Citius, Altius, Fortius

Citius, Altius, Fortius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Citius, Altius, Fortius
when all this time you thought you're not ready, but it's actually just not the right person

 

from the prompt by cookie1026:
Person A - Fashion Designer, Person B - Movie Director, Trope: Pretend Relationship

 


Camera flashes and screaming fans left and right welcomed the guests, nominees and performers when they stepped out of their limousines at the entrance of the red carpet. Kim Taeyeon, a three-time daesang awardee for acting and now a nominee for movie directing and best picture, was seen walking back to the entrance of the venue while rolling her usual long sleeve white shirt with the top buttons left opened tucked in her khaki pants and suspenders, making the spectators turn back instead of the front. She completed her look with a dark brown platform heels and her long black hair was in a loose ponytail with her bangs left to be swayed by the wind while her face adorned a natural make up look that made people pay attention to her. A white limousine stopped by the red carpet and Taeyeon went to open the door. People began on whispering by themselves as to who Taeyeon was escorting. The uproar became load when a woman wearing white pumps, clad in golden brown halter evening dress with its front slit reaching up to the woman's thigh stopping just enough to give the onlookers a glimpse of one of her long white legs, got out of the car with Taeyeon's help. The loud audience went even crazier when they realized who was the person matching with Taeyeon's outfit was. It was Jessica Jung, the one who was caught on a dating scandal with Taeyeon for the past year and a half. A young fashion designer who successfully opened her clothing line two years ago without a big name behind her but still managed to reach the top in just a year into the business that had been growing since then. Taeyeon and Jessica greeted the people left and right of the red carpet as they walked down on it. Taeyeon's hand on Jessica's lower back just at the end of another teasing slit of her dress there, showing her luscious milky white skin.

Both Taeyeon and Jessica did not bother answering any questions thrown their way during the photo time as they both just smiled to the cameras. When they entered the venue and sat down their table, Taeyeon draped the coat given by her manager to Jessica making the latter smile in appreciation.

Taeyeon rested her arms at the top rail of Jessica's seat while leaning in on her, not minding the cameras shooting them. "Why did you come so late? I already walked down the carpet and you just had to make me come out again." Taeyeon whispered while pouting looking like a kid, not really matching her looks at that moment.

"Oh come on! You know you love the attention. I even made this dress to double that attention you'll gain." Jessica said patting Taeyeon's puffed cheek. "There are cameras Taengoo, you're tampering your oh-so-cool image." Jessica teased the older one while chuckling making Taeyeon smile at the cute sound.

"You're the one who's stealing my attention with that outfit, you know?" Taeyeon flirted with a wink earning her a slap on her leg from the designer. "Stop flirting and making me fall, will you." Jessica stated jokingly with a playful roll of her eyes. Taeyeon just smiled and whispered. "You know, you already did." Jessica blushed with her heart beating loudly hearing that statement but she got saved when Taeyeon's attention turned to the stage when the emcees entered to start the show. She just hoped Taeyeon did not see her blushing cheeks.

Jessica did not know when, where or how she started feeling something towards the director. All she knew was that she was too hurt in the past that she did not want to be in another relationship again. But just as she decided to finally start getting better and stop being too hurt, a relationship between her and Taeyeon came out of nowhere. If one could even call that a relationship.

 

- One and a half year ago -

 

*Breaking News: Daesang Awardee Actress Kim Taeyeon and her four-year girlfriend Screenplay Writer and Author Jung Wheein who reportedly had broken up last December, merely 6 months ago, was seen hanging out together again at the actress' agency. Details about-

"Yah! Unnie! I was watching that!" Krystal threw a pillow to her sister's face for changing the channel that she was watching."
"And so? There are other things that are worthy to be reported and called breaking news, you know? As if they're the only ones who broke up after years of dating. Others even had a ten-year relationship but still broke up." Jessica snorted still finding a proper channel to watch. "You mean, you?" Krystal rebutted earning her three pillows simultaneously thrown straight to her face.
"Go to bed already. Tomorrow's our first fashion show, PR Manager." Jessica emphasized her sister's title on her first runway show.
"Yah! Don't tell me you invited that jerk for tomorrow?!" Krystal shouted at her walking away sister. Jessica did not bother answering her sister anymore.

***

"Kim Taeyeon!" Yongsun barged in Taeyeon's penthouse burning in anger. "You're all over the news again! With Wheein!" Yongsun kept on screaming on Taeyeon while she remained calm and just simply chilling sipping on her cup of coffee. "Unnie, seriously." She sighed deeply before continuing, "when are you gonna stop playing with her? Isn't being with her for four freaking years without the thought of fully committing to her then eventually breaking up with her not enough for you?" She asked in a whisper.

After hearing that, Taeyeon's heart constricted. A little pain could be felt inside her. She never really explained why she did the things she did. Not that she did not want to but because she did not know how to. She put down her cup down before standing up facing the windows.
"Yong. I didn't play with Wheein. I was serious about her. None of my feelings for her were unreal nor pretend." Taeyeon said defeated. She did not want to talk about this to her cousin whom she knew all along had a crush on her now ex. "I know you liked her Yong. If I didn't approach her back then in our homecoming, it's you who would've been with her." Taeyeon turned around now facing Yongsun, looking at her straight in the eye. "But Yong, I'm not sorry for that night. I'm not sorry for being with her. I'm not sorry for the years I've been with her." She added. Taeyeon frustratedly let out an exhale while brushing her hair out of her face. "Yong please. I can't explain the whys. Hell! I don't even understand it myself." Taeyeon let out a tear fall.
"Sorry unnie." Yongsun looked at the defeated Taeyeon angrily wiping her fallen tear. "Then why don't you get back with her? Or are you two already going out again? The news, I mean."
"No. We're friends. We're one team. That's why. And that's the only why I can answer. Cause no, Yong. I can't get back with her. I just. Can't." Taeyeon said it to Yongsun as if making Yongsun understand the things she did not say. The words between those words that she said. The spaces between her lines. The words left unsaid in exchange of her breaths.

Yongsun understood. In a sense that she did not understand. But she did. And so she said something she never knew she would ever had the courage to say. "Then introduce me to her, unnie. I'll do what I shoud've done before."
Taeyeon lifted her head at that. She stared at Yongsun's determined eyes for a minute. The two of them just looking at each other's eyes. Weighing the heaviness of the atmosphere between them. Yongsun was itching to bite her lip from the intensity of Taeyeon's gaze but she did not want to back down. She wanted to show Taeyeon that she was seriously sincere. The atmosphere became light when Taeyeon let out a smile towards her with a little nod of her head. Taeyeon knew there was always a reason for everything. Wheein and her were not just meant to be. "Cancel your plans after your walk on Blanc and Eclare's show tomorrow and attend the afterparty. I'll bring Wheein with me instead of my manager. Don't make a fool of yourself tomorrow please."


***

Blanc and Eclare's first fashion show was a big talk in town. From some well-known models, idols and actresses participating in the catwalk, to the performers, to the guests and fashion icons attending the show to spectate. The golden carpet was filled left and right with fans, reporters, journalists, bloggers and vloggers getting just anything they could capture. Some fans were disappointed when they learned about some names already inside the venue without even walking the entrance. And too bad for many, only those who received an invitation can enter the venue where the show proper will take place, unlike the afterparty where anyone who can afford the entrance to the club can come. Only selected media were allowed inside too.

There's an uproar when the used to be couple Kim Taeyeon and Jung Wheein arrived at the scene with the artists of Taeyeon's agency, Im Yoona and Ahn Hyejin also known as Hwasa. 
The four of them just smiled towards the spectators ignoring the questions thrown at them. They did not bother for a photo time and just went inside the venue. They were assisted directly to their seats at the front row, being Solar, one of Blanc and Eclare's ambassadors, guests. After a few minutes and a few more guests arrived, the show started.

Taeyeon being not that interested in fashion was amazed at how the show was organized. She did not get bored as there was performances in between and she was having fun everytime her cousin walked down the catwalk. She could see her steal subtle glances their way whenever she turned around. Seeing that, Taeyeon put her hand behind Wheein's chair just to even more.

The show ended with the Jung sisters walking the catwalk and Jessica Jung giving her speech. It would be a lie if Taeyeon did not find her attractive. It was the first time she saw the woman in person and she had to admit that she was indeed a beauty. Exquisite and alluring. A total different from— why was she comparing though? Taeyeon shook her head to remove the thoughts forming in it.
Everyone started clapping when the Jung sisters bowed and exited the stage. Taeyeon texted her cousin that they would wait for her inside the car at the basement to go together to the afterparty which Yongsun replied to immediately. Taeyeon could not help but take a glance back to where she heard Jessica's voice. "Seriously, what's wrong with me?" Taeyeon thought before turning her attention back to her companions.

***

The club's entrance was once again filled with fans and reporters but the ones with the afterparty invitation were the first ones to be assisted inside. Wheein and Hyejin went inside arms hooked with each other while Taeyeon and Yongsun followed them.
"Don't bother me tonight please. Just go on with your plan with Wheein. I already introduced you both.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter