Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love

A/N: Just a one-shot inspired by Heehyun's lines from Flower 4 Seasons album. Medical facts are not accurate as this is purely work of fiction. Enjoy!

-------------------

Intern Ki Heehyun is on her clinical rotation for internal medicine. It is her favourite speciality of medicine as it covers a broad and expansive area of medicine, with a good blend of clinical and labs. Furthermore, she gets to avoid surgery. Lesser the blood, the better. That is as far as she can go when it comes to blood and looking into internal structures. It seems ironic for a medical student to avoid blood and gory images. However, Heehyun believes that even if she doesn't like grotesque stuff in the medical world, it is still the best profession for her. She gets to serve the community using her wealth of knowledge and practical skills.

She is very excited about her first day of internal medicine. She reaches the hospital in high spirits, heading off to the pantry to look for her friend, Jueun, for breakfast. They head off to the cafeteria after meeting at the entrance to get something light and definitely a cup of coffee.

"You got to change into your scrubs soon, Heehyun," says Jueun, realising that the other is not in her scrubs.

"We've got plenty of time. It's internal medicine today," Heehyun reassures her friend.

One thing for sure is that Heehyun doesn't like to wear scrubs outside of work. Most of her peers usually wear a t-shirt and bottom scrubs to work. However, for her, she worries that she may carry infection to patients and the public by wearing the scrubs outside of the hospital. Though it is a hassle to change her entire outfit, she believes that her preference would benefit the patients and the general public.

Jueun munches on her bread before saying, "you will ace this rotation for sure. It's your favourite right?"

"Of course, can't wait for it," replies Heehyun with a huge smile plastered on her face, tone upbeat and positive. Remembering that they are not in the same rotation, she asks her friend, "which rotation are you in for the next 3 months?"

Jueun replies with a flat tone, "peds." Her shorter friend is not very excited for her rotation, unlike Heehyun. This makes the taller girl friend, saying, "good luck dealing with the children, Dr Lee."

"Very funny, Dr Ki," replies Jueun, not appreciating the joke but still accepts the encouragement.

While eating, Heehyun notices a very pretty patient having her breakfast as well, at the table behind her friend. She stares at the pretty girl blatantly and soon the patient's gaze meets hers. Heehyun gives a soft smile before looking away, missing the shy smile she got from the patient.

After breakfast, the two friends split up, heading off to their respective wards for the morning rounds. Heehyun first makes her way to the washroom to get changed. Before stepping out, she looks at herself in the mirror before giving herself the daily pep talk. She walks out of the bathroom, feeling confident, heading into the ward for pre-rounds with some of the interns that are early. After completing the pre-rounds, she reads through her notes while waiting for for the resident-in-charge.

-------------------

"Now that we are on our fifth patient, Dr Ki, would you like to present on your patient?" asks Dr Han Sooyeon, the internal medicine resident in-charge of the interns.

The said intern steps out from the crowd, heading to the front. In the process, she gets to see a glimpse of the patient, realising that it is the same patient from the cafeteria. Though Heehyun lights up, flashing a small smile, her heartaches, knowing the diagnosis of the patient. She shakes her head lightly before re-composing herself to present.

"Patient Miss Jung Chaeyeon, female, aged 23. She presented to the emergency with persistent fever and bruising 2 days ago. She is currently being treated for fever and bruising. The last temperature checked was an hour ago, reading 36.8°C. The temperature has dropped and bruising appeared to reduce in size after ice treatment. For Miss Jung, her known medical history includes Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia 10 years ago. She had received a bone marrow transplant and has since undergone remission. However, with current labs taken for the past 2 days, they all report a significant number of immature blasts."

After the presentation, the resident, Dr Han, asks the interns some conceptual questions before elaborating about the preliminary diagnosis. After the short discussion, the resident proceeds with sharing the treatment plan for Miss Jung.

"Miss Jung, we will be monitoring the labs closely for the week. Don't worry, all hopes are not lost. Let's wait till you are fully stabilised from the fever and bruising before we determine whether it is a relapse of your childhood cancer," says the resident. She gives the patient a pat on the arm before moving ahead to lead the interns out of the single bed ward to the next patient on the list.

Before Heehyun heads off to follow the group, she turns back to give the patient a reassuring smile before cheering the other on with a 'fighting' gesture. This time, she sees the patient's beautiful and warm shy smile. Heehyun swears that it is the sweetest smile that she has ever seen and has a feeling that this smile will come to her gently daily. From that moment, she has her heart set to do anything to save Chaeyeon.

-------------------

Before heading off for lunch, Heehyun decides to visit her first assigned patient in internal medicine, Jung Chaeyeon.

"Hi Miss Jung," Heehyun greets her patient as she enters the ward. Seeing that the nurse aide is serving the patient her lunch, she quickly apologises and says, "oh, having lunch too? Shall I visit you later?"

"It's fine. I don't have much appetite," replies Chaeyeon, looking rather weaker than in the morning.

"You should at least eat a little. Your cells would need the food they need to fight the..." Heehyun stops her words, not wanting to reveal much of her personal opinions of the patient's diagnosis. Even her resident is still somewhat hopeful and monitoring the situation carefully before labelling Miss Jung with cancer relapse.

After the nurse aide has left the ward, Chaeyeon gives a forced smile, saying softly, "the situation is bad, isn't it?"

"No, no, all hopes are not lost, Miss Jung." Heehyun tries to reassure the patient and distracts the other saying, "come on, let me feed you. I won't go until a spoonful of food enters your mouth."

Chaeyeon smiles slightly at the doctor's attempt to cheer her up and to get her to eat. She complies, opening . The doctor can only stay on the spot not knowing what to do.

"Doctor, aren't you supposed to feed me before you go?" asks the patient with a little cheeky smile.

"Oh, right," Heehyun opens the cover, takes a spoonful of porridge and some side dishes before feeding the other.

"Do you want more, Miss Jung?" the doctor asks.

The patient nods, before telling the doctor, "call me Chaeyeon. You don't have to be so formal."

"Then call me Heehyun. We will drop all the formalities, Chaeyeon," replies Heehyun, feeling cheery that they are getting closer even on their first day.

-------------------

"Chaeyeon, It's spring already! Do you know that the small little grass outside the hospital in winter has bloomed?" exclaims Heehyun, as she enters the ward, waking the girl up from her sleep.

"Oops, I thought you are awake. I will just leave this here and go," says the doctor embarrassed by her actions of waking the patient up. She puts the little daisies that she has plucked from the side of the pavement on the way to the hospital.

Chaeyeon rubs her eyes before settling to lean against the headboard, she says, "I am up already, let's talk for a while more."

The older one walks to Chaeyeon's side, sitting on the armchair next to the bed. They talk about everything and anything they could think off at the moment until Heehyun's phone rings. This signals that it is breakfast time with Jueun.

"Oh, I should meet at Jueun now. See you later!" The doctor pats on her patient's head before heading off to the next location.

-------------------

Now that Heehyun is well settled into internal medicine rotation, she is starting her first night shift.

"Chaeyeon, I will see you tomorrow night," Heehyun tells Chaeyeon while she visits the other after her day shift.

Curious, Chaeyeon asks, "why?"

"We are rotating through shifts now that we can work more independently. But don't worry, my mentors will still be there to guide me!" the doctor rambles on sharing so much too animately. This makes the patient chuckle at her doctor. She teases her favourite doctor, "don't worry, I trust your skills. You took an oath right?"

"Yes, do no harm," Heehyun replies while vowing in front of her patient somewhat seriously.

-------------------

"Good morning, I mean good evening! Have you had your dinner?" Heehyun enters the room as soon as she reaches the hospital before her first-ever night shift. She is glad that the patient is still awake, playing video games on her phone.

"I did," replies Chaeyeon with a huge smile, glad to see her doctor, after more than 24 hours. She clearly misses the other.

They talk for a while before Heehyun has to start her shift. Before the doctor leaves, Chaeyeon cheers her on, "fighting, Dr Ki!"

Though she is slightly disappointed that Chaeyeon addresses her as Dr Ki, she feels a warm and fuzzy feeling in her heart.

Night shift is so different. It is less hectic as compared to the day shift but unexpected things keep happening. Sometimes, patients can go into cardiac arrest or that sudden jerking or other situations that require immediate medical attention would occur. That sends Heehyun and other interns in frenzy life-saving action.

After attending to a few emergencies cases in the wee hours, Heehyun is finally able to take a break. Before going to the pantry, she heads to Chaeyeon's ward, taking a look from outside the room. She smiles, looking at how serene and peaceful the young patient is in bed. She then heads off to the pantry, taking short sips on her cup of coffee. After the short break, she heads off to finish the shift, until she hands it over to the day shift nursing team.

After she is done, she decides to head to her favourite place, enters the ward, taking a seat next to the patient. She stares at the sleeping girl, moving loose strands off her face. Unknowingly, sleepiness starts to hit her. She has her head on her arms, eyes closing and light snores start to fill the room.

After what seems like a long nap, Heehyun opens her eyes, adjusting to the bright lights. She bolts up, realising that she is still in the hospital, but not realising that she has napped by her patient's side. She quickly takes a look around, registering that she is in Chaeyeon's ward. However, she is embarrassed that the younger awake. Soon, the embarrassed is replaced by the warm fuzzy feeling in her heart as she is greeted with Chaeyeon's bright smile. The smile washes away any tiredness from the hectic night shift earlier.

"Good morning, Dr Ki! How was your nap?"

She smiles back, greeting the other with a chirpy good morning and teases, "good morning, Miss Jung." This time, knowing that Chaeyeon only addresses her as Dr Ki when the girl is teasing her.

She then remembers the article that fell from her frame when she bolted up earlier. She picks the cardigan that is on the seat of the armchair. She folds it nicely before passing it back to the patient.

"Thank you for this, Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon receives the cardigan but her other hand cups Heehyun's face, staring at it almost too fondly for Heehyun's liking. Heehyun realises that at that moment, they share a special bond between each other. Chaeyeon then comments, "gosh, you look really tired."

Heehyun puts her hand over Chaeyeon's, thanking the other, "thank you, Chaeyeon."

"What?" The other asks.

"I actually know that you are worried about me every day."

Heehyun stares fondly at Chaeyeon, her hand still not letting go of Chaeyeon's slightly smaller and softer hand.

"Not everyday though..." Chaeyeon blushes, looking away, trying to deny the "accusation".

"You can deny all you want, but you look so cute and obvious."

Heehyun pinches Chaeyeon's full cheeks and her gesture is returned with a snarl instead. That gets both of them laughing instead.

"Oh, rounds are starting soon. You better go," the patient says unwilling, noticing the day shift intern is hovering outside for pre-rounds.

"Oh, right. I will see you before my next night shift."

The doctor waves and unwilling exits the room. She turns back one last time to wave goodbye before heading back home.

-------------------

2.5 months of internal medicine rotation has been rewarding for Heehyun. Not only did she learn a lot but she has formed close relationships with her seniors, batchmates and even her patients. A particular patient is always on her mind and that her prognosis seems worse after each passing month. This scares Heehyung a little. She spends a little more time on Chaeyeon's report after noticing that the other seems so much weaker even with the chemotherapy. She decides to bring it up during the monthly reviews with Dr Han.

"Dr Han, the prognosis for Miss Jung seems bad. Look at the full blood count and bone marrow aspiration smear report," the intern voices out her concern. The resident takes the report, reading the labs and other relevant information. However, with a long history of working with cancer patients, Dr Han can predict the outcome. She is still as hopeful as ever, believing that medical miracles do exist.

"Patients that often relapse after recovery from childhood leukaemia rarely survives for long. Not to mention the chromosomal mutation. We will bring this up to Dr Park Soyeon to see if we can do anything to improve the prognosis," replies the resident, who makes a memo on the electronic health record for the consultant.

"Dr Han, there is this clinical trial on immunotherapy," the intern who has been researching for novel therapies, pulls out a report, showing the resident. This makes Dr Han frown, voicing out an opinion that she has noticed for a while now, "Dr Ki, you are too invested in this patient. Look, you only have two weeks left into your internal medicine rotation."

"Dr Han, let me do what I can, please. You mentioned that she has a shot of a long life right?" the intern almost begs. She knows that time with Chaeyeon is limited but she promised to herself that she would do anything to save the girl. She knows that her feelings have clouded her judgement but still, she knows that her job is to save her patients to the best of her abilities.

Dr Han shakes her head, thumb and second finger pinching her nose bridge before saying, "that was a month ago. Look at Miss Jung's current state. She is not responding well to the chemotherapy. I don't think even a half a year is possible."

-------------------

"Heehyun."

"Yes?"

"Can you do me a favour?"

"Anything for you."

Chaeyeon blushes at the comment but Heehyun didn't notice it as the words from Dr Han replays in her mind, "I don't think even half a year is possible."

"Can you bring me out of the hospital for one day?" asks the patient meekly, but eyes looking at Heehyun fondly, hoping that the doctor would immediately agree.

Heehyun thinks for a moment. Chaeyeon is still able to move on her own despite feeling weak. However, what she worries is that the younger may get an infection since her immunity is low due to the nature of her cancer and the side effects of chemotherapy.

"It is not possible, isn't it?" says Chaeyeon, saddened by the lack of response.

"No no, I didn't say that it is definitely not possible. This is beyond what I can do. I will need to speak to Dr Park and Dr Han first. Once we have gotten their approval, you are pretty much allowed to go," replies the intern.

"I will wait for as long as I can."

Since it is Heehyun's last week, she decided to just ask Dr Park and Dr Han without much deliberation.

"Dr Park and Dr Han, may I speak to you two in private?"

"What is it?" asks Dr Park, who is discussing a case with Dr Han.

"Miss Jung Chaeyeon wants to spend a day outside of the hospital. I think she can sense that her condition is getting worse," Dr Ki asks carefully.

Dr Han stares at Heehyun, making sure that the young intern didn't reveal any personal opinion of prognosis to the patient.

Dr Park gives Dr Ki an understanding look, then asks Dr Han to pull the records from the system. After reviewing the case, she says, "just for a day but she would have to be briefed about what she can do and not do, also the signs that she has to look out for. We have to brief the person who is taking her out for the day."

The resident suggests, "Dr Park, maybe Dr Ki can take the day off to tag along. Miss Jung trusts Dr Ki."

"Good idea. Dr Ki, you shall do the briefing in the presence of Dr Han. Dr Han, please guide Dr Ki. Also, make sure that the briefing is comprehensive," informs the consultant.

"Yes, Dr Park," replies the two junior doctors. The consultant then walks away after giving the two of them a pat on the shoulder.

As Dr Park leaves, the resident, Dr Han turns to Heehyun with a serious look, saying also with a serious tone, "Dr Ki."

"Yes, Dr Han," the intern stands in attention, afraid that she is going to get reprimanded from how stern Dr Han looks.

The resident tries to suppress a laughter before commending the intern, "good job. You made a good judgement without letting your emotions and personal feelings get ahead of you. The last time I heard of similar cases was that the intern took the patients without informing. Good that you have informed. Keep up the good work. I will pass the guidelines latest by tomorrow."

Dr Han pats on Heehyun's arm before walking ushering Heehyun to follow along.

-------------------

Heehyun decides to bring Chaeyeon to a simple eatery for a light meal before going to the children's amusement park. As the children's amusement park opens in the late afternoon, Heehyun had begged the owner to have the place reserved for three hours before the actual opening. After the light meal, they take a cab to the amusement park. After helping Chaeyeon out of the cab, Heehyun reveals the location excited, "here we are, the amusement park."

"There is no one here," the younger questions the lack of crowd as she looks around.

The doctor reveals the truth, "I begged for the owner to open it earlier just for us. Come on, we have the whole place to ourselves and this is to protect you too."

Feeling touched at how meticulous Heehyun is, the younger thanks the older, "thank you, Heehyun."

"Nah, it's cool. The begging is actually quite easy."

"No Heehyun, thank you for everything. I heard that you are on your final week of rotation. Dr Han told me about it."

After that comment, there is a silence between the two of them, knowing that they will be spending even lesser time with each other. The older then tries to liven up the mood again. She promises to the other, "don't worry, I will still visit you every day! Just less frequent, since I will spend most of my day at different wards."

The younger smiles, holding the promise onto Heehyun before grabbing the older's hand. She clasps their hands together, then pulls Heehyun to the first attraction to start playing.

They first head to the carousel. Heehyun helps Chaeyeon up. As she is about to go to the horse next to Chaeyeon's, the latter stops her, telling her to get behind her, so that they could ride on the same horse. Heehyun gladly takes up the offer and wraps her arms around the younger's waist. She holds onto Chaeyeon securely and also protectively. She pulls Chaeyeon in to minimise the gap between them before letting her head rest on Chaeyeon's right shoulder. The younger leans against Heehyun's chest, feeling the warmth. Soon, the carousel starts to spin. They enjoying the ride in each other's company, under the basking warm summer sun.

After a few rides, Heehyun decides to take Chaeyeon to the Ferris wheel to end the amusement park outing. They are in the cabin, waiting for it to start moving. While talking, Chaeyeon can feel that the cabin is rising. She then comments excitedly, "it is moving!"

This makes Heehyun smile, realising that the younger is enjoying this ride. As the cabins moves, Chaeyeon is looking out of the window, looking at the skyline in amazement. Even though they are enjoying the ride in broad daylight, the afternoon view is still amazing. Heehyun stares at Chaeyeon, finding that Chaeyeon is even more beautiful as her visuals are illuminated by the warm sun rays and the clear blue sky as the background.

"Chaeyeon, you are so beautiful," Heehyun finally confesses what she wants to say to the girl next to her.

"You are too kind, Heehyun. I lost my hair and I look pale and weak," the younger can only say softly, before looking away, feeling unconfident of herself.

"You are beautiful the first time I met you but you are even more beautiful now," Heehyun holds onto Chaeyeon's hands with her right hand and the other lifting Chaeyeon's face so that their eyes meet. She says whatever she wants to say sincerely.

Soon, Heehyun leans forward. She knows that what she has done to Chaeyeon is beyond what a doctor should do. She has indeed overstepped her position as a doctor and developed feelings for her patient. But, Heehyun doesn't care. Just for today, she is not Dr Ki Heehyun, and the person in front of her is not patient Jung Chaeyeon. In the cabin is just a 25-year-old, Ki Heehyun who is in love with the 23-year-old, Jung Chaeyeon.

As she leans forward, her eyes are closed slightly, and within a few seconds, she feels soft, plump lips on hers that tastes like strawberry. She lightly tastes it, nibbling it before pressing her slightly dry lips on the soft tender lips on hers. Soon, she feels Chaeyeon reciprocating the kiss, kissing earnestly with the same or if not even greater passion. As soon as their lips are apart, their foreheads are still leaning against each other. The younger girl's doe eyes meet her cat-like eyes, staring each other with love. They breathed lightly, trying to catch their breath, continue looking at each other fondly.

"Not worried about the consequences, Doctor?" teases Chaeyeon.

"Not a doctor, just for today. But for you, you are never a patient. You are a pretty girl that happens to be in the hospital," replies Heehyun, leaning in for another kiss as their cabin reaches the top of the Ferris wheel.

-------------------

"So, which rotation are you in?" asks Jueun as Heehyun meets her friend for breakfast before the start of a new rotation.

"Surgery," the taller intern says, dreading the rotation for the next 3 months. This makes the other intern laugh at her friend knowing that Heehyun cannot really stand blood or internal structures. She wishes half-genuinely, "gosh, this is really good luck."

"What about you?" asks Heehyun, curious about her friend's rotation. As she has been busy with Chaeyeon's case, it has been a long time since she has caught up with Jueun.

The shorter intern tells her friend, "internal medicine. When will it be neurology? You have already cleared your favourite rotation."

"Internal isn't too bad, but can you help me to keep an eye on..." Heehyun asks before giving detailed instructions.

Jueun nods, knowing what her friend means and promises to keep a close eye on Chaeyeon's condition for her.

-------------------

After completing the mundane afternoon task, Jueun goes to visit Chaeyeon. As usual, she keeps the patient updated about Heehyun, also embarrassing her friend as much as possible in front of Heehyun's crush. While they are enjoying a good time, Chaeyeon is suddenly gasping for air, her fists clenching tightly on her gown as she feels the huge pain on her chest. The intern quickly assesses the situation. Realising that she requires more help, she quickly presses for the button and rushes out of the door to call for any resident that she can catch. She notices Dr Han and immediately calls out for the other, "Dr Han! Miss Jung is crashing!"

On the other hand, Heehyun is assisting in surgery. Soon, she hears an announcement addressed to her being announced from the public address system. She recognises the familiar voice.

It is Jueun's voice.

She hears the message from the intercom, "give me that thing. Paging for Dr Ki Heehyun, please head to ward number 18, bed 10 of internal medicine department. Patient 315 is crashing and is in critical condition."

Heehyun knows exactly where and who Jueun is referring to. Her attending surgeon gives her a questioning look, also a look to signal to Heehyun to stay, not only to assist but to learn from this rare hemispherectomy surgery. They are about to dissect the right hemisphere of the brain.

Heehyun doesn't care if the surgery is rare or cool or whatever not. The only thing in her mind is to get to Chaeyen ASAP. The intern can only mumble a quick apology before taking off her scrubs, running out of the surgical theatre in full speed towards ward 18, bed 10. On the way there, she bumps into several people, almost tripping a few times but soon reaches safely.

Each footstep leading to Chaeyeon as she pushes her way through people so that she can enter the room. She quickly assesses the situation before asking Dr Han, grabbing onto the resident's arm a little too tightly.

"Dr Han, have you tried epinephrine?"

Baffled by Heehyun's presence and sensing that the other is not going to be of help, she instructs her intern, "Dr Lee, get Dr Ki out of here."

Jueun doesn't want to pull her friend out of the room but gives in as soon as she realises that Heehyun is clearly acting irrationally, with the emotional intern pulling the nurse away so that she can perform the CPR personally. After much struggle, the shorter intern manages to pull her friend away but stops when a distinct flatline tone sounds out from the heart rate monitor.

Heehyun's knees buckle, hitting the ground. A lone tear rolls down her right eye. She silently prays for a moment before muttering, "I have so many words I want to tell you."

-------------------

After the mortuary team has come to collect the body, Dr Han pulls Heehyun with the help of Jueun to the meeting room. Dr Park follows behind, letting Dr Han take charge of the situation.

"Dr Lee and Dr Ki, do you two know what you have done wrong?" asks Dr Han, as she stares at the two interns angrily. She is still livid from the chaos in the ward. Heehyun and Jueun clearly knew what they have done wrong as their heads hang low, avoiding the resident's eyes.

"What do we tell the patient's family members when they come?" questions Dr Han, worried that the young doctors would be implicated in court cases that can potentially ruin their careers.

"Chaeyeon isn't close to her parents," mutters Heehyun. Before Dr Han can even reprimand the intern, Dr Park Soyeon steps in, saying, "I will deal with the parents. Dr Han, set a punishment as you deem fit."

"Yes, Dr Park."

"Dr Lee, do you know that you are not allowed to have access to the PA system and that you have been leaking patient information to Dr Ki even when the patient is no longer under Dr Ki's care. This is a breach of the data protection act." The resident states what Dr Lee has done wrongly. It is a severe mistake, especially leaking personal information of the patient.

"Dr Han, please, it is not Dr Lee's fault. I have asked her to keep me updated about Chaeyeon's case," Heehyun defends her friend. All this was her fault, only if she didn't fall in love with Chaeyeon. But her heart wants what it wants.

The resident takes a deep breath, not wanting to explode in anger in front of the interns who have been mentally drained not only from the rotations but from the emotionally draining situation. Still, she has to draw the line from being professional as a teacher and a doctor, "Dr Ki, as for you, you have clearly overstepped your position as a doctor and as an intern in this case. I am not going to spell out everything. You clearly know what I mean and that you ought to reconsider whether you are a good fit for this career if you can't separate personal from professional life."

The two interns apologise, "we are very sorry, Dr Han."

Still, Dr Han encourages them, understanding where they are coming from.

"You guys are gifted interns and will make good doctors. But you still have to serve your punishment to learn. Dr Lee, you will be serving more night shifts and will perform any procedure only under the supervision of a resident."

"As for you, Dr Ki, I will report you to your resident and let him assign the punishment as he deems fit."

"Thank you, Dr Han."

After Dr Han leaves, Heehyun collapses into Jueun's arm, finally pouring out all the emotions that she is trying to suppress.

-------------------

After a long day of being assigned to scutwork at the emergency room, Heehyun steps out of locker room, tired and drained from the day. Instead of heading to a particular ward after every shift, her legs walk a different route, from today onwards. While walking towards the exit of the hospital, she hears the sky growling. Her first instinct is to question nature, "Is it going to rain until tonight?"

"Do take an umbrella," says the security officer as she is about to take a step out of the hospital. Heehyun shakes her head, giving a forced smile before taking a step forward. She is not going to use an umbrella even if it rains today. With 3 steps forward, she starts to feel raindrops hitting her back. Each drop of rain hitting her back much more forcefully and at a faster rate. Soon, she is drenched in rain but smiles, remembering her favourite moment with Chaeyeon. The kiss they shared in the Ferris wheel.

Heehyun looks up at the sky before saying in her heart, "I will erase all memories of you but Chaeyeon, do not forget that moment, that day."