Next Door

A Subtle Romance

After a day of traveling, the Blackpink members and their managers finally arrived at the hotel in Japan, ready for an event the following day. The flight had been smooth and relatively uneventful except for a couple of minutes of turbulence that caused Jennie to almost jump out of her skin, grabbing on to Jisoo’s hand for dear life, as the plane bounced through the rocky air. 

 

They had already had dinner, an assortment of snacks and treats from 7-11, which was one of their go-to dinners whilst on tour with late-night finishes. They would all usually opt for something with noodles or rice, along with their signature snacks: Lisa with her gummy candies, Jisoo with her crisps, Jennie with her milk ice-cream, and Rosie with her portion of extra-crunchy vegetables. 

 

After congregating in Jisoo’s room to chow down on their convenience-store dinners with a side of generic chit-chat, they all headed back to their respective rooms. 

 

“See you in the morning Chipmunk and Unnie,” Lisa said before a yawn, covering her open mouth and stopping at her room’s door. 

 

The blonde and brunette turned their heads but didn’t stop, only slowing their steps to allow time for a response, bidding the main dancer good night. The two remaining girls kept quiet, seeing Lisa's door close and hearing the satisfying sound of the lock automatically setting in place. They both continued down the hall a few more metres until they reached the door to Rosie’s hotel room. The blonde put a hand on the handle but stopped, drooping her head disappointedly at their imminent separation, but also looking up expectantly at the brunette for a glimmer of an invitation to continue the night together.

 

“So…,” the brunette began, having an agenda on her mind. “What are you gonna do now?” Rosie hesitated, catching a smile between her teeth, before responding.

 

“I think I’m…just gonna watch something on Netflix,” the blonde smiled, testing the brunette's eagerness for her company. Her breathing deepened, as her chest rose with every intake, sensing a change in the atmosphere.

 

“Oh, what are you gonna watch?” The brunette asked before looking down at her hands which started mindlessly playing with the hem of her pink Gucci t-shirt. 

 

“Probably just an episode of Friends or something…you know…something easy to watch, to pass the time.” The brunette looked up, biting her lip as she made eye contact with the blonde, who reciprocated with a bite on her own lip. Time stood still during the microsecond of silence, almost unable to proceed through the thick tension in the air between the two girls. 

 

“I - I’d ask you to join but…you said you’re gonna do a VLive before going to bed,” the blonde said, cursing herself for reminding the brunette. 

 

“Oh…,” the brunette cursed herself for mentioning it. She was torn between two desires, but she had already told everyone that she was going to do the VLive and people would ask questions if she canceled it, because Jennie always did what she said she was going to do. “Well yeah, but I was only gonna do a short one, like twenty minutes or so,” her lip got caught between her teeth again, while she looking up at Rosie questioningly, with her pupils torn between resting on the blonde's seductive eyes or supple lips.

 

“Ok, well…,” the blonde couldn’t help but smirk at the proposition in her head, “How about 11 o’clock? I’ll come to your room,” she almost whispered, making sure that the invisible people in the hallway couldn’t hear her. Jennie's smile almost jumped off her face, not even trying to contain her excitement at all, until she realised that she was meant to be cooler than that, and reduced it to a confined smirk that desperately wanted to be set free. 

 

“Okay,” she quickly nodded, while thinking that she must have bitten all the way through her bottom lip by now. 

 

“Okay, see you at 11,” Rosie whispered through a beam of a smile while pushing down on her door handle. “Enjoy your live,” she continued while opening the door and taking a step inside. The brunette smiled and nodded as she stepped towards her room, almost giddy from their freshly-made arrangement. 

 

 

Her live was going well. She had countless questions from fans from all over the world, most of them in English, which she was happy about because she loved speaking English on lives for international Blinks. 

 

She was sitting on a chair with her phone propped up on the desk, reading through comments and answering questions that caught her eye. 

 

Hi Jennie. I Love you! 

 

'Aw, cute.'

 

Jennie, you’re so beautiful

 

'Aw, that's sweet.'

 

Jennie, marry me!

 

‘Aw. Sorry, but I think I’m taken.’

 

What are you doing? 

 

'What? Can’t you see I'm doing a live right now?'

 

Where are the other girls? 

 

'Ah ok' 

“My…the girls are in their own rooms,” Jennie began, stopping herself from referring to one of the girls as ‘my girl’. Phew! She dodged a bullet there. 

 

“Rosie’s room is actually right next to mine,” she continued, prioritising the blonde above the other members, and obviously super excited about the fact that Rosie’s room was actually right next to hers. Usually, Rosie’s room wasn’t next to hers on trips like this, and when they shared rooms Jennie always shared with Jisoo, which was how it always was and how it had to stay. Changing tour sleeping buddies from Jisoo to Rosie would raise too many unwanted questions.

 

“I could just budge in there,” she continued, feeling the need to tell the viewers how she normally enters Rosie’s room. “…just knock on it,” she said while looking to her lower-right, accessing her emotions from a previous time that she knocked on Rosie’s door, which ended up being an extremely memorable visit. 

 

“…and be like “hey, what’s up,” she looked down and rubbed the tip of her nose, as she felt the small lie dilate the blood vessels in her nose, knowing full well that if she went to Rosie’s room, she wouldn’t go there to just say ‘hey, what’s up.’

 

“But she might be already in bed," she blinked excessively, almost to the sound of each syllable, slightly stressed from lying as she knew Rosie wasn’t already in bed. “So, I can’t do that.”

 

“Rosie, if you’re watching, come next door. I’ll be waiting.” Jennie smirked and restrained a grin of excitement, fully aware that she was in fact waiting for the blonde to come to her room.

 

---

 

“Anyeong,” Jennie said before kissing her hand and waving to all of her Blinks through the front camera of her phone. 

 

After turning the live off, she double-checked the time, even though she had been keeping an eye on it throughout the entire live: 22:50.

 

A grin of excitement escaped as ten minutes only separated her from complete privacy with the blonde. They had only been dating for a couple of months and had only slept together in their dorm, making tonight the first time they would sleep together away from home. The thought of their first night together away from their dorm sent electricity throughout the brunette’s body, with a whirlwind of butterflies in her stomach. She bit her lip and forced herself to leave the realm of imagination and prepare herself for a very real night of passion with her Rosie. 

 

The brunette looked in the mirror and pondered applying more makeup before deciding against it; Rosie had spent many nights with her with makeup-less faces. Worrying about her appearance before a night with Rosie wasn’t new, she went through a self-conscious phase when they first started dating, which was short-lived, a day and a half to be exact, after remembering just how comfortable she felt with Rosie.

 

22:59 

 

Jennie closed the Instagram app which she was scrolling through, looking at the latest posts under #chaennie, smiling to herself at every soft moment she saw between her and the blonde. 

 

Taking her phone with her, she got on to the bed and opened the laptop, ready to open Netflix on her web browser. She wanted to be prepared for the blonde. 

 

Oh.

Speaking of preparation, what’s a movie without some snacks. The brunette jumped back up onto her feet and jogged over to the desk and picked up a carrier bag filled with crisps, nori sheets, and chocolate. She bought them for herself but ultimately bought too much, hoping that she’d have someone to share them with, but not just anyone.

 

Just as she was taking the bag of snacks back to the bed, a knock from the door made her grin once more. She scurried to the door like an elated squirrel carrying food for winter and opened the door to reveal Rosie carrying her very own carrier bag of snacks. 

 

“Oh,” the blonde laughed, “looks like we had the same idea.” 

 

“Yeah,” Jennie laughed back as Rosie entered and closed the door, “well, I thought you’d still be hungry, and well…a couple’s movie night without snacks should be criminal,” the brunette winked, making the blonde blush. 


 

“So, what do you wanna watch?” The blonde asked, laying next to the brunette on the bed, both propped up against pillows that were sandwiched between themselves and the headboard. The two girls were shoulder to shoulder with the laptop in between the two of them.

 

“Something light-hearted. I don’t want to have to think too much.”

 

“I don’t think you can,” the blonde teased, biting her lip and attempting to wink, but blinking both eyes instead.

 

“Oiiii,” Jennie moaned playfully, nudging Rosie’s shoulder with her own. 

 

“Awwww,” the blonde giggled, “I’m joking, babe. You know you’re the smartest girlfriend I have,” she continued with a smirk. 

 

“I’m the only girlfriend you have!” Jennie said through gritted teeth, somewhere between playful and serious. 

 

Rosie laughed as Jennie pouted, but the blonde knew it wasn’t real as she saw a hint of a smirk and no sadness in her eyes whatsoever, only joy. Even though, the taller girl decided to play along. 

 

“Awwww, come here, baby!” Rosie twisted her torso and took the brunette into a hug and kissed her forehead.

 

The brunette gently pushed herself back and looked Rosie in the eyes. 

 

“I think that’s the first time you’ve called me that.”

 

“What? Baby?”

 

“You’re girlfriend.”

 

“Really? We’ve been dating for almost two months. I must have called you my girlfriend before,” Rosie said while flicking through her memories. 

 

“No, it’s definitely the first time you’ve called me your girlfriend,” Jennie decided with an ever-growing smile. 

 

“Well, I guess it’s because we’re keeping this a secret. I don’t have anyone else to talk to about our relationship. So I can’t call you my girlfriend in front of anyone else,” the blonde reasoned, as the brunette’s smile grew even wider turning into a full-blown gummy grin. The blonde looked at her with a smile of her own. 

 

“I like the sound of it,” Jennie said sensually soft. The blonde gazed into her eyes and the brunette could see the response in her eyes, 'me too.'

 

“But I think you should ask me first,” Jennie teased with a smirk, and the blonde knew exactly what she was getting at. 

 

“Ask you? We’re already dating. I don’t need to ask you now,” Rosie chuckled.

 

“C’mon!” The brunette complained, not seeing the funny side, but craving for a moment of romance. “Just ask me,” she tugged on the blonde’s arm.

 

“Okay, okay,” Rosie chuckled, unable to stay strong in the face of Jennie’s cuteness. 

 

Rosie sat up straighter, closed the laptop, lifting it over her legs and putting it on the side of the bed, making sure there was nothing separating them. She put her arm behind the brunette and held on to her waist, and leaned in close so that Jennie could feel her breath on her cheek and inhale her floral scent. 

 

“Jennie,” the blonde purred, as dark chocolate eyes connected. The brunette hummed in response, bathing in the sudden romantic atmosphere. 

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Even though Rosie started off just playing along with Jennie's request, the brunette could feel the romance dripping off every word. The blonde meant every word and she wanted the brunette to feel it. And even though Jennie was fully expecting the question, the smile of pure happiness still graced her face, in awe of the fact that she has been and now will officially be in a relationship with a blonde goddess. 

 

“Yes.”

 

Rosie mirrored Jennie's smile of happiness before leaning in and placing their lips together. The kiss was deep, meaningful, and passionate. Jennie could feel Rosie defining desire, passion, and adoration with each kiss, and the brunette understood them perfectly for the first time in her life. 

 

After a couple of minutes, Rosie retreated her lips to catch her breath and stared intently into the brunette's eyes, who was breathing just as deeply. 

"So, my beautiful girlfriend, do you wanna watch a movie with me?"

Jennie just shook her head and bit her lip, before grabbing the blonde by her black t-shirt and pulling her in, reconnecting their lips once more.