The Princess's Mission Impossible

The Princess's Mission Impossible

‘Honey, I gotta go to the office sooner than my plan, please make our baby’s meal today, I wrote down the steps and the ingredients, love you!'

Chanyeol read the notes again and saw the ingredients on the kitchen counter. But...

“Baek I don’t want to poison our baby...”

“broccoli, carrots, chicken , cut into small pieces,“ Chanyeol was carefully reading the notes his small hubby left earlier, he took the knife and started to cut the veggies, he checked on the clock, he still had time before their baby girl woke up

“the seasoning is pinch of salt and home made chicken stock.. hmm ah this small container,“ Chanyeol opened the container and found some frozen chicken stocks Baekhyun made. He read the notes again and made sure he didn’t missed any step. “stir fried the veggies with low heat,“

Chanyeol cut the veggies smaller, just to make sure that their baby wouldn’t have a hard time to eat them. He stir fried the veggies and followed the rest of the steps Baekhyun explained in the notes. He found Baekhyun’s huge note to be careful with the fire and and the rice.

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol very well, his husband was good at cooking except for the rice and the control of the fire, and unfortunately the key of this recipe is all about the rice and the fire because Chanyeol had to make the vegetable porridge for their baby.

Chanyeol saw the capitalized words ‘BE CAREFUL WITH THE RICE AND FIRE' on top of the recipe and giggled. He lowered the heat and started to make the porridge, but then his phone rang.

Hi baby, I’m sorry I couldn’t make the meal earlier, I made you toast,“ said Baekhyun on the line

“ah you made breakfast for me? thank you, anyway I’m making our baby’s meal now, please pray for me and our baby,“ Baekhyun chuckled, listening to his husband who usually was really confident in doing anything.

is she awake? did I distract you? I’ll hung up the phone then,“

“no no no, Baekhyun, please talk to me while i’m stirring this rice, your voice is soothing me to relax and make sure the rice will become porridge in minutes,“ Baekhyun laughed hearing his husband changed a lot once they had a baby.

Chanyeol used to be a confident man in everything, but now anything related to the their baby scared him a lot. Baekhyun was actually feeling the same, but again if Baekhyun couldn’t face the new challenges as a parent then who would help them to become a good parents for their baby girl.

relax boo, you’re doing great,“

“is it the time for the princess to wake up?“ Chanyeol asked the latter, hand was still busy stirring the rice

yes, in a few minutes i think,“ Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol’s nervous breath, it was actually exciting for Baekhyun to see another new side of Chanyeol after being a father of a baby girl.

if she’s awake, put in the veggies and the chicken then just set the fire to the lowest heat and you’re good boo,” said Baekhyun

“I think she’s awake,”

go get her, remember to set the fire to the lowest heat, I’ll go home soon once I’m finished,”

Baekhyun hung up the phone call and felt so proud to his younger husband. meanwhile at home, the baby girl was awake and greeted by her happy tall daddy.

”good morning princess, daddy just made you breakfast, let’s wake up and taste it,” Chanyeol took the baby with her blanket

“oooh someone is excited for her breakfast~” Chányœl giggled excitedly along with her daughter.

“here baby, let me know if it’s good like how papa made it,” Chanyeœl spoon fed her carefully the baby took the food and chew it quietly.

“how is it princess?” the baby slowly chewed her food

“princess?” Chanyœl called out his baby softly she finished chewing her food and took another bite. After a few more bites, Chanyœl again asked her about the food, feeling uneasy.

“how is it? do you want more?” and his baby responding by give a no no sign with her tiny hands.

“okayy, I admit daddy isn’t as good as papa when it’s about your meal, but once you grew up, you have to taste daddy’s kimchi pasta and spicy rice cake~! even your papa loves it~” Chanyœl tried to reassured himselfin front of his daughter but deep inside he was a little bit hurt.