Chapter 01

Peach Tree.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shuhua stop chasing the dogs-Yuqi! What's that in your mouth?"

 

"a rock!"

 

"Spit it out!- Shuhua! get away from the lake."

 

Minnie watched from the the picnic table as the brown haired girl struggled to keep the two kids in one place at the same time; She never talked to her but knew her name was Miyeon by the times she heard the little girl, Shuhua, yell 'You're not my mom, Miyeon-Unnie' everytime she was lectured about something; Watching the whole thing could be quiet entertaining when the kids weren't trying to get themselves killed; Like when Yuqi tried to fight one of the geese last week and Minnie watched, from afar, as the girl ran around the park with two toddlers on her arms as she tried to escape from the evil bird.

 

She looks to her side, Soyeon and Soojin were quite literally little angels; They obeyed most of the time, they didn't throw any tantrums plus it was pretty easy to get them entertained, all she needed to do is give them some crayon and a sheet of paper and they're pretty happy with it; So she could take them to the park, let them play while enjoying her iced tea in peace as she reads her favorite magazine and watch Miyeon struggle with the kids she had to put on those baby leashes so they couldn't run to their deaths. 

 

"What are you drawing, Soojin?" She asked, with a gentle smile as she turned her attention to the little girl.

 

"Butterfly." 

 

A girl of few words, Soojin didn't talk much; She was a shy kid, even after Minnie had been her babysitter for a few months, she would rather stay on her own and do her thing. 

 

"I'm drawing a castle!" Soyeon was just as quiet, but definitely more excited around people. She was comfortable with it so she was always up to talking. 

 

"Woah, good job you two-"

 

"SHUHUA!" She jumps at the voice and looks at Miyeon again who had pulled the baby leash just in time to keep the little girl from diving into the lake. "Sweetie you can't swim!" She said as she pulled the pouting girl back while Yuqi was wiggling to get away from Miyeon's hold who was now carrying her under her arm like a sack of potatoes. 

 

'ah, yes. Every woman has motherly instincts' Minnie thought, with an amused smirk as she watched Miyeon shake Yuqi under her arm to keep her quiet as she pulled Shuhua away from the lake and like she was a cat stuck in a leash, Shuhua threw herself on the grass as dramatically as a 5 year old could while being dragged away. 

 

Literally dragged away.

 

Minnie quickly shifted her attention back to the megazine she was supposed to be reading once she noticed the girl coming towards one of the picnic tables around them; Hopefully she wasn't caught enjoying the whole show that was Miyeon trying to control the two toddlers from hell, now she feels bad for complaining about the one time Soojin didn’t wanted to change her cherry themed dress after it got dirty with ice cream; there was definitely worse children out there.

 

She glanced from the top of her magazine as she put the two kids down, making them sit by the table; Most of the time when Minnie looked at Miyeon, she was used to seeing her with a worried look on her face, or panicking, usually because of the two hurricanes she had to babysit but right now as she managed to calm both down by giving them a carton of watermelon juice and milk, the girl couldn't help but admire her soft and gentle smile as she caressed the kids' hair; Despite the amount of stress that those two caused her, Minnie could tell that she really adored them by the way her eyes were shining. 

 

She decided Miyeon looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter