Aking Mga Mata'y Nahahalina ng Liwanag

Itong Disyembreng Walang Wakas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This wasn’t on her list of plans for tonight. Definitely not.

 

By 10 in the evening, Seulgi imagined herself dancing underneath the dreamy fairy lights with someone attractive and interesting enough to distract her from who she has been subtly glancing at all night long. She imagined herself feeling warm amid the cold zephyr in the city because of the endless doses of alcohol that she just couldn’t resist taking.

 

But instead, there she was, helplessly dragging one of her good friends into Sehun’s apartment from the short flight of stairs that led to the rooftop where the party was taking place.

 

Seulgi groaned as she kicked the door open because she swore that Jisoo was getting heavier the longer she carried and dragged her around to safety.

 

“Sasayaw daw tapos tinungga lahat ng Cuervo. Tanginang ‘to.” She huffed after accompanying Jisoo into the bathroom to vomit because the latter whined about feeling extremely nauseous.

 

Seulgi watched her friend do her business with a few back rubs here and there just to ease her. She held Jisoo’s hair back, fearing that it might dip into the toilet bowl and make an even bigger mess out of her.

 

“Wag ako, broken ako. Tangina mo.” Jisoo slurred before throwing up some more.

 

Seulgi could only close her eyes and sigh in a bit of dismay as she waited for the other girl to finish her business so she could give Jisoo some water then accompany her to the bedroom where she could rest. Her back rubs didn’t stop until the other girl pulled away and wiped using the back of her hand.

 

“’Wag kang dugyot,” Seulgi handed her some toilet paper and watched as Jisoo helped herself. “Okay ka na? Ikukuha na kita ng tubig.”

 

“Please,” Jisoo said with drooping eyes.

 

“Hintay ka lang. Tsaka ‘wag kang matutulog diyan! Hindi kita bubuhatin.” Seulgi warned with a ‘tsk’ before leaving the bathroom to proceed to the kitchen.

 

On her way to the kitchen, Seulgi halted underneath the doorframe when she saw a figure rummaging for something in the fridge. Even though all she could see was the person’s back, Seulgi was still able to recognize who it was.

 

“Irene?”

 

 The woman followed the source of the voice upon hearing her name. A smile graced her lips when Irene saw who was standing behind her.

 

“Seul, hi!” Irene greeted. Seulgi caught a glimpse of the bottles of booze whose necks were stuck in the space between her fingers.

 

Seulgi gave her a small smile, “What brings you down here?”

 

“Gusto pa raw nila ng mule sa taas kaso naubos agad kaya eto, ako na kumukuha.” Irene gathered a few more bottles in her hold including a pitcher of water which she then handed to the taller woman.

 

“Here, heard you earlier sa cr. Bigyan mo na si Ji.” Irene said before grabbing a glass from one of the cabinets then sliding it over the kitchen counter for Seulgi to grab.

 

The latter gave her a nod, “Thanks, saglit lang ah.”

 

After filling the glass, Seulgi walked towards the bathroom only to find out that the door was locked. Groaning with not much patience left, she eagerly banged on the door.

 

“Jisoo!” Seulgi knocked on the door before attempting to turn its locked knob again. “Buksan mo ‘to!” she raised her voice for the other woman to hear.

 

“Jumejebs ako! Tangina, mamaya ka na.” Jisoo helplessly groaned inside the bathroom.

 

“’Di mo naman sinabi agad,” Seulgi huffed. She placed the cold glass of water on the nightstand that was right next to the bathroom door. “Nandito yung tubig mo. Uminom ka pagtapos mo diyan.”

 

“Oks.” Came a faint response that was followed by another groan.

 

Seulgi scratched the back of her neck with a ‘tsk’. Taking care of a drunk friend was definitely not on her list of plans for tonight. Everyone else was too occupied with drinking and grinding on someone else anyway and she didn’t want that so she really didn’t have a choice.

 

“Okay pa si Jisoo?” A chirping voice asked.

 

When Seulgi turned around, she saw Irene in the middle of the living room with questioning eyebrows and the same bottles of mule trapped between her fingers.

 

Her shoulders slumped in exhaustion brought by the night, and maybe because of the endearing sight as well.

 

“Goods pa ‘yon. Tubig at tulog lang kailangan after.” She answered.

 

Irene nodded slowly with a small smile of relief. Carefully, she set the bottles down on the coffee table before taking a seat on the sofa. She expectantly looked up at Seulgi who was just staring at her by the kitchen’s entrance before patting the soft and empty space next to her.

 

The taller woman caved as soon as she got the memo. “Fast dancing got you tired?” Seulgi asked as a tease while she walked towards Irene.

 

She chuckled, “Slight lang. Gusto ko na rin bumaba muna, ang dami na kasing tao sa taas eh.” Irene explained. She watched Seulgi plop down next to her with a huff. Once the latter was settled, Irene scooted just a little closer to her.

 

“Same same. Nakakastress man alagaan si Ji, okay na rin. I needed an excuse to come down here anyway.” Seulgi let out a small laugh, “Oks lang ba if bawasan ko ‘to?” she looked at Irene while pointing at the bottles of mule in front of them.

 

“Go lang, ipagbukas mo rin ako please.”

 

Seulgi did what she was told. She grabbed two bottles and removed their tin caps using her teeth with just one hand. She didn’t hesitate to give Irene the first bottle before opening the other for herself.

 

“Machong macho ah,” Irene teasingly said before taking her first sip.

 

Seulgi chuckled, “You really learn a thing or two from Sehun kapag lagi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter