Prom with You

Songs 4 You

 

 

Seniors and juniors are busy thinking about how to ask their crushes out to prom. Mina’s friends are no exception, especially the bassist, Jeongyeon, and the drummer, Momo. After Jeongyeon found out that Sana was crushing on her, she started having trouble talking to the girl. Truth be told that Jeongyeon finds Sana attractive so knowing that the girl likes her made her feel shy.

“I honestly have no unique idea on how to ask Sana out to prom.”, Jeongyeon confessed. “I thought about serenading her but Mina is already known for doing that.”

Mina shrugged, “You can still do it though.”

“I have a plan.”, Momo said, which made her friends look at her. “This is for me though. I’ll ask someone out to prom but I’ll be needing everyone’s help.”

“Okay. What’s the plan?”, Jihyo asked.

Momo grinned, “So, according to google, there are twelve Disney princesses and there’s three of you so I need nine more people to dress up as a Disney princess.”

“WHAT?”, her friends asked in unison. Are they hearing Momo right? Momo wants them to dress up as a Disney princess?

“Come on! I already have the costumes. I’ll call our other friends. I’m planning on asking Dahyun this Saturday.”, Momo explained. “If she says yes, I’ll treat everyone to lunch?”

“Lunch for a month.”, Jeongyeon said

Momo widened her eyes, “That’s too much! Lunch for a week?”

Jihyo nodded, “Lunch for a week even if she says no.”

Momo glared at her friends, “Fine.”

“Can I not be part of this?”, Mina asked, she’s not a fan of wearing dresses. In fact, she feels uncomfortable wearing one.

Momo shook her head, “No. All for one, one for all, remember?”

Mina sighed, she knows her friends would help her too if she asks them to do something like this, “This will go on my embarrassing--I-do list”

 

–––

 

“You’re the one asking someone to prom but why are you the only one not wearing a costume?”, Mina asked, she’s wearing a Belle costume from Beauty and the Beast.

Momo grinned, “Just because.”

“God, this is embarrassing.”, Jeongyeon said, she’s wearing the same dress Snow White wore in the movie and she’s also holding an apple that Mina gave her to make her feel more embarrassed. 

Jihyo shook her head, “I can’t believe you made them agree to do this.” She’s wearing a Moana costume, her tanned skin is a sight for everyone to see.

With them, there’s Irene as Aurora, Seulgi as Merida, Wendy as Cinderella, Jisoo as Ariel, Jennie as Elsa, Joy as Pocahontas, Rosé as Rapunzel, Lisa as Anna, and Yeri as Tiana. They completed the twelve Disney princesses.

“Oh, we’re not doing this for free.”, Irene said.

Jennie nodded, “Momo promised us something.”

“Which we aren’t going to talk about!”, Momo said, her best friends don’t need to know that she promised the other girls a bigger deal. “Let’s just wait here. Mina, did you tell your girlfriend to bring her here?”

Mina nodded, “Yeah, Nayeon said they’re on their way.”

“Okay, hold this.”, Momo said as she gave one letter to each princess.

A few minutes later, Nayeon and her friends arrived, surprised by what they’re seeing. Mina’s doing her best to avoid her girlfriend’s eye contact because she’s so damn embarrassed and Nayeon can’t help but giggle. 

Each Disney princess is holding a letter that spells P R O M  W I T H  M E  ?  ♡  Momo stepped forward and held a sign saying, ‘Kim Dahyun, the only princess missing is you.’ Momo grinned, “I won’t take ‘No’ for an answer, just so you know.”

Dahyun laughed, “Well, lucky for you because it’s a yes.”

“Thank God. Because they’d kill me if you said no.”, Momo laughed, “I kinda forced them into dressing up as a princess.”

Dahyun chuckled, “Yeah, I can see that.”

“Oh, by the way, this is for you.”, Momo said before handing Dahyun a bouquet of flowers. “And of course, a princess needs her tiara.” Momo put a tiara on Dahyun’s head. The blush on Dahyun’s cheek cannot be hidden. “You’re so red!”

Nayeon made her way to her princess, “My princess looks amazing.”

Mina rolled her eyes, “I’m going to get changed, wearing this is against my will.”

Nayeon laughed, “The dress looks great on you though!”

 

–––

 

A few days later, Jeongyeon still hasn’t come up with a way to ask Sana to prom. She sighed, “You know Momo, I blame you.”

“What? Why? What did I do?”, Momo asked.

Jeongyeon glared, “How can I beat your Disney princess promposal?” Momo’s promposal has been the talk around their campus because you don’t see the twelve Disney princesses in person every day. And not to mention the twelve students who dressed up as Disney princesses are the campus crushes.

“I have an idea.”, Jihyo said which made Jeongyeon gain a little bit of hope.

“What is it?”, Jeongyeon asked.

“This is just simple. Fill the music room with balloons and artsy stuff.”, Jihyo explained.

Jeongyeon raised her eyebrow, “Isn’t that a little boring?”

Jihyo shook her head, “Well if you write this on something I don’t think it’s boring.” Jihyo showed her phone to her friends.

“Oh, that’s actually witty.”, Mina commented.

Momo nodded, “I agree. That’s actually nice, just make sure to decorate the music room pretty.”

“Okay. The three of you are helping me. Let’s do this the day after tomorrow? I’ll buy the stuff we need after class.”, Jeongyeon said, hoping Sana will say yes even if she’ll do a simple promposal.

 

–––

 

Jeongyeon and her friends started decorating the music room during their lunch period. Mina even had to make an excuse to Nayeon as to why she can’t have lunch with her which Nayeon didn’t believe but she let her girlfriend be. It’s promposal season and Mina hasn't asked her to prom yet so she’s kind of looking forward to Mina’s promposal. The music room was filled with balloons and they’re not even sure how many balloons there were.

“I think there’s more than enough balloons.”, Mina said. “Because if you want more, I have to pass. I don’t think I can blow more balloons.”

“Same here. This is my last balloon.”, Momo added, before throwing the balloon she’s holding.

Jihyo shook her head, “I can’t believe you forgot to bring the air pump you airhead.”

Jeongyeon raised both her hands, “I’m sorry! It slipped my mind, okay?” Jeongyeon has been so nervous about her promposal that she almost forgot to bring everything she needed. Thank God she didn’t forget everything but she did forget to bring the air pump which was important.

Jihyo sighed, “Just write random around the room. After that, I think we’re done.”

Jeongyeon nodded and she started doing what Jihyo said.

 

–––

 

Mina was waiting outside Nayeon’s classroom. This is part of Jeongyeon’s plan. Mina will wait for Nayeon and then she’ll force everyone to come to the music room. Jeongyeon doesn’t know how Mina will do it but she sure hopes she can do it. And Mina did?

“Why do we need to tag along?”, Tzuyu asked.

Mina shrugged, “The music room has something… cool?”

“Cool?”, Chaeyoung asked. “What does that have to do with us?”

Mina sighed, “Stop asking questions. Let’s just go.”

Jihyo laughed, “I heard there’s a party in the music room. I think there’s food or something.”

Thank God, Jihyo is classmates with Nayeon because if she isn’t, Mina wouldn’t know how to bring everyone to the music room.

When they opened the door to the music room, they were welcomed by balloons, balloons, and more balloons. Inside the music room was Jeongyeon and Momo. Everyone scanned the music room and they saw Sana’s name written on one of the banners that Jeongyeon made.

“Uh… Sana?”, Jeongyeon said while scratching her nape. She flipped the board that she was holding to show what was written.

Sana giggled as she read what was written, “Blowing all these balloons took my breath away and so did you.”

Jeongyeon nervously smiled at Sana as she showed another board.

Sana smiled before reading it, “I just popped by to ask a question for you.”

“Uhh… Open the box in front of you to see the question.”, Jeongyeon nervously said. She suddenly feels like it’s gotten hot inside the music room because of the sweat on her forehead.  

Sana walked to the box and opened it. She was a little startled when balloons flew from the box. She didn’t miss the paper taped on the balloons. “Will you go on an adventure and fly up to prom with me?” Sana can’t help but smile from eye to eye, “I’d love to go to prom with you, Jeongyeon.”

Jeongyeon’s face lit up when she heard Sana’s answer. “Prom will be poppin’ because I’m going with you.”

“You can stop with the puns now.”, Mina said which earned a laugh from their friends. “By the way, babe.”

Nayeon looked at her girlfriend, “Yeah?”

“What are we wearing to prom? We haven’t talked about it yet.”, Mina asked.

Nayeon raised her eyebrows, she didn’t expect the question, “Is that your way of asking me to prom?” Nayeon pouted before leaving the music room. Honestly, hearing a ‘Will you go to prom with me?’ from Mina would make her say yes but straight up asking her what to wear for prom is a no. 

Everyone looked at Mina. “You haven’t asked her yet?”, Jihyo asked.

Mina shook her head, “I thought I didn’t have to? Because she’s my girlfriend?”

Jihyo can’t help but facepalm, “You’re stupid sometimes.”

“You mean I still need to ask her to prom? I thought since we were girlfriends, we’d automatically go to prom together?”, Mina said, still confused.

“You know you can just sing her a song and then she’d say yes, right?”, Sana asked. “But you... suddenly asking her what to wear for prom is a little… you know.”

Mina sighed, “Looks like I need to plan on how to beat your promposals.”

 

–––

 

Nayeon has been sulking since the day Mina asked Nayeon what they were going to wear to prom. In all honesty, Mina really didn’t know that she still needed to ask Nayeon to prom. Now, thanks to her friends, she finally realized that Nayeon might have been waiting for her to ask her ever since the day it was announced that there’s a prom. Mina’s been thinking about what to do for a week now.

“Please tell me you finally have an idea on how to ask Nayeon out to prom.”, Jihyo said.

Mina groaned, “How do you even ask a cheerleader to prom?”

“You know you don’t have to go overboard.”, Jeongyeon said. “You can sing her a song just like what you did before.”

“Or do what cheerleaders do. Cheer.”, Momo added.

Mina raised her eyebrow, she didn't get it. “What does that even mean?”

Momo shrugged, “Like... you know… Cheerleaders... cheer?”

Mina still doesn’t understand what her friend is trying to say. Her eyebrows furrowed as she was thinking hard. After a few minutes, she got an idea. “I have a plan.”

Mina explained to her friends what she thought about which earned a nod from her friends. “But you’ll be needing the cheerleaders to help.”, Jihyo said.

Mina nodded, “Yeah, I should go ask them later since they have practice.”

Jihyo sighed, “So, you’ll be needing me to stop Nayeon from going to practice early?”

“Yes, please.”, Mina said while grinning. “I also need help from the radio club? Is that what they’re called? The ones handling the announcement speakers?”

“Yeah, I know someone from that club.”, Jeongyeon said.

Mina clasped her hands, “Great. I need to talk to them and ask them to play something for me.”

Mina did everything she could in order to prepare her promposal. Today’s Tuesday and she’s planning on asking Nayeon on Thursday. She even talked to the cheerleaders to help her and they happily agreed. Mina also talked to the people on the radio club but they told her that they might get in trouble for using the speakers around the school for a non-academic announcement. Mina did her best to persuade them and promised them that she’ll take all the blame if the principal ever finds what her plan annoying or something. 

 

–––

 

It’s Thursday and Nayeon doesn’t know why she hasn’t seen Mina lately. It’s like her girlfriend has been MIA since yesterday. Nayeon only got to see Mina yesterday when she picked her up for school and when the latter drove her home. It’s the same today. Nayeon last saw Mina when they parted ways for their first class. Lunchtime is almost over and she still has no idea where her girlfriend is. She even texted and called Mina but the latter is not answering. Mina’s friends are of no help either because they say they have no idea where the girl is. Nayeon’s not expecting a promposal for her girlfriend. Definitely not.

Nayeon is in the middle of her physics class when an announcement is being made.

Good afternoon everyone

We're flying at 24,000 feet, moving up to thirty-seven thousand feet

And then we've got clear skies all the way to Prom

And right now we're bringing you some promposal entertainment

One of our beloved students would like to sing you a song

Inspired by one of our students

And since we let our students do pretty much whatever they want, but not really,

Anyway, here she is

Everyone is confused as to what was happening, even their teacher. Dahyun looked at Jihyo because she’s a hundred percent sure that it was Momo’s voice. Jihyo only shrugged. The sound of a guitar took over and Nayeon widened her eyes when she heard someone singing.

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad

Tease you around when your mood isn’t bad

All I wanna do is go to prom with you

Nayeon is sure that this is the reason why Mina has been MIA. She shook her head, her girlfriend sure does love going beyond her way just to make her happy.

I’ll take you to hundreds and thousands of dates

Sing you a song, Sorry if I am late

Oh, it could be so nice, going to prom with you

Nayeon can’t help but giggle. To be honest, she only wanted Mina to ask her out to prom in a simple way. 

I'll miss you

Kiss you

Give you my coat when you are cold 

Need you

Feed you

Even lend you my two hands to hold

“I wonder who this person is asking to prom.”, their teacher asked. “A very lucky person, if I do say so myself. I hope she doesn’t get in trouble though.”

So let me do the singing ‘till your cheeks are pink

Put you to laughter when I attempt to wink

Oh, I could be the one who goes to prom with you

I wanna go to prom with you, Nayeon

All eyes turn to Nayeon and she can’t help but blush. Her girlfriend sure does love making her feel embarrassed. No other words were said after the song so Nayeon turned to Jihyo. “Where is she?”

Jihyo shrugged, “I have no idea.” Of course, that’s a lie because Jihyo knows that Mina’s at the school’s field making sure everything is perfect.

 

–––

 

After Nayeon’s last class, she was excited to leave the room because she can’t wait to see her girlfriend. But unlike other days, Mina wasn’t waiting for Nayeon outside her classroom. 

“We’ll walk you to the field since your girlfriend isn’t here to accompany you.”, Sana said, which earned a nod from Nayeon. Jihyo told Nayeon’s friends that Mina’s waiting for Nayeon at the field and of course they would love to see Mina’s promposal.

Nayeon was sulking when they were walking to the field. Her girlfriend asked her to prom earlier but she has no idea where she is. She still hasn’t got a single reply from the girl. 

When they reached the field, Nayeon was surprised to see that the entire cheer squad was already there. As Nayeon walked closer, she started to realize that it looked like a promposal. She just didn’t know that it was actually for her. Nayeon and her friends walked to the side of the field to watch what was going to happen.

The cheer squad, without their co-captain, Nayeon, moved to where Nayeon is and they started doing what Mina told them to.

Oh Nayeon, you're so fine

You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Nayeon,

Hey Nayeon

To say that Nayeon was surprised by the sudden chant was an understatement. She wasn’t expecting that the promposal was for her because Mina did do a promposal earlier.

The cheerleaders went to their positions and they started lifting a flyer one by one. The flyers were holding a paperboard each which completely says MINA + NAYEON = PROM?

Nayeon smiled and shook her head. Her girlfriend really knows how to surprise her. Mina then showed up with a bouquet of flowers and a huge paperboard. Nayeon smiled while reading what was written, “Will you go to prom with me? You’ve always been cheering for me so I hope I can cheer you up by taking you to prom. Yes = Hug Me, No = Do a backflip” 

Nayeon walked towards her girlfriend, who was wearing a big grin on her face. “I may be a cheerleader but I, unfortunately, can’t do a backflip. So I guess I’m left with no other choice but to hug you.” Nayeon wrapped her arms around Mina’s neck. “You’re so extra. I love you.”

Mina chuckled, “You were sulking because I didn't ask you to prom so I thought I needed to step up my game. And I love you so I’ll do everything I can to make you happy.”

Mina was about to receive a kiss from Nayeon but it was unfortunately interrupted. “Uh… Sorry to interrupt but… Mina, principal Lee is looking for you.”, Sakura, one of the radio club members, said.

Nayeon laughed, “Looks like you got yourself another detention.”

Mina shrugged, “The things I do for you.”

“You’ll get your kiss later.”, Nayeon said before winking. “Now, go meet the principal.”

Mina gave Nayeon the flowers before heading to the principal’s office. She doesn’t mind getting another detention. The important thing is that she made her girlfriend happy. 

 

–––

 

A few days has passed after the day Mina asked Nayeon to prom and they still haven’t talked about what to wear. It always slips Mina’s mind to ask Nayeon. So here they are right now, having their peaceful lunch when Mina finally remembered to ask. “Hey, so I can finally ask you what we are wearing for prom?”

“I honestly have no idea. Is there any color that you would like for us to wear?”, Nayeon asked. She’s excited about prom but she’s indecisive, she doesn’t know what to wear. 

Mina smiled, “I’m pretty sure any color would look great on you.”

Nayeon rolled her eyes, “Of course. Oh, will you be wearing a dress? I’d love to see you wear one.”

“I’m not a fan of wearing dresses but if you want me to wear one…”, Mina scratched her nape. “I guess I’ll consider?”

Nayeon waved her hand, “No, no. I don’t want you to wear something you aren’t comfortable with.” 

“Oh. Well, I think I’ll wear a tux?”

Nayeon rested her chin on her hand. “Okay, now that’s what I’d love to see.”

“I’ve been told that I look pretty good in a tux.”, Mina said before trying to wink.

Nayeon nodded, “I bet you do.”

“By the way, when are you buying a dress? Should I go with you?”. Mina asked

“I think I’ll go look for a dress with my friends. I want to surprise you.”

Mina nodded, “Okay, just tell me what color you’re wearing.”

 

–––

 

Buying a prom dress is not an easy thing to do because you wouldn’t want to wear something too simple but you also wouldn't want to overdress. Looking for the perfect prom dress is very challenging since you need to consider a lot of things. Nayeon and her friends already went to several stores and none of them found a prom dress yet.

The girls decided to split up and find a dress on their own. Going to different shops at the same time would lessen the chances of them liking the same dress so they went their own ways. After God knows how long, the girls finally found a dress that they’d like to wear. They took into consideration the style of the dress, the color, and of course the opinion of their dates. They know that their dates wouldn’t want them to overdress because they all said the same thing, ‘simplicity is beauty’ and ‘you’d look amazing with whatever you wear’. Nayeon and her friends honestly thought that their dates planned and practiced what to tell them.

 

Cheerleader Girlfriend [9:22 PM]

I finally bought a prom dress!

It’s pink, by the way

 

Guitarist Girlfriend [9:23 PM]

What pink?

Light shade or dark?

 

Cheerleader Girlfriend [9:23 PM]

Light shade

 

Guitarist Girlfriend [9:25 PM]

Can you accompany me to the mall tomorrow?

I need to buy a tie that matches the color of your dress

 

Cheerleader Girlfriend [9:26 PM]

Okay, sure!

 

Nayeon’s excited for prom, she’s excited to see Mina’s reaction when her girlfriend sees her in the dress she picked. But more importantly, Nayeon’s excited to see her girlfriend in a tux.

 

–––

 

Mina is a little bit regretting asking Nayeon to accompany her in finding a bow tie because they have been walking around the mall for almost an hour now and they still haven’t gotten to the section that sells ties.

“Babe, I’m pretty sure we won’t find a tie here.”, Mina said as she looked around. She doesn’t understand why they are currently in the stationery section.

Nayeon nodded, “I know, I know. I just remembered that I need to buy a new planner.” Nayeon’s looking at the set of planners around. “Oh look at this to-do-list. It’s so cute!”

Mina smirked, “Are you going to write my name on that to-do-list?”

Nayeon rolled her eyes before hitting her girlfriend’s arm, “Okay, okay, let’s go get you the bow tie that you need.”

Mina laughed, "Finally! We're going to get the one we actually need."

Luckily, they actually did head directly to the section that sells ties instead of making a few stopovers. Mina's just standing beside Nayeon, waiting for her girlfriend to pick the color that matches her dress.

Nayeon picked out a bow tie and stared at Mina which made Mina raise her eyebrow, "What?"

"I'm just imagining you wearing a tux.", Nayeon answered as she eyed her girlfriend from head to toe. "You're going to look hot, babe."

Mina smiled while shaking her head, "Babe, have you looked in the mirror? Between the two of us, I'm pretty sure you're the hot one." Mina grabbed the tie that Nayeon's holding, "Let's go get something to eat after I pay?" Nayeon nodded before they started walking towards the cashier. 

 

–––

 

Tonight is prom night and Mina's actually nervous. Well, who wouldn't be? Prom is the biggest and most awaited event for the year but not only that, her prom date slash girlfriend is none other than Nayeon Im, the most popular student of their year. They have been going out for a couple of months now but there are times where Mina still feels nervous around Nayeon.

Looking at the mirror, Mina smiled at herself. She's got to admit that she does look good in a tux but she won't let anyone know that she said it herself. Here she is, wearing a white button-down shirt under her pale pink vest which she bought the day after she purchased the bow tie. On top of that is her classic black peak lapel tuxedo. Mina was about to leave her house to pick Nayeon up when she remembered her bow tie and the corsage that she got for Nayeon.  She looked at her watch and she's a little surprised to know that she was supposed to leave her house a couple of minutes ago so she hurriedly took the tie and the corsage before dashing out to her car.

Mina arrived outside Nayeon's house a few minutes late but it doesn't matter because her girlfriend is still not done getting ready. While waiting, Mina decided to put on the bow tie that she almost forgot. Nayeon's mother saw Mina putting on her bow tie so she walked towards Mina to help her. Mrs. Im smiled at Mina, "You look great, Mina."

Mina scratched her nape, "Thank you, Mrs. Im."

After a few minutes, Nayeon was finally finished getting ready so she headed downstairs to where Mina was. Mina felt like she was in a teen romance movie where everything starts to be in slow motion because of how gorgeous the protagonist is while wearing a beautiful dress. Nayeon's wearing a short pale pink dress that Mina doesn't know how to describe. But one thing is for sure, her girlfriend is the most gorgeous person to ever exist. Mina can't help but stare at her girlfriend.

"There's the prom queen!", Mrs. Im exclaimed. "Time for pictures!" The couple took hundreds of pictures thanks to Nayeon's parents. 

"You're missing something.", Mina said which made Nayeon a little bit surprised.

"What is it?", Nayeon said with a little worry.

Mina flashed Nayeon a smile, before getting the corsage that she bought. Mina took Nayeon's left hand before putting the corsage on the latter's wrist.

Nayeon smiled at her girlfriend, "You had me worried for a second there."

The sounds of the camera shuttering reminded the couple that they are not alone. "Honey, you're forgetting this." Mr. Im said as he handed Nayeon the boutonniere.

Nayeon took the boutonniere before facing her girlfriend. 

"It goes on the left side.", Mina said.

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "I know." She pinned the boutonniere on the left lapel of Mina's jacket.

"You two look perfect!", Mrs. Im exclaimed as she continued to take photos.

Mr. Im smiled while shaking his head, "You two should go. The prom can't start without their queens."

And with that, they left the house to go to prom.

 

–––

 

As soon as they reach their school parking lot, students wearing dresses and tuxedos are scattered around. Looks like the event hasn't started yet. And like the gentlewoman that Mina is, she opened the car door for her date. 

The couple is immediately welcomed by their friends. "You're late, Myoui!", Jihyo exclaimed. She's wearing a blue satin dress.

Mina grinned, "I forgot that I was supposed to be here early."

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows, "You're supposed to be here early?"

Momo nodded, "Yeah. We're playing a few songs." She's wearing a black tuxedo with a black button-down shirt and a red bow tie. Beside her is Dahyun who's wearing a red dress.

Nayeon looked at Mina, "You didn't tell me."

"Mina tends to forget when she's with you but it's okay.", Jeongyeon said, she's wearing a black tuxedo with a black vest and a light pink bow tie that matches Sana's light pink dress.

"Where's Chaeyoung and Tzuyu by the way?", Nayeon asked.

"They're already inside. We should go now.", Sana answered.

Luckily, all ten of them fitted on one round table. Jihyo's date, Sejeong, has gotten close to their friends. It wasn't hard getting along because Sejeong is a very friendly person and Mina sees why Jihyo accepted Sejeong's promposal.

One of the student council members, Eunbi, walked up to their table to let the band know that they are going to play in less than ten minutes. Mina and her friends were left with no other choice but to leave their dates for a few minutes.

As they walked up the stage and prepared, the students started cheering. Jihyo stood in front as she took her guitar, before starting to play, she spoke. "Since it's prom and it's a very special day for all of us, we'll be performing four songs that will be sung by each of us."

The students cheered more as the band started playing. Jihyo was the first one to start singing. She started by singing Maybe The Night and everyone can see how Jihyo looks at Sejeong while she's singing. Maybe the night holds a little hope for them. Jihyo has never actually agreed on dating someone that's why they were all surprised when Jihyo agreed to be Sejeong's prom date. Out of all the people who asked Jihyo out, to prom or not, Sejeong is the only one who wasn't rejected and maybe, just maybe, maybe Jihyo feels a little something for Sejeong. Sejeong smiles at Jihyo with her famous eye smile and maybe that's what caught Jihyo's attention.

The second one to sing is the bassist, Jeongyeon. "This song is for my date tonight.", Jeongyeon said before starting to sing If Eyes Could Speak. The way JeongSa happened wasn't really surprising because Sana has been crushing on the bassist. Jeongyeon was actually oblivious even if their friends were always teasing them. It took Jeongyeon a long time before she realized that she likes Sana and it took a little longer for her to realize that Sana likes her back. Jeongyeon knows that she's never been the one good with words so she really hopes Sana gets what she's trying to say by listening to the song she's currently singing. If eyes could speak I wouldn't have to talk. Everyone can see how Jeongyeon and Sana look at each other. Maybe everyone except Jeongyeon thanks to her obliviousness. But right now, even Jeongyeon can't deny the look in Sana's eyes while she's watching her sing. Maybe Jeongyeon will finally ask Sana to date her for real. 

Momo stepped forward after Jeongyeon was finished singing. "Maybe this is a surprise to everyone but I sing too.", the drummer said while flashing a huge grin. The song that Momo chose to sing is You And Me by Lifehouse. The song fits Momo and Dahyun because Momo has always been attracted to Dahyun but she always fails to show it or fails to say it. Momo felt that she's been losing time because she still can't confess, just like in the second verse of the song. All of the things that I want to say Just aren't coming out right. I'm tripping on words. You got my head spinning I don't know where to go from here. Momo thought that prom would be the way of her showing Dahyun that she likes her more than a friend. To Momo, everything Dahyun does is beautiful and she just can't take her eyes away from her just like right now. Momo's just looking at Dahyun while she's singing and Momo can't help but smile because Dahyun's a blushing mess.

Last song. It's Mina's turn to sing. She took the drums when Momo was singing but now she's in front of the mic with a guitar in her hand. Before starting to sing, Mina faced her friends. "I want to change the song."

Her friends widened their eyes, "To what song?", Jihyo asked.

"Tenerife Sea. We've played it once but I feel that we can pull it off.", Mina said as she turned around to face the audience. She took a deep breath before the band started playing. Mina’s eyes automatically landed on her girlfriend. She smiled as she started singing.

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

The way it falls on the side of your neck

Down your shoulders and back

We are surrounded by all of these lies

And people that talk too much

Mina feels like everyone else isn't around, she feels like it's just her and Nayeon. She feels like it's only the two of them. Mina doesn't know why but for some reason she just can't stop staring at her girlfriend.

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love

So in love

So in love

That's true, Mina is so in love with Nayeon. She's so in love that she's willing to go beyond her ways for her girlfriend. She's so in love that for her, Nayeon is more than enough.

You look so beautiful in this light

Your silhouette over me

Mina can't stop herself from smiling while singing. She sees her girlfriend trying to hide the blush on her cheeks and beside her are her friends who are teasing her as usual. It's fun to see her girlfriend blush, Mina actually finds it amusing how she can still make her girlfriend blush after all these months. It's a great sight, Mina loves it. It's the same for Mina though, Nayeon can still make her blush over the simplest things. 

Should this be the last thing I see

I want you to know it's enough for me

'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love

So in love

So in love

So in love

Lumiere, darling

Lumiere over me

Lumiere, darling

Lumiere over me

Lumiere, darling

Lumiere over me

Mina remembers the times where Nayeon and her were just classmates. She actually failed to notice that Nayeon always sits beside her in that one class. She only realized it when she started crushing on her. She realized that Nayeon's always sitting beside her and is always willing to help her when she doesn't understand . Mina knew she's crushing on Nayeon but just like her oblivious friend, her obliviousness is also there. She didn't notice that Nayeon was always there. She failed to notice them at first but she's her girlfriend now and that's what matters. Mina smiles at the thought.

You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

And in the moment I knew you, Nayeon

I'm so in love

Mina winked at Nayeon as she added the last line which made Nayeon laugh because everyone knows Mina can't really wink, but she tries. Nayeon mouthed 'I love you' which made Mina smirk and mouthed 'I know'.

As their band finished playing, a different band started to enter the stage. Mina and her friends went to their dates quickly because while they were up on the stage, other students were already slow dancing to their songs which leaves their dates on their table.

"Can I have this dance?", Mina said after offering her hand to Nayeon.

"You have no idea how many people Nayeon rejected just because she wanted you to be her first dance.", Sana said, which earned laughter from the entire table.

Mina smiled, "I actually know. I was looking at her the entire time I was on stage and I started to think that she was only rejecting people because I was looking." Their friends laughed at Mina’s comment.

"And I also know that Nayeon wasn't the only one rejecting people.", Jeongyeon said. "Can I have this dance?", she asked Sana to which the latter replied with a nod.

I'd never gone with the wind

Just let it flow

Let it take me where it wants to go

‘Til you open the door

There's so much more

Nayeon took Mina's hand as they started walking towards the dance area.

I'd never seen it before

I was trying to fly

But I couldn't find wings

But you came along and you changed everything

"I'm pretty sure you already know this but I don't dance.", Mina said.

Nayeon smiled, "Well, you just put your hands on my waist like this." Nayeon said as she grabbed Mina's hands and placed them on her waist. "And then I put my hands here." Nayeon rested her hands on Mina's shoulder, close to her girlfriend's neck. "And then we just sway."

You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier, crazier

Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes

You make me crazier, crazier, crazier

Mina's looking at Nayeon's eyes, "You look amazing."

 "You do too.", Nayeon said as she smiled. "By the way, you never told me you play the drums."

Mina shrugged, "I learned it just for the song that Momo sang."

Nayeon widened her eyes, "Really?"

Mina laughed, "No, I'm kidding. I do know how to play the drums but I prefer the guitar."

I've watched from a distance as you made life your own

Every sky was your own kind of blue

And I wanted to know how that would feel

And you made it so real

You showed me something that I couldn't see

You opened my eyes

And you made me believe

The couple's teasing one another while swaying to the song but Mina didn't let the opportunity slide. She started singing along.

You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier, crazier

Feels like I'm falling and I am lost in your eyes

You make me crazier, crazier, crazier, oh

Nayeon smiled before singing the next lyrics 

Baby you showed me what living is for

I don't want to hide anymore

Oh oh

Mina saw that Jeongyeon and Sana were near them so she signaled to Jeongyeon which made the latter nod. 

"You know, I would love to dance with you all night but I guess I'd let other people dance with you.", Mina said as she grabbed one of Nayeon's hands and spun her girlfriend around. Mina and Jeongyeon spun their dates making them switch partners.

"Did you two practice that?", Sana smilingly asked while shaking her head.

Mina laughed, "Is it that obvious?"

Sana nodded, "But it's cute. Anyway, I just realized that we actually look like—"

"Like we're each other's prom dates?", Mina said while laughing which made Sana laugh while nodding. "Yeah, I did notice that your dress and Nayeon's kind of have the same color."

"Tzuyu's wearing the same color too.", Sana said as she pointed towards Tzuyu and Chaeyoung using her lips. Tzuyu's also wearing a light pink dress while Chaeyoung is kind of wearing the same thing as Mina and Jeongyeon. Chaeyoung is wearing a black tuxedo with a light pink bow tie.

Mina looked to where Sana's lips were pointing, "That's cute, the six of us are matching."

And just like what Jeongyeon and Mina did, Mina and Momo changed partners. And it went on until Mina danced with all of Nayeon's friends, and Jihyo. After dancing with the people that Mina wanted to dance with, she went back to their table to rest. Mina can't help but chuckle because her girlfriend is practically not leaving the dance floor. Whenever Nayeon sits down, someone will approach her to ask her to dance. Mina doesn't mind because, at the end of the day, Nayeon's her girlfriend.

After so many songs, Nayeon sat down and she began rejecting people that asked her to dance because she said she's tired and she wants to rest for a bit. "Want to go somewhere?", Mina asked and Nayeon nodded. 

They went to their place. The one where they had their first date but before heading there, they bought food from some fast-food chain's drive-thru. 

Mina saw that Nayeon's having a hard time walking. "I'll remove your heels.", Mina said as she crouched down.

"Why?", Nayeon asked.

"I can see you having a hard time walking, babe. And it's just us here so it's okay.", Mina removed Nayeon's heels and she removed her shoes as well.

The couple looked at the stars while sharing stories. "You know what my favorite constellation is?", Nayeon asked.

"Why do I have a feeling that you'll say your favorite constellation is the moles on my face?"

Nayeon laughed, "That's actually what I was supposed to say."

"Hey.", Mina said, which made Nayeon look at her. Mina stood up and offered her hand to Nayeon which the latter took. Mina took her phone and played a song, she grabbed Nayeon's arms and wrapped it around her neck while she rested her hands on Nayeon's waist.

I found a love for me

Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet

Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes, you're holding mine

They swayed to the sound of the song, looking at each other lovingly. Mina started singing along to the song.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

The song went on and they just continued swaying. Right now, it's just the two of them. Dancing together under the moonlight and millions of stars. It's relaxing. Mina knows this is what Nayeon wanted. Just the two of them with no one interrupting them. Mina can’t help but fall in love with her girlfriend more and more. And it goes both ways, the more Nayeon spends time with Mina, the more she falls for her. The song continues as they sway their bodies to the rhythm of the song. They’re just looking at each other’s eyes lovingly. 

And now, it's Nayeon's turn to sing.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When I saw you in that tux, looking so beautiful

I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Mina smiled, she really loves listening to Nayeon's voice. But she knows that Nayeon will only sing one verse so she continued singing the song after her girlfriend.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

I have faith in what I see

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect

I don't deserve this

You look perfect every day

Little by little, their faces started moving close to each other. Mina looked at Nayeon's eyes before looking at the latter's lips and Nayeon did the same. As their lips were about to meet, Mina and Nayeon's phone rang. "Well, way to ruin the mood.", Mina said as she looked at the caller. It's Jihyo.

Nayeon laughed, "It's Sana, I'm answering the call."

Mina pouted before answering Jihyo's call.

"Where the hell are you?", Jihyo asked a little too loud

"Uh, somewhere? Why?", Mina asked. "You ruined the moment by the way."

If Mina's with Jihyo, she'll see how Jihyo's eyes roll, "Whatever. You're needed here."

"No, bye.", Mina answered before ending the call.

"Okay, so we have to go back.", Nayeon said which made Mina pout again. "Why are you pouting?", Nayeon said while laughing.

Mina raised her eyebrow, "Why do we need to go back?"

Nayeon grabbed Mina's hand, "Well, it looks like prom is boring without the prom queens."

"What?", Mina asked. "Who cares about the—"

Nayeon rolled her eyes, "We're the prom queens."

Mina widened her eyes, "What? No way!"

"Yes, way. Let's go back.", Nayeon said while dragging a pouting Mina with her. "Oh, wait." Nayeon wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's neck, "Where were we before we got interrupted?"

Mina smiled before leaning in. Nayeon's kisses make Mina feel like she's levitating off the ground, she feels like she's floating on air. Mina still feels like her brain short circuits whenever her girlfriend kisses her lips. To Nayeon, Mina's kisses make her feel like there are fireworks glowing inside her. Nayeon feels like her whole body tingles as a wave of warmth builds up from her stomach to her chest.

The sound of their phones ringing made them break the kiss. "Okay, now what?", Mina groaned.

Nayeon laughed before holding her girlfriend's hand, "Let's go, they're waiting for us."

 



 

Songs: 
Grow Old With You - Adam Sandler
Maybe The Night - Ben & Ben
If Eyes Could Speak - Devon Werkheiser
You and Me - Lifehouse
Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran
Crazier - Taylor Swift
Perfect - Ed Sheeran