Fin.

Thunder Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena was in her last class period of the day. She was bored out of her mind, her arm propped up on the desk, one cheek in her hand. She was glancing at everything she could find her eyes on, her history teacher’s bald spot, the clock, the back of Hyewon’s head. 

 

Yena sighed and looked out the windows. It looks like it’ll rain today. She’ll have to hurry on her way home.

 

“Psst.” Yena chose to ignore the whisper. 

 

“Hey!” A voice called out.

 

Yena felt a piece of paper hit the back of her head. She sighed. Yena was especially tired today, having to deal with her English teacher pulling her aside after class to yell at her for her low grades. She turned in her seat slowly. 

 

“Wanna go to PC bang later,” Yujin whispered with a large grin on her face. 

 

Yena glanced out the window again, “No Yujin I have to study later. It looks like it’s gonna rain anyways too.” 

 

“Psh. You’re no fun, I'll just ask Hyewon.” Yujin proceeded to ask Hyewon the same question, to which the older turned around with an emotionless face with a thumbs up and a nod. 

 

Yena rolled her eyes at the two and stared out the windows again. Hopefully it doesn’t storm. 





 

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Yena packed up her stuff swiftly before heading to the door. The rain had picked up to a slight drizzle, using her letterman jacket as a makeshift hood, she began her journey home. 

 

The journey was going fine, Yena was humming to songs and skipping in the puddles. 

 

When the rain had eased up a bit, Yena slowed down her pace. Wait a minute, she wondered. Why was her backpack so light? 

 

. She didn’t pack her english textbook in. Slightly huffing to herself, she turned around and started her way back. 





 

Yena eventually made it back to school, crouching down in front of her locker she rummaged through her locker. There you are! Grabbing the textbook she tucked it into her backpack and stood up. 

 

Yena glanced around, the hallways were dark with no one in sight. Damn it’s spooky, guess everyone wanted to leave early. 

 

She was walking down the hallway quietly humming to herself to ease the situation. From afar, Yena would appear normal but inside, Yena was screaming and cursing herself internally. Oh how she would love to be at home right now, tucked into her bed, safe beneath the covers. 


 

Just then a flash of lightning crackled in the sky, its burst of light illuminating through the windows. Yena’s eyes widened. She knew the thunder would come soon.

 

One, two, three, fou- BOOM!  

 

The thunder clapped and shook the earth violently. It took Yena off guard and with a yelp she fell to the ground. She screwed her eyes shut and scrambled to cover her ears with her hands.

 

She slid back, her back pressing up against the lockers and tucked her head in between her legs. Her heart raced in her chest. 

 

With her eyes shut tightly, she prayed it would be over soon. 

 

When another clap of lightning struck, she let out a cry and flinched hard. Tears started to well up in her eyes, and she roughly blinked them away.

 

That’s when Yena felt a warm hand on her shoulder. 

 

“Hey, are you okay?” a voice whispered gently. 

 

Yena eyes shot open, she glanced upwards at the stranger and was met with the sight of another girl. She had a concerned look on her face. 

 

She had bangs and light-brown hair, with an orange backpack and a small hamster keychain dangling from it. Despite the fear she was feeling, Yena had to admit that the other girl was very pretty. 

 

Yena nodded and shut her eyes embarrassed. She wished that the other girl would just leave her alone. 

 

“You don’t seem okay.” Yuri knelt down onto the floor besides her and nudged Yena slightly, “I’m Yuri, what’s your name?” 

 

Yena lowered her hands from her ears,“Y-Yena.” 

 

Hm, that name seems familiar, Yuri thought. 

 

“How old are you?”

 

“I’m a senior,” Yena said quietly, her eyes were fixed on the ground 

 

“Oh!” Yuri’s eyes widened a bit, “You’re my unnie then,” she beamed. 

 

Yena directed her gaze to Yuri. She’s cute, Yena thought. Yuri’s eyes widened again, and she blushed, breaking their gaze. Oh god, did she say that out loud? 

 

Slight rumbling could be heard in the distance. 

 

Yuri glanced out the window, “Well unnie it looks like the both of us won’t be leaving anytime soon.” She turned to look at Yena, the girl’s eyes were shut tightly… what a coward the younger thought. 

 

Yena opened her eyes slowly to find Yuri staring back at her with a smile. She sheepishly smiled back at her, “Y-yeah.” 

 

While Yena turned her gaze back to the floor. Yuri rummaged through her backpack for a bit, her eyes lighting up when she found what she was looking for, “Do you want to listen to some music?” Yuri held one of the earbuds up. 

 

Before Yena could answer, a crack of thunder struck again making Yena jump. She flinched and immediately dove into Yuri’s arms. 

 

She buried her face into Yuri’s neck and shut her eyes. 

 

Oh! The sudden movement startled Yuri for a second, and she dropped the earbuds but she regained her senses quickly. This girl was a stranger, but weirdly enough Yuri felt an odd instinct to care for her. She wanted to do everything in her power to comfort the shaking girl. 

 

She hesitantly brought her hands up to rub Yena’s back, “Hey, it’s okay.” Yuri whispered to her. She gently patted Yena’s back and moved it up and down. “Don’t worry I’m here with you.” 

 

The two sat in that position for a while, Yena sat silently in Yuri’s lap hugging her tight, with her face buried in Yuri’s neck. While Yuri held Yena in her arms, humming songs and alternating between rubbing her back gently or lightly patting her, like one would do to a baby. 

 

It was soothing for Yena, too soothing. Everything about the girl, Yuri’s soft fragrance, her husky voice, the vibrations from her humming, it lulled Yena to sleep. 

 

Yena struggled to keep her eyes open, she knew she shouldn’t feel this way. But her body deceived her, and she felt her e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter