Chapter 1 - A Promise Not to Fall Inlove

Words

Disclaimer: This story is purely work of fiction. Any resemblance of place and scenes are just pure product of my unending imagination. 

A/N: Hello! Before you start reading, I just want to say that I'm only writing this as a hobby, sorry for grammar mistakes because english is not my first language and for typos because, yeah, I love typos (kidding). Hope you'll enjoy reading! 
-------------------------------------------------------------

"You're late" the phrase that greets Soojin as soon as she opens the glass door of the café she's working at. She looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw a woman, in her mid 20's, trying so hard to look stern and strict. 

 

"I am not, it's only 5:00 am and my shift starts at 6, I'm basically one hour early Miyeonie, and please enough of you trying to be strict, it's cringey" Soojin said while walking towards the older's place earning laughter from the latter. 

 

"Yah! I'm trying here to be a good boss so please stop bursting my bubble Soojinah, sometimes can you just ride my trips? and help me in perfecting my acting" Miyeon, Soojin's boss and bestfriend said while giving the younger a slight tap on her shoulders. 

 

"Yeah yeah whatever oldie" The younger joked making Miyeon to look at her with a hurt expression. 

 

"Yah! Seo Soojin! I'm not that old for you to call me oldie! I'm hurt" She said while clutching her chest acting as if she's been stab in her heart.  Soojin just look at her with a 'im-so-done-with-you' look earning a pout from the older. 

 

"I honestly can't wait for the time you'll act like a grown up woman" The younger said before making her way to the staff's room located at the back of the kitchen.

 

Miyeon only laugh at what the younger said and just continue what she's doing before Soojin arrived. 

 

--------------------------------------------
"So what will you do now Shu?" Yuqi, Shuhua's friend ask her while they are walking towards the newly opened café near their office. 

 

"What do you mean by that?" The younger asked, confuse as to what Yuqi asked her about.

 

"About Minnie unnie" Her friend continue. 

 

Shuhua stay silent for a moment as they arrived at the door of the café. They look for a vacant table, Yuqi also stayed silent waiting for the younger to answer her question. 

 

"I'll still continue my plan on asking her tonight" The younger said after they found a vacant table and settled their selves. 

 

"Are you sure?" Yuqi added, curious and concerned.

 

"Yup" The younger answered with a nod, determination and adoration can be seen from her eyes. Yuqi can only sigh, she can't do anything about her bestfriend's decision. Whatever Shuhua have decided to do, she'll pursue it until the end, even if it'll ends well or not. 

 

"What if she declines?" She asked, again, wanting to know how far Shuhua will go for her long time love.

 

"Then I'll ask her again, and again until she say yes" The younger utter with a smile. Yuqi just sigh, she'll just support her bestfriend. That's the only thing she can do for her.

 

------------------------------------------------
It's already 8pm and Soojin is walking home from the café, she was supposed to leave by 6pm but something came up that's why she's only going home now. It was a cold yet warm night, just perfect for a night walk. 

 

Soojin took out her phone from her pocket, wanting to capture the sea of stars she's witnessing that moment. She coincidentally stopped in front of the park and without second thoughts she enters. 

 

The park is quiet, seems like no one's there at that moment. Soojin, instead of getting scared, loves the idea of her being alone at that place. She continue her walk towards the playground located at the center of the park. 

 

She's just few meters away from her target location when she heard someone's speaking. She didn't know what has gotten into her that she slowly approach the place where the voices came from. She hid herself behind the bushes and watch the scene infront of her. 

 

There are two women at that place, one with a bouquet of red roses in hand and the other with a confused look. The place looks like someone's going to propose. 

 

"What is the meaning of this Shu?" The one with the confused look asked the other. Shu, as the other girl said, took a deep breath before giving the flowers to the girl infront of her. The latter didn't know if she'll accept it or not. 

 

"Just accept it Minnie" Shu said as she saw the hesitation on the girl's face.

 

Minnie hesitantly get the flowers from Shu's hand, earning a sligut smile from the latter. 

 

"Minnie unnie, I know it's so sudden for you but I just want to tell you... " Shu started, gathering all the courage inside her "...that I love you" she continue. 

 

"I've been inlove with you ever since the first day I saw you, I know you must be startled and I'm risking our friendship with what I'm doing right now but unnie I want to tell you what I'm feeling before it's too late, I love you Minnie and I want to ask for your. permission to let me court you" The woman said, looking directly at the other's eyes. 

 

Soojin can't believe that she's currently witnessing a proposal of love. 'What mess have I gotten myself into?' she thought.

 

"But..." Minnie started, earning a nervous look from Shu. 

 

"But what unnie?" Shu asked. 

 

"I'm sorry Shu, but I don't feel the same way for you and..." Minnie utter, looking at the younger with an apologetic look "... I already love someone else" She continue. 

 

Soojin can see how that Shu smile with tears on her eyes.

 

"Okay" the only thing the girl can say

 

"I'm sorry" Minnie said, meaning every word she's saying. 

 

Soojin forced herself to leave the place, it's not good if she'll continue watching the scene. She successfully got out of the park without getting the attention of the two. 

 

"Love really is complicated" she uttered as she continue her walk home. 

 

'That's why I decided to never fall in love' 

 

-------------------------------------------
Thoughts about the first part? Comments are HIGHLY APPRECIATED :) Stay Safe and STREAM HWAA :)