Driving

Sinrin's Journal

"Yerin-ah, step on the break!" I can't help it but to raise my  voice while she's driving. I know I may cause panic, but we almost hit the car in front of us.

My girlfriend wanted to learn how to drive because one time when we were going on a vacation, I wasn't able to stop myself from ranting about how tiring it is to drive. From then, Yerin insisted that  she would go on a driving lesson and I will be her instructor. Today is the 2nd day of her 'driving lesson' and to tell you honestly, Yerin here is kinda having a hard time getting used to be on the road. She sometimes put too much pressure on the accelerator and breaks. Yeah, "sometimes."

"Please, Bi, don't shout. You told me to relax and you should also do that. You're making me more nervous." Yerin whines and she's telling me that while looking at me with a pout instead of looking on the road, now I am more nervous. 

On her first lesson, we just went to Sojung's open lot. I taught Yerin the most essential parts of the car's interior that she needs to be most familiar with. From starting the car, putting the hand break down, stepping on the break pedal before changing the shift gear to 'drive'. She quickly manage to absorb everything. I even taught her reversing the car,  that's why on her 2nd lesson, I decided that she'll drive in highway. It's risky, I know, but she will never improve if she will just be on an open lot. 

At first, Yerin was hesitant, but I told her that she did great on her first lesson and that I'm still going to guide her from the passenger's seat.

"Full stop on the red light, Yerin-ah and there's a convenience store after the intersection. I think we should grab something to eat and for you to get rest a bit."

"Ow-kay, boss." Yerin replied with a giggle.

And just a minute, we already reach the convenience store.

"Park the car, Yerin-ah". There was a space in  between two cars and the space is just enough for Yerin to park the car. From the look of Yerin, I know she's having an anxiety on how she would do it.

"Remember what you did last time? That's exactly what you need to do." Looking from left to right to check if there are cars in the highway that we could bump in. Yerin manage to move forward, ready to motion the car in south direction.

"Change the shift gear to 'reverse' and lightly step on the gas. Hold on the steering wheel to control the direction of the car, Love." She immediately followed my instruction and I could say that her hold from the steering wheel and gas pedal are  much controlled than before.

"Breathe, okay? Don't forget to breathe, Yerin-ah." I joke  around to lessen the pressure she's feeling, but instead of relaxing her,  my joke seemed to annoy her.

"Bi, stop! Be serious here." 

"Okay okay, so calculate the space, make sure that were on the middle so we could not bump or scrape either of the car." I said while looking on the side and rear view mirror.

She's doing really well, slowly but surely.

"Step on the gas so we can move, Yerin-ah."

" I know Bi, I know." And she stepped on the gas with a little too much pressure causing the car to jolt in.

"Break!" I yelled, but it was too late. We already scrape the side of the black hillux pick-up.

"Are you okay?" I asked and Yerin answered with a nod.

I can see from the back that a man is approaching us. Maybe he is the owner of the pick-up and I need to talk to him and settle what is needed to be settled. 

"Bi, I-I...

"Ssshh, stay here, okay? Turn-off the engine. I'll talk to the owner of the pick-up." I kissed Yerin's temple before  heading out of the car.

Thankfully, the man wasn't mad at all. I told him that I will handle all the expenses he will need to repair the scrape from his car, but he just said that it was okay since the damage is not that big. I couldn't count the  thank yous I gave before driving home.

And from the ride, Yerin didn't speak any word. She just settled herself in the passenger's seat facing the window.

--

After we finished eating dinner and cleaning ourselves before going to bed, Yerin still didn't talk to me and she's now laying on the bed facing the wall and covered herself with a blanket. I know she's feeling bad for what happened and she's keeping it on herself. 

I held the hem of the blanket to join her in bed, hugging her from behind.I settle myself on her nape, breathing her intoxicating scent that never fails to calm me.

"Yerin-ah, are you mad at me? You're going to sleep without saying good night and not giving me a good night kiss?" Yes, I said that using my aegyo. I hate doing it, but I needed to for me to get her attention.


 She manage to place her hands on the top of mine that was  wrapped around her waist caressing it before she moved to face me.

"I-I'm sorry, e-arlier the car.. I- ." Yerin said as she stuttered as tears are forming on her eyes before I cut her sentence.

"Sshhh, it's okay. We're okay." I said to calm her down and to prevent her tears from falling from her precious eyes.

"I scratched Lanz, Bi. I'm really sorry." And her tears began to fall. Yerin covered her eyes with her hands before hiding on the crook of my neck. I wanted to say something, but Yerin will be Yerin. The more you tell her  stop crying, the more she cries , so I just rub her back and waited for the tears to subside. She's so adorable. I couldn't help but to melt from her action and hug her tighter for her to feel that it's really okay.

When all I can hear is her sniffs, I moved away a little to detached her hands from her face and wiped the tears away on her face before kissing her forehead.

"Look at me. What happened earlier is just normal thing to happen, okay? Coz you're still learning. It was my fault because I should've been  the one to park the car since you were still a beginner. Telling you to park the car in just a small space was insane. It wasn't your fault, okay baby?"

"But still-

"No buts, Yerin-ah. And Lanz is just okay, he just needs to be repainted, it wasn't damaged that bad. So stop crying ,okay?"

"Okay. I love you." She said and hug me placing her head again on the crook my neck as I place a kiss on the crown of her head.

"Love." Everytime Yerin uses that endearment, it never fails to send shivers and tingles through my body. It always felt new and I will never get tired of her calling me 'love' and I also hope that she wouldn't notice the blush she caused on my face.

"Hmm?".

"It's enough that you know how to drive. I don't think I can be able to hold the wheels again. I mean, if you're tired of driving you can just pull over and take a nap, you know? Or we could just hire someone to drive us for our vacations."

And with that, I wasn't able to hold my laugh from what she said.

"Yah! I'm serious, Bi. I won't learn driving ever again. What if something might happen, much worse from what happened earlier. I j-just don't l-like it anymore."

"Sshhh, okay. I'll just pull over and take a nap if I'm tired of driving. So don't cry. You're being cute again, so stop I'm going to melt, Yerin-ah."

"You're teasing me! Stop. Let's sleep, I'm tired and I know you're also tired."

"First of all, I'm not teasing. You're cute and you know that. Neh, let's sleep. Sleep well, Yerin-ah. I love you".

"Good night. I love you more, Bi."

 

"Wait! My good night kiss!"

---