Fin.

Secret

It was during their second filming for a special Christmas video.

The girls had gathered around in a living room – wearing warm flannel pants along with a matching Christmas theme color sweater.

Winter's eyes never left the leader who she adored a lot. The older girl looked so cute in her outfit. And her cute laugh whenever she or the other members said something funny, Ugh, I should stop myself, before it becomes more obvious.

All the girls' attention was gathered once Karina was handed an iPad to meet their æ-members.

It was when the girls were asked to tell some secrets to MYs.

"Let us each tell a secret to MY" one of the æ-members asked.

"It's a secret, we shouldn't tell it." Winter after reading the wish from her virtual friend said. It's not long until Karina joined her, "this is not good."

Winter took a glance at the older girl and let her mind wandered for any possibilities of some secrets that the older girl has without her knowing.

Maybe.. just maybe.

"Alright girls, let's take turns in telling MYs one of our secrets," Karina spoke.

"Okay!" Giselle and Ningning replied in unison while Winter only nodded her head in agreement.

"Who wants to go first?" Ningning asked.

Usually, things will begin with the leader first. But this time Karina was silent as if silently letting the other girls go first. She was in deep thoughts, thinking about which secret she should tell.

This didn't go unnoticed by the light-blonde girl who had been staring at her, paying attention to anything but the older girl. Well, everyone already knows Winter is whipped for Karina, but for the unending stare from her was kinda new.

Karina, who noticed this took a glance at the younger girl only to be confirmed with her feeling that someone was indeed staring at her.

She gave Winter an awkward smile.

Expecting no one wanted to go first, Winter being the team rescuer, stepped down to spill her secret first. It's nothing serious anyway, just for a show. "Alright! I'll go first."

It didn't slip away from the corner of Winter's eyes when the oldest heaved out a sigh of relief.

 

When everyone had taken their turns to spill their not-so-secretive secrets between them, it's finally Karina's turn to spill hers.

The oldest was having a hard time composing herself.

Karina is well-known to be the scaredy-cat of aespa, who easily gets startled and also jumpy among the members, 'but what is she so nervous about though?' Winter thought.

After each of them told their secrets, especially when Ningning told the members about her secret, it somehow lessened Karina's nervousness a little bit.

"Okay, unnie! Now it's your turn." Winter suddenly spoke, waking the oldest from her train of thoughts.

Just something not so secretive, Karina. It's easy.

"Alright. Honestly, I have a lot of secrets." Karina spoke mindlessly. But not long after, she realized her mistake in picking words and she received a scoff from the second maknae and some whoa and really? From the other two members.

"..What? What?" 

'Stupid mouth. Why did I even say that? Now I'm just fishing out for trouble.' Mentally Karina facepalmed herself. She actually didn't mean it that way but sometimes the way her brain doesn't want to cooperate with , made her spilled whatever inside her mind, unfiltered and unsorted.

As she took a glance at the hamster-like girl, the latter was giving her an upset stare before looking away pretending like it was nothing.

"No no no, you guys already know about these." Karina was in panic mode, "The first one is–"

"Oh, are you letting us choose?" Winter cut off with a question, not giving any glance towards the older girl.

Karina couldn't tell what was running in the younger's mind. It's unreadable. It's whether it's really nothing serious the latter thought, or worse, she was just trying to ignore it while it's actually upsetting her just because they're still on a recording. Will clear things off later.. Hopefully.

Karina nodded answering Winter's question.

"The first one is a secret of my body.." the nervousness was back.

Karina's mind was too occupied with a certain hamster-girl which made her mind couldn't think of any other secrets other than that secret where Winter was the only one who still had no idea about it.

"..I can't think of anything else.. What was it?" Karina was in deep thoughts, while at the same time fidgeting, "okay then let's just go with that one." Putting aside her cowardice, she took a glance at the blonde girl while letting out an awkward chuckle.

Winter responded with a laugh. Was it a fake one? Just for a show?

 

They spent the recording with smiles and laughs. But when she recalled back how Winter talked to her without sparing any glances at her earlier, she didn't feel assured everything was fine with the younger girl. She knows so well how Winter is when she's upset. She never showed it openly, especially when it's just for a small matter. She would just keep it to herself trying not to ruin the harmonious atmosphere in the group just because of her disappointment.

It's something that she needs to take care of, from the younger girl.

 

xx

 

It was night already. Tomorrow the girls will be finally taking their first day off after their nonstop promotions.

Winter was in their shared bedroom, alone. She was laying down on her stomach on her bed with an iPad in her hands – watching some random videos on YouTube. She watched some of their fancams and lives too. Until a certain video caught her eyes.

"EXO KAI & aespa KARINA's touching duet performance from 'Beyond DRIVE' - Theatre"

'Ah, so it's this one.. I haven't watched it yet.'

After hesitating for some time, she finally tapped on the video and watched it.

"Indeed, she's pretty.. She danced beautifully too–" then Winter's breath hitched after the dance got intense with Kai's presence. 

"Oh dang, what is this..? Gosh my eyes I shouldn't watch this–" Winter minimized the video size with the video still playing while her finger ran scrolling on the Home tab to find more interesting videos until Karina's voice made her flinch in surprise.

"Watch what?"

Why didn't I notice her presence? But I'm hoping she didn't see much. She hurriedly locked her iPad screen, afraid of being caught by the older girl for watching her video.

"W-why are you here unnie?" Winter stuttered as she rolled her body around and sat up straight to face the older girl.

Karina, who noticed the way Winter stuttered raised an eyebrow questioningly. She took a glance at the black screen showing on the younger's iPad.

"What were you watching?" Karina laid down on the younger's bed and tried to reach for the iPad casually.

Winter who saw that coming widened her eyes in panic, "No!" Not even letting Karina unlock her iPad, she immediately snatched the iPad back from the older girl then stood up, walking a few steps back from her.

This only made Karina look at her more suspiciously. She stood up as well and came closer to steal a view of the iPad screen, "Winter, what is it?"

"I-It's nothing unnie, really.." Winter shook her head, slowly stepping back preventing the older girl from getting near her.

"You sure you weren't watching something rated or.. ?" Karina pushed further with squinted eyes staring back at the smaller girl.

This time Winter shook her head furiously, "What?! Of course not! Why would I?" Winter dropped her jaw in disbelief. How could she think of me as a ert? I can't believe this.

"Then let me see.." Karina insisted on getting the iPad back.

"No no, no way! Just wait a sec– unnie..please" Winter ducked her head while hugging the iPad close to her chest when Karina tried to take the iPad away. This is embarrassing.. I need to get rid of the history first but why is she so demanding and can't trust me on this one ugh

"So you're hiding something from me huh.. Haha, okay, that's okay. I won't pry anymore." Then Karina stepped back and laid down on her own bed and played with her phone instead.

This looked like the older girl was sulking from Winter's point of view. Winter snorted, "Okay fine, here." After dropping the iPad on Karina's bed, Winter went out of their shared bedroom, looking totally upset. She didn't even bother to close the door properly.

Karina was puzzled.

She didn't expect the younger to act this way. Why is she so mad though? Did I do something wrong?

She was having a battle with herself whether to fulfill her curiosity or run after the other girl. Wasting a good amount of time thinking while looking back and forth to the iPad and the half-closed door, she put aside the iPad and ran after Winter.

Winter was nowhere in the living room nor kitchen or any other open areas. Karina asked Giselle who was sitting in the living room watching a random tv show while munching some snacks.

"Giselle, did you see Winter?"

Hearing Winter's name being mentioned, Giselle wiped her head towards the standing girl. "Winter? She went out. She told me she wanted to buy something."

"Did she tell you where to?"

Feeling bad, Giselle shook her head. "Did you guys fight? She looked upset."

Karina sighed. "I don't know. Probably I annoyed the hell out of her. I gotta find her, Giselle. Please look after Ningning."

"Sure." 

"And oh, please call me if she's back." Giselle nodded while at the same time giving the good luck! look.

 

xx

 

"Aish, where is this girl.." while walking under the dim lights coming from the street lamps, Karina tried to dial the younger's phone number only to be picked up by Ningning.

She tried to think of the possible places Winter might visit. Park maybe? She often visits the park for fresh air.

Then Karina jogged to the nearest park around the neighborhood. She couldn't find Winter.

Karina was getting worried. 

She aimlessly walked, not realizing it's leading her to a nearby convenience store. Maybe she really went to the conveni

As the light from the convenience store began illuminating her pathway in front of her, she could see a familiar small figure walking in her direction.

"... Winter?" Karina called.

Hearing her name being called by the familiar voice, Winter stopped in her tracks. But she decided to continue walking, passing the taller girl.

"Yayaya.. Wait.." Karina grabbed the latter's hand.

It was obvious the younger girl was sulking and trying to ignore her presence. But after getting a hold of the latter's hand, she noticed the chocolate bar in her grip.

She looks cute.

"What? Do you want to take this away?" Winter showed off the half-eaten chocolate bar in front of the older girl after realizing where Karina's eyes traveled to.

She knew Karina was prohibiting her to eat too much chocolate lately, especially when she often easily gets sick just because she didn't eat enough healthy meals.

Instead of answering her question, she retorted back. "Why didn't you tell me you went out?" Karina crossed her arms after releasing her hand.

"It's just to a convenience store.."

"Still, you needed to get my permission first or at least let me know."

"It's not even taking a lot of time.. I'm on my way home already" Winter argued back. "What's the big deal?"

Karina was stunned. She totally didn't expect that from the younger girl. "That's not how you answer me," she frowned.

"Then how do you want me to answer?"

Not getting any response, Winter decided to go home, "Will you excuse me, unnie?" 

But not before the younger walked past her, Karina grabbed her arm again this time.

"Why are you being like this, Minjeong?" A hurt expression was visible on her face.

"I told you, it's nothing unnie.." don't make it harder, please.

"If it's because of earlier, then I'm sorry. I won't pry anymore if you don't want me to know."

That's it. "Don't make it like it's my fault only for keeping things from each other unnie! I know you're hiding something from me too right? Tell me if you're not." Winter lashed out. She stared at the older girl for an answer.

This silenced Karina. Her deepest secret that Winter was the only one that still doesn't know. Somehow it made her feel guilty.

Now lying from the younger would only make things worse, but at the same time revealing her dark secret wasn't a good choice either. She could lose her Minjeong in both ways.

The silence made Winter understand the situation. "See? Seems like you're hiding something from me too unnie. What happened to our 'let's not hide anything from each other' thing?" Winter looked away. "I thought it was just me over-thinking.. But no wonder you looked so nervous back then during the recording." Winter took a glance at the older girl who's now having her head down.

"That's okay Jimin unnie, I won't pry anymore too if you don't want me to know." It was the last thing Winter said before walking away.

The sound of the footsteps woke her up from her daze.

It's now or never, Jimin.

"I like you Kim Minjeong." Karina didn't turn around. She was too afraid to meet the latter's eyes or for any possibly judging looks from the younger.

But hearing Winter stopped in her tracks, relieved her. At least I don't need to repeat myself.

"..what did you say, unnie?"

How much Karina wanted to bury herself now. She felt ashamed of herself for liking her own groupmate.

It's so wrong of her. But the feelings just didn't want to stop. More with her unending affections from the younger girl. Now she had no idea what would happen next. Without her realizing it, tears were already rolling down from her beautiful eyes, staining her cheeks.

She didn't say anything, nor turn around. She just brought her hands to cover her small face. She's afraid the younger could hear her muffled sobs. And the last thing she wanted is for Winter to see her crying.

It's when Winter's footsteps were heard getting closer to her. Until she felt the younger encircled her arms around her waist.

"Can you please repeat it once again, unnie?" Winter leaned her head on her shoulder, back-hugging her.

"M-Minjeong.." nervously Karina brought down her hands.

"Please.." 

"I-I.." Karina took a deep breath before continuing, "..I like you."

After repeating herself, she felt the younger's hug loosened. She brought back her palms to cover her face again, expecting a rejection. But she felt Winter moved to stand in front of her now and pulled down her hands from covering her face. Karina decided to open her eyes slowly after feeling Winter's thumbs wiping away the remaining tears from her cheeks.

"So is this the secret all about?" Winter smiled. A sincere smile this time.

Karina nodded and looked away. "I'm sorry, Min–"

Not being able to finish her words, Winter already grabbed both of her head sides, bringing it close to her, and crashed their lips together.

Karina widened her eyes in surprise. But soon after she gave in and responded to the kiss.

It was after a few seconds when Winter pulled away – looking at the taller girl. She thought the older girl needed some explanation from her. 

"No need to be sorry, unnie.. I like you too." Not letting the older girl replied, Winter, hugged her.

xx

They were on their way home to their dorm with 2 bags of snacks in Karina's hands.

After letting Giselle and Ningning know through their group chat that she already found Winter, they asked the couple to buy some snacks on their way home as they're running out of them in the dorm.

With Winter clinging onto the older girl's arm, Karina smiled and shifted one of the bags to the other to be carried all together in one hand. She draped her free hand on the younger's shoulder – bringing her closer.

"So now, tell me what did you hide in your iPad for me not to see earlier?" She looked over her shoulder.

"So you haven't seen it?"

Karina nodded. "Yeah, I ran after you immediately."

"You can check it by yourself later." Felling a sudden blush crept up on her cheeks, looking away from the older girl, Winter replied.

She still felt embarrassed about it.

"Fine, I'll check it later, but you will need to be there with me when I check it."

"Unnie!"

Karina giggled when Winter sulked once again.

 

xx

 

They both were in their shared bedroom while the other two members were out in the living room now doing a movie marathon this time while munching on the snacks they bought earlier. Ningning, who previously was taking a shower joined Giselle in the living room soon after.

"Now you show me." Karina gave the iPad that was on her bed to Winter.

Winter dropped her jaw in disbelief, "No! I already told you, you find it by yourself unnie." as Winter was about to jump on her bed, Karina held her wrist. "Winter Kim Minjeong.."

Not with the full name again juseyo..

"Fine, fine.. Please don't say anything about it after that." Winter took the iPad.

Karina nodded.

"You promise me, okay?"

"Whatever. Come on, show it to me."

After exhaling deeply, Winter ran her finger to unlock her iPad then opened the YouTube app. She tapped on the history tab and once again tapped on the previous video that she disliked a lot.

Probably that's the first and last time for me to watch it.

She handed the iPad back to the older girl when the video started playing. She then laid down on her own bed – hiding under the blanket.

When Karina finally got a view of the playing video in the iPad, she burst out laughing after the realization came to hit her.

"It can't be… that you're jealous right?" Karina walked closer to the younger girl only to receive a flying pillow straight onto her face from the younger girl. "I told you not to say anything!" 

Still, Karina went to hug her "My baby chick~ come here~"