Morning Text

My favorite notification
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun’s day starts off by checking her phone, expecting a notification from her girlfriend, Seulgi.

 

Good morning, beautiful. Start your day with breakfast, okay? You better not be skipping your meals; I don’t want my bunny starving.

Have a great day at work, don’t be too hard on yourself. Take a rest when needed.

I’ll see you later.

I love you, Joohyun

 

And although it goes the same over and over, it still never fails to make Joohyun smile.

It boosts her mood and keeps her motivated throughout the day.

 

She got up from her bed and took a cold shower, proceed to putting on light make up and dressing up with her business attire matched with black heels.

She looked intimidating driving her audi R8 to work.

“Good morning, Boss” Seungwan, her secretary for 5 years, greeted her as she made her way into the office, which was located at the top floor of the building.

“What’s my schedule for today?” she asked, sitting at her desk and checking the documents placed in front of her.

“You have a meeting with Busan investors at 8am and a meeting with the marketing and finance department before lunch. At 1pm, you are expected to show at the site location for our new branch for further approval and inspection. And then, you have another meeting at 3:30 with Mr. Kim at xx café”

Joohyun sighed, as if already exhausted just from hearing the busy day she’ll be having.

“Okay, how about tomorrow?” she asked again.

There was a short pause before Seungwan answered

“You forgot, huh?”

Joohyun raised an eyebrow, trying to think what about it.

“I know I work for you but can I just say this as your friend? It’s okay to take some time off too. You’ve been working non-stop, Joohyun. Today is March 28. Advance Happy Birthday”

 

Oh

The CEO didn’t realize that.

She looked at her desk calendar and saw the date.

It really is her birthday tomorrow, how can she forgot

 

“Are you gonna see Seulgi later? Or tomorrow?” it was her friend’s turn to ask.

The mention of her girlfriend’s name made her mood lighten a bit.

Her gaze switched to a framed picture of the two of them. It was taken last year, at their favorite restaurant. She was wearing a purple dress and had her blazer on while Seulgi had this thick red scarf wrapped around her neck. Both with wide smiles.

That was probably the most memorable date they had

Just by thinking about it, made her want to see seulgi sooner.

 

The day went as scheduled and Joohyun should be tired already but instead of going home to take a rest, she chose to go and see her girlfriend instead.

Afterall, Seulgi is her rest.

 

She stopped by to her cousin’s flower shop on her way, to purchase a bouquet for Seulgi.

“Unnie. You’re here! I was expecting to see you tomorrow!” Yeri, the florist, exclaimed

“I want to surprise Seulgi today. Can I have some Sunflowers? Make it a dozen, it’s her favorite” she said and Yeri nodded before grabbing a bunch to wrap up.

“Tell her I miss her, will you?” Yeri dusted the ribbon before handing the arrangement to Joohyun

“I will”

After acquiring the beautiful looking flowers, she drove to Seulgi’s.

Joohyun thought the tint of her car was the reason she sees dark but then she looked at the time and realized it was actually getting late and the sun is about to go down.

She likes to watch the sunset but hates the dark that comes after.

Only nights with Seulgi is the kind of darkness she’s fond of.

Speaking of Seulgi, Joohyun hasn’t re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter