Fin

I was supposed to be the one building the bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh " Kim Taehyung kept repeating those words as he watched someone outside Dahyun's window. "She's here. She's ing here--"






 

"Can you shut up for a moment?" Dahyun groaned in irritation. Her brother just barged in her room just to watch the person he has been waiting since the vacation started.







 

Taehyung faced her with a big grin. "I told you, she's having a vacation here" He stated with such excitement, and Dahyun rolled her eyes at her brother.






 

"And? Of course she's gonna have a vacation here. Her parents are from here" Dahyun uttered and turned the swivel chair she's sitting to face the laptop screen and work back on something.






 

"But she rarely comes here" Taehyung stated and continued watching outside window where his crush was.







 

"Because she's a city girl, coming here in this town would just bore her" Dahyun boredly stated as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.







 

"Then I'll change that. I would make her vacation memorable" He dreamily stated and Dahyun couldn't help but snort at that.






 

"You're gone nuts. How would you even do that?" She faced him again, wearing an amused face.





 

"I'm gonna tour her around the town"






 

"Does she even know you?"




 

"Of course, we attend the same University"






 

"And? Are you assuming she knows every person in the University?"






 

"I--well, it's--"




 

"You can't even approach her"






 

"" Taehyung ruffled his hair. He hates that his little sister is right.

He looked at the window once again, "It's not that easy," he said as he stared at the object of his affection,





 

Minatozaki Sana, A Cheerleading Captain in JYPU, A Sweetheart, and a Social butterfly was outside her parent's house, she seems like talking to someone over the phone while looking around. 







 

God,  Sana looked so amazing in her tight jeans and croptop that hugged her in all the right places.








 

"You're such a loser" Dahyun commented while shaking her head. "And if she knows you, she probably heard about the rumors that you're a heartbreaker" Taehyung immediately faced her with a glare.







 

"I'm not!" He whined.




 

"Yeah? I doubt that" Dahyun teased.





 

"I was just..I just..I'm looking for the right person" He pouted that Dahyun had to show a cringe reaction at him. "I know it won't be easy to approach her" He sighed and leaned his side against the wall as he looked outside the window, "And hates straightforward guys. So…" and he faced Dahyun once again with a smile.







 

Dahyun raised her eyebrows in question, "What?"






 

"I'm gonna ask for your help" 






 

"Never in a million years" Dahyun turned her swivel chair once again and ignored her annoying brother. "Don't you dare drag me along with your stupid ideas or I'm gonna kick you out of this room right now" she grumbled.





 

"Aww come on" He whined and walked towards Dahyun to shake her swivel chair, "You're just going to be my wingman. Help me giving her gifts while I remain as a mystery for a while"






 

“No" She firmly answered, not daring to look at her brother's pouty gross face. "You have a lot of friends that could help you, I don’t know why you're asking for my help” Dahyun rolled her eyes. “You know I'm not good with that”





 

"Then take it as an experience" Taehyung cheerfully stated. "You know, as if you're practicing to court a girl and save your poor gay --" Dahgun glared at him, "I mean, take small steps, by helping me out" He smiled charmingly, hoping that would fool his sister.





 

"God, you really are going nuts" She kicked his feet so he would stop shaking her seat. "Why would I be the one who's gonna court her? You're the one who likes her, you " Dahyun stated between her gritted teeth.







 

"You're just going to be my wingman!" Taehyung whined.









 

"Taehyung oppa.." Dahyun seriously stared at her brother.







 

"W-What?" He was taken aback at the sudden change of expression his sister's showing.









 

"Tell me honestly, are you on drugs?"









 

"The ? Yah! How dare you talk to me like that!" He threw a pillow on Dahyun but the latter dodged it. "It's just that I can't face her. At least, not yet! I needed a heads up and you're gonna be that heads up!" He keeps whining that their Mother who was downstairs shouted at them for being loud.






 

"No. It's still a no"






 

"Come on, would you really let your brother embarrass himself in front of his crush?" He tried to guilt her by using his baby voice and Dahyun just showed disgust.






 

“Ah right, you're a loser when it comes to Sana. I could literally imagine you introducing yourself in front her. 'Ahoy, My name’s Kim Taehyung the Darkness Ninja of Wonderland' " She stated as she mimicked Taehyung's deep voice with an exaggerating expressions.







 

”Shut the up. Look who's talking” Taehyung grumbled said. "“Hearing those words coming from you? Tell me, when was the last time you got laid? I bet you never experienced one--"







 

"Yah!" Dahyun exclaimed and threw the pillow, hitting Taehyung's face.





 

"What? I'm just telling the truth!"





 

"Leave"




 

"What..How dare you say that to your older brother-"






 

"Leave or I'm kicking your out myself" Dahyun stood up, threatening.




 

"Dahyun, you're my ace in the hole" Taehyung grumbled when Dahyun starts pulling him up and pushing him out of her room.




 

"That didn't sound right, it's like you're calling me a butthole or something" Dahyun grumbled and pushed Taehyung out who was trying to force himself inside.




 

"No! God, What I'm saying is you're my hidden advantage-"




 

"No"




 

"Like a cat’s paw, you know what I mean"



 

"NO"



 

"I'll give you fifteen bucks!" Taehyung pleaded.





 

Dahyun chuckled at his poor attempt, "Cheap"




 

"Fine, Twenty?"




 

"No" 




 

"Thirty bucks! Aww come on, Dahyun! I'll be broke if you're gonna ask for a higher price" and now he's at the door, hands on both sides of the door frame, preventing Dahyun from closing it.





 

Dahyun thought for a second, hand on the door knob, ready to close it. "No"






 

"You--Thirty bucks and a box of chocopies?" He said, face pleading, mentally cursing as he realized he's gonna be broke because of his sister.





 

Dahyun groaned and let go of the door knob,  "Fine, Idiot" and Taehyung grinned in victory, almost forgetting that he's gonna spend money just for the sake of Sana's attention. "You're such a loser" Dahyun shook her head at her brother's sorry .






 

"You'd do anything for someone you like, Dahyun. You'll understand that soon" He smugly said and pat his sister's back. "A good decision tho"






 

"Shut up"




 

------------------




 

And maybe it was a bad decision after all.



 

She's regretting it as soon as she stepped foot at the Minatozaki's house, standing outside the door, early in this morning. Her hands shaking as she gripped on the bouquet of flowers, red roses to be exact, and a letter on it that was written by her annoying brother. She's been contemplating to ring the doorbell, mumbling some prayers for herself. "God, this is so embarrassing.."





 

Sana don't probably know her nor her brother despite being in the same University. Sana would probably be weirded out by this stupid idea of Taehyung. God, if only Dahyun has a choice to run away, she'd probably do that, but the thought of Taehyung's offer, she couldn't resist it at all.








 

She took a few deep breathes and sighed in defeat. She should probably do something for this to end immediately.








 

'It's easy, Dahyun. You just gotta give that and introduce me as her secret admirer' She remembered those words Taehyung said to her. She couldn't believe she's really doing this now.









 

And when she was about to ring the doorbell,





 

The door opened, startling the both of them.





 

It revealed Minatozaki Sana, wearing a faded purple oversize t-shirt that's covering her shorts, her glasses slipped down on the edge of her nose as she was startled at Dahyun's presence, and her hair is messy, yet Dahyun still find her very beautiful, even with her bare feet on the cold floor. It was an unsual sight to see Sana like this. She always wear makeup and fashionable clothes in the University. Yet seeing her like this, she still looks pretty. Pretty and Adorable.






 

"Oh.." Sana uttered as she spotted someone, her eyey went to what she was holding. A bouquet of flowers.








 

Dahyun shook her head, bringing herself back to reality. "I...uh, I'm sorry if I scared you, I just, well, I was about to ring the doorbell but then it opened--"








 

"It's okay" Sana chuckled at her being a blabbering mess. Cute. "It's just that I didn't expect someone here" she beamed.








 

Dahyun cleared and turned to look at the window of her room across Minatozaki's house, a block away, and she could literally see her brother peeking there. God…








 

"Uh, it must be rude that I didn't introduce myself" She shyly stated and reached out her hand to Sana, "I'm Kim--"







 

"Dahyun" Sana nodded and shook her hand, her smile went wider, "I know you, from JYPU, yeah?" And it surprised Dahyun, she didn't expect that at all.







 

"Y-Yeah" she immediately let go from their handshake as she felt that her hand is about to get sweaty, "And oh" she almost forgot about the flowers, "These are for you" Dahyun shyly said as she handed over the flowers, and Sana took it, checking the Beautiful roses and took a sniff of it. Her pearly white teeth were showing. No wonder why Taehyung likes her.








 

"Thank you" Sana softly said. "Is this from you?" She looked back at Dahyun once again,








 

"Oh no, n-no" She mentally slapped herself, "It's from uh..the secret admirer of yours" she almost cringe at that. And she saw Sana's eyebrows raised in amusement, trying not to break a laugh.








 

"Secret admirer, huh? Do I possibly know that person?" She asked in amusement, trying to control her smile that's attempting to get bigger 





 

"I..well, it's a secret" Dahyun scratched her nape and chuckled in embarrassment.





 

"You sure this is not from you?" Sana tilted her head a little, looking like she's teasing the latter. And Dahyun could feel her blood rushing up through her face without any reason, and so she averted her gaze and looked back at the window once again to see if Taehyung was still there, and he was, hiding behind the curtains. This idiot.







 

"No, I...I was just ordered to do so" She almost squeaked at that. Then Sana looked at the direction where Dahyun was looking. 





 

This is all ed up, Dahyun bites the inside of her cheeks, trying not to visibly panic.






 

Sana chuckled, "So I'm guessing that this is from your brother?" . "Was it Taehyung?"





 

Dahyun had to shut her eyes and looked down, sighing heavily. "This is so stupid" she mumbled and heard Sana giggling.






 

"It's fine, I just figured out. I knew him because he is from the baseball team" She tried to at least lessen Dahyun's regret for doing this.






 

"I'm sorry, this is so stupid. I don't even know why he needed to hide for this" Dahyun grumbled.







 

"It's fine. Let's just pretend I know nothing about him" Sana giggled once again, "Thank you for this" She added.








 

"I'll tell him that. He'd probably pass out" She jests and watched how Sana's eyes turned into a crescent moon.







 

"And thank you for doing this for him. It must be hard for you" said Sana.





 

"Yeah, I don't even know how he convinced me to do this" She chuckled, but then realizing that they've been standing there longer than it should. "And uh, I should go now, you probably just woke up or something. Sorry for bothering"





 

"It's nothing. Not at all. I was just about to take that newspaper" she pointed the newspaper that was just few feet away from Dahyun, and the Korean took it, handing over her.





 

"Well, that is all. I probably need to head out now. Sorry for disturbing once again" Dahyun bowed at her.








 

"Thank you for this, and stop apologizing, Dahyun. It's nothing really. I don't mind" And she plastered a smile. "See you around?"






 

"Yeah" Dahyun chuckled, "Probably" She heard Sana laughed at that. Of course, they're neighbors after all.





 

Dahyun took one last glance at Sana who waved at her, and she did the same, awkwardly, before turning on her back and rushed through their house.




 

------------------


 

"So she knows about me?" Taehyung exclaimed with a smile of disbelief. Then launched himself on Dahyun's bed.



 

Dahyun rolled her eyes, "Don't flatter yourself. She probably thought you're an idiot for hiding" 




 

"Still, it's an additional points that she knows me. That would be a lot easier" He stated with a big grin.





 

"Speaking of" Dahyun faced him with crossed arms. "You don't need me anymore, you can just go talk to her yourself" 





 

"What? No no no" He sat up on her bed, frowning. "Not yet"




 

Dahyun tilted her head up and groaned. "Don't you ing tell me that you are going to use me again"




 

"Well, I'm afraid you're right" He cheekily grinned and shrugged.






 

"You're better than that. I thought you're good at charming girls? Then don't put that on waste. I'm done with this" She slumped herself on her swivel chair.




 

"Just one last time, Dahyun" He showed another disgusting puppy eyes to her.




 

"No"





 

"Please?"






 

Dahyun groaned in defeat.



 

-------------



 

So here Dahyun is once again, standing outside Minatozaki's door, but this time, after shaking her hand to shake off the nervousness, she rang the doorbell.




 

And it revealed Minatozaki Sana. This time, her hair was in a ponytail and she looked a lot more casual in her simple white shirt, blue jeans and black converse. She was still gorgeous, and as soon as Dahyun met her honey brown eyes, she immediately looked down the chocolates she's holding. 




 

Her natural beauty was even more breathtaking than her stylish one, Dahyun thought.




 

"Oh hey, Dahyun" Sana greets the latter with a smile.




 

"Hey, uh, I'm here once again" she shrugged and smiled shyly.




 

"I'm guessing that's for me?" Sana eyed the chocolates, and Dahyun immediately gave the chocolate and the letter to Sana




 

"From your secret admirer" Dahgun almost rolled her eyes at that and Sana giggled, reading the small letter above the chocolate.




 

I was going to buy you a flower, and then I realized that you’re far more beautiful than any rose I could pick -Kim T.





 

"He wrote this?" Sana asked and looked up to Dahyun who nodded. "Cute" she mumbled.





 

"So, uh, you're going somewhere?" Dahyun didn't even know why she's asking, maybe she was trying not to get things look awkward, or at least for her.




 

"Yeah" Sana nodded and beamed, "Meeting my friends near a coffeeshop around this town" Dahyun nodded.




 

"Then I better head home now. Enjoy your uh..day then" and she waved, awkwardly once again.




 

Sana chuckled, "Thank you for this, Dahyun"





 

"I'll tell him that" Dahyun stated. "And an advance welcome to you" and then she left the house,




 

Sana watched the latter walked away, and then her eyes went to the Kim's house, at the window where a person was peeking, Sana waved her hand, but Taehyung immediately hid behind the curtains. 




 

She chuckled.



 

The Kims surely are cuties..




 

----------------------



 

And then it happened again and again. Day by day, giving gifts to Sana, sending letters, and anything more.





 

Sana and Dahyun became friends. The awkwardness of Dahyun faded as they start to know each other. Greeting at each other when they pass by at each other and a little talkng when Dahyun visits to give Taehyung's gifts for Sana.





 

 

 

And now Dahyun's task is to get Sana's number. Which she already have on her phone when Sana insisted to exchange numbers, but she didn't tell Taehyung, after all, it's still Sana's decision if she wanted to give it to her Brother. It's still her privacy after all.






 

"A letter?" Sana chuckled and read the letter Taehyung gave to her.







 

'How strange to dream of you even when I am wide awake. 

 

I know that I am just a person and you have met many people before, but to me, you’re the world. There is no one quite like you.' -Kim T.




 

"And uh, read the back of it" Dahyun stated and watched Sana doing it, then she heard another chuckle from Sana.




 

"He wants my number?" Dahyun nodded, "You already have it tho, you didn't tell him?"




 

"I still need your permission" Dahyun shrugged, and Sana smiled at that. Considerate.




 

"Okay" Sana nodded at her.




 

"Okay what?" Dahyun looked at her in confusion.





 

"You can give him my number?" Sana shrugged and Dahyun nodded with an 'Ah' and chuckled.





 

"Okay then, I'm gonna head out now" said Dahyun with a smile.





 

"Do you wanna come inside? Mom's baking cookies, she would be happy to see you again" Sana offered. It's not Dahyun's first time to come inside, she have been invited over when Mrs. Minatozaki once caught her outside. She's a sweet lady, almost identical to Sana. Kind and Sweet. 






 

"I'm good. I actually have to meet someone" Dahyun shyly smiled as she refused the tempting offer.





 

"Oh, someone special?" Sana teased and Dahyun lightly laughed at that. "So that's why you're looking extra cool right now?"





 

Dahyun could feel her cheeks on heat at the compliment. Does she really look cool? Or was Sana teasing? She doesn't know. "Well, she is, a best friend of mine"





 

"Oh that's good to know" Sana mumbled, "Well, enjoy out there with your best friend" she wiggled her eyebrows to more.




 

"See you around" Dahyun bid a bye 




 

"See you around, Dahyunie.."




 

-----------------


 

"So, how's your not-really-vacation with your girlfriend?" Chaeyoung asked and she watched how Dahyun almost choked at that.




 

"I told you, she's not my girlfriend" Dahyun glared at the unfazed Son Chaeyoung.




 

“If you say so, you almost look like a couple in that recent post she posted of you two" she was talking about that picture of Sana and Dahyun holding an Ice cream that was a treat from Sana.






 

"She's not like that." Dahyun rolled her eyes and took a sip on her drink.






 

"What do you mean? I thought you know she swings both ways” Chaeyoung frowned at her best  friend as she said that.





 

That got Dahyun choke on her drink. “S-She what?!” Dahyun asked in disbelief. 






 

Chaeyoung sighed, bored. She then starts to swing her left arm both sides. “Swings, Dahyun. Both ways” She gave her a poker face.






 

Dahyun sas dumbfounded. She didn't know that.





 

"She didn't tell you, did she?" Chaeyoung guessed, and Dahyun shook her head, "Damn, well now you know"





 

"I thought she's straight.." 




 

Chaeyoung chuckled at that, "Bruhh, she's been hooking up with a few girls before, remember Eunha? That's Sana's ex" 







 

Dahyun's eye widened, "Why didn't I know that?"




 

"You're living in a cave. You would probably drown yourself because you didn't know there's a tsunami or something" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at how introverted Dahyun is, she rarely uses social media, uses it when there's projects or whatsoever. "So I thought you two are a thing"



 

"A thing?" Dahyun asked in surprise, "I told you, it's my brother who's making a move"




 

"It's you who's making a move tho? What do you mean?" Dahyun groaned at her best friend's question.




 

"It's complicated, okay? I'm just doing it for him and Sana"




 

"Are you? Don't you like her or at least have a little crush on her? I mean, you've been spending your vacation with her and maybe she is with you too, it's impossible not to--" Chaeyoung pressed more but was cut off by Dahyun.




 

"We're just friends, Chae" She stated between gritted teeth, and Chaeyoung raised her hands in surrender.




 

"But you didn't answer my exact question--"




 

"One more time and I'm killing you"




 

"Fine" Chaeyoung huffed, "but what do you think of her?"




 

"Chaeyoung…"






 

"Do you think she has a crush on y--ouch!" Chaeyoung whined when a piece pf fries landed on her face. "I'm just asking, why do you look so defensive--yah!" And a crumpled wrapper was thrown on her face.





 

"I'm just a wingman or wing woman or whatever is that" Dahyun grumbled and looked down at her food.



 

Andnd maybe she regretted being that...



 

------------------




 

Laughs reverberated throughout the room, everyone engaging in their own conversations, and Sana looked around the area. She and her family's in an event held by the mayor of the town. She did met few of the people that's same age as hers, meeting some of her parent's friends and the mayor itself.




 

She sighed when she failed to find someone. She thought that they would be here as almost of the residents were here.







 

Maybe I expected too much.





 

She decided to take a walk, the place where the event was held in the beach, and so she removed her white heels, matching her white dress that sways with the cold breeze. She should've brought a jacket to cover herself.






 

The beach was quiet. She could count the people walking around here. And when she the other side, 






 

Sana catches a glimpse of Dahyun, sitting on the sand as she was facing the sea. She was barefooted, same as Sana. And she looks like she's in deep thought. Why didn't I see her awhile ago?






 

She decided to approach the latter, silently taking steps as she decided to surprise her. She then put her her hands om Dahyun's shoulders, “Dahyun!” She greets making the other yelp in surprise. 





 

“Holy shi---you scared me" Dahyun puts a hand over her heart, and Sana laughed, satisfied on Dahyun's reaction.






 

"Didn't see you around" Sana stated and sat beside Dahyun, "Nor your brother"







 

Dahyun chuckled lightly, "I just came and I decided to stay here as I don't wanna interact with anyone. Kinda not feeling it especially when Taehyung oppa is not around"






 

"Was he busy?" She asked.





 

"He's just hanging around w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter