Perfect Timing

Perfect Timing

Two weeks prior to the upcoming holiday season, Gray was hanging out on set with his  fellow AOMG members of Show Me The Money. In between breaks he would go on his phone to do some online shopping to figure out what to get Hoody as well for his family. Somehow, he ended up on a jewelry store’s website. He continued to scroll through it anyway until he reached the engagement rings section,overwhelmed with all of the choices Gray hadn’t  noticed that Loco was sitting beside him.

 

“ Woahh Gray-Ssi! Are you going to ask her soon?” Loco curiously asked when he took a quick glance of Gray’s screen. 

 

“Umm… Yeah i’ve been thinking about it for a while now, and since Christmas is coming up I wanna surprise her with it.” He truthfully answered scratching his neck.  Loco without a word understood what his friend meant and nodded. Next, Jay and Lil Boi came over to join both of them and Gray announced to the guys that he was going to pop the question to his girlfriend.

 

“ Gray-Ssi, congrats bro! I’m happy for you” Jay congratulated him.

 

“Woah, really? Congrats to you both” Lil Boi chimed in to give his greetings to Gray as well. Gray with a huge grin on his face thanked them for their blessings and support. They continued to talk among them, coming up with a plan to help Gray surprise his girl.

Within five minutes or so  of scrolling the website everyone helped Gray pick out the perfect ring before they went back to soundcheck.

 

On the day before Christmas Eve mid-morning , Gray was in his simple Christmas decorated living room,messing around playing some chords on the keyboard. Until the doorbell rang which snapped him out of his trance. He stopped what he was doing and got up from the couch to answer it.

 

“ Who is it?”, Gray called out, feeling a little confused not expecting any company whatsoever. On the other side of the door he hears a little girl’s voice and a baby cooing. “ Samchun. It’s me! Eun Chae”, the little girl replied. 

When he opened the door it squeaked, he was surprisingly greeted by his sister and his niece and nephew. Upon letting them in, his niece followed him into the living room. 

 

“ Oh! Samchun your piano is here. Are you making a new song?” Eun Chae curiously asked. She was always excited seeing her uncle play her songs on his piano and singing along to one of his songs whenever she visited him. Gray took a seat on the couch ready to resume  playing the piano. 

 

“Eun Chae-ah, What song should samchun play?” He cutely asked his niece who was excitedly dancing in front of the coffee table. 

 

“Hmm Christmas song!. Christmas song.” She replied as she did a twirl in her tutu-like dress. Gray chuckled at her cuteness then, happily took her request. Upon playing “Santa Claus is coming to town”. His sister was enjoying watching her kids interact with their beloved uncle as she clapped and sang along with them. In the midst of their christmas caroling Gray had noticed his sister getting a little teary-eyed all of a sudden. 


 

‘ Nuna.What’s wrong?” he asked with a concerning look. At first she waved it off saying that she was fine. although.deep down inside she loved how Gray treated his niece and nephew as if they were his own, and all she ever wanted for Gray was to be happy with someone that he truly loved.

 

Then she headed to the kitchen  to warm up a bottle for the baby. Once she was done and headed back to the living room noticing that near the electric fireplace was an unfinished decorated tree which only had the lights.

 

“ Sunghwa-ah What happened to the tree? I see you only put on the lights” his sister trying to stifle her laugh as she picked up the baby to feed him. Gray glanced at the undecorated tree when it was mentioned for a moment before answering.

 

“ Yeah about that...I asked Hyunjung to come over later to help me decorate it.” Gray replied sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. ‘ Oh? How romantic. Did you get her a present yet?” his sister was curious to know what’s going on with their relationship and felt that something special was going to happen later on but waited for Gray to tell her first.

 

“ Yeah. I did. It’s actually a big surprise”. 

 

Gray nervously replied then quickly changed the subject when he entered the coat closet for a moment and brought out three perfectly wrapped christmas presents. Next, he handed them out to his sister and the kids.

 

“ Here you go! Merry Christmas”  He greeted and he saw Eun Chae’s face lit up with excitement. The little girl asked if it was ok to open it but her mother told her that she should wait until midnight. After that, it was time for his sister to leave.

 

“ Bye-bye Samchun!” Eun Chae said as she gave him a hug and kiss before putting on her snow boots and jacket. He then walked them out to the front entrance of the building.

 

“Bye, Sunghwa good luck with the surprise you got this! Hwaiting” said his sister cheering him on before leaving.

 

Eventually nighttime had approached and Hoody would be arriving at his apartment soon. So, Gray had some christmas music for ambience while he was bringing out the rest of the decorations.

 

*Dding Dong!*

 

Gray was startled a little when the front door rang and the motion  was detected on the “built in security monitor.  Gray took a deep breath before answering the door knowing fully well that it’s time to proceed with the plan.

 

“ Hey you made it!” Gray said, greeting  Hoody at the door then helped her with the boxes of ornaments she was carrying.

 

“Hi! Yeah I did. I’m ready to start decorating the tree.” Hyun Jung says enthusiastically while taking off her coat and setting down on the arm of the couch.  Before long the couple started to decorate the tree and having a good time laughing, dancing and singing along to whatever Christmas song was playing at the time. The tree was being decorated pretty with some red and gold ornaments, candy canes. Also with ribbons. Soon enough it was almost time to put on the tree topper.

 

“ Wait, before we put the angel on top. There’s something I have to ask so you might want to sit down for this.” Gray started to say after Hoody had hung the last silver ornament.

“O-oh okay.” Hoody as she tucked a loose hair behind her ear as she took a seat on the couch Gray instructed her to. Gray cleared his throat before he continued on, with the angel statue in hand carefully turned it to the front so the ring was shown resting in the angel’s hands.  And Gray slowly got down on one knee.  

 

“ Kim Hyun Jung, after meeting you, you’ve changed me for the better and I wanna spend every holiday and more with you. Um… So what I want to ask is, will you please marry me?” Gray nervously questioned while trying to stay steady on one knee. Hoody reacted with a shocked look on her face at first but her expressions changed as tears started to well up in her eyes.

 

“Aigoo! Gray-Ssi or shall I say Lee Sunghwa. Yes, I will marry you,” Hoody joked a little as she wiped tears away with her hand answering him. 

 

“Merry Christmas, I love you,” Gray chuckled then slid the rose-gold diamond ring onto her finger. Hoody still in disbelief at what just happened stared at the giant ring glowing on her finger as happy tears fell from her eyes. Gray quickly comforted her as he continuously wiped her tears away with his thumb. 

When he came a bit closer to her closing the gap between them he kissed her sweetly.

 After the moment ended, they put the angel on top to finish off decorating the tree and lit it up.

 

“Merry Christmas, I love you too,” Hoody replied, hugging him and rested her head on his shoulder while admiring their Christmas tree.