Chapter 1

Summer Love (여름 사랑)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I hope you meet a woman who can change your decision. A woman who will teach you to open your heart so that you can love again."

 

"Good evening, Taeng" greeted by the head household Kahi when the young man arrived at his house in Jamsil Park on Friday night.

Good evening Kahi. Are the kids already sleeping? He asked referring to the ten-year-old twins Karina and Winter.

Looks like not yet. I just met their babysitter / nanny Irene . She is looking for the twins.. Shall I serve dinner for you? Don't bother, I already ate outside answered by Taeng.

The children become stubborn because you do not give them enough time, angry comment by the head of household. She has been with them for a long time so they do not treat each other differently. Your mom is waiting for you at the library.

 

Okay, thank you!

When he arrived at the library that also serves as his home office, he caught his mother walking back and forth in front of the big desk. The old woman was obviously anxious. 

Mom, good evening. Do you want to talk to me? he started.

When Doña/Señora Boa heard Taeng's voice, she stopped walking and faced his son. Son, are the rumors about Seolhyun Kim and you were true? That Seolhyun will spend the whole summer vacation with you and the twins to give them time to get to know each other? And that at the end of summer, you plan to make your engagement public? Her mother questioned him nonstop.

He walked over to the bar and poured cognac into the glass. He drank a little before answering. "Yes to all your questions, Mom. Why, is there a problem?

Son, I think you're making a big mistake. I don't believe you love her, and I don't think she loves you, either "its a disturbing statement.

Mom, what makes you think that love is the reason I'm marrying Seolhyun? he said sarcastically.

What else is the reason for two people to get married? Isn't it because of love? That was your reason when you married Tiffany ten years ago.

Mom, it's been a long time. I was only twenty-two then. I consider myself lucky to have found such love, he answered. To fall in love for the second time is just asking too much. Also, I feel like I don't want to fall in love again. Maybe you still remember that much of a wreck I'd been when Tiffany died four years ago. If it weren't for Karina and Winter, I might have shunned all my responsibilities. I do not want to experience that kind of suffering again. I hope you understand.

Doña / Señora Boa approached him and hugged him tightly. But Son, why do you need to get married again? We are getting along fine just as we are.

He held the mother in both arms. Mom, you are blinded if you think our life is goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter