001

Older

 

The first time Lisa had met the love of her life was when she was 18 and her mate was 25. She went back to her hometown with her parents for the summer to visit her family on her mother’s side. 

 

At first she regretted it. She hadn’t been to Thailand since she was 4 and it was hot as . As a person who liked to wear jackets she had brought loads of her jackets with her. The Manabon family had first gone to Bangkok since it was the capital and where Lisa was born. They went to see their former house which was still very much intact. They were one of the better off families, (understatement, they were one of the richest people in Thailand). 

 

The moment she stepped in the house she basked on the coolness of the air conditioning, thankful to be relieved of the hot and humid temperature outside. They only stayed there for a few days and then went to Chiang Mai, where they’d stay for the next couple of weeks. No, Lisa did not own another house there but that’s where her grandparents live and her mom had wanted to see them to catch up. Lisa honestly did not want to stay in Thailand any longer, she couldn’t wait to go to South Korea and then back to America but she knew how much her mom’s parents meant to her so she didn’t complain and she definitely didn’t regret it. 

 

Her grandparents' house- actually scratch that, it was a mansion, was huge. It had three floors, a living room on each floor and about 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms in total. Why would someone need that much space? That’s what Lisa asked herself at first before she realized that they actually tend to have lots of guests that stay there. And for once Lisa was thankful about having a lot of people near her because that’s where she met her. 

 

Lisa noticed her the second she walked past her. Truth be told, it was hard not to notice her, call it cheesy but she was by far the most beautiful woman she had ever laid eyes on. Her heart shaped lips, her smooth red locks, and her eyes that turn to crescents whenever she smiles or laughs. God, how can someone not like her? But of course, Lisa being the panicked gay she is, she didn’t talk to her. She locked herself up in her own room and avoided her like the plague. Fortunately for Lisa she didn’t see her at dinner because not everyone ate at the same time. 

 

Unfortunately for Lisa, both her and the pretty women seemed to wake up late for breakfast, forcing Lisa to acknowledge her. 

 

Lisa ate silently and watched her phone, glancing at the goddess in front of her every so often. The latter didn’t notice, she was busy looking at her phone to notice her companion. Then a sudden thought crossed her mind making her choke, What if she’s one of my family members? oh god no no no- 

 

The woman in front of her looked up and handed Lisa a glass of water worriedly. 

 

“괜찮아?” She asks, worry was evident in her voice. 

 

Lisa tilted her head to the side showcasing her confusion. She recognized it as Korean but had no idea what she had said despite learning a bit of Korean from her friend. 

 

“You okay?” She asks again in english. 

 

Lisa nods and takes the glass of water gratefully, avoiding eye contact. 

 

“yeah i just swallowed it wrong i guess.” Lisa says curtly. The pretty woman nods and goes back to her phone before looking up again, closing her phone to talk to her companion.

 

“do you uhm.. speak Thai?” She asks slowly, it's clear that she wasn’t the best at english but Lisa found it cute.

 

Lisa nods in response before replying in her native tongue. 

 

“Yeah I do. By the way, what’s your name? I don’t think I’ve seen you in any family reunion before?” The tall blonde asks casually.

 

“Oh! That’s because I'm not a part of the family. I’m just a close family friend. It’s Kim Jisoo by the way, I’m visiting from South Korea.” Jisoo introduces herself, her heart shaped lips curving into a sweet smile. 

 

The younger of the two ignores the loud pounding of her heart and returns the smile with her own broad grin of relief. 

 

“Oh thank god, you were really pretty and I did not want to be related to you, no offense.” Lisa rambles cutely.

 

Her eyes widened as she just realized what she had said. Lisa basically just told Jisoo that she liked her. Fortunately Jisoo didn’t notice but instead blushed at the compliment, hiding her face behind her hands. She takes a bite of her breakfast and clears . 

 

“So, what’s your name?” Jisoo asked curiously.

 

“Lisa. Lisa Manoban. It’s a pleasure to be in your service madam.” Lisa introduces playfully with a mock bow in hopes to bury her awkwardness.

 

Her heart flutters hearing Jisoo’s angelic laugh. Lisa lifts her head just in time to see Jisoo, a bright smile attached to her face. 

 

“Believe me, the pleasure is all mine.” Jisoo plays along, still having that same smile plastered on her face. 

 

Lisa giggles before taking a moment just to appreciate her beauty, she stopped soon after realizing how creepy that would look. - I don’t like her do I? Nah I just find her pretty. That’s it. 

 

“Hey uhm Jisoo? Wanna play 20 questions?” Lisa proposed as a way to get to know each other better. 

 

“20 questions? What’s that?” The older asks curiously. 

 

Lisa grins and happily explains the concept of the game. It was solely to get to know one another better. Thankfully, Jisoo agreed without hesitation and gestured for Lisa to start. 

 

“Okay uhm… which part of Korea are you from?” Lisa starts off with a simple question.

 

“Seoul, South Korea. Born and raised.” Jisoo answers proudly. 

 

Lisa gasps and excitedly hits Jisoo’s arm a couple times out of habit. 

 

“Did you see any kpop idols? I’ve always wanted to be one but I think it would be hard since I’m a foreigner.” Lisa's excited gleam turns to a slight pout at the last statement. 

 

Jisoo chuckles and nods at the first question.

 

“Yeah I have. I actually wanted to be a kpop idol too but I think I’m too old to be a trainee now and if you want to be a kpop idol go for it. You won’t know if you don’t try right?” Jisoo encourages her with a soft smile. 

 

Lisa nods in response, love struck by her smile. Jisoo furrows her eyebrows seeing Lisa blank out, thinking she said something wrong she panics a bit. 

 

“Lisa? Did I say something wrong? Oh god if I did then I’m sorry.” The red-hair rambles panicked. 

 

Lisa violently shakes her head to soothe the other girl down. 

 

“No No No you didn’t, I just blanked out for a little and I think I’ll try out for the kpop idol thing. As long as I have you to support me then I’m fine. Maybe you should try too?” Lisa says determined. 

 

Jisoo can’t help the smile that spreads her face hearing that. She won’t lie, her heart fluttered a little but she’d never say that to the girl in front of her. 

 

“Of course I’ll support you. You’ll be great. And as much as I’d love to be a kpop idol, I actually love my job. Anyways, is it my turn?” She asks to get away from that topic before she falls to like the girl even more. 

 

Lisa nods in response while trying to finish her forgotten breakfast. 

 

“How old are you?” Jisoo questions curiously.

 

If Jisoo had to guess she would say that Lisa was definitely younger than her. Possibly on the minor side but she could see her as 20 or 21, judging by her height. So she was surprised when Lisa had answered something even younger than that. 

 

“18, I know, surprising right?” Lisa chuckles at her expression. 

 

Jisoo gaped at Lisa, looking her up and down. How is an 18 year old this tall? What has America been feeding their children Jisoos Christ. 

 

“But- you’re so tall- how-?” Jisoo can’t wrap around the thought of this giant being 18.

 

Lisa bursts into laughter at Jisoo’s confused face. Almost choking on her food, she leans back on her chair, her lips stretched to a broad smile. Jisoo no longer had a confused face but one of awestruck. Lisa was so goddamn beautiful, it wasn’t fair. 

 

“Oh man, you should’ve seen your face Unnie. I’m not that tall, you’re just short.” Lisa says teasingly as she slowly gets more comfortable with the older. 

 

“Wha- no! I’m average height, it’s not my fault you’re a giant.” Jisoo unknowingly pouts as the taller mocks her height. 

 

Lisa had mini gay panic attack, she fought off the strong urge to just pull the older closer and kiss her pout away. Get a hold of yourself Lisa. 

 

“Y-yeah yeah let’s continue.” Lisa snaps out of it, stuttering a bit.

 

Continue they did, they learnt more about each other than one would think someone would on their first meeting. 

 

Apparently Lisa was a dancer back in America, a very good one at that. She also rapped in her free time and played the ukulele. She was learning Korean from one of her friends, Rosie? Jisoo couldn’t remember the name but nevertheless she offered to also help Lisa with her Korean which Lisa gladly accepted. She didn’t want to miss the chance of them hanging out together more.

 

Lisa also learnt that Jisoo loved to sing almost as much as she loved chicken and god knows how much the girl loves chicken. Lisa remembered the way her eyes sparkled at the topic of her favorite food, making Lisa want to buy her all the chicken in the world. Jisoo also loved playing games so Lisa took that chance of common interest to get them to hang out even more. Lisa didn’t play games as much as the older but she didn’t mind. 

 

“Wait- by the way? How old are you?” Lisa asks curiously.

 

“How old do you think I am?” Jisoo asks back with a playful grin. 

 

Lisa thinks for a while, not wanting to get it wrong.

 

“To be honest you look older than me but not by much. I’d say maybe… 21?” Lisa guesses honestly. 

 

Jisoo giggles and shakes her head making Lisa raise her eyebrows in surprise.

 

“I’m going to take that as a compliment but no. Actually, I’m 25 years old.” She informs with a slight giggle at the young dancers reaction. 

 

“NO WAY- you’re 25?” It was Lisa’s turn to be surprised by her age. 

 

Jisoo nods in response to Lisa’s question. Lisa’s heart sank, That’s way past my limit of . Wait- what am i saying?.... I think I like her.

 

Lisa glanced at Jisoo to see her own reaction. She confirms her own suspicions as her heart flutters from just a glance. Damn my gay . I need to tell Chaeyoung about this, hopefully she’ll know what to do.