everyone has secrets

midnight guest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[june of 2016 in seoul, korea]

✧ ゜· ⁺ · ゜ ✧

it's the last day of junior year, and kim dahyun couldn't be more excited. her specialty included making her classmate's lives a living hell, making her classmates lives a living hell and did i mention making her classmate's lives a LIVING hell?

you guessed it, this year, the brunette bombshell has a trick up her sleeve. she calls it her best one yet. 

who are some of her first victims, you ask? none other than son chaeyoung and chou tzuyu, her trio since kindergarten. consistently known as school meal club, a title coined upon the three due to their inseparability. somehow and someway, their opposing personalities drew them close.

despite the various differences, they stuck together throughout the years. featuring dahyun's playful cheer, chaeyoung's artsy attitude, and tzuyu's enthralling wit, there is seemingly nothing able to pull them apart. some would call them a recipe for disaster. a pleasant and much needed disaster, dahyun usually says.

"i'm telling you, chae, there's certainly something on dahyun's mind," tzuyu muses, popping a fry into .

"please, spare me," chae retorts sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "what could be making her so cheerful?"

both girls have observed an unusual radiance emanating from dahyun this month. her typically bold brown eyes now sparkle with anticipation. while her mischievous grin is always present, her energy has taken on a different quality. they attribute it to her excitement for summer break.

but now, on the last day of the school year, dahyun has yet to reveal her plans. when chaetzu question her, she clams up. they can't quite put their finger on what's going on, but when it comes to kim dahyun, who knows what she'll do next?

chae places her phone on the table and scans the crowded room for dahyun. "speaking of the devil, where is she?"

tzuyu dismisses the topic, her gaze falling upon a rectangular photo on the back of her phone. it features a girl she doesn't recognize. "never mind that! do you have something to share?" she grins, gesturing towards her phone. "who is she?"

"my little sister won't stop talking about this new girl group, and it's driving me insane," chae complains, showing her friend the photo. "this is one of the members, mina." upon closer inspection, tzuyu admires Mina's doll-like beauty.

"apparently, the group is scouting for new members, and she is eagerly awaiting the 'big reveal'," she adds mockingly, making air quotes. "honestly, i'm even a bit invested now."

the sound of sticky footsteps and shrieking kids echoes through the hall, growing louder and more chaotic by the second.

as the two friends investigate, their eyes fixate on dahyun, standing near the entrance with a smug smirk on her face. it doesn't take long for them to piece together what's happening - chaos and a smug tofu could only mean one thing.

"you've got to be kidding me," chaeyoung marches over to the pale girl, tzuyu by her side. the cafeteria is in complete disarray behind them, with some students standing on tables and others frantically fleeing the scene.

"when you claimed it was your 'best prank yet', you forgot to mention the webbed feet," the tallest of the trio declares, crossing her arms and shaking her head in frustration.

"that's not even the best part," dahyun begins to speak, but her words a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter