Final

Exposed

It’s the start of the new semester again. Joohyun had made use of her semester break to prepare for her online class material, thinking of a more suitable task to give her students during this pandemic. She had always been a perfectionist. Everything had been listed down in her teaching journal to make sure none is left behind. She had prepared for everything, except one.

Joohyun at technology.

She never has a harmonic relationship with the said thing. She once claimed that technology make oneself distance from the reality. Well, it is not all wrong. But now, she is in trouble. For the past 10 minutes, she had been glaring at the screen of her laptop, wondering why it is so difficult for her to upload the file for her students.

“Wait a minute, I had a problem to upload these questions.” Joohyun spoke onto her mic. Her students can be seen bored on the cam, almost dozed off if not for Joohyun to keep making unnecessary grumble as she kept trying. There are some who kind enough trying to help her too.

“Had you check your wi-fi connection, Prof?” Eunbi, the class representative asked politely.

Wi-fi? Oh, she knew that thing called wi-fi. Someone explained to her before, correct.

Joohyun moved her cursor down to check on her connection tab. “Yes, it’s on.”

Another 5 minutes passed by until she gave up and thought about a certain person in the same house who might know how to solve her problem.

“Can you wait for a minute while I call someone to help?” Joohyun asked, immediately received response from her students. Clicking a few buttons, she left the screen unattended and went to search for the said person.

“Seulgi? Are you asleep?” Joohyun went into her shared bedroom with her wife, catching a sight of her sleepy wife on the bed trying to keep her eyes open to watch a movie on her iPad. Seulgi immediately felt refresh when Joohyun reached in front of her, eyeing her with confused eyes. “Hey, can you help me with my laptop?”

“What happened?” Seulgi stood up from the bed, stretching for a bit before following the grumpy professor towards her laptop.

Meanwhile, in the living room where the laptop was placed, came a little girl, waddling on her tiny foots as she searched for her mother. Her small eyes caught the sight of the unattended laptop on the coffee table, watching the bright screen in amused as she waddled faster to there. Feeling curious, her tiny hand started touching a few buttons and resulted the camera and microphone to turn on.

Imagine the whole class reaction when the sight of their beautiful professor was changed into a form of a tiny cute little baby which resembles the older professor a lot, smiling brightly onto the cam.

“Baa!” The little girl mumbled excitedly.

“Omo! Who is this? So cute!!!”

“Kawaii~”

“Is this Prof Joohyun’s daughter? I remembered she told once in class before.”

“She’s so cute!”

“What’s your name, cutie pie?”

While everyone is gushing over the cute girl (and the little girl absolutely enjoying all the attention she had), the parent already came in view. Joohyun gasped loudly as she saw her daughter is awake and playing with her laptop. She is not mad, but rather just shocked.

“Yerim-ie!” Joohyun rushed over and called for the naughty little girl. The only excited toddler only giggled even loudly at the view of her mother. Imagine how the students feel when they witnessed the cuteness of the little toddler. Joohyun was quick to reach her daughter while Seulgi tailing behind. She too was smiling her daughter’s antic. Yerim the smart daughter she is.

“Yerim, did you turn on the camera?” Joohyun eyed the little girl with unbelievable expression, still can’t imagine how Yerim managed to know her way to the laptop. The students were watching the interaction between the mother and daughter duo, keeping themselves silence rather than gushing at the cuteness. Joohyun caressed Yerim’s hair, planting a kiss on top of her hair and finally paid her attention to her students. “Guys, finally I got someone to help me.”

Joohyun clicked again on a few buttons on the screen and stood up with Yerim in arms, only to sit herself on the couch behind. She still facing the laptop. Seulgi came in tow, placing herself in front of her wife and had a quick look on the screen. Knowing her wife’s poor knowledge on modern technologies, she expected to be asked some help from the latter. After all, she’s the younger one and always the one to be up to date with this kind of thing. Her job also revolved around computer since she’s a graphic designer for a big company in Seoul.

“Did you see the problem, yeobo?” Joohyun asked from behind, watching Seulgi’s working on the laptop while still holding on to Yerim, in case she moves a lot. Yerim seemed to distract as well, playing with Joohyun’s cheek. Until she heard her other mother’s voice.

“Yeah, it’s been solved. Now, which file you wanted to upload again?” Seulgi asked while her eyes searching for the said file. Joohyun leaned forward, and Yerim was too excited to get into Seulgi’s arms. Seulgi just smiled when her daughter wrapped her tiny arms around her neck and pulled her ears. “Ouch, Yerim-ie!”

Seulgi had no choice but to take Yerim into her arms and facing the laptop screen again. “Hold on, Yerim-ie. We will play after this.” Seulgi said and quickly moved her fingers to upload the file. Joohyun watched as it successfully uploaded and relieved a sigh. “Finally. Gomawo, yeobo.” Joohyun leaned in and placed a quick peck on Seulgi’s lips. The latter only grinned.

Seulgi’s opened the online meeting tab, only to realise a few seconds later that the camera and the mic were never turned off. Her eyes widened. “Erm... honey?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you forgot turn off the cam and mic earlier...? Because...”

“Oh?! I swear I did turn it off before!” Joohyun moved down and placed herself beside her wife on the floor. The whole family now was viewed on the camera. “Yah, did you guys know that the cam was ?” She spoke onto her mic to her students.

“Yes, prof!”

“We did!”

Joohyun winced and pinched the bridge of her nose. Her face was red in embarrassment as she remembered that the whole class might have seen her kiss with Seulgi. “All of you knew that and said nothing...?”

“Well... your family is cute, prof!” – Miyawaki Sakura

“We enjoyed seeing your cute daughter on screen!” – Yabuki Nako

“Sorry, prof but we couldn’t help! Hehehe...” – Ahn Yujin

“Your wife is handsome, prof!” – Lee Chaeyeon

Joohyun widened her eyes and about to speak again when Yerim launched her body forward and conquered the whole screen. Joohyun was startled at her daughter’s proactiveness. “Kang Yerim!”

“Oops... someone’s excited,” Seulgi grinned and quick to hold her daughter securely in her arms again. “Calm down, sweetie.” She caressed Yerim’s messy hair and kiss her plump cheek.

“And now the whole class knew my family...” Joohyun mumbled and sighed heavily. Seulgi noticed that and rubbed circle on Joohyun’s back. “It’s okay. It was an accident.” Seulgi said to light up the situation and faced the cam again.

“Erm... Nice meeting you guys even it was unexpectedly. Please help my wife a lot and study hard!” Seulgi beamed at the students and all of them melted at the cute face of Professor Bae Joohyun’s wife.

“Us too!”

“Thank you for showing your amazing face. My life has never been this blessed before.”

“Yah, Lee Chaeyeon! That’s my wife you are hitting on!” Joohyun exclaimed when she heard that one reply from her student. Seulgi only laughed at it. Oh, her wife and her possessiveness.

“Just kidding, prof!”

“You had better kidding me,” mumbled Joohyun. Seulgi tapped on Joohyun’s shoulder to gain her attention. She whispered something into Joohyun’s ear before giving one last wave to the camera and left with Yerim in arms.

“Alright, alright. Let’s move on and continue our class. Nope, no more. Pay attention.”

All students whined as Joohyun said that. Some still cannot move on from the cute little family and even requested Joohyun to bring Yerim to class when things get better. Joohyun just said that she will think about it. Well, if she didn’t forget soon.

And so, the class going on with Joohyun constant lecture and sometimes asking questions to know if her students are paying attention. Somehow, today’s class feel something different.

Maybe she should bring Yerim to join her in the next lecture to light up the students’ mood.

And no, she won’t drag Seulgi in this. Who know what will happen if she did bring her wife into this. *shrug her shoulders*

 

THE END.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry that the story was too short. It's supposed to be a quick drabble. Feel free to drop your thoughts on this story :D