001

Let Me Warm You Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the summer of 2019 when Eunbi and Chaeyeon first got together. Like any other couple, they have gone on to different types of dates—amusement parks, local cafes, zoos, aquariums, etc. Despite going to different locations for their dates, they all have one thing in common: Chaeyeon’s hands are freezing cold. Her hands were not always cold, though. In fact, they were always warm, as warm as the summer sun shining onto the ground, till she met Kwon Eunbi.

 

A little background on Kwon Eunbi; as the only child born to her extremely wealthy and undead (read: non-human, vampire) parents, she is gifted with the ability to identify her soulmate by taking away something significant from them. In the past, she has tried to take away tangible things or people, like their parents, their friends, their organs (which has been proven to be fatal) and has only recently found out that intangible things can be taken away too.  However, she has no idea who her soulmate is being reborn as this time, and the only clue that is given to her is the figure of a faceless, raven-haired, pale-skinned female in her recurring dreams recently, a sign that her soulmate is near. That is why she cannot believe her eyes when she sees the new transfer student, Lee Chaeyeon, who is so similar to the faceless figure she sees in her dreams that she is almost sure that they are the same person. Eunbi quickly ordered a background check on the new girl and used what she found out as an opportunity to get closer to Chaeyeon.

 

Standing in the middle of a dance studio and against her crewmates’ wishes, dance captain Eunbi ordered recruitment in the middle of the school year. Having passion and equal talent for dance, Chaeyeon would not miss out on the audition for the school’s dance team, and Eunbi, the captain of the dance team, will definitely have to be there for the audition. Folding her arms in victory with the plan in mind, Eunbi strutted out of the dance studio, leaving her teammates in utter confusion.

 

As expected, Chaeyeon was one of the first few people to register for the audition. She choreographed a dance routine that impressed the members of the dance team so much that despite the initial protest, Chaeyeon was the only one who made it into the dance team from the audition. The audition in the middle of the school year turns out to be the best decision they (Eunbi) have ever made. Eunbi smirked and leaned her back against the cold mirror in their dance studio, it is the first day of practice with Chaeyeon, and she had arrived early, knowing that the other girl had the tendency to be early for unfamiliar situations from the background check she had conducted a few weeks ago.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter