fin.

I'm Fine
Please log in to read the full chapter

"911? Yes, I’d like to report a loser."

Yeon rolled her eyes upon hearing her sister's voice as she appeared on the rooftop and joined her for their lunch break.

"I see you're still a loner." Seul commented playfully.

Yeon rolled her eyes again, but this time her lips quirk up, amused.

"I need to get away from them. It's too noisy and they gossip too much. Can't eat in peace at all or in general."

"Tell me about."

Seul cast her sister a cheeky look.

"I heard you have a little daughter now." Seul mused as Yeon scoffed.

"Even when Jangmi corrected them. I swear, people really don't listen."

"Very true. I do agree with that. They really don't listen."

"Selective hearing like you."

"Yeah, but I listen even though I hear."

The sisters ate their meal in silence until Yeon broke it.

"How do you feel about becoming a big sister?"

"It's weird to be honest. Like they're gonna grow up with Jangmi and around the same age, but in actuality she's their niece. Anyways, I can't believe Sanghee's pregnant, too."

"I know right. I thought I only had to deal with you, but now I have to deal with two more and one from each sides."

"For real. And oh, don't forget that Dad and Sanghee are planning on having a wedding soon, too."

"Ugh. Like, we're all grown up, yet we still have to deal with our parents' bull."

Yeon then remembered something.

"By the way, how'd it go with your lawyer?"

Seul released an annoyed sigh.

"I'm so happy to have someone like Hyejeong helping me out because Seokwon's being difficult like always. He still wants parental rights. Still wants visitation rights. Yet, when he did have those rights in the beginning he didn't even want to spend time with Jangmi. He does all of this so that I would go back to him."

"Ugh, what a douche. Well, I'm just glad y'all never actually tied the knot though."

"Me, too. I just wished I noticed how he was before, but then again Jangmi wouldn't be here."

"True. She's the only good thing that came out of all that."

"Yes she is. Anyways, Hyejeong's working on some things and told me that this will settled everything and Seokwon will not be able to bother me or Jangmi and relations ever again."

"Good. Because he didn't learn the first time when it actually got physical."

Seul laughed.

"I'm sure he did because he harasses me whenever you're not around."

Yeon smirked.

"Good then."

A few seconds later Yeon groaned upon her alarm going off signaling that her lunch break was almost up.

"What's that?" Seul asked.

"I gotta get back to work."

"Wow, so responsible."

"Oh, you're funny. Not."

Yeon stood up.

"I'll see you at home, yeah?"

"Yeah. I'm picking up Jangmi at Yuna and we're gonna do some grocery shopping."

"What for?"

"I got picked to bake a cake for a co-worker's birthday."

"Ohh, nice. Buy some of those cookie brownie ones, too."

"What are you, three?"

"Yes. Anyways, later."

"Later."

"I wish people would double check their things before claiming them as work expenses when they're clearly not." Yeon muttered as she headed to speak with the person she was indirectly talking about.

When Yeon arrived on the floor of Public Relations she noticed that it was real quiet except for an older man muttering loudly in frustration. He was pacing in a circle around the center of the office as the others stayed seemingly busy and avoided all eye-contact with the older man. Yeon paid no mind to the man and went up to another worker.

"Hi. Could you tell me where I can speak with a Hyungsoo Kim, please?"

The worker tentatively pointed towards the man in the center before typing on his computer again. Yeon inwardly groaned at the fact that it of course would be him of all people.

"Thank you."

Yeon thanked the male before straightening herself up and psyching herself to go ahead and get this thing done and over with.

"Hello, Mr. Kim." Yeon greeted Hyungsoo as the male stopped pacing and stared at her.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Yeon Lee from Accounting and I-"

"I asked for Sangyeon Lee. Not you."

"Yes, I'm very aware of that, but Mr. Lee had as-"

"I don't care what you're aware of. I specifically asked for Sangyeon to talk to me about my expenses as him and I have been doing this for some time now. Not some woman who doesn't know my history with the company."

Yeon took a steady breath before giving Hyungsoo a steady gaze.

"Mr. Lee specifically asked me to handle your case and I've looked through your past records to identify any inconsistency that you may have made upon filing your expenses over the years."

"I highly doubt so." Hyungsoo dismissed her claims as he waved down another worker.

"Uh, yes, Mr. Kim?" A young woman asked upon being abruptly stopped.

"Make a call to Sangyeon in Accounting of CRE.KERZ and have him meet me now."

The young woman looked between Hyungsoo and Yeon before being yelled at by Hyungsoo to do as she was told. She ran off to do as told.

"Excuse me, but you do not yell at your fellow colleagues like that." Yeon informed him with a firm tone. "And I'm here to discuss your past expenses for this first half of the year with you whether you like it or not."

Hyungsoo cast her a bored look.

"I don't have to discuss anything with you. You're a woman and I don't appreciate Sangyeon leaving it to you in the first place when I asked him to review my expenses."

Yeon could not believe the words coming out of this man. She didn't back down.

"Whether you appreciate it or not, but you cannot dismiss me because of my gender." She reasoned as Hyungsoo scoffed.

"I can do whatever I like."

For some reason Yeon recalled her sister's words and used it towards him.

"911? Yes, I’d like to report a loser."

Hyungsoo narrowed his eyes at her.

"I'm not a loser. I am the greatest man and worker here. You're not above me and not even a part of this department. So why don't you take your womanly self and go shop or something."

"I may not be in the same position as you nor a part of the Department of Public Relations, but I am a part of the Department of Accounting and it is my job to make sure that all expenses being filed can be claimed as work-related or not."

Hyungsoo really was not making it easy and continued to dismiss Yeon while making a shooing motion.

"Just get out of here. I'm done talking to people like you that can't take a hint."

Yeon scoffed.

"Well, sir, it's not my fault that you're an idiot and can't comprehend the words that I'm basically informing you about."

Soon after those words had left Yeon's mouth was there a loud sound of a smack. Hyungsoo had backhanded Yeon to the right side of her face as everyone gasped in shock of what had occurred. Yeon stumbled back upon the unexpected reaction from Hyungsoo while cradling her cheek.

"How dare yo-"

Yeon interrupted him right away with a dark stare.

"No!"

She pointed her index finger at him while walking right up to him.

"Not how dare I! It's how dare you smack one of your colleagues to justify your frustration. How dare you, Hyungsoo Kim!"

Yeon invaded his space making Hyungsoo back up as each word fell from her lips while everyone watched the interaction between them.

"You never, ever, put your hands on another person. Never ever should you do such a thing. Whether it's a male or female. You never lay a hand on them to vent out your anger at something you don't agree with." Yeon continued to reprimand him as her anger continued to rise.

"Is this how you treat others here? Have you been abusing your power to satisfy your own needs?"

Hyungsoo glared down at Yeon as he huffed and puffed.

"Why does it matter to you?" I've been here way longer than you. What right do you have to question me about my position and expenses?"

He swe

Please log in to read the full chapter