-fin-

Whisper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino had been in the recording studio for almost 4 hours but he still couldn’t get satisfied with the result. He was here to record a new track, it wasn’t new actually, it was an old abandoned track he made a while ago but he recently decided to work on it seriously again. And there’s this one part of the bridge that kept bugging him even though the producer hyung said it was perfect. 

 

He was still in the middle of a discussion about that part when his phone rang. He took his phone out and saw his favorite contact in the whole world showed up on the screen.

 

“Hyung, wait a sec I need to take this,” he excused himself from the producer hyung before he took the call.

 

“Hello? Where are you?” asked the man on the other side of the line.

 

“I’m in the recording studio, you?” Mino replied.

 

“Oh, you didn’t tell me you’re going to record something today? Who are you working with? How is it going?”

 

“It was mostly okay but we’re stuck right now. I’m with Ukjin-hyung. Where are you? Are you still in the building too?” Mino asked again because the other person didn’t reply to his question on his whereabouts.

 

“Yeah I’m still in my studio but I’m about to go back. So...what time do you think you would finish?” 

 

“I dunno...still couldn’t figure out what to do with the part I’m not satisfied with. We're gonna try few more things so I think I'll be here until late,” Mino whined.

 

“Well too bad then...I was gonna ask you if we could go back together to your place...”

 

“I don’t think I could today, I'm sorry. You go back first, be careful on your way home,” Mino said, he sounds genuinely sad.

 

“It’s okay, good luck on the recording, I know you would make it work. I’ll stop by to say hi to Ukjin-hyung later before I go. See you, babe” he said before hanging up.

 

Mino sighed loudly, he wanted to go back together but this ‘just-30seconds-away-to-perfection’ part of his track is really bugging him, he won’t able to sleep with it occupying his head even if he decided to leave now and continue tomorrow.

 

“Who was it? Seungyoonie?” asked Kang Ukjin, the producer Mino is working with for this track.

 

“Yeah. He said he wanna go back to.......”

 

Huh. Wait. Mino rushed to the door and called Seungyoon again in a hurry once he was outside where he could have more privacy.

 

“Hello?” Seungyoon sounds surprised to get a call again so soon.

 

“You said my place? MY place?” Mino asked almost too loudly.

 

“What??” Seungyoon sounds confused for a second but then he giggled when he grasped the situation, “You know what, I was a bit hurt when you didn’t react to it earlier, but I guess your head was really occupied with work that you didn’t catch it, huh? I'm so proud of my hardworking boyfriend.” Seungyoon giggled.

 

“You’re going to my place??” Mino who didn’t think it was funny still spoke a bit too loud.

 

“Now? No, I’m not. Why would I go to your place when you’re not going? Who’s gonna let me in? Your mom? Are you finally going to let me take your place as her favorite son now?” He said while laughing.

 

“No I mean,” Mino gulped, “Were you asking me to go back to my place together earlier?” Mino has calmed down a bit after listening to his boyfriend’s pretty laugh.

 

“Yeah, but I’m going home now."

 

“I’m sorry, babe, I thought you just meant to go back in the same car and then leave for our own place separately like usual...”

 

“It’s okay, Mino,” Seungyoon reassured him.

 

“Have you called Heoseob yet?” Mino asked.

 

“No, not yet. I’m about to but then you called. Why?”

 

“Don’t call him yet. Give me 15 minutes. No, give me 10 minutes. I’ll finish this goddamn track in no time” Mino said before he hung up abruptly.

 

On two floors downstairs from where Mino was, Seungyoon just smirked on his phone. He might try to see if he could help with something if he wanted them to go back soon. And he really wanted to go back like, right now. To Mino’s place. It’s been a while since they touch each other except some innocent pecks here and there when they met at the office or when they went home together. Both of them had been really really busy lately. So he gathered his belongings and head upstairs to the recording studio.

 

-

 

“Hyung! How are you doing?” Seungyoon said while offering a hug as he arrived in the recording studio.

 

“Oh, Seungyoonie! Long time no see!” Kang Ukjin got up from his seat to welcome the hug, “I’m doing well! How are you?”

 

“I’m fine, Hyung. Been working on some demos, nothing serious yet. How are things going on around here?” He said as he sat in the empty chair beside Kang Ukjin behind the monitors.

 

“Mino is still not satisfied with this part, he’s trying some stuff right now,” said Kang Ukjin while lifting his chin towards Mino who is inside the soundproof recording chamber, mumbling phrases to the microphone, he's closing his eyes.

 

“Here, try listening to it, Seungyoon-ah. I thought it was perfect already but he said it lacks some feels."

 

Kang Ukjin pressed a button the let Mino hear their voice from outside the chamber, “Mino-ya! Seungyoonie is here! I’m going to give him a listen.”

 

Mino opened his eyes and was delighted to see his boyfriend smiling sweetly and waving at him from the glass window. Ukjin-hyung is playing the song right now, and he could see Seungyoon raising his eyebrows for a bit before a smile grew on his face. Ah, so pretty, Mino thought. Seungyoon knew this song, Mino showed it to him a while ago. So Seungyoon also already knew what this song was about.

 

When the first chorus has passed Ukjin-hyung asked Seungyoon, “You know this track?”

 

“Yeah, I’ve listened to the demo version before.”

 

“Okay, so this is the part that hasn’t been finalized yet, it’s the bridge,” Kang Ukjin said as he skipped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter