The Right One

The Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" sana " mina whispers " push it in "

" im trying"  sana whispers back , nervous and feeling her heart picking up speed as she adjusts her hand.

Sana would have never imagined that they would be doing this , much less in the girls locker room. They were late to gym class and they both knew it. Taking this time as an opportunity, as planned but sanas job was harder than minas, all mina had to do was stand there and look pretty. While sana had to do everything. So here she was trying to do as planned, but her heads alittle messy and distracted.

" hurry, before someone sees! "

" i cant its a tight fit! "

" what do you mean its a tight fit?!, push it in"
And sana tries , she really did.

" its too thick!. Just... let me try to .. nope. It wont go in"
Sana sighs, this was a simple job. All she had to do was push it in and then get out.

" force it in!"  Mina raises her voice and sana had to shush her. They really needed to be quiet .

" youre gonna get us caught!.  Shut up!"

" force. it .in "  mina glares at her.

" its gonna tear, and im telling you . If it does.. " sana glares back with a warning and mina softens

Just when mina was about to apologize they hear a familiar voice heading their way . In a panic , sana tries to pull the thick letter out of the locker's vent holes or whatever you call it but it gets stuck .

They both look at each other with wide eyes as the humming gets closer.

Sanas cursing in her head and decides to just pull it out even if the letter tears.. and it does tear but she wasnt going to tell mina that. Atleast not right now. There was literally no time to think , so she pulls  mina and they tip toe their way around the lockers to avoid that specific human being.

" wheres the letter? " mina ask as they close the door to an empty classroom .

Gulping,  Sana bites her lip before slowly bringing out the letter she hiden inside her sweatshirt or whats remaining of the letter. Mina facepalms.

" it was your idea to put that damn candy along with the letter, and because of that the letter wont fit and because of you , she got half of the letter and that damn candy"

" oh so you want to play the blame game huh? Okay then " sana clears and glares at mina "  Its your fault you didnt have the guts to just give it to her on your own and its your fault you recruited me to do this job with you in the first place and excuse me for trying to make a good gesture out of it , just because she likes that damn candy" 

The glaring has intensified , arms crossed and unblinking eyes. Mina looks away first , tone softens as she ask

" how did you even know its her favourite? "

" ive seen her bring that to school and munching on it. I mean she brings alot of different types, but she shares them , this one she doesnt. Thats how i really knew"  sana answers just as soft

Mina nods  and takes a step towards sana , arms opening wide and an apologetic look on her face. Sana sighs before stepping into minas space. Arms wrapped around each other.

" ill place half of the letter into her locker by the end of the day , you dont have to worry . In and out right? "

" in and out"


--------

" did she even read it? , she got the full letter right?"

" ofcourse , and it would be impossible if she didnt.
I mean we know she got the first half.. but the second half , im not even sure. I mean i did put the second half in ,like i said i would...  Did she not tell you about it? "

" no she didnt "

" maybe you should just tell her "

" tell me what? "  sana and mina jumps , gulping before turning around to face the intruder

" that youre very pretty  " sana blurts out, abit too loud and mina nods abit too fast .

" why thank you "  the girl gives them a bunny toothed smile before taking out a packet of candy and plopping it into .

Sana elbows mina , a silent indication the she did infact get the candy.

" someone left this in my locker, that person definitely got it right for once.. This " the bunny toothed girl shakes the small packet of candy in her hand " this is just what i needed"

" and the letter? " 

" i dont think i mentioned a letter"  the girl lifts an eyebrow

"Im assuming someone who would put candy in your locker would also put a note or something." sana immediately responded hoping the girl infront of her would buy it, and she did.

" ah smart minatozaki, yes indeed. A letter was there too. Weirdly in half, but thats not important. The person was .. sweet " 

That night sana gets a text

Mina -thank you for saving my and the candy idea and helping me with the letter too. Youre a life saver .

Sana - thats what besties are for

Mina - yeah besties keeping secrets from our other bestie

Sana - nayeon will be okay once you confess its you. I take no credit whatsoever . Dont worry.

Mina - thank you, you dont know how much i appreciate this ... we need to do another letter though but this time in the locker in the hall , please sana.

Sana - fine. You owe me food and youre paying for both of us.

Mina - ofcourse

Sana - i meant me and momo. Use delivery. Large pizza to my house. Also, you dont need to come. Im tired of looking at you. Bye

Mina - ... ofcourse.. bye

------

Sana was not sure what the hell she was doing.
All she knew was that she was hiding behind the bushes looking for nayeon because she was on " spy duty" .

"Spy duty"  on their bestfriend who they should know a 120% by now . This was ridiculous to sana , like really . Why was she even doing this. Its just nayeon for goodness sake.

She didnt disagree or agreed to some of the things mina suggest on what " spy duty " should be  . Things like " nayeon doesnt really show what mood shes really feeling when shes around others, so maybe we could check up on her from time to time. Or maybe we havent picked up on somethings she likes" yada yada yada

Sana argued that if nayeon didnt want them to know , that they should respect her privacy and if nayeon wanted them to know ,shed tell them.

Mina argued that she wasnt as chill as sana when it came to things like this , even when mina was the more chill and calm one. Mina argued it was because sana didnt have feelings for nayeon, hence , not seeing the urgency of the situation.

Sana argued things like this needed time and that love wasnt something that could be rushed. Mina argued that she wasnt rushing, she was just ensuring that nothing would go wrong.

Sana argued that mina should just ask nayeon in person if she wanted to know whatever it was that mina wanted to know. But mina argued that it would be suspicious and shed mess up .  Mina wanted perfection and sana wanted to sleep.

So at the end of the debate , they werent sure whose point was valid in this specific situation. Hence , this is why sana was here behind the bushes ,regreting every second of it.

She could just text nayeon and ask her where she was and what shes doing right?.  Right.

" what are we looking at ? "  says a voice and sana turns to look,  only to fall into the bushes . Groaning from the way the bushes poked her and the laugh that was loud enough to be heard by the whole school.

" stop laughing Im and help me up" she glares

" so what are we looking at ? " nayeon questions as she pulls sana up and looks around

" i was looking for you" sana replies, deciding to be honest.

" in the bushes? " nayeon smirks , eyebrows lifting

" yes, ive learned that bushes at the right angle is perfect for blocking sunlight and keeping wind away from blowing my hair right into my face "

" and also perfect for stalking someone "  sana nods , then realizes what nayeon said and starts choking on her own saliva.

" i would think that too " cough " if i was doing that " cough

"Mmhmm , werent you though?"  Nayeon raises her eyebrow again and sana wanted to just bring it back down.

" no .. " sana answers putting on a straight face

" you shouldve just texted me or call me sana,thats what you usually do.  Weve been friends for 3 years and suddenly your behind bushes to look for me . Are we going back in time now? "

" no.. i know i know im sorry . Its just that , youve been distant lately you know?" It was somewhat true " mina wanted to know if you were okay , to check on you, she misses you "

" she sent you? "

" i guess you could say that" 

" shes cute , but im okay , a little stressed but overall im fine..." sana nods "and Im sorry, ive been... busy lately" 

" its alright , if you need us or need to just talk. We're here for you . You know that right?"

" i do.. thank you , how about you?"

" how about me what? " confusion was etched on sanas face

" do you miss me too? " 

Does nayeons eyes look hopeful or was it just the sun? . Sana didnt know. But she answers the question with a nod and she sees the way nayeons smile widens. She finds herself smiling back . How could she not? . Nayeons smile were always contagious.

" youre not taking the bus today"

" im not? "  nayeon doesnt argue when sana reaches for her hand and pulls her away from the bushes

" nope, get in the car. Im sending you home " 

------

Sana yawns and blindly reaches for her phone thats been going off , indicating shes receiving a call after so many beeps of text she tried to ignore.

" its the weekend , WHAT? " 

" goodmorning to you too, sunshine. Mina and i just reached acafe for breakfast ,  do you want to come? " 

" no. Now leave me alone"

" would you like pancakes or waffles? " comes the reply

" waffles please thank you"  theres a chuckle at the end of the line and sana smiles , suddenly awake" what cafe? "

" the new cafe ive always wanted to try"

" oh yeah the cafe thats famous for flour based food right? " she hums

" how did you know ? " 

" i have ears nayeon, i listen when you talk "

" ofcourse why wouldnt you right? Im tough to resist" sana chuckles , she just knows nayeons smirking over the phone.

" you shouldnt smirk that long, your face would freeze and be stuck like that forever "

" ....you lied "

" you fell for it, so.. "

" you "

" mm hmm, so wheres minari?"  Theres swishing sounds and sana knows its just nayeon moving her head.

" she ordering for us " 

" ordering also means....  paying right?" 

" yes, such a gentlewoman right ? " nayeon chuckles

" yeah.... alright, i wont keep you. You guys have fun "

"Okay... ill see you "

" okay bye " 

Sana stares at her phone,the name on the screen.
Shes feels happy that mina is taking steps to finally do something about her feelings , but she couldnt help feel some invisible form of heaviness on her chest.

She sits up, concludes its just cause shes hungry then lays back down to go back to sleep , only to turn around in bed repeatedly . Sighing in defeat she yells for her sister and they both go out for a morning jog.

When they get back, sana sees nayeon and mina walking towards her front door.

" hey guys , got momo food? "  she ask as momo arrives shortly after her panting .

" hey " momo greets them too

Sana smirks when nayeons eyes finally met hers , previously from checking her out but the smirks almost falls when she catches mina doing the same to her sister. Her sister that was also busy staring at both girls. She couldnt tell who her sister was staring at more though.

Some one coughs and next thing she knows a paperbag is being shoved onto her stomach .

" uhm thank you " she says holding the bottom of the bag.

"Im momo, nice to officially meet uh... "

" mina and nayeon "  sana points out

" mina and nayeon " her sister repeats , shaking their hands.

" yes we have food for you too momo" mina finally replies sanas question " its in the bag along with sanas"

Momo being momo , grabs the bag from sana , with a thanks and leaving the door open . They can hear literally everything momo is doing. Shes eating. Typical momo , sana shakes her head

" thanks guys, you really didnt have to"

" your abs are so defined " was minas reply instead and sana looks down at herself before looking back up . Then it clicks. Nayeon shoved the paper bag onto her stomach moments ago to block the view of her abs.

" thank you " sana smirks , realizing nayeons eyes didnt stray to her abs at all.

"You can look nayeon ,you dont have to respect me at all" for some reason mina starts laughing , so does momo from inside the house.  Nayeon however doesnt falter to look at her abs, but stares at her face before turning and holding onto minas arm , who blushes .

" we just came to send the food, enjoy it while its still hot " nayeon tells her to which momo yells " thank you, its awesome , its still hot , youre also hot btw , you both are. Bye  " and sana wanted to dig a hole and die but instead she settles for a wave of hands that turns into a face palm when her friends tell momo " youre indeed hot too"

Sana then watches mina and nayeon drive off with a hint of uneasiness , but maybe shes just tired.

------
" i got another letter guys " nayeon announces " a love letter"

Ofcourse she did. Sana spent two hours just correcting it and adding onto it last night before shoving it into nayeons locker earlier that day.

Things she does for mina, the girl whose smiling sweetly at nayeon right now. The girl who knew how to convince sana to do these for her . The girl who said " i need a love life sana. Between the both of us , youre better at words and i need help and i dont know anyone else but you" with those damn puppy dog eyes and pout she couldnt resist.

She shakes her head as she watched them converse about the love letter . Blankly just staring at the the floor between her friends feet.

" she mentioned in the letter that she liked the mole on my eyebrow " sanas ears perked up, it was something she wrote " saying that we both had moles and that it was certainly something she finds herself admiring everyday, she says it brings out my beauty more" nayeon gushes." so i know now, that this person has moles on her face too and i cant help but wonder ...." nayeons eyes glances her way before stopping at mina " is it you?"

Mina freezes and sana braces for impact . Her heart beating against her chest as she waits. Unsure if she or even mina wanted the reveal now.

" who am i kidding, it could be anyone right? " they both nod  and nayeon sighs. " well i guess ill just have to wait until my potential lover reveals herself "

Nayeon heads to class and mina and sana release the breath they were holding

-----

Sana sat on the desk in minas room , eyes unfocused on the paper infront of her while mina was walked around the room, scolding her for her past mistake in mentioning about the mole. Telling her they both needed to be careful for just a bit longer. That mina needed to be ready before the reveal.

Sana lifts her head up and turns around when the conversation turns into momo. She watches her friend burn a hole into her carpet as she walked the same line over and over. Sana frowns , was mina confused who she was attracted to? What was going on really? . She listens as mina tells her about her bumping into momo at the grocery store. How momo was quite cute. Then changes topic back into nayeon , blushing into quite a mess , telling sana that nayeon wanted to go try more new places with her.

" do you like nayeon or momo? . Not that i have a problem with both. But you shouldnt approach nayeon if youre interested in my sister and im protective over both. You know this , id be protective over you too if you werent the one being confused right now"

"I definitely like nayeon,I have for a while, your sister is just really cute. Even nayeon mentioned it once during lunch when you werent there"

At this new information , sana gawks and frowns.
What is this....  mess?

" ughhhh whatever it is , figure it out. Im not helping you with nayeon if youre not sure . Im out "

Just like that , sana leaves
-----


Shes in the library studying when nayeon appears beside her . Oddly looking up and gesturing towards her eye . Sana sighs before standing.

" what am i looking for?"  She ask as she scans nayeons eye

"I dont know, something . Maybe an eyelash" nayeon says and sana finally sees it. It was an eyelash  . She places her hands on both sides of nayeons faces and focuses, her fingers carefully taking the eyelash . And when she was done , she naturally wipes the stray tear and smoothens nayeons eyebrows

" there  " she says looking at the eyelash in between her finger and thumb, unaware of nayeons stare

" thanks "

"Someone said if an eyelash falls , you should put it in your hair. So your hair grows thicker"  sana tells her as she drops the eyelash onto n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter