23:58, 31st December, 2020

23:58, 31st December, 2020
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don't know what I wrote. And this is also trash. And it was seems kinda rushed. And kudos to all those one-shot authors out there. THIS IS SO HARD!!!

-----------------------------

Two figures could be seen packing their belongings into cardboard boxes. A little girl could be spotted with her head popped out from the doors of her bedroom. There was a slight frown on the girl's face watching her parents putting away the things. The girl then quietly walked towards her mother. The older woman felt a tug of her shirt from behind and turned around to find her little baby with her stuffed frog in her right hand. 

"Dear, what's wrong?" The older woman asked softly. 

"M-mama wai are you and dada putting thing in box??" The little girl asked innocently. Mrs. Kim chuckled softly at the cute sight before her. She softly caressed the little one's hair, taking in this image of her daughter that shall grow big in no time. 

"We're moving, sweetie," 

"B-But Min no want to move, Min want play with Jin," The girl whined.

Hearing the conversation, Mr. Kim halted the packing and walked over to the girl. There, he kneeled down to be on eye level with his princess. 

"We're moving to Seoul, princess. You always wanted to go to Seoul right? You don't have to worry about not playing with Yujin. Your cousin will come to visit us every week," 

The father then picked the girl up and started spinning her. Loud giggles and happy laughter could be heard inside the house. Mrs. Kim had a small smile etched on her face at the sight of the father-daughter having fun with each other. The husband finally placed the child down and planted a kiss on her forehead. 

"Now, go and pack your things, princess. We're gonna go to Seoul soon," Her father said. The girl then ran to her room and started packing. 

 

After a whole two days of packing, the family is now on their way to Seoul by bus.

"Dada, will dada bring Min Everland?" The girl asked giddily. Her dad laughed.

"I promise, princess,"

Min was a week away from becoming five when her family moved to Seoul from Daegu.

-----------------------------

Min was playing with her frog Pepe and her llama in her new pink room when she heard the doorbell ring. The girl peeked out of her door and spotted a man with his child. 

"Hey, just noticed you guys just moved in so here's a bit of a welcome gift to the neighborhood," The man cheerfully said to her mom. The kid then gave her mom a bag of what looked like chocolate chip cookies. The girl had a big, goofy grin with her front tooth missing. Min's eyes seemingly drew towards the stranger, observing her with interest from behind her wooden door.

"Here's your cookies ma'am!!!" She said enthusiastically. Min saw her mom laugh at the kid. 

"Thank you. Aren't you an energetic one? What's your name?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"My name's Kim Chaewon!! I'm 5 years old!!" The kid yelled. 

"Really? My daughter's 5 too," 

"Really????" Chaewon gasped. Mrs. Kim nodded. Chaewon's father then excused the two, saying they have a business to attend to. 

"Really, thank you for the cookies. And Chaewon-ah, you can come over anytime okay? Maybe you can befriend Minju," Mrs. Kim suggested. 

"Okay ma'am! I'll definitely come over someday!!! Have a nice day!!!" Chaewon said loudly.

 

The weekends came and Minju was currently at the park near her new home. The girl was sitting on a leather seat hung from a metal bar. She peacefully moved forward and backward, each time getting her a little nearer to the blue sky. Her dad could be seen watching her with soft eyes from afar. Minju was enjoying herself so much that she didn't hear her father's words before he left to take a call. When she got off the swing and couldn't find her dad, the kid started crying. 

"Hey, why are you crying?" Minju heard a loud, cheery voice in front of her. She looked up, only to see a blurry face. The girl tried wiping the tears falling down on her cheeks, yet it just kept coming. 

"I-I can't find m-my d-daddy," The crying girl hiccuped. 

"Here, take this," Minju saw a strawberry milk flavored lollipop popping into her vision. The girl furiously shook her head, denying the candy.

"Take it, my mom always said that these candies will cheer you up. Eat it, then we'll go find you're dad okay?" Min eventually took the candy and ate it. Immediately the sweet taste of the lollipop invaded her hoarse throat from crying. And naturally, the tears dried up, leaving only its tracks on her cheeks. 

"Let's be friends!!! I'm Kim Chaewon, and I'll help you find your dad!!" The girl in front of her said. Hearing the familiar name, the once crying girl looked up and found herself facing that silly yet charming face once again. A small and gentle voice spoke, following it, was a sniffle. 

"I-I'm Kim M-Minj-ju," 

 

Minju just turned 5 years old when she met her first friend, Kim Chaewon.

-----------------------------

Minju met Chaewon once again, as her new neighbor. They also found out that they were both the same age, with their birthdays merely a few hours away from each other. Despite the contradicting personalities of the two, they instantly got close with each other. Chaewon started coming over every day to play with Minju. Within merely a few weeks, the two were stuck to each other like glue. They attended the same school and were in the same class together. The two were like a package deal, a buy one get one free. And through months and years, Minju and Chaewon had remained this way. But then, no happiness lasts forever... right?

---------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter