Ready Player 9

Ready Player 9

“Aiya! Xueer Jiějiě, you are supposed to duck.”

Xueer is hastily pulled down; to a crouching position next to Keyin. She feels her gun buzz as she gets shot, only to see she has two hearts left. 

“Jiějiě, the point of this game is not to get shot.” 

Xueer pouted at Keyin, which only resulted in Keyin laughing and giving her a push towards the nearest possible cover. Xueer did her best to scramble behind another obstacle, only to be meet with comrade Yu Yan. 

“Sorry, Princess Jiějiě. The winner gets to pick dinner tonight.” 

Xueer swears she sees a flash of humanity in Yu Yan’s eyes before a buzzing from her gun tells her that she is down to one heart. Xueer sees Yu Yan shoot her a sympathetic box smile before darting off to another hiding spot. 

After waiting for the coast to clear, Xueer nervously pokes her head out and swiftly dashes for another cover. 

“XU JIAQI YOU, ARE SO DEAD WHEN I FIND YOU!” 

Xueer momentarily winces at the loud voice coming from such a short human. Wishing to avoid Anqi and her competitive personality at all costs in this round, Xueer does her best to take cover under a makeshift building. 

Readjusting her grip on her gun, Xueer lets out a shaky breath before aiming her gun inside the building before fully stepping inside. 

“Xue Xue, you are not as sneaky as you think.” 

Jiaqi quickly pulls Xueer into a brief hug effectively, muffling the scream Xueer lets out before she blows both of their covers. 

“A word of advice Xue Xue. If you don’t go out and look for the other team, you’ll never tag any of them.” 

“I highly doubt I can find any of them.” “

Then look for your crush. She is basically the height of a refrigerator.” 

Xueer blushes at the mention of Keran and gives Jiaqi a final squeeze before running off and attempting to follow her advice. She miraculously makes it to the fake alleyway without getting shot. 

“You can’t get me!”

“Wanna bet?” 

Xueer whips around and is greeted by a giant human with dimples looming over her. 

“Umm… no?”

Xueer mentally curses at how bad she is at laser tag as Keran advances towards Xueer has no choice but to back up. Eyes widening in pain when Xueer realized that she has been pushed back into a corner and has no way out. Thinking quickly, Xueer hides the gun behind her back, blocking Keran from shooting the sensor. 

Xueer was expecting Keran would shoot her eventually, but she definitely, did not expect Keran to duck her head and gently leave a kiss on her cheek.

“Wha-” 

Catching Xueer off guard Keran seizes her chance to shoot Xueer’s sensor and backs up to sends her a wink. 

“Got ya!” 

With a smug smile, Keran runs off to shot Xueer’s other team members. Leaving a very red Xueer in a daze, the faint buzzing from her gun gets her attention. The sensor now shows that she’s out of hearts. 

Further proof that Keran has always had Xueer’s heart and always will.