Like Pieces of a Puzzle

Like Pieces of a Puzzle

 

Like Pieces of a Puzzle
○ click ○

 

              I sighed as I closed the photo album that I was flipping through. I leaned back against the rock and looked around the empty area, taking in the beautiful scenery of the Han River. I enjoyed the silence that helped me get away from society; coming to the Han River helped with that a lot.

              I stood up and gathered all my stuff, putting everything back into my little bag. I took one last glance at the river,  and then I started my journey home. I walked across the bridge, and looked up at the sky, smiling to myself.

              My smile quickly turned into a frown as I heard thunder rumbling, and the sky turning grey. I groaned. I didn’t have an umbrella, so I continued walking, hoping that my house would draw nearer and nearer so I wouldn’t be drenched by the time I got home. Suddenly the rain stopped.

“Eh?” I murmured looking up, and seeing a black jacket accompanied with a familiar face. My co-worker; Dong Young Bae.

“Why are you out in the rain like this?” he asked. I avoided his gaze, and sighed.

“I was just heading home.” I responded.

“How far is your house?” he asked me.

“Young Bae-ssi, what are you thinking?” I asked him.

“I’m just wondering where your house is,” he answered innocently.

“Why?” I asked.

“You ask a lot of questions,” he smiled. “So I can walk you home. I don’t want you walking home in such weather.”

“Gwanghwamun,” I answered.

He stopped walking for a moment, I looked back; “That’s far...” he said.

I smiled; “Then you don’t have to walk me home,”

“Aniya, that means you’re going to get soaked, so you are coming with me,” he stated, then grabbed my hand dragging me in a random direction.

“Y-yah!” I yelled.

              His grip around my hand tightened as he kept walking until he reached a large house. He unlocked the door and dragged me in. He let go of my hand -- a part of me wished her never let go --, and I stood at the door clueless. Young Bae-ssi took his jacket off of my head and handed me a towel.

              Cautiously, I looked at him, and he smiled. He took the towel from me and started drying my hair. I blushed and stopped him; taking the towel into my own hands, I started to dry my own hair. He wandered off into the kitchen, and I just stood there on his welcome mat looking around the house.

              Young Bae-ssi returned about five minutes later with a cup of coffee in his hands. He gave it to me, and lead me over to the couch sitting me down; then he laughed at how awkward I was standing in his house.

“Young Bae-ssi,” I said.

He looked at me; “Hmm?”

“Can I go home now?” I asked. He looked outside. “The rain stopped,”

“It’s dark,” he stated.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“You can’t go home in the dark,” he responded. I laughed quietly.

“Why not?” I questioned.

“Just because I said so,” he answered turning towards me. “I care for my lovely co-worker, and I won’t let her get kidnapped. You can go home tomorrow,”

Flustered, I started to stutter; “B-b-but! Where will I stay?”

He grinned; “My room,”

“WHAT? BUT WON’T YOU BE STAYING IN YOUR ROOM?” I asked, starting to freak out.

“Hmm, yeah.” he answered.

“But! Girl. Guy. Same. Room. WAHHH!!!” I screamed. He laughed.

“I’m kidding, I’ll stay on the couch,” he smiled.

“But it’s your house,” I told him.

His smile turned into a playful smirk as he looked at me; “You complain a lot,”

“YAH!” I yelled, puffing out my cheeks.

“Cutie,” he chuckled, as he pulled out a book from his desk. “I have to do some work, so if you need anything just tell me, alright?”

I nodded. Barely three minutes later, I was murmuring to myself; “It’s cold...”

              It seemed he heard me, because he stood up and came over sitting beside me, saying a quick “Don’t hit me,” before he hugged me. I suddenly felt so warm and comfortable in his arms. To me, it was perfect. Like we were to puzzle pieces destined to be fit together.  Now if only he felt the same...