End

Ghost

Seungri woke up to the sounds of someone knocking on his windows again. 

As usual, there was no one. 

Once, this used to freak him out. 

But now he simply turned his face to the window and greeted whatever lived in his home, "Good morning, are you well?"

The knocking would stop then and Seungri would lay back down to sleep as it was still dawn. 

 

When he woke up in the morning, preparing tea and cookies for himself, he looked at the large portrait of a royal man in his room. 

The house once belonged to a prince whose name he still didn't know. 

He wondered if he moved the large portrait, would he find it behind it?

But it was massive. He feared losing his life to a silly accident than knowing the name of the ghost that lived in his house. 

This went on for a while until he started dating someone and he came to his house. 

Daesung was screaming the first night in his house and left immediately. 

The ghost had not just knocked, but also scratched against the windows. Even throwing around things in the kitchen.

Seungri had enough. 

He sat in the hall, facing the protrait with arms crossed over his chest. 

"If you do that again, I will leave the house." He announces outloud. 

Silence. 

He expected it. 

But then, there was a whisper in a distance. 

He couldn't make out what it said so he says, "I don't need your explanation. If you do that again, I will cleanse the house." 

Silence. 

He gets up and leaves home for work. 

 

 

It had been a full month since that incident and Seungri lived his life as normal. 

The ghost had completely stopped. Nothing was happening. Even the knockings were gone. 

Then one day, Daesung told him of about his friend Youngbae and how he was interested in using an Oujia board here. 

"And I'm assuming you will not come with him?" Seungri questions him with sarcasm. 

"N-no! I will come! We are three people!" The other answered and he simply rolled his eyes. 

Being in a haunted house was something else, but being an attraction for the ghost fanatics was not! 

 

 

Youngbae was a nice man. He spoke respectully and asked for permission to set up the Oujia in the living room where the portrait was.

He immediately propped up the candles and lit them before placing the Oujia board in the middle. It was exactly 4AM, the time the knockings took place. 

As they held hands and placed their free hands fingers on the oujia board, Seungri was the first one to ask. 

"What is your name?" 

The fingers remained in place, but then Daesungs' face went white when their fingers collectively moved to the letters. 

"Kwon Jiyong?" Youngbaes' brows furrowed, "Wasn't he some prince?"

"Yes." Seungri answered, suddenly feeling like a personal connection was being made with whatever was at his home. 

"Are you okay with us questioning you?" Youngbae asked and their fingers moved again over the board. "Oh, he answered no..." 

"Well, I guess that does it!" Daesung said with a nervous laughter, "We can wrap it up now."

"Do you prefer if just one of us speaks to you?" Youngbae went on, ignoring the panicked one among them. His brows lifted when their fingers move to the answer, "Yes? Who?" 

Everyone waited anxiously as their fingers remained in place. Then, they were slowly moving again, forming the answer. 

"Seungri!?" Daesung and Youngbae shouted in unison. 

"It is my house afterall why did you think this guy will be okay with newbies?" The said man answered with a cocky tone. He was enjoying this!

"Well? You better ask him something." Youngbae insisted. 

"Do you like me?" Seungri asked. He asked it for humour purposes but was surprised when the answer turned out to be a yes. 

"Wow ok I guess we are done here. Interacting any more will not be good for you." Youngbae said as he tried to blow out the candles, but a cool air whipped around them and instantly they were thrown into darkness.

There was lots of screaming, but Seungri had remained calm. 

Because, he saw someone standing near the portrait. 

It was too dim, but the moon's light helped. 

He got up and went closer. He doesn't know what came over him, but his feet led him to the silhouette of a man near the portrait. 

He was a few feet away from him, he should be terrified because can see the blue skin, the reflection of the moon on empty eyes and a mouth pulled into a frown. 

He reached out a hand and the man before him, Jiyong, mirrored his movement. 

Their hands touched and the mans' cold skin sent shivers down his spine. 

Yet, nothing could prepare him for what happened next as the ghost of Jiyong stepped forward and kissed him, intertwining their hands. 

Seungri felt as if he was about to faint out of the weakness he felt in his body after the other pulled away, but now he could see the other very clearly. 

Jiyong was smiling. 

"Thank you, Seungri." He said, before disappearing into thin air. 

 

 

The next few days were busy with Seungri calling up the best spiritual experts and asking them about his house. 

He found one who visited and examined his home. 

"The prince spirit is gone because you fulfilled his wish." She said. 

"What was his wish?" He asked the woman who kept staring at the large portrait. 

"To not be alone in his last moments. It seems he died alone and so his spirit remained until you came and communicated with him. He found his peace in you and decided to pass away." 

Seungri stood stunned. 

"So he will never return?" 

"No."

It should make him happy, but he found himself feeling too alone in the house now.

 

 

A few years pass and Seungri falls ill. 

Daesung takes care of him, but still refuses to stay the nights. 

As he lays alone in his bed and awaits the inevitable, he hears a knock on his window. 

It makes him pause, not believing his ears in his weakened state. 

But the knocks come again and he looks up. 

Jiyong stood there, in the same clothes as his portrait. 

Seungri reached out to him, as if he had always done this and the other reached out as well, his hands and skin full of colour as he smiled down at him. 

The minute their hands touched, he felt light, as if all his sickness had left his body. He gets up and falls into the princes' arms. 

No words are spoken between them as they smile at each other and leave through the windows, making their way through the skies, their feet landing on the clouds and the stars. 

They kiss while sitting on the curve of the crescent moon.

That's when Seungri finally speaks, 

"Thank you, Jiyong."