In Tranquility

In Tranquility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thinking back on the past, Seulgi knows that this was inevitable.

She twirls the unusual flower pin on her hands, watching with a fond smile as it catches the golden light of the setting sun just right. The shifting shades of reflected yellow brings back memories of warm, honeyed gaze—usually emotionless but sometimes glinting with mischief, interest and dare she say it—with love.

The Harbinger sighs.

Again, the setting sun never fails to remind Seulgi of her. Her princess.

The cold sea breeze in Aquarii Shoal never felt this good against her skin. Before, it used to make her feel as if she wants to cry. But now, it just makes her recall good times—when her princess would run along the shore, picking up a starconch shell and running back to her to let her inspect if it was a good one.

Before, it used to make her regret why she never voiced out what she felt—that she loves her, and still do. But now, it just makes her remember of the times she would sit on this same spot, Seulgi next to her, and her gentle whispers of assurance that things will be alright ringing in Seulgi's ears.

Before, it used to make Seulgi think why her princess did not look back at her to say her one last goodbye before flying off into the night. But now, it just makes her realize that maybe sometimes, goodbyes are not needed. She would have done everything to stop her from leaving, she would have done the most selfish thing and kept her to herself.

Through the past seven years of loneliness, Seulgi—no, Gomdori, has learned to accept that there are things that are just meant to happen. And now, she feels a tad bit proud that she could recall her face, her beauty, her everything—without regrets, without contempt.

And she knows her princess would be too, if she could see the progress Seulgi had made.

It does not hurt to think of her anymore. Instead, running down the memory lane of her tantalizing eyes, soft skin and rare smiles fills Seulgi with warmth. With fondness she never thought she would feel after a long time of just being empty.

“Joohyun…”

she fought with her until the very last moment. They all did. She was a beacon of hope in this once dying world of Arietis. She was the light as old gods awakened, ready to disrupt their fake mantle of peace. She never faltered even in the face of her long-lost sister, even as they clashed their swords against one another.

Seulgi watched her from the ground—with the Knights, with all the other friends she made along the way, stalling other enemies, as she zoomed across the sky, renewed prowess exuding such a bright light for everyone to see, engaged in a dance of blades and elements that would inevitably decide the fate of their world.

Seulgi remembers it taking forever. But it was worth it—for the moment Joohyun came back down, her sister cradled in her arms, Seulgi knew that they had won. That her princess had won.

Seulgi fondly recalls the moment before that fight, when Joohyun pulled her to the side, held both of her hands in her smaller ones. The moment when Joohyun closed her eyes and told Seulgi ‘I think I like you, Seulgi.’ in such a mellow ton

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter