S.E.A. 2

Secret Endearing Actions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plopping into his seat minutes ago, Se Chan had been fidgeting about his seat. His hands were fumbling with his phone, lips tightly pressed into a fine line in a grimace. Scanning the room, for the umpteenth time, he was crestfallen when he failed to spot his same-aged friend.

 

Where is she? Didn’t she say that she had arrived? Then, where is she? 

 

Bombarded by the options that he had, he sighed. Should he text her on her whereabouts or leave the room to find her? Maybe he should shrug it off and get his stylist over to prepare himself for the awards show?

 

Caught in a tight wrestling match against his indecision, his brows were wrinkled. Indecision wasn’t a part of him usually, yet he was lost in his trance of debating thoughts. Ironically, for once, that was the best choice he had ever made as he spotted the target of his search.

 

T-thump, t-thump, t-thump…

 

Mesmerised by her beauty, the deafening echoing of his heartbeat wailed. His lips were gaping at the breath-taking sight – causing his mouth to be more protruded than usual. Her semi-revealing gown compliments her distinctive shoulders and her milky legs, elaborating her dormant elegance.

 

His chest tightened, adding pressure on his ribcage causing him difficulty breathing. Inhaling air through his nostrils to keep his composure, his heart accelerated exponentially.  

 

Omo, she’s so pretty today…

 

“Then, tell her that!”

 

Turning to the owner of the voice, Se Chan frowned. His eyes were radiating suggestiveness and a smug smile was hung on his face. Just as he was about to chide the older man, who shamelessly took the chance to , it dawned upon the younger man that he had spoken his thoughts aloud.

 

“You better make your move on her today!” Dong Hoon urged with no intention to keep this matter private. 

 

“Hyung!” Se Chan whined.

 

Instead, he fidgeted in his seat to conceal his flushed cheeks from the older man. Yet, his negligence to guard his eyes caught contact with the alluring eyes of Jeon So Min. 

 

“Se Chan, you’re finally here!” She beamed after skipping across the room for him.

 

Smitten by her beauty, Se Chan surrendered with the exposure of his pink healthy gums for all to see. The list of the audience included the front seat audience – the stunning beauty herself, and Se Chan couldn’t hide his embarrassment.

 

“Se Chan-ah!” 

 

“Today is your day!” Dong Hoon waved his custom-made mask in the air.

 

What is Hyung trying to do?! So Min is here for goodness sake!

 

“For?”

 

Tilting her head as she blinked in confusion, So Min was adorable! But that wasn’t his priority – he daggered his eyes at the older man.

 

Gulping a lump of saliva down his throat, Dong Hoon elaborated, “It’s finally Se Chan day to look good! Look at him! This is his chance!”

 

Nodding, Se Chan eyes laid on So Min.

 

“Ah… You’re talking about the mask?”

 

“Yeah,” Dong Hoon nodded, “Isn't it such a marvellous help from the staff for Se Chan to be more handsome? With the mask, he can boldly ask any girl of his choice out!’

 

“Hyung!” Se Chan scorned, rolling his eyes at the older man in annoyance.

 

“So Min, you have to trust me for this! What about you asking Se Chan to try on his mask?” Dong Hoon persuaded.

 

“Really? Then, Se Chan, can you try on your mask! I want to see how you look in it!”

 

“Now?” 

 

Blinking his eyes several times at the sudden request, she nodded her head vigorously. She was beaming from ear to ear. Not wanting to be an enthusiasm extinguisher, Se Chan willingly put on his new mask despite the new mask’s odour. 

 

“Omo! Se Chan! Dong Hoon oppa is right! You’re so handsome!” Her eyes folded into crescents as she put her hands together – clapping like a joyous seal.  

 

Like striking a matchstick along the surface of the matchbox, he was blazed by her alluring smile. Barely recovering from the attack, only to find her enticing gaze on his. If he’s a fuse, his insides would have melted completely. The girl before him simply had no idea that her actions were lethal to him. 

 

“O-oh?” 

 

What a stutterer you’ve become! He frowned upon his incapability of being the fluent communicator that he tended to be. Yet, he had to detangle his nerves before pulling his courage to speak. 

 

“Of course!” She insisted as she turned Se Chan’s rotatable seat for him to face the mirror.

 

“I’m right, isn’t it?” She boasted.

 

Staring at the image in the mirror with smiling eyes, he nodded. He wouldn’t say that he’s handsome but rather, he looked good. Although the shape of his distinctive protruding mouth was still visible, it wasn’t as protruding as it usually is. 

 

With his eyes set on the mask, he was beyond satisfied. The mask had brought him many benefits that he never knew that he had needed. Not only would the mask get to conceal the show-catching gums that would accidentally betray him when he’s excited, he even got complimented by the woman that he liked for being handsome.

 

“What about you? Try yours on too!” 

 

“Should I?”

 

“Of course, you should know what you look like in it!” 

 

“It looks funny on me!” So Min giggled at the sight of herself in the mask.

 

“No,” Se Chan shook his head, being a little braver with his gums well hidden behind the mask, he stared at her through the mirror, “So Min, you’re so pretty…”

 

That moment their gazes were met through the mirror’s image, intensive electrifying waves cut through the stagnant air. Blood was rushing to his cheeks, yet he decided to persevere.

 

A victorious smile of satisfaction was written on his face when So Min averted her gaze from him. Yet, his smile fell when she turned away from him. Wasn’t the feeling mutual? Maybe it wasn’t, maybe it was just him…

 

Moments later, his gums were freed from his lips but luckily contained by the mask. With her phone in her hand, they took various photos of themselves with their masks on from mirror shots to a series of selfies. Se Chan wanted to send gratitude to the person who suggested the witty idea of the custom-made masks. It may save him from a load of embarrassing moments later that day, especially when he’s with So Min – his partner for an award presentation later in the evening.

 

“Now, should we take a few photos without our masks?” So Min suggested.

 

Se Chan sealing his lips together to conceal his gums from fleeing to the spotlight, he nodded. With that, another series of photographs were taken – just the two of them. Isn’t that such a pretty photograph of a couple? Wait, we’re just friends… 

 

“Do you want to rehearse our script now?”

 

“But you have to make time to get yourself dressed up too!” She reminded.

 

“I’ll remember!”

 

“So… How do we start?” She asked.

 

“First thing first, let’s split our lines. Do you want to be the one to come up with the three-letter acrostic poem that I had prepared for the show?”

 

“I’ve seen the script and I didn’t think you were serious about that? Isn’t such a thing unsuitable for this type of ceremony?” So Min gasped with her widened eyes. 

 

“I want to lighten the mood in a critical time like this. Do you want to bring up the mention of the acrostic poem?”

 

Reluctantly, So Min nodded, in which Se Chan questioned, “Hmm? What is it?”

 

“B-But… I mean but, what if I failed to nail the mention of it?” So Min stammered.

 

“Ah…” Se Chan understood that compared to himself, So Min had lesser exposure on live shows and stage experiences, “Would it help if we switch our roles instead?”

 

If it wasn’t to impress So Min, he wouldn’t be bothered to try so hard for an award show. But getting the opportunity to text So Min more, he created a three-letter acrostic poem for one of the awards that they would present.

 

“You mean, you’ll be mentioning the acrostic poem instead?” So Min’s eyes were glistening with a ray of hope.

 

“Yeah, but you would have to say the poem!”

 

“Isn’t that your idea? How can I take your credit for it?”

 

So Min’s question caught Se Chan surprised at himself. To someone who isn’t that selfless, he tended to be mindful to take the credit for his ideas. However, he doesn’t seem to mind at all when it comes to So Min.

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter,” He assured, “I can’t be the only person talking to myself as if I’m two different people when you’re then, can I?”

 

“Then, can I not present the award?” So Min questioned.

 

“You know what’s the answer to your question.”

 

Pressing her lips tightly, she pouted, “Aigoo… I’ll memorise the acrostic poem then!”

 

“Great!” He grinned, exposing his gums.

 

“Which award is the acrostic poem based on?”

 

“Best Entertainer Award.”

 

“How does it go about?”

 

“Watch and learn, okay?”

 

“Be,” So Min prompted.

 

“A programme that made people laugh.”

 

“S,” 

 

“SBS Signature program.”

 

“T,”

 

“Trendy Running Man!” Se Chan exclaimed as he instinctively moved his arms and legs to do the Running Man pose.

 

She hid her face behind her palms, “Wah… It’s so tough!”

 

“What’s tough?”

 

“The combination of the acrostic poem and this pose! It’s just so embarrassing!” So Min complained.

 

“Then, I’ll do the pose with you. How does that sound?”

 

“Okay! Then, I’ll do it!” She agreed instantly.

 

“Awesome!”

 

When he first heard that he was paired to present awards with So Min, he was ecstatic. His mind was bombarded with ideas on how to impress the lady he desired. He wanted to experience more with her, so to spend more time with her. 

 

And now, he just wanted to enjoy the evening with her being award presenters and Running Man’s smokescreen couple. He’s envious of the Running Man’s secret couple – with hopes that one day, he’ll be able to be like them.

 

 

 

By n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter