Chapter 5 : Smile

Enamor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Hi, I'm so sorry for this super late update. There's a lot of things going on in my life right now and I'm super busy. I hope you all understand. :D I'm so sorry for any grammar and spelling errors as well. Have a great week! :D

----

[2004]

 

"Good morning and welcome Mr. Gyeong." The orphanage's director smiles at their visitor who's wearing a suit. They bow to each other, shake hands, and sit in front of the table in the middle of the room.

 

The director gives two folders containing two of their orphans’ profiles to the old man which he scanned immediately. 

 

“Based on our records, two kids arrived that day.” the director pauses and the man in suit glances at him to urge him to continue.

 

“At first, we find it odd that the way the babies arrived are quite similar,”

 

“What do you mean?” the visitor asked.

 

“We found the babies at the same time and on the same spot. They are wrapped with white blankets which have their names embroidered on it. We suspect that they are twins at first, because at some point, they have similar features. Until we read the letter on Mina’s blanket,”

 

The visitor opens the folder consisting of Mina’s information.

 

“It’s not a long letter though. It only says, ‘Until we meet again, Mina.’ so we concluded that the two babies are not related to each other because if they were, then Jeongyeon’s name must’ve been written on the letter as well.” the director added.

 

The visitor lifts his gaze and clears his throat.

 

“I want to see the kid named Mina.”

 

----

 

Challenging childhood made Jeongyeon learn basically everything that can fill her and Dahyun's empty stomach. Well, of course, except to those jobs that can put her in jail.

 

From the simplest to most complicated one—Jeongyeon tried them all. Dahyun mentioned it before, but seeing Jeongyeon so serious while driving her car carefully makes Mina wonder about the other skills that Jeongyeon might possess which makes Mina feel things she can't identify.

 

‘How can someone be this damn attractive by just driving a car?!’ Mina thought.

 

Jeongyeon throws a glance at Mina when she hears her heavy sigh. Their eyes meet and Mina swears that Jeongyeon has a different effect on her tonight.

 

Heck, Mina doesn't even know why she drove to Jeongyeon's address instead of her own when she was so tired from all of the preparations and meetings she attended today. 

 

Of all the times and urges to see Jeongyeon, Mina's mind decided for her that she needs to see Jeongyeon—just because she is super tired.

 

Why would she want to see her friend first thing after an exhausting day? Like, what benefit can she get by seeing Jeongyeon's beautiful face?

 

"I want to say you can take a nap while I drive but we're almost there." Jeongyeon smiles at her then focuses her attention back on the road. They are awfully quiet and Jeongyeon understands that the woman is tired from work but she just can’t stand the silence between them.

 

Mina is not saying anything even after what Jeongyeon told her. Usually, she will answer back or start a new conversation and laugh with Jeongyeon in between certain topics, but there's something about the street lights on Jeongyeon's face and colorful reflections of it on her eyes that leaves Mina speechless.

 

And that is not good. Mina may appear calm outside but internally, she’s screaming and panicking. She can’t possibly feel something more than friendship towards Jeongyeon, can she?

 

So Mina chose to prevent herself from glancing on Jeongyeon's side throughout the trip. She’s not the type of person who loves profanities, but she’s been cursing herself non-stop at that very moment.

 

About around 15 minutes of flawless driving, Jeongyeon parks Mina’s car in front of an unfamiliar building. Mina stares and observes the building while Jeongyeon opens the car door for her.

 

The lights are dim inside and she can smell a nice aroma coming from the building, and when Mina lifts her gaze, she sees the building’s name written on the upper part of it.

 

“Is this…?” Mina glances at Jeongyeon curiously.

 

Jeongyeon grins at her and wiggles her eyebrows.

 

“A public bath and sauna? Yes. Let’s go inside.” 

 

“Wa-wait.” but Mina was gently dragged by Jeongyeon inside the public sauna before she completed her sentence.

 

It’s warm inside and Mina roams her eyes around the place while Jeongyeon is talking to the owner. She can see people wearing nothing but a towel on their heads and body inside from where they are standing. 

 

Slowly, the concept of a public bath and sauna with Jeongyeon is sinking into Mina. 

 

This is not a good idea, damn it! Mina thought.

 

“This is your first time in this kind of place right?” Jeongyeon holds onto her arm to get her attention.

 

Mina nods her head while anxiously playing the tips of her own fingers. She has never been in this kind of place so she doesn't know what to do or how to act inside. Plus the fact that the whole concept of the place with Jeongyeon is bothering her given that she thought she felt something she shouldn’t a while ago.

 

But Jeongyeon being Mina’s Jeongyeon, she took all those thoughts out of Mina’s head by just simply holding her hand. 

 

“There’s an instruction posted there,” Jeongyeon pointed to the left side of the hall. “You can read it while I’m talking to the owner.” Jeongyeon gave her a reassuring smile while caressing her arm.

 

“We are here to relax, Mina. You’re with me, you have nothing to worry about.” and Jeongyeon gave her a wide smile once again.

 

It somehow calms Mina and she goes to the corner to read what is posted there. She read the rules and instructions carefully just to avoid embarrassing herself in front of her dear friend. 

 

After around 5 minutes, Jeongyeon approached her again.

 

“Let’s go?” the older woman said and placed a hand on the back of Mina to somehow guide her.

 

“Do I have to be ?” Mina asked shyly. Jeongyeon looks at her and chuckles upon seeing her worried reaction.

 

“Yes, Minari. Don’t worry. Women’s and men’s sections are separated. Let’s go. You need to relax.” 

 

----

 

Definitely a bad idea..

 

Mina can’t really tell if the whole situation is helping her to relax.

 

They are currently immersed in a public hot tub.. with no clothes at all..

 

No. It wasn’t supposed to be a big deal. They are all women there but Jeongyeon is sitting beside her and Mina’s mind can’t figure out what’s making her nervous.

 

Mina tried to not to think about Jeongyeon because for some reason, Jeongyeon’s ness is bothering her.. but she can’t really calm down!

 

As if sensing her discomfort, Jeongyeon holds onto her arm. Mina flinched but she immediately gave the older woman a smile, afraid that Jeongyeon would react negatively towards her reaction to her touch.

 

“Come here.” Jeongyeon said while gently pulling her closer.

 

Mina is smart. People around her are telling her that she’s very smart but she swears that her mind is short circuiting at that moment. Her heart is racing the way it never beats before.

 

.. .. ! 

 

“Jeongyeon?” 

 

Jeongyeon is staring right into her eyes while pulling her and chuckles at her reaction. She knows that Mina is only used to bathing alone.

 

Jeongyeon stops pulling her when Mina’s back faces her.

 

“I’ll scrub your back.” Jeongyeon whispers with a smile on her lips.

 

Mina nods and closes her eyes because that’s all she can do. She can’t think of anything else but,

 

Jeongyeon.. 

 

The discomfort that Mina is feeling vanishes when Jeongyeon massages her back and shoulders. She unconsciously leaned her body towards Jeongyeon. Her touch knows how to calm her tired muscles and it sends relaxation through her tired being.

 

Jeongyeon’s hands are amazing.

 

“How was it?”

 

Mina smiles at that evident bragging in Jeongyeon’s voice. She really loves when Jeongyeon is being playfully annoying.

 

“It’s good.” Mina replied and she yawned after.

 

“I have worked in a spa before so I kinda know where to touch you to calm your muscles. Dahyun and I always go here whenever we are too tired from school and work.”

 

“This is relaxing. Is it okay to take a nap?” Mina asked. She unconsciously leaned her back towards Jeongyeon’s body while letting herself relax.

 

Jeongyeon clears before answering.

 

“Yes..”

 

“Can you please wake me up after 30 minutes?”

 

“Sure.”

 

-----

 

“You’re prettier when you smile.”

 

Mina turned around and found Jeongyeon smiling so wide at her.

 

They spent at least an hour relaxing inside the public bath and sauna and if it weren't because of the early meeting she needed to attend in 5 hours, Mina would like to stay longer and spend more time with her friend.

 

Jeongyeon wasn’t lying when she told her that she would help her relax. She felt light and happy.

 

“Can we do this again?” Mina asked.

 

Jeongyeon's eyes reflect something beautiful before she nods at the younger woman and holds her hand to lead her towards her car.

 

“I would love to.”

 

----

 

3 days later, Mina found a way to see Jeongyeon despite her super busy schedule. She had no early meeting on her sched that day so she decided to see Jeongyeon and give her a ride to her university.

 

Mina misses her even though they keep on talking about anything under the sun through phone messages whenever they have a chance.

 

But to Mina’s surprise, there’s a car parked on the spot in front of Jeongyeon's house where she usually parks her car. Mina has no choice but to park her car next to it.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter