A - Affair

KyuSung Alphabet Stories ☀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Preordained Affair ~

KyuSung | PG-13 rating | AU, Fluff-ish | 1294 words

‘How could you!’ Kyuhyun had screamed loudly at his husband, as soon as the latter walked into the front door after a hard day’s work. Tears threatening to spill over in the corners of his eyes as he furiously flung around a boxershorts he was clenching in his fist that he was pretty sure wasn’t from either one of them.

‘I don’t- I didn’t-‘ His soon-to-be ex-husband had started, after composedly closing the front door behind him, as if there was any way to explain what he had done and why. But Kyuhyun didn’t want to stay around long enough to hear it. The utter shock and disbelieve in his husband’s eyes, and even more disturbingly the lack of regret, had explained quite enough – he was clearly having an affair after only 6 months of marriage and he was loving every darn second of it.

Kyuhyun had resolutely stuck up his hand to silence his other half’s poor reasoning attempt, made way towards their old shared bedroom, and hastily grabbed his suitcase that he had packed earlier that day with nothing but essentials and some cash before leaving. He had mildly considered trashing the place before leaving, just to get rid of some of the anger that had built inside of him, but he had refrained from doing so. Clearly, he was the only remaining adult in this relationship and he opted to let it stay that way. As his best friend Donghae used to say, ‘Better to stay up there than to lower yourself to their level.’ 

Well, he didn’t exactly use those exact words, and he also never got cheated on, but Kyuhyun always loved Donghae’s random pieces of advice and felt like just thinking like he had given that advice made him deal with the situation just a tad bit better.

And this is how Kyuhyun ended up walking in some dark alley at night, rain soaking him and his not so water-resistant suitcase, while tears fell unseen down his already drenched cheeks. It’s not like he still loved his husband, as the past 6 months had been the biggest mistake of his life, but being cheated on had been quite a punch in his gut. It hurt. And it was a good enough reason to cry about.

Maybe it wasn’t the pain or hurt that made him cry, but merely the disappointment in himself that he hadn’t realized what a jackass his husband was before getting married. Whatever the reason, he was sure it was a good enough excuse to walk through the rain wailing.

As there was no sign of the rain stopping any time soon, and he was pretty sure he also heard some thunder closing in on him, he quickly hid at a small bus station he happened to run into and sat down defeatedly. He sighed after a minute or two as he wiped his final fallen tear, and promised to himself he would not cry over that sorry excuse of a husband ever again. He wasn’t worth it.

“Are you oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter