, in some way I feel like she still….” Rosé paused, she couldn’t fully say it, but Hyeri understood what she wanted to say.

“You guys are my friends, I would be lying if I said I don’t want to see you guys get back together, however, it depends on many factors, all I can do is to support your decision” Hyeri said.

Rosé understood right away why Jisoo and her were invited to this trip.

“Thank you”

 

--------------------

“What are you doing out here?” Rosé noticed Jennie strolling alone when she walked out of her room and was ready to join her other friends at the dinner.

“I’m waiting for Jisoo unnie, she is coming down soon” Jennie smiled upon seeing Rosé

“I see, are you guys joining us at dinner right?” Rosé asked

“I don’t think so, we have a plan to go to a food market, a local one” Jennie told

“Oh, that sounds fun” Rosé was excited

“I supposed” Jennie replied, “Oh, there she is”

Rosé followed’s Jennie’s gaze and there she saw Jisoo was approaching them.

“Hey Rosé” Jisoo greeted casually, and stopped next to Jennie.

“Jennie-ssi told me that you guys are going to food market” Rosé said

“Yeah, we are” Jisoo confirmed, Rosé looked expectant, but Jisoo didn’t seem to get it .

“Would you like to come with us?” Jennie invited without asking Jisoo, Rosé was happy to hear so, looked at Jisoo for approval.

“Yeah, come join us if you want” Jisoo caught a gesture from Jennie.

“Can I?” Rosé asked

“Sure, more people, more fun right, Jisoo unnie?” Jennie shook Jisoo’s arm.

“Yeah” Jisoo agreed

“Wonderful, I’m in” Rosé was delighted

 

Rosé was tagged along the couple, which wasn’t their original date plan, however they were all excited about the local food market than to be awkward though. Occasionally, they stopped to buy food, Rosé kept nudging Jisoo every time she saw Jisoo’s favorite food, unaware of a pair of eyes. There were times when Jisoo stopped Rosé from getting certain food for they contained the ingredients that Rosé was allergic to. Jennie was taking a mental note of how well they knew each other and remembered each other likes and dislikes, something that she couldn’t relate to.

But Jennie wasn’t the only one, Rosé, on the other hand, felt a tug in her heart witnessing everything while walking behind Jennie and Jisoo.

“Jennie”

“Hmm”

“Try this”

“What is it?”

“You’ll like it” Jisoo was feeding Jennie

“Yummy!”

“I knew right”

“Want some more?” Jisoo asked, Jennie nodded, Jisoo kept feeding Jennie and herself and sometimes the older woman helped to wipe the sauce away from Jennie’s lip.

Rosé couldn’t help but felt jealous when this scene in her past was replaying itself, a beautiful memory when Jisoo did exactly same thing for her. She was lost in her thought until she heard Jennie calling her name as they were moving.

After their trip to the market, the trio returned to their accommodation just in time to attend a small pool party, which Jennie agreed to come along because the party was held privately and they were only their group, not too crowded. While Rosé excused herself and went over to catch up with their other’s friend.

Jisoo and Jennie sat at corner enjoying the live played by the new groom’s friends, the old songs were played.

“They look like a band from Hospital Playlist” Jennie commented, it was Jisoo’s favorite series and Jennie had watched with her.

“You can’t compare them, they are irreplaceable” Jisoo chuckled.

Jennie couldn’t mistake it. Jisoo’s gaze was following Rosé who was laughing at the corner with a guy when she said irreplaceable.

“Sorry” Jennie said

“Eh, why are you sorry?”

“I should have not compared them to your favorite”

“Aish, don’t be silly” Jisoo ruffled Jennie’s hair adorably.

Sometimes, Jennie couldn’t help but felt like Jisoo just treated her like a younger sister that she never had. Did she try to hard that Jisoo couldn’t reject her out of sympathy? Jennie couldn’t tell.

“Uh”

Jisoo turned her attention back to the band when an intro of a new song began, her forever favorite song, and the voice made her froze.

Jennie thought she heard the voice of an angel when Rosé started singing, it got everyone under the spell with her heavenly voice that got so well with the lyrics and melody, too good to be true that it captured the soul of a person seated next to her , Jennie didn’t think Jisoo even blinked her eyes once.

“Jennie”

“Yes?”

“Let’s go for a walk”

Jennie couldn’t understand Jisoo. One moment she seemed like she had something to say, but when they were alone together, she said nothing at all. Under the moonlight, Jisoo uttered no word, it left Jennie wondering and thankful at the same time, because she was really scared what Jisoo had to say. Jennie didn’t mind the silent and savored the moment as long as Jisoo was here with her, holding her hand as they walked.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go back at the party?”

“No”

They only decided to returned after it was getting darker, almost midnight and Jennie was yawning uncontrollably that Jisoo was taking Jennie back to the room. While they were walking hand in hand, on the way back, and passing the pool party, they noticed there were only a handful of people left including Rosé who was talking to a guy near the pool, they seemed drunk at a level. Jisoo took a moment to glance at them but kept walking and they almost made it to their room when when they heard a loud plop, followed by scream.

“Rosé?”

Jisoo was alerted by the scream, and the first person that came to her mind her Rosé . Subconsciously, Jisoo span her heel and dragged Jennie along to the pool side where she witnessed Rosé struggling to put her head above the water. Jisoo never forgot that Rosé couldn’t swim. Another few drunken people there seemed shocked and didn’t know what to do, they didn’t seem to even realize that Rosé was drowning. Jisoo was quick to react, she let go of Jennie hand. Panic took over her, when she ran toward the pool and jumped into the cold water.

Jennie was stunned at first but when she was back to her sense, she called after her, and quickly made her way to the edge of the pool, worried.

People only realized what going on when Jisoo successfully helped Rosé above water, some came over to help her pulling Rosé up, Jennie frantically checked on Jisoo, but Jisoo didn’t seem to notice her presence when she was focusing Rosé. The chaos happened right away.

“Rosé” Jisoo helped Rosé who was still conscious to sit up right, she coughed a few time as she slowly blinked her eyes, and looked straight into Jisoo. Jisoo heaved a long relief sigh, when she realized that Rosé was okay.

“Thanks God” Jisoo gave Rosé hug and kissed her head out of delight, at the same time, Jennie who rushing to them with towels on her hands, stopped on her trace, she couldn’t move after witnessing the scene.

----------------------------

Jisoo only returned to a room that she shared with Jennie after making sure that Rosé was really fine. She asked Jennie to come to rest first while Hyeri and her were giving Rosé company until she felt asleep. By that time, it was almost 2 AM in the morning, Jisoo found Jennie was already asleep on one of the twin beds, some light were on, so Jisoo assumed Jennie felt asleep before turning them off. She was tiptoeing toward a closet to grab her pajamas, making the least noise possible so she wouldn’t disturb Jennie while she was sleeping.

“Are you back?” Jennie stirred up, she squinted her eyes, adjusting to the light.

“Mm” Jisoo hummed a response

“How is Rosé-ssi?” Jennie asked fighting her drowsiness.

“She is fine now” Jisoo confirmed

“What’s a relief” Jennie said

“Yeah” Jisoo agreed

“Unnie, there are cold relief medicine and pain killer at your night stand, if you don’t feel well” Jennie informed , Jisoo looked at her night stand and nodded.

“Thank you, please go back to sleep, I’ll shower and go to bed soon” Jisoo told before switching off the light in main bed room, leaving some on the light on bed head and bathroom.

“Okay”

In shower, Jisoo let the warm water run through her to wash away her tiredness, it had been a long day since an early morning flight, all day long activities, strolling, drinking and rescue. Replaying events, so many fresh memories came rushing in, and she let herself lost in her thoughts. Jisoo only realized she had been in shower way too long when white foggy smoke of hot shower engulf the whole bathroom, she grabbed a towel and walked.

Quietly walking to bed, instead of stopping on a vacant bed, Jisoo squeezed herself in to a bed where it was already occupied by one person, Jisoo slipped herself under a blanket, and felt the warmth of other person when she hugged Jennie from behind.

“Good night Jennie” Jisoo kissed Jennie’s hair, a last smile appeared before Jisoo drifted to a dreamland

 

---------------------------

 

Next day, while Rosé was resting in her room, Jisoo and Jennie were out for one day trekking activity, and changed some activities the newly-wedded planned for them.

Rosé got out of her hotel room to get some fresh air and eat, she realized it was the evening time when Jisoo and Jennie returned from their outdoor activity. Rosé frowned at the sight. Jisoo was circling her arm around Jennie shoulder for support, she was practically hopping to the elevator. Rosé immediately approached them and found out that Jisoo sprained her foot on the way back from trekking. Rosé was obviously concerned over Jisoo, but the latter assured that she was alright, and there was nothing to worry, but still Rosé was keen to follow Jisoo and Jennie to their room where Jennie was tending to Jisoo’s foot.

“Can I do something to help?” Rosé asked after observing how Jennie was using an ice pack to reduce the swelling.

“It’s ok, I’m good, thank you anyway” Jennie didn’t look up at Rosé but resuming what she was doing it.

“Ouch” Jisoo hissed when Jennie pressed a cold pack harder on her hurt foot, Rosé was startled at the wince, but Jennie didn’t even flinch, she kept pressing the injured area with her straight face.

“Are you sure you don’t need to go hospital for checking up?” Rosé asked, concerned

“I don’t think so, we just need some treatment and I’ll be ok” Jisoo assured “Jennie can handle this well” she added, giving an admiring smile at Jennie.

“Jennie seems to be very good at it” Rosé commented.

Rosé didn’t remember ever doing the same thing as Jennie did for Jisoo before, she wasn’t good at such a thing, and tended to go for medical expert if any similar situation happened.

“I have to, because I always happen to be there when she is clumsy enough to hurt herself” Jennie explained

“Oh” Rosé frowned at the new information, she knew Jisoo was bit clumsy, but how often it happened for Jennie to be good at what she was doing right now surprised her

“I’m not that crude” Jisoo protested

“Yes, you are” Jennie retorted “But this time is my fault” she confessed sadly, Jisoo went silent

“Stop it, it’s not your fault” Jisoo disagreed. Jennie didn’t talk back; she focused on her work to compress Jisoo’s injury with an elastic bandage, the best they could get at a pharmacy on the way back to the resort.

“What is with that pout?” Jisoo asked Jennie but she didn’t reply.

Rosé was aware of the situation between the two, and planned to leave soon, literally she started feeling like the air in this room, she wasn’t any help after all. Rosé broke the silence of non-conversation moment to announce her leaving, and wished Jisoo get better soon.

Soon after Rosé left, Jennie also finished her work.

“Please rest, I’ll go out and get some fresh air” Jennie announced and about to get up from the bed but Jisoo scooted to reach her just in time.

“Don’t go, I want you to stay” Jisoo pleaded, Jennie didn’t know how to feel sometimes.

Jisoo held Jennie back by hugging her waist from behind, and slowly rested her head on her back. Jennie couldn’t move so she stayed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

It was a couple days after they returned from a trip when Jennie decided to give Jisoo on a morning visit for it was Sunday, she brought the chicken soup that she made for Jisoo, holding it on her hand, smile plastered on her face when she thought of Jisoo’s face, she got in without ringing the bell for she didn’t want to wake Jisoo up. As soon as she walked into the middle of the living room, Jennie froze and her smile was replaced by a frown.

“Jisoo, do you have any spare …?” Rosé couldn’t finish her sentence, when a person she thought was Jisoo appeared to be Jennie, standing in the middle of living room, who just walked in. Jennie gawked at Rosé who was wrapped in a towel.

“What did you say?” Jisoo walked out of the kitchen and stopped at her trace when Jennie turned to her with her cold gaze.

Three of them stood still at the awkward situation, the only sound was they could hear was from a ding of the microwave in the kitchen, Rosé was quick to speak up before the silence turned more akward

“You didn’t have any toothbrush in your guest room’s bathroom, so I wondered if you might have one somewhere” Rosé spoke

“I think I have some in my bathroom’s storage, I’ll check” Jisoo said but her eyes were glued to Jennie who didn’t look happy at all.

“I hope I’m not interrupting, am I ? ” Jennie spoke for the first time.

“Not really” Rosé said, “I just woke up from my sleepover” she added, then gestured Jisoo to help

“Rosé stayed over, we were drunk last night” Jisoo explained.

“I came over for a visit and made her drink” Rosé added

“Oh, I see” Jennie faked a smile at Rosé. Rosé smiled back, feeling relieved.

“Alright, if you may excuse me, I’ll go shower now” Rosé said

“Sure, please go ahead” Jennie said, she bore her gaze at the back of Rosé who was proceeding to a guest room then turned to look at Jisoo

“I didn’t know you were coming” Jisoo stuttered

“Shall I leave then?” Jennie snapped bitterly, Jisoo quickly walked around to grab Jennie’s hand

“I didn’t mean it that way” Jisoo held on her hand and noticed Jennie was holding a box

“I brought you soup, I’m gonna leave soon” Jennie uttered

“Thank you, I need it badly” Jisoo said, smiling “Stay for breakfast” Jisoo asked in an instruction tone.

Jennie didn’t reply, Jisoo took a box from Jennie’s hand before placing it down on a nearby table, she then led Jennie into her bedroom and sat Jennie down on the edge of her bed.

“I don’t know what you are thinking, but thing is not as it may seem” Jisoo squatted in front of Jennie and looked straight into her eyes. Jennie looked away, but Jisoo gently cupped her face and made her look at her.

Jisoo started to explain how Rosé showed up in the middle of the night looking a bit drunk, and Jisoo had no choice but drinking with Rosé when she requested her. By the time Rosé knocked out cold, it was already early morning so Jisoo sent her to a guestroom for a staying over.

“Do you trust me right?” Jisoo asked.

It wasn’t like Jennie didn’t trust Jisoo but she had a fear she couldn’t shake off, she just couldn’t trust the old flame.

Jennie pretended to be fine, as she joined them at a breakfast with smile, over the breakfast talk, Jennie noticed how Rosé was familiar with this place, she offered to get stuff for them, and knew exactly where they were, it appeared to Jennie that there were Rosé’s shadows everywhere in this place. Where she could never be, and more than anything, was how Jisoo staring at her ex, it pained Jennie’s heart the most.

When they finished breakfast, Jisoo offered to send Rosé off, Rosé declined at first, but she gave in after Jisoo’s persistence with Jennie’s support.

“I’ll be back soon” Jisoo told Jennie before she left.

When Jisoo and Rosé left, Jennie was sulking, she walked around with nothing to do. Then unproductive idea came into her mind, she walked into Jisoo’s bedroom again, she swallowed hard as her temptation and curiosity shook her awareness of being rude, it was driving her off the edge when her hands were trembling as they were fumbling through Jisoo’s drawers and closet which she found nothing, she was about to stop when some boxes caught her attention.

Jennie’s hands were shaking like someone committing a crime when she opened those boxes and she never regretted doing anything as much as what she just did now, if curiosity could kill then Jennie learnt how it meant now, because what she found, hurt her more than she could imagine. Jisoo still kept everything about Rosé, about them, and their memories.

 

-----------------------

 

Jisoo

 

“I guess I have to send you off here, Jennie is waiting” Jisoo informed Rosé as she stopped in front of her hotel

“Right, don’t keep her waiting” Rosé said, “Thank you Jisoo”

“No problem” Jisoo replied with a smile

“I’ll call you up later”, Rosé promised, Jisoo nodded

Rosé unbuckled her seatbelt and collected her purse , she was about to open a car door when she heard Jisoo calling her name, she turned around as the same time Jisoo was bending over to pick up her forgotten bag of clothes. Time literally stopped, and could feel Jisoo’s breath when their faces were just barely a gap away, they froze in places, but no one was willing to move away, Rosé gulped down so did Jisoo, as they were staring at nothing but their lips, in a split second they were drawing closer to one another, until their lips touched, but before they could go deeper a buzz from Jisoo’s phone startled them, it sent them back to their senses and parted away awkwardly.

“You forgot your bag” Jisoo held up a bag, Rosé smiled nervously

“Thanks, um, I’ll get going” Rosé quickly opened the door and exited. Jisoo released her breath she was holding, she read a message and sighed again.

[ 9:53] Jennie : I’ll be leaving first, I’ll see you later.

 

Instead of going back home, Jisoo went to Jennie’s apartment where she was living alone, because most of the time her mother would be in another countries, and that was something Jennie kept to herself about her mother’s new family there, until Jisoo found out recently. Jennie might seem strong from the outside but Jisoo knew how lonely she was. Nobody could relate to Jennie’s pain as the way Jisoo did, and understood how it felt to be left behind.

Ringing the doorbell a few times, Jisoo shuffled her legs around as she was waiting for Jennie to open the door for her, but she never did.

“Could she really be going somewhere?” Jisoo pondered but she couldn’t be wrong. From the way Jennie acted this morning, she wouldn’t be somewhere else at this time but her home. Jennie reminded Jisoo of herself in so many ways, they were pretty compulsory and enjoyed repeating the same things without being fed up.

Jisoo waited a few seconds more when the door wasn’t answer, she punched a pass code that she could remember by heart, Jisoo got inside the house without any permission, and as soon as she walked in, she noticed Jennie’s shoes which she wore this morning, were thrown off on the way in.

“Jennie” Jisoo called out, as well as announcing her presence, as she walked straight to Jennie’s bedroom. “Jennie, could we talk?” she knocked on a bedroom’s door.

“Unnie, I don’t wanna talk right now, please go back” Jennie shouted from her room

“Jennie, are you crying?” Jisoo detected her hoarse voice. Jennie didn’t answer, “ Jennie, please open the door”

“I’m sorry if I did something wrong, but please talk to me” Jisoo begged

“Please leave me alone unnie” Jennie ushered her away

“I can’t leave you alone without me knowing what you are crying for” Jisoo shouted through the door

“Please” Jennie pleaded, she covered as her weeping sound escaped. Jisoo didn’t listen to the pleading, she pushed the door open to find Jennie hugging her knees crying at a corner of her bed, her hands on to cover the sound of her weep, Jisoo couldn’t stand the sight, it pained her heart to see Jennie crying. Jisoo unconsciously dug her nails in her palm, as her heart was tighten, she didn’t want to see Jennie unhappy and last things she wanted to witness was her tears.

Jennie didn’t do anything wrong, if there was one mistake that Jennie made then it would be to fall in love with a person like Jisoo, who held on into her past, and lingering memories that could never come back. Jisoo might dwell in it way too long to have hurt this person the way Jennie didn’t deserve it.

Jisoo crouched down in front of Jennie before taking her into her arms, she embraced Jennie as if she was the only thing her life depended on.

“Please don’t cry, I’ll always be here with you”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Days passed after the incident in the car, where Rosé and Jisoo acted as if it had never happened, or probably one of them tried to forget it .Tonight, was one night away before Rosé was scheduled to leave Korea for Australia the next morning, as a farewell, Rosé invited Jisoo out for dinner, which Jisoo managed to come after having a little fight with Jennie for forgetting their date. Jisoo felt bad for that but she made sure to make it up for Jennie later, for she believed she still had plenty of time to spend with Jennie while Rosé was leaving tomorrow.

Throughout the dinner, Rosé was acting a bit weird as if she had something to say, but every time she opened , she seemed hesitant and held it back, again and again. Jisoo frowned at the repeated actions but she chose not to ask but waited for Rosé to be the one making her decision whether to say or kept it, Rosé had more than enough chances to speak up but she didn’t until the time ticked by.

“Jisoo, thank you for everything” Rosé said

“No thank me, thank you for coming back, I had a great time” Jisoo smiled

“I’m glad you did” Rosé replied.

“ Jisoo”

“Yes”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Shoot”

“I’m wondering if there is any moment that you may …….

Ring

Rosé inwardly heaved a sigh, at the right moment when she could muster her courage to ask Jisoo the pending questions that she should have asked, Jisoo’s phone rang. She mounted an apology as she picked up her phone

“Hello Irene”

“Jisoo, where are you? Are you with Jennie”

The hurried tone in Irene’s voice gave Jisoo a bad feeling.

“No, I am out with my friend, why?”

“God, can you check on Jennie? Seulgi just got the breaking news that Jennie’s apartment complex was on a huge fire, I couldn’t contact her”

“What?”

Jisoo felt numb and her heart sank, just then a TV screen at the restaurant appeared a breaking news of a building complex in the middle of the city being burnt down at the moment, just a swift second that her eyes laid on the TV Jisoo recognized the place where Jennie was living right away. Jisoo froze.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Rosé noticed a shocking expression on Jisoo’s face , and the next thing she knew , Jisoo frantically punching on her phone, her face turned pale and paler

“What’s wrong Jisoo?” Rosé repeated her question

“I have to go and check on Jennie, her apartment is on fire, and I can’t get through her” Jisoo spoke in one breath, Rosé was shocked too.

“I need to go and find her” Jisoo was shaking.

“Calm down Jisoo” Rosé held on Jisoo’s arm but Jisoo broke loose,

“I’ll go find Jennie” Jisoo seemed to go insane any moment soon, she got up and was leaving.

“Alright, I’m going with you then” Rosé said.

Shortly after, they made their way into a car, and driving off to the road, Rosé was driving for a safety reason while Jisoo anxiously re-dialing a same old number over and over even though she got no response; Rosé time to time took a glance at Jisoo, all she saw was the fear was written on Jisoo’s face now, her hands were trembling typing away on her phone. Rosé couldn’t feel any worse, she felt the pain in Jisoo’s eyes.

“Jennie, please be safe”

For the first time in two years, Rosé saw Jisoo cry.

With a lineup of fire trucks, ambulance and police cars, they couldn’t drive any further and had to stop a bit far from the building. Once a car stopped moving, before Rosé could get a hold of Jisoo, she hopped off and disappeared in a chaos, Jisoo bumped on few people along the way, from a far, Jisoo could see the brightness of the sky in the night where the building is heavily on fire. Rosé got off the car and ran after her. Jisoo heared nothing but her own heartbeat, it got louder and louder. As they got closer to the building, the chaotic scenarios were right before their eyes, noise of siren, shouting, people weeping and officers in service running around, nurse were tending to wounded people who got out of the building.

Rosé could only scream Jisoo name to stop when she was trying to break through the danger area, fortunately Jisoo was held back by a firefighter, who blocked her from getting closer.

“I need to find someone there” Jisoo struggled to break loose of his hold.

“You can’t go in” He stopped her

“Please let me go” Jisoo shouted

“No, M’am, you’re not allowed. It’s too dangerous, our teams are doing our best to rescue people inside there” He informed while not losing his tight grips

“Please, Jennie is there, she always sleeps at this hour” Jisoo cried insanely

“Please step back, we have enough tasks on our hands now” He pushed her back

“Jisoo” Rosé reached for Jisoo and pulled her back, Rosé was at the verge of her tear seeing Jisoo like this.

“I must go, let me go” Jisoo brushed from their hold

“Jisoo , you can’t .Wait out here!” Rosé bawled

“No, Jennie may be trapped inside her room” Jisoo shouted madly, she finally lost it.

“Listen, Jisoo!” Rosé shouted, shaking Jisoo’s both arms, Jisoo turned and looked at Rosé

“I know you are worried sick right now, but nothing you can do at the moment, it’s too dangerous” Rosé warned, as she locked Jisoo and harshly dragged her away from the area the officers were working busily and bumping on them.

“No, Rosé, you don’t understand” Jisoo shook her head.

“Of course, I do” Rosé

“I can’t live without her, I can’t live if this world is without Jennie” Jisoo broke down there.

As dark smoke and fire engulfed the building, her whole body was trembling, it felt like her soul was out, and drained her energy out as her legs became weak, and was about to collapse if it wasn’t for Rosé that was holding on her.

As tear flooded on her eyes, Jisoo recalled a recent memory of her and Jennie fighting because Jisoo had to cancel her plan with Jennie and went to see Rosé.

“Please don’t make a big deal, Rosé is leaving tomorrow but we have all the time in the world for our date”

“That isn’t a point, a point is that you forgot it”

“Jennie, please, I’ll make it up to you, I promise”

Her eyes wasn’t focusing but roaming aimlessly anyway, hoping to find Jennie among those who were being rescued or carried out. For a moment, Jisoo became still, then she tried to break loose from Rosé’s hold, she was reluctant to release her at first, but something was telling her to set Jisoo free

Jisoo got up on her feet, she slowly walked toward the crowd, Rosé’s gaze followed a direction that Jisoo was headed to, Jisoo didn’t break her stare as she passed by some people, and stepped closer.

In her surrounding, all noise and chaos died down, the moment Jisoo’s gaze fixed on person sitting on the edge of walkway, her head hung low, she was hugging her knee, her hair was messy, her pajamas was covered in dust and dirt,

“Jennie”

Jisoo called out her name lovingly, a person who was called by her name looked up, her face was strained with smoke, tear was still visible in her eyes. She met those pairs of orbs which were beaming with tears too, but through those tears she could see a relief smile, Jennie returned a smile.

Jennie slowly stood up with Jisoo standing right in front of her and next thing she knew she was embraced in the safest hug that she ever needed.

“Have I ever told you how much I loved you Jennie?”

Jennie heard Jisoo whispering it loud and clear. Those three words she longed to hear, followed by a tender and soothing kiss on her lip.

Rosé stood from afar, watching two people were hugging as if they would never let go of one another, that was when Rosé realized that she couldn’t fix what had been broken, no way she couldn’t go back to pick up what she had left because it wasn’t there for her anymore, it was picked up by someone’s else who could take care of it.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Jisoo brushed away the strand of hair above Jennie’s eyebrow, her hand gently traced above where a fresh scratch was visible, Jennie was sleeping at last, after a horrible incident, nothing better than having a peaceful night at this safest place. Nobody had any idea of how relieved Jisoo was, and she didn’t want to imagine the worse. All she knew, she couldn’t be happier than to see Jennie there, smiling back at her, alive.

Once again today, Jisoo was grateful to those things that had happened along the way, because it was how they lead her to meet Jennie.

Things happened, sometimes we loved to be heart-broken and learned how much we could love more deeply , we learnt that pain was only temporary and healed by time, and one day when we looked back we would only be proud of ourselves for making it this far. Memories were precious, and each of them served different purpose, but no matter how much we cherished those memories and wished to go back at those moments in time or even changed a few things here and there, it was impossible, we couldn’t turn back time and had to live with it. But there were times that we couldn’t help but asked ourselves what if we took a different turn, would it lead us to the road we were now, and the anwer remained mystery.

Jisoo couldn’t help but thought about it sometimes. She wondered what if she chased after Rosé to reconcile with her at time, would Jisoo had to suffer the pain and heartbreak? or would they make more damage or make things right if she tried harder ? Would Jisoo feel the same way for Rosé if Jennie didn’t come into her life, or if only Rosé came back earlier before Jisoo loved Jennie back, would Jisoo and Jennie ended up together by now ?

Jisoo would never know and never wanted to know it now, she looked back and could only smile at it for she couldn’t do anything to change it and she wouldn’t change it as well and no matter how much she loved her past, she had to let it go in order to move on and lived in present

Rosé’s temporary comeback only taught Jisoo to cherish what she had and realized how much she valued Jennie for being there for her and had tried so hard to come into her world. Jennie had nothing to resemble Rosé to replace her, and Jennie wasn’t a replacement, she was precious in her own way. It was no doubt, she had loved Rosé and probably loved her still as a friend, but now Jisoo loved Jennie more.

Jisoo bended over to give Jennie a kiss on her hair then on her forehead lovingly, tonight was a rough night for her, a strong heart had been though a lot and it was time for her to be happy from now on.

 

------------------------

 

Rosé stared out of the window of an airplane, after it took off, the view below was breathtaking, a landscape of a country that gave her so much memories, those wonderful feeling that never left the bottom of her heart became only memories and might fade away one day. Rosé was here to feel everything all over again but it took her way too long to realize that she still wanted it, only to be found that it was taken away, she was too late to save it, and now she was only left with a bittersweet feelings

Rosé gave their break-up a closure to set them free from the unsettled past, the most beautiful moments were buried in them.

Rosé wiped away a lone tear, before giving herself a smile. If they ever crossed ways again, Rosé knew they were going to smile at each other like they never hurt at all

 

You were my life
But no longer mine
You’re no longer mine

--------------------The End --------------------

 

A/N: The original adaption of " No Longer Mine" by minniebabyjiyeon