she was mine so it feels like a sad song

Plain white tees but then I suddenly la la lost you

Tap. 

Nayeon didn’t mind it at all. 

Tap tap. 

Nayeon decides not to lose her cool and just ignore that person.

Tap tap and a poke. 

“Okay chaeyoung, what do you want?” She turns around to face the one who keeps bugging her, though it’s not chaeyoung but a certain inu-like japanese reveals she’s the idiot who tested her patience. 

“Nice guess nayeonnie but you know I’m good that tzuyu is the only one I want to pester.” chaeyoung butted in while stealing a kiss from her girlfriend. The other two make a disgusted face.

“You know that we already passed my soon-to-be girlfriend right?” Sana reminded her with a facade of innocent and calm expression while a threatening aura lingering around her. It terrifies Nayeon so despite getting a ticket, she quickly made a turn back to the home of sana’s soon-to-be- girlfriend.

“You’re good at being late anyway, also it’s jihyo. She’s used to it, you're late as always.”

“That’s why I chose you to drive! To prove her wrong!” she shouted at nayeon and uncontrollable stomping at the time, she might be anxious.

“Either way, you already got a good impression. A shame that you didn’t end up with Jeongyeon though.” 

“Either way, you didn’t end up with Mina. A shame you really look good together.” sana retaliates which nayeon glares at her but puts her sight again in the road.

“It's a bad idea to do it, it’s dangerous to take my eyes off in the road.” Nayeon thought and we all saw her that it’s a lie. Instead it’s a cliche of reminding you of someone that turns into bittersour memory!

“Both of you, stop it will you? Just bury it or pretend it didn’t happen. We get that both of you have a complicated history but try not to be dramatic because we’ll meet them in....” Chaeyoung stopped for dramatic effect that also helps Nayeon to stop the car as well. “10 simple steps.” 

“You know that it doubled up when you were the one stepping in.”

“I know, you’re the one who’ll make ten for the both---”

“Ten it is.” Both players who are in the front seat averred, successfully interrupted the incoming mushy interaction of the heated lovers in the passenger seat. 

The two stepped off but running in different directions.

“Jihyo! Baby, I'm here nooow~!” sana exclaimed after seeing Jihyo opened the door while nayeon opened up the trunk of sana’s van for her to bring the items Jihyo needed.

“Go ahead you two, I can handle this.” Nayeon motioned them to go inside first, she doesn’t actually want to enter just to see her ex with someone new. The two just nodded even though they wanted to help the eldest korean. 

“Working out those big guns, Yeon?” 

“Yes, starting now to be my hobby, what about you kyung-wan? Baking is a new workout?” Nayeon joked around her ex’s best friend. The two keep bickering and making fun to each other as if Mina doesn’t exist there. Well Nayeon tells that to herself a million times 7 hours earlier, to think that Mina is just invisible but how? When she keeps flirting with her fling and since that girl is used to be on a band, making people in the room swoons is easy task for her and a pain in the for Nayeon because it’s hard,

A huge flood is coming to her, a girl who plays a guitar along with its voice that could trap anyone in a trance on this fine Saturday afternoon who keep doing side glances to her yet serenading Jihyo’s younger sister, it’s her birthday after all and requested that all of them should come so it left nayeon nothing but accept it since it’s her best friend’s sister.

She just filled up her red plastic cup, trying to make a miracle by drinking a lot of juices if there’s any chance she’ll get drunk and just go back straight home. 

“Enjoying your saturday?” Mina initiates conversation right when she hears Nayeon humming a song. Thinking that she can talk to her because she’s in a good mood but they just are hoping for impossible things. 

To be drunk in just simple juice and to be simply forgiven after making a grave mistake.

Nayeon is about to answer but again, Mina did not wait for it because its rebound calling her ex.

“No, because you sang a song that you just keep singing when you're only lovesick and too happy like a er for romance.” Nayeon said where she’s the only one who can hear it. What? Ya expect that mina can hear it? No!

She excused herself with everyone she bumped that she’ll go outside, leaving a lame reason why she don’t want to stay there, it would ruin the mood when she said because it is suffocating. and how much she want to strangle sana, that girl swears she won’t move on to Jeongyeon too if she is not letting go of Mina. The Gods must be laughing now how sana tricked her, what a player! She already made a move to jihyo and was not affected that Jeongyeon is surely hopelessly in love with it’s new one, i mean who’ll thought a serious ostrich would be such a flirt.

When she is already outside, she checks the trunk of the van to take the ukulele and play it. A good shade and the noises of cicadas made it a good time for her to pluck the strings. The afternoon is warm but why Mina feels it’s too cold when Nayeon walked out in the room so she decided to follow it, never thinking that it would be warmer how the melodies came out.

So I hopped on a train three in the afternoon

I don't know when I'm coming back,

Mina also sat in the tree house but behind it where nayeon won’t see it, she knew that nayeon is clueless she’s there.

But I hope that it's soon

See, I never thought (never thought)

That I'd have to leave your side (your side)

Nayeon keep singing while motioning a little dance, the notes and words are too jolly and makes the two of them cozy, unknowingly, that mina also doing the second voice. Good thing she got control and softness of her voice, it went unnoticed. Or does it? 

It's only physically

But you know that you will be on my mind

Twenty-four hours at a time

Cause in my eyes, you were mine (you were mine)

If Mina can only see how lovestruck nayeon is while singing out those words, she won’t be making a downfall for their relationship because the lines are absolutely true, but yeah, the chapter in their story that they can’t skip or ripped out that easily. 


No matter where you go, I won't be very far

Cause in my head I'll be right there where you are

Nayeon slightly laughed after those words slipped out in , how much Mina turned their tables. She isn’t a loose woman but her heart suddenly turns fragile and defenseless when it’s all about mina. 


Cause love has no distance baby
Love, love has no distance baby
No, not when it comes to you and me

Irony! Nayeon mentally shouts to herself which Mina think of it as well, it supposed to be happy and upbeat music but why it feels so heavy hearing it from her. They both love each other, that’s the truth they proudly admit but it also the root why they become distance. 

“Mina, I know you are there.” 

“Is it okay?” 

“Yeah, as long as you don’t show yourself to me.”

“I thought you were dying to see me when you flew back in korea.”

“Indeed, I died when I saw you.”

Their heads rest in the trunk of the tree house instead of the shoulders or lap of either one of them. 

“It’s a mistake.”

Nayeon continued to strum where she left off and started to emphasize some lines.

Promise it won't be too long

Wanna make up for all our lost time

So I wrote back with this song,

“You know and sense that I truly regret every minute, no, every second that I did a stupid move, I know she’s my ex and she come to me in a state of vulnerability. I missed you so much Nayeon but damn, why it has to be half a  decade for you to come home.” Mina confessed to Nayeon.

“I wanted to run into you Mina, but damn, is it hard for you to wait? Is waiting really not your thing?” 

None of them speaks. The cicadas and the tone of Mina’s gift to Nayeon is slowly making a band but Mina got a jealous so she begins to sing again, for Nayeon this time. Or does she actually sing songs dedicated only to nayeon? 

It's been three years, she hasn't written back

But in my eyes, she's still mine

And I know it sounds so stupid to be waiting this long

“You didn’t wait that long and it’s only three months, not years.” 

“Felt like years or even ages when it happened. “

“Too bad, it won’t feel like that if you didn’t----” 

And that’s it, Mina shows herself to nayeon just to lean in closer. If Nayeon keeps shoving those facts then it is only fair if she also shoves the source where they are saying those words. The younger woman was low-key surprised that Nayeon didn’t pull her to deepen their kiss and she hated to admit that she messed up big time.

But i'm still in love, and I know i'm not wrong

Cause in my eyes, she was mine

“I’ve never been ‘was’ yours.” 

They whispered sweet nothings and Mina tried to steal another kiss to the korean but nayeon put her index finger in Mina’s lips. It fired up Mina’s urge, a simple move yet so seductively salacious.

“You have a girlfriend right?”

“It’s Jeong's girlfriend, why do I have to write letters and kiss you now if she’s mine?” Nayeon let out a sigh, it is such a relief that ostrich has a girlfriend and her ex and still girlfriend of hers was being true to her words about the letters Mina wrote to her. 

“I don’t know, I’m irresistible?” 

“Undeniable, my kryptonite.”

“It would be incredibly sweet if you just said “I love you 3000”  “ 

“Well I’ll say that when we watched the movie, it is so lonely that I keep rewatching it without you where I can just cuddle you or take a picture of you and your ugly sobs.” Nayeon playfully hit her in the arm 

“You’re such a child, Mina.”

“Okay, since i’m a child, can I borrow your ukulele?” 

“No, get your up and bring the guitar here if you want to play.” Nayeon stuck her tongue out. “And maybe offer a last song to the girls before you go.” Nayeon adds and Mina can’t help but to smile about the jealousy of her twin flame.

Mina gives nayeon a smooch “first, that song is meant to you, I just don’t want to be so obvious that I’m too excited you are not avoiding the eye contact and the fact that you smiled at me for the first time in a while.” 

“You wanna cuddle or what?” Nayeon laughed at Mina’s clinginess, that girl does still want her squishy baby and she has no plan to get tired of it, ever again. 

“I don’t know nay, I missed you so much even though we often see each other but can’t be so close to you and I had to restrain myself not to invade your personal space.”

“Which you already did violated.”

“Because this stupidity is a bliss! loving you is my sweetest addiction that I just can’t get enough of it! It’s really hard when everything is only about you and anything that is mine only keeps coming back to you.” Mina is beyond in her limit, she’s a total---

“I’m so lovesick and a total er for romance, nayeon. so please, please let me play that ukulele of yours.” ooh, so she heard that huh. What a romantic fiction it is!

“Tempting but no, you owe an apology to Jeong’s girlfriend for flirting with her.” 

“I did not, it’s my charisma that anyone would think I’m flirting.” Nayeon rolls her eyes because she can’t blame Mina for spending a lot of time with her before. 

“Fine, maybe a little, just to get your attention and jeong’s girl is kinda jealous too how you are close with yoostrich.” Nayeon has a weird sense of humor to laugh at that nickname. 

“Don’t go anywhere else, alright? You will completely lose my mind when you leave again.” Mina said before running away, Nayeon sigh out in relief when she knows Mina doesn’t the carving in her instrument. 

Nayeon feel her phone vibrated, her friends send a picture of Mina who is excitedly ask where her guitar is and even momo, recorded it that Mina have that stupid grin in her face. Nayeon just brushed it off and replied ‘let her be.’

And she swears that she wished that she could also apply what she just typed when Mina came back without noticing her this time. She absolutely heard her earlier how her penguin waddles to hide and listen to her song. 

I've been awake for a while now

You've got me feeling like a child now

'Cause every time I see your bubbly face

I get the tinglies in a silly place

Our bunny can’t control her happiness when her stunning musician just sings for her, again.

It starts in my toes

Makes me crinkle my nose

Wherever it goes

Aww, what a couple who is still foolishly in love after storms happened to them, something that Mina really feels when she’s around with nayeon and nayeon’s favorite when she is listening from her cheesy playlist.

I always know

You make me smile

Please stay for a while now

Just take your time

Wherever you go

There are things that haven’t changed, Mina making her way in nayeon’s arms, nayeon never getting tired of Mina’s affection and her friends would still absolutely tease them after this rotting fluffiness, their own euphoria. 

After the song, the party, everything went well as fiction in the romance genre should be. Sana approached Nayeon that if she wants to go with Mina, it’s alright because she has her own plans with Jihyo. 

“Are you sure? What about chaetzu? Do you think they are okay going back home without us?” 

“I’m pretty sure, chaeyoung secretly bought a car which is her present for tzuyu.” Sana stated which nayeon’s brain was trying to process why the two joined them in sana’s mom's fancy minivan. 

“Dahyun drove it here earlier and chaeyoung being casanova, she wanted it to show it right in the exact time when tzuyu brought up she wanted a car.” 

“Does chae knows how to make it move?” Nayeon jokes, 

“Mitang teaches her how, when you’re not around.” Nayeon wanted to run to Mina, not because she is proud of her but because someone she’s talking with is dying to kiss Jihyo but she won’t because she doesn’t want to make her friend awkward. 

“Last question, will you be two alone, in your mom’s….” 

“Yeah, hyun and mo are just going to walk in a church, and buy some food as usual since they are the least wild couple in the group.” Sana hugs her already girlfriend when she finally walks to them. “If you are thinking about jeongie, they already made an escape.” Sana finishes explaining, obviously wanting to be alone now to her girl. The unicorn in their never ending rainbow of gayness.

“Don’t be a gay mess too much, nabongs.” Jihyo nudged nayeon’s side.

“I could say the same thing to you but I’m gonna leave you two it.” Nayeon laughs as she bids them goodbye and watches them leave. Maybe because she is the oldest prettiest  in the group so it includes in her role she needs that kind of reassurance of safety for her friends.

There’s only thing left for her to do is to be honest with Mina if she wants to be with her again, cheesy? Definitely but what can she do? She’s nothing but high, the dopamine or serotonin (do I look like I’m good at science? no!)  always acting up when she’s with her girl, her minari.

A tap 

A finger delicately tapped nayeon’s back and she didn't hesitate to face mina.

A hug 

They just hug there, they can do it in Mina’s car but sometimes they don’t have to wait, the right moment or the right place might not actually exist if you are with the right person, by any means for these two.  

“Can you handle me now? You should worry that my case is only being worsened over time.” 

“And what could it be, miss myoui?” Nayeon attempt to get in Mina’s car but it’s dramatic partner opened the door for her 

“Such a gentleman are you?” Nayeon’s never getting tired of smiling now, making up the times she felt her tears won’t stop.

“Of course, for m’lady.” Mina kisses nayeon’s hand and please, it’s really being too sweet yet full of cheesiness. “And the answer to your question is, I'm addicted to the medications you give me!” Nayeon cackles how nonsensical Mina is but plays along with it. 

“It’s your hugs, kisses and affections. I must take them regularly.” Nayeon pretends to be astounded while Mina's favorite song plays on the radio.

“It happens that I need to take my prescriptions seriously again, huh, but not right now so keep your eyes on the road.” Nayeon giddily requested as she bobbed her head 

I look at her and have to smile 
As we go driving for a while

The japanese  sing along and of course nayeon likes it, letting mina do her own way to be romantic is one of the best thing she’ll never get used to it, how it feels like it’s always the first time, the excitement rushes through her body, the chills of how mina aroused her by those unambiguous yet not so innocent touches. 

And I've got all that I need 

Right here in the passenger seat 

Oh, and I can't keep my eyes on the road 

Knowing that she's inches from me

The car stops as they reach the chorus, we all know that they can do it even in a car, after playing a cat and mouse for a month or two or three, proving something they didn’t think they can surpass. 

“Wait, is my ukulele in there?” 

“Seriously, nayeon?”  Mina doesn’t intend to raise her voice to her bun-bun but she still obliged to stop.

“It’s just I almost lost it, and it makes me feel that it could be a sign I lost you and not going to get back to you.”

“You won't lose me, okay? Never.” Mina tried to kiss nayeon again but nayeon kept making excuses and right there, mina realized it. Nayeon is not afraid to lose her, she’s in fear of letting Mina come back in her life.

“I’m sorry mina.” Nayeon feels the younger girl hit the real fear she’s afraid to say it out loud. What’s happening? This is supposed to be fluff! 

“I noticed how you squirm under my touch, nay. I was a player, and the way you caught me making out with my ex scarred you then I should….” so this is what realization mina shrugged it off earlier. Nayeon is nervous even though she knows what Mina would answer. Giving her another space, some time to cool off and face her fears that it won’t terrify nayeon again, bringing her nightmares. Oh no it’s being angst! 

“I should go home alone tonight, I’m glad that we already talked it out.” nayeon just broke it out while the other just slowly nodded. 

Nayeon stepped out and where she saw Mina perfectly sit still. She bowed before she walk away, leaving our pengu. 

“Now you aren’t willing to wait for my answer?”

“No! And are you in the wrong direction. Your place isn't here right?”

“Who said that?”

“Your home address?”

“Exactly I’m walking home with you.”

“Are you really good at making bad choices?” Nayeon was confused about why Mina was walking with her and just left her car. 

“Hey! Don’t badmouth yourself. I’m getting mad at you.” Mina said while skipping her way, not minding the instruments around her body. 

“Mina, you just left your car and going to the wrong home.” Mina hasn't replied back to nayeon's dull facts but it seems pointless now.

“Here. Drink something, you seem thirsty in the afternoon.”Mina whistled after dropping an inside joke. 

“I wanted to be intoxicated and just wanted to go back home.” 

“Well you don’t have to.” Nayeon look at her with questions in her eyes “walk alone anymore.”

“Don’t you just understand what I’m trying to say earlier? Being with you is a fear, not love.” Nayeon confronted mina, even how much it hurts for the both of them mina ped to reveal her guitar and let it rest in her body, while her gift to Nayeon is still intact into her back.

It's hard enough to find the words to say

 It's hard to find a way to be okay

The tunes were too gloomy and mellow, how it wanted to reach out from nayeon, which successfully quiet and mina’s low voice, so cold and filled with guilt. The song continues and nayeon didn’t seem bothered by her companion singing while walking to her home, only a few meters left for her to mina leave her or stop what she’s planning. 

I think about your smile ear to ear 

I'll miss you more with every single year 

But you made us promise, no more tears 

Still what I wouldn't give to have you here

Nayeon had it too much, why is Mina doing this? She’s doing nothing but only to hurt her “Mina, stop.” Nayeon has something more to say if Mina doesn’t signal her to be quiet and let her sing for  a moment.
 
And I, I would give my voice If I could hear you one last time 

And I, I would give my all To feel you heart beat next to mine
 
And I, I would give my soul If I could ever change God's mind 

Oh and I, I would take your place So you could stay the rest in mine
 
There's nothing I wouldn't give for time 

A slap.

Mina accepted that, she isn’t the best girlfriend or even loyal but those lines are also true, she meant it that even it hurts Nayeon.

“Just stop doing all of this, Mina.” why aaaangst but Nayeon really pushing mina far away, she don’t like this at all, the kiss in Jihyo’s house is an exception and the events after that too, but being alone with Mina is an endless of needles pricking into her body. For one, she can’t understand herself, she wanted to be with the japanese, but something telling hr to back off.

“Nayeon, just so you know, i’m not a quitter. You know why? Because the fact of….” seems mina have a lot of bullet to shoot Nayeon. The guitar suddenly changes melodies, into something rock and upbeat while the guitarist aggressively pressing those strings, hoho another inside joke~

Don't sell your heart 

Don't say we're not meant to be

Run, baby, run 

Forever we'll be 

You and me 

Nayeon giving mina a what-the- look while containing her laughter with a sight of mina’s ridiculous way of singing.

Check yes Juliet 

I'll be waiting

Wishing, wanting

Yours for the taking

Just sneak out

And don't tell a soul goodbye


Mina was busy panting on how she sings the song while walking, it’s been while she did this after nayeon saw her that night, she lost her voice and motivation to sing again, only the fact that nayeon isn’t there for her anymore is enough reason to take a break from doing the thing she’s passionate the most.


“You know you can stop singing now, it’s not our thing anymore---” Lies, nayeon, lies! That’s a total lie! You literally jammed 15 hours ago!! And taking late night walks is something only couples do!

“Can’t stop me, because listen to this song.”  They both took a deep breath before starting to listen this

You and I

We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky

With you, I'm alive

Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight

'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes


Mina’s keep singing despite knowing they are so close in Nayeon’s home and Nayeon can’t even look at the singer, how mina confuses her feelings and slowly killing its doubts and fears just to have her. 


Without you, I feel broke

Like I'm half of a whole

Without you, I've got no hand to hold

Without you, I feel torn

Like a sail in a storm

Without you, I'm just a sad song

I'm just a sad song

“Mina,it’s good to hear your voice but this is the end, there’s nothing you can do.” really is this the end? Nooo, it should be fluff! 

“No, no just wait, I have----” Mina kept rambling but she can’t play, her nervousness didn’t let her continue by just playing with notes waiting for her. 

Mina is at the peak of breaking down but Nayeon hugged her. In the back of course after getting her ukulele. 

“I get what you want to say, alright? We are going to take it little by little until the fear and doubt completely disappears.”  she just keeps holding on to Mina, and Mina could say the same if she’s not busy crying and wiping her tears it how? When Nayeon finishes the song she wrote for her in the time she didn't want Nayeon to go to a foreign land, or where the city of angels. 

You're the perfect melody

The only harmony I wanna hear

You're my favorite part of me

With you standing next to me

I've got nothing to fear

And it takes them to realized how beautiful mess they got, It wasn’t perfect, it wasn’t something fictional where ships are not having angst and sum sht  they can just get their happy endings that easy, It’s a long way for them to learn what love is, for love has take in many forms and formulas that they can’t quite understand how to solve their problems, i think it’s right to say, all x in math is pretty useful now, how complex and complicated that can applied to their relationship.