Breakup

Breakup

He silently walks in her room without knocking.

If this was any other friendship, she would have been offended by the lack of respect, but it wasn't. They've seen each other at their worst and shared countless secrets and inside jokes. After all, they've grown up together.

The blinds are shut and she's buried under a pile of blankets and pillows as she clutches her controller, furiously playing whatever game that was. As he walks in, he can't help but notice there's no ice cream or used box of tissues next to her. Nothing like the numerous situations he had playing in his head as he spent the past ten minutes running to her house. He can't help but smile for a second despite his complete lack of breath. Of course Jisoo wouldn't be crying her eyes out despite everything that's happened in the past couple days. It just wasn't in her nature. 

She sighed as her character died on the screen. "You're horrible at this game," Jinyoung walks over to her, nudging her to scoot over before joining her under the covers. Her legs instinctly move to rest on top of his, her head falling onto his shoulder as she pauses her game. She looks up to him tiredly and he can't help but note how gorgeous she looks despite just going through a breakup; her eyes weren't even a tiny bit red.

"Why're you here?" He gives her a funny look.

"Why else? I came because I was worried about you," he smiles in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Jisoo shrugs, her head still on his shoulder despite her obvious sour mood. She's restarted her game, fingers skimming lazily over the controls as she attempts to refocus on the shooting. "Why are you worried? Last time I checked, you didn't even want to talk to me. And besides, I'm fine." Which is true. In his defense, when you're helplessly in love with your best friend, you can't really bear looking at her all lovey dovey with another guy. After Jisoo had gotten a boyfriend, he began distancing himself from her, afraid he might be disrupting her relationship and most of all, he was hurt. Every time he saw them, it felt like his heart was being torn out of his body and ripped to shreds.

"No, you're not." Jinyoung frowns, snatching the controller from her, despite her protests. "Your boyfriend of two an a half years just cheated on you. I wouldn't consider that fine," he scoffed.

Jisoo frowns at that, and he can't tell if it's because he took her controller away or if she's annoyed that he just exposed her. "I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much. Besides, I had a feeling we were gonna break up anyways. Suho cheating was just a catalyst to everything I guess."

Jinyoung's heart leaps for a second when Jisoo mentions that she didn't want to stay with Suho, before he regains his composure. You're supposed to be comforting her you idiot. This is Jisoo, his best friend since as long as he can remember. He's supposed to be her friend, maybe even a brotherly figure. He just needs to forget these feelings for her and move on. But he can't. "That's the stupidest thing you've ever said. You can't possibly be okay with the fact that he hooked up with another girl while you two were still together."

Jisoo's silent for a moment, the only noise in the room was the gunshots emitting from the TV. "Do you wanna know why he did it?" she finally asks, eyes still trained on the screen. She doesn't even bother to look at him, doesn't really do anything except continue playing, her head still resting on his shoulder.

"Sure," Jinyoung's voice is barely above a whisper as he stares at her face, illuminated by the TV, mesmerized by her beauty. Despite not wearing any makeup, she still looks like an angel. It's awkward, so awkward between the two, and he wishes they could just rewind back to three years ago, when there was no Suho and no drama and everything was okay.

"It was because of you," Jisoo laughs bitterly.

Jinyoung's throat is dry as he speaks, "What? We didn't do anything!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Jisoo smile a tiny bit. "Of course we didn't. But I guess I just kept on mentioning your name whenever Suho and I hung out. Which, now that I look back at it, I do admit I brought you up one too many times." Jinyoung can't help but smile victoriously as he concentrates on the game.

"So you're telling me that he cheated on you because you mentioned another guy in front of him? That douchebag," he growled.

"Yeah, I guess. I asked him how long he'd been cheating on me. And he said two months. After you left, I couldn't stand not having some support, that pillar in my life. Honestly serves me right for continuing to date some guy I lost feelings for when you were obviously right there and-"

She's cut off by Jinyoung kissing her, reaching forward and stopping the flow of words with his lips, and she can't resist any longer and so she kisses him back, not caring that one of her roommates could walk in at any moment. It's rushed and a little messy, but it's enough to get her dizzy, the way his lips move against hers and how he softly nibbles on her bottom lip. Jinyoung pulls away first, both of them panting and staring at each other as they realize that they've just kissed and this changes everything between them.

Jisoo frowns for a moment, and Jinyoung's heart drops because he's so afraid right now, afraid of rejection, afraid of losing her, and then she speaks, circling her arms around his neck, pulling him closer, "You never let me finish my sentence." And she pulls him back to her lips.