End

High School Sweetheart

A/N: 

Because I am in love with y Fluke eheks

The girl that I used is OC so anyone with the same name, I apologize in advanced. I am sure you are a great human being!

TRIGGER WARNING: BULLYING AND ATTEMPTED MURDER

I have to sincerely apologize, however, since this is not my best work but I just like to share with you~!

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

Ah, high school.

A place where the one with good memories are jocks and cheerleaders.

Ohm Thitiwat and Fluke Natouch.

Anyone who does not know them is usually new kids and dropouts but if you live long enough in this neighbourhood, you will eventually know them with how often they are getting caught making out at inappropriate places.

Not to mention they are one of those couples that are famous throughout social media. No one can blame those who follow them like a cult. They literally match-made in heaven from their looks, height, academics to their… unique personality.

“Move loser, That is my locker. I don’t need you to breathe in my stuff. Disgusting.”

People in the hallways look at the small commotion from Fluke's sudden insult to the poor freshman who leans slightly to the beautiful man’s locker. Next to him is a handsome god-like creature called his boyfriend.

“What are you looking at? Scram.”

Ohm warns with his eyes staring sharply at the frozen freshman that starts shaking from fear. She quickly runs away with tears in her eyes and the other students can only look away. They really do not want to mess with the two. It’s her fault anyway for being there at the wrong time.

“Ugh, now I feel disgusted to even open my own locker.”

The smaller frown and turns to his boyfriend with a fake pout. As much as everyone likes to deny, Fluke does look cute sulking and clinging to the build arm of Ohm. The jock smiles softly and leans to peck the luscious lips as a way to comfort his lover.

“Wassup lovebirds. Looking hot with that short Fluke.”

Boun greets the couple and his hand is swinging to smack the cheerleader’s but his hand gets hit hard instead by another big hand. Ohm pulls Fluke into his embrace and covers his back from his fellow friend.

“Don’t you dare touch my ing boyfriend, Boun. He is mine.”

Fluke smiles at the possessive tone and pecks the sharp jawline as a way to show his love for the taller man. He lets the two bicker as he pulls out a handkerchief to manoeuvre his locker code and opens it to grab his stuff.

“Hey, guys. What’s with the commotion. Heard a freshman get bit by you, Fluke.”

Kao leans to the locker beside Fluke’s and only chuckles when he sees the cheerleader scrunch his nose before closing his locker quite harshly. His mind goes back to the small girl that has the audacity to lean into his personal space.

“Shut the up. She deserved it, right Ohmmy?”

Ohm turns to Fluke and nods his head to agree. The four make their way to their homeroom. The students make way for them as their eyes never stop staring at the four of them. Beautiful, handsome and definitely unreachable.

Boun Noppanut, the famous basketball player that has been sleeping with everyone who is considered popular enough unless your name is Fluke Natouch and Ohm Thitiwat. Even Kao is his friends with benefit and they occasionally when they are too lazy to look around. Although he is not that bright compared to the other three, he is definitely better than most of the school nerds combine. Academic wise, he is No.4.

Kao Noppakao, the theatre kid that is somehow cool enough to hang with the jocks and the cheerleaders. Due to his good look and cool personality, he has a fan club and gains new members each time he performs for school performance or taking part in the performance even if he is only the backstage members. Not only is he a genius in poetry and linguistics, but he is also the school representative for any math competitions. Academic wise, he is No.3.

Ohm Thitiwat, captain of the basketball club and the dark horse for the swimming club. His forte in sports gains him immense popularity between males and females alike. He just moved into the neighbourhood during his freshman year but he has already gained the interest of everyone since the first day he steps into the school building. In less than 3 months, he has captured the heart of everyone’s crush, Fluke Natouch, making everybody either hate him or envy him. Academic wise, alternate between No. 1 and No. 2.

Last but not least, Fluke Natouch, the beauty of the crew, the cheerleader captain and the only one that is a male throughout their school’s history. He is not only pretty but he is also handsome and perfect in every angle you look at him. Throughout his life living in the neighbourhood, he is always being the shining star and always has been no. 1 in academics until Ohm comes along and becomes his healthy competition to gain more success. One thing that he is definitely famous among the students is because he is…

A mythic .

“H-hi Fluke. I can’t wait to go to the audition for your team today.”

A soft voice greets the group, making everyone stay quiet, not expecting someone to bravely come up to them just to casually chat with the cheerleader. Fluke looks at the new man from his hair down to his shoes.

“And you are?”

Fluke puts on his fake friendly smile, not really showing any interest as he then goes back to playing with his boyfriend’s hair. Ohm leans closer to the soothing touch, staring at his beautiful boyfriend, memorizing every nook and cranny of the magnificent beauty and once a while leaning in to kiss the cheeks that turn red from his gesture.

Kao, however, has his eyes glued to the young man that he has never seemed to notice before. He smiles charmingly when the big eyes catch his, feeling smug when the small guy turns red slowly from the neck to the ears and lastly to the cheek. Boun chuckles at the interaction and shakes his head, knowing how Kao and he always thinks with their when it comes to someone who has a good look.

“M-my name is Cooheart! You can call me Earth if you prefer. Nice to meet you!”

The man named Earth holds out his hand for a handshake but all he gets is a raised eyebrow that then turns to a scowl. Fluke gestures with his eyes that his hand is busy pampering Ohm but the fair man does not seem to get it and keeps holding out his hand until Kao takes it in his for a handshake.

“I don’t know if I can take someone as dumb as you to be in my team. I don’t need people thinking the requirement is only looking like an airhead doll.”

Ohm chuckles and straightens himself up to take a look at the new guy then turns to his boyfriend. He shrugs and pulls the cheerleader close until the smaller man is practically sitting on his lap as he says out his opinion.

“He is not that good looking but you, my dear, are my amazing doll. Pretty and smart. I love you.”

Fluke smiles and cups the handsome face in his small hand, leaning in for a cute peck. Ohm catches the lips once again, wanting more without caring how some people take videos and pictures while Earth can only look away in shyness.

“Ignore them. Their job is to remind everyone they are single.”

Boun nods in agreement with Kao’s statement as he shifts away from the couple that is too busy each other's mouth without a care. He scrunches his nose when he hears soft noises coming from the cheerleader.

“At least he does not ask you to go away. That is an achievement!”

Boun says in amusement while trying to distract everyone from the explicit content his friends shamelessly present for the whole class to see. Earth’s eyes light up when he gets a positive remark from one of the four. Suddenly, Boun kicks Ohm’s stool when he sees the teacher on her way into the classroom. They pull apart with swollen lips and definitely an obvious tent in the pants.

“Toilet?”

Ohm whispers to the smaller man and Fluke shakes his head before whispering only for his boyfriend to hear where he likes to get down. The taller man hums and the two stands up, rushing to the back door until Fluke suddenly stops and turns to look at his friends.

“Boun, tell the teacher we’re busy and Earth, blow me at the audition.”

The cheerleader winks and Ohm quickly drags the smaller man away when the front door of the classroom is pushed by their homeroom teacher. The couple jogs away to the rooftop in a rush, leaving all the students in shock over the sudden warm welcome.

 

 

--

 

 

“Next!”

Fluke shouts in such annoyance when the 10th person does not meet his requirement to be in the team. He hates doing this the most because usually their seniors are good at picking new people and training them to be better but he does not have time to go through those s when he has Ohm and studies to balance with the cheerleading team (frankly, he is just too lazy to face fake es).

“Hello, I-I`m Earth.”

The cheerleading captain looks up to meet the familiar pretty face. A smirk presence to his lips as he sneakily records with his personal device finding that it will be a good material to go viral if it's embarrassing and a good blackmail material for Kao if the male is good enough.

“Hi, you are the pretty doll in the morning aren’t ya? Well, I hope you don’t disappoint me like those bunch of monkeys before.”

The vice-captain, Pineare, laughs merrily since she cannot help but agrees to the captain. Earth can only smile nervously before getting the cue from Fluke to start showcasing his talent. He does the cheerleader’s routine last year that he has memorized in his head flawlessly that a small genuine smile crawls to the luscious lips before his expression goes back to being serious.

“Okay, thank you. Pine, anyone else?”

Pineare looks down to the list of the sign-up and tries to read a foreign name but fails miserably making Fluke rolling his eyes as he grabs the name list impatiently to see it himself. The girl can only smile sheepishly as her face turns pink.

“Penelope. It's not that hard to read, Pine.”

The girl that is called quickly runs to the centre of the gymnasium. Fluke looks up and cannot hide the annoyance showing on his face. It is the infamous so-called Ohm’s childhood friend that cannot get the hint that his boyfriend is well- HIS.

“Coming here took some guts but I am not evil enough to stop you from dreaming to be in my team.”

The Thailand-European girl starts a routine that the captain pleasantly surprised. The routine she is performing is the first routine Fluke ever performed as an official cheerleading team and she does it as flawlessly as ever.

Once she finished, most of the people who were staying to watch the audition clapped their hands loudly in amazement. Fluke only jots down her name in the list that he definitely put in his team, besides the only name that is in it, Earth Katsamonnat. Fluke turns to Pineare and shows her the list he has put and they compare with one another before agreeing to have a meeting to finalize the chosen one.

“Ohm! You came!”

Penelope suddenly shrieks in excitement and about to leech into his arm before the basketball player avoids her as if she does not exist to go straight to his boyfriend with a whipped smile. Fluke chuckles seeing how the girl is left embarrassed for the people to see and gossip. An idea suddenly pops up and he suddenly stands startling the vice-captain who is still talking about the meeting.

“Ohmmy, catch me!”

Ohm chuckles and stops in the middle of the gym with open arms when he sees Fluke running full force and quickly jumps into his embrace like a koala, all four limp wrap onto Ohm’s physique. To avoid stumbling, Ohm twirls them around to get his ground and Fluke cannot hide the evil smirk he serves only for Penelope to see before catching Ohm lips in a soft kiss.

“You are doing this on purpose, don’t you?”

The cheerleader only grins brightly without any shame showing the sinister side of his to Ohm. He nods and steals another peck from the addictive lips to shut Ohm up, wanting to fulfil not only his tiny revenge but also to show how much he misses the taller male.

“Penelope is hella annoying and a dumb. She really doesn't understand when you humiliated her publicly by rejecting her and spreading her ugly childhood pictures throughout the school and social media. Guess her parents already settle with all those nasty s people talk about her online. Hmm, it must be nice to be pampered by your parents.”

The last word only left in a whisper but Ohm catches it and gently puts Fluke down to cup his tiny face with both hands, wanting to catch the doe eyes that are staring blankly each time parents are involved.

“Hey, at least they don’t stop you from being with me and you already have your own version of family. You, me, Kao and Boun. Moreover, Papa always likes you too and Mama!”

Ohm tries to remind the smaller man but all he gets is a tired face. The taller male curses himself under his breath that he mentions his mother. Yes, his mother might love Fluke like her own son that she can definitely get along but she always brushes off the fact that the two are actually a couple.

“Thank you Ohmmy, you are right. The four of us is enough. You guys are the family that I can turn to. I love you.”

The jock smiles when he sees the sparkles that usually glow in those doe eyes come back little by little. He caresses the soft chubby cheeks and kisses Fluke’s forehead, trying his best to convey every ounce of love he has towards his boyfriend. They stay for a few seconds before he looks into the sparkling doe eyes once more whispering the words that always leave butterflies in their stomach.

“I love you too. So much.”

Their moment gets disturbed however when Kao and Boun whistling at the two who is creating a drama without dialogue for others who definitely whipping up their phone to capture the moment, some is zooming to the girl that is biting her lower lip in jealousy while others zooming to the couple that is immersed in their own world until they cannot hear anyone that calling their name (aka Kao and Boun).

“Oi, annoying couple, let’s go now! Kao is ting his pants and scared to go pooping alone.”

Kao rolls his eyes and punches Boun's arm quite hard leaving the scrawny man to yell out in surprise. The couple looks at them and shifts slightly to give them the attention they want. Ohm holds Fluke tight in his embrace, back hugging the smaller, squeezing the waist for good measure.

“Shut the up! It’s you who keep scratching your . I told you to wash it properly don’t I?”

The loud reply of Kao left the couple to look at them in disgust while the rest of the students tried their best to hold their laughter. These two friends are definitely the comedic relief for their stuck up friends. The two focus back on their topic at hand and announce that they will follow them to the hospital.

"You guys want to visit Mama today?"

Fluke asks in confusion and leans himself to his boyfriend, rolling his eyes when he hears their fans squeal from the display of affection that is not an intimate make-out session. They are sweet when praying for his relationship to be long lasting but they can be an earful too.

"Yep! We miss Mama too."

Ohm nods and smiles gratefully. He is lucky to have friends that care about his mother as much as him. He knows that they are not from ordinary families like him and he is glad they all get the love of a mother from his.

"Okay then, meet you guys there. Flukie and I will go buy her fruits. She has been craving for it after we sneak in sweet snacks for her."

The four then disperse and the students start to leave the gymnasium as well since nothing is interesting to watch anymore.

 

 

--

 

 

"Hello, Mama! How are you?"

Fluke cheerfully greets the woman that is sitting on the bed, resting her back against the mattress. The woman smiles and opens her arms to greet the two newcomers warmly. She feels grateful to have three additional sons that always come and cheer her up to be healthy again.

"Hello Flukie, my dear, hello Ohmmy."

Boun and Kao make their way to the couch letting the couple entertain the woman instead while they discuss strategy and planning for the local e-sport competition that they always participate in if they are free. The discussion, however, ends up with the two talking about the guy that is brave enough to talk to Fluke this morning.

"Mama, we bought you fruits. I will go wash them with the knife and Flukie will cut it for you."

The woman nods her head and lets her son go before turning to the smaller man. She starts a friendly conversation about their days and Fluke is more than happy to share. The two once a while get cut off by Kao and Boun who likes to tease the smaller man but the next question makes Fluke shift uncomfortably and lets his eyes go downward towards his fists.

"Are you really planning on moving together with Ohmmy? How will you guys find someone to woo? I am pretty sure there is someone out there that suits you better Flukie."

Fluke stays quiet and bites his tongue, trying not to retort to the woman rudely since he always respects her but she is getting on his nerves. His heart hurts and throbs badly, feeling like he is not accepted by his own mother.

"Mama, I say this a lot of time. I will never break up with Fluke. In fact, I am going to propose to him before we continue our study."

Ohm interrupts their deafening silence with a firm voice that leaves his mother rigid. She sighs and turns to him with a disapproving look. Just like her, Ohm has his stubborn side from his mother while his determined side is coming from his father.

"You say you want a child of your own and I am sure Fluke cannot give you that. Be glad that I don’t mind you are biual, Ohm. Not every parent is too open-minded."

Feeling the sour atmosphere, Kao and Boun silently walk out of the room, knowing it is not their place to stay and listen to the private conversation. They know when the mother and son start to talk about Ohm’s relationship, it always leaves everyone in an unpleasant state especially those who listen and definitely, Fluke Natouch himself.

"Mama, I told you many times that adoption exists and who says Fluke is not a carrier? We are going to do a check-up after we graduate."

Fluke smiles softly at Ohm from his bang and unshed tears, earning him a wink. The mother clicks her tongue in annoyance and looks away from Ohm to turn and see Fluke. She sees the crestfallen face of the beautiful man and as much as she likes to deny, she knows that the two really match each other well, from head to toe.

She cannot help the guilt that is eating her alive. She does love Fluke like her own son but the pain that his parents left her and the way they treated the young man leaves a bitter taste in . Despite the sad look, she can clearly see from Fluke, her heart is still as hard as a rock to accept the fact her son is falling in love with a child from a man that left her for money.

To ease the tension, Fluke takes the first step and goes to Ohm to retrieve the plate of apples and fruit knife. He mumbles a silent thank you to his boyfriend before going back to his seat and starts peeling an apple to serve it for the patient.

"How about we talk about the future when it comes? Right now, Mama needs to fill up her stomach and taste bud after eating such plain boring food."

With the small initiative, the mother and son calm down, going along with Fluke since they know none of them is physically (for Mama) and mentally (for Fluke) ready to talk. They are here to ensure the mother entertains and not pain her anymore. She needs to be healthy again since everyone is more than glad to be with her at the comfort of the Riprasert’s mansion.

Once the clock struck 7 pm, the couple bid the woman goodbye, knowing she needed her rest after her checkup and dinner that ended up with her medicine intake. From the corridor of the hospital to the car Ohm has parked, the big hand never leaves the smaller one, squeezing it lightly to give each other encouragement.

They can get through this.

They always get what they want and approval from Ohm's mother is no different.

 

 

--

 

 

“One! Two! Three! Four! One! Two! Earth! How many times have I told you it’s left!”

Earth gasps and tries his best to nod but his head is starting to spin. They have not taken a break for two hours and keep repeating the routine without any rest. Lately, everyone knows that Fluke is not in a good mood therefore they try to not anger the captain. The only one who can tame him is his one and only boyfriend.

“Fluke, you are going too far! Earth is getting pale!”

Penelope voices out, there is a lace of anger in her tone and all she gets is a sharp glare. Fluke then turns to Earth, seeing how she is right, he sighs and goes to the cooler. He then holds the cold water to the red face gently.

“Go and take a rest! When I ask if anyone have weak bodies I don’t ing insult. I ask because I don’t want to drag someone to the hospitals. Stop trying to kiss my . You can’t do that when you are bedridden.”

Everyone keeps quiet as Fluke takes Earth to the bench. Everyone turns to Penelope with judging eyes while the girl shrinks herself out of embarrassment, not understanding why they even give her the stink eye. Earth feels grateful that despite Fluke cursing throughout the day, he does not neglect his responsibility in taking care of his team.

“Sorry, Fluke.”

The captain only hums and passes a small towel to his new member before focusing back on the girls and raising an eyebrow, looking at each one of them one by one. They all shift, getting a bit shy from the intense stare. No one can blame them though, the captain is not only beautiful but when he is in his serious mode, he is handsome as hell.

“You, you, you and you! Go and take a rest. All of you, start again from the top!”

The girls that are pointed cannot hide their relieved face as they slowly make their way to the cooler. The others stare with envy wanting to have a rest too and Fluke can see it but they look perfectly well despite the sweat that is profusely dripping down their face and neck.

“You guys can have a rest too after perfecting the routine. And for god sake Penelope, before complaining about me, how about you go get laid to be more flexible. Stiff as a ing wood.”

The captain stays at the bench beside Earth who tries his best to control his laugh from the crude attack. The girl gasps dramatically with her face getting red as she retorts back as rudely as the captain.

“At least I don’t open my legs to every ing guy that comes my way.”

The gymnasium becomes deadly quiet that it leaves an uncomfortable feeling to everyone in the gym as they look at the two. Fluke's smile has turned into a straight face as he keeps his eyes on Penelope without blinking. The girl does not seem to fear as they keep on staring at each other. Before the captain can reply, the familiar tall figure walks in with a dark aura surrounding him.

“What the did you say about my ing boyfriend?”

Ohm glares with such hatred making most of the girls looking away, not wanting to anger the couple anymore. Everyone parts when the basketball player goes straight to Penelope that looks paler when she registers that her crush hears the insult she throws to the smaller man.

“I ask you a question. What the you say about my boyfriend. I thought you are so brave to talk in front of his face and now you are peeing in fear when I am here.”

Penelope is looking everywhere but the taller male that keeps on glaring at her as if she is the most disgusting human being. Her eyes are getting teary when she notices everyone seems to take out their phone, recording or taking pictures of her like she is a hideous art.

“Actually Ohmmy, she is not wrong though. I do open my legs for every guy that comes to me but what she does not know is the only one brave enough to me good is you.”

Fluke laughs softly thinking about the guys that keep doing stupid rumours of ing him when the only that ever is in him is Ohm. Not that he minds when someone hack into Ohm’s phone to retrieve a few pictures of him laying on his boyfriend’s bed looking thoroughly used by the basketball player to post saying it was them who tired him out. He looks hella gorgeous in those pictures, no wonder Ohm loves to take pictures of him each time they reach their .

“Such a shock you don’t get expelled already but I guess we have a reason now.”

Ohm walks to his boyfriend and kisses his forehead before taking a seat at the bench as well, leaving the others to sit on the floor. Fluke leans to the taller’s chest, snuggling up cosily in the warm embrace before giving a mocking smile to the only girl that is literally shaking like a leaf at the court.

“You know what, I kind of like the idea, it’s not like she is much of a help. I guess I can kick you out. Oh, by the way, whoever recorded that pass it in the group chat. I think someone needs to be prepared to fly back to her daddy.”

Everyone laughs knowing how true those words are. They all know Penelope is a daddy girl that is always whining to her dad whenever she is in trouble. Either because of the malicious comment about her pursuing Ohm when he is in a relationship or rumours about her going to nightclubs even though she is underage.

“Oh my god, she in pees! You are scaring her so bad Ohmmy.”

Fluke points out and the girls make weird disgusting noises while Earth laughs silently from his water bottle. This catches Fluke’s interest and he turns to Ohm to whisper his thoughts. The couple smile and the captain pokes the boy’s shoulder to gain his attention amidst the chaos of people laughing and cooing in disgust while Penelope runs away, nearly tripping from her wet white shoes that are now stained with a pale yellow.

“Hey, Earth, want to join me and Ohm picking Kao up at the school theatre?”

The boy blushes when he hears the familiar name, he looks at the two to see if they are only playing a trick on him like they always do to anyone who tries to have a chance with Boun or Kao but all he sees is an amused smile from Ohm and the rarest friendly smile that is authentically genuine from Fluke. Taking the once in a lifetime chance, Earth nods his head.

The couple nods at the same time leaving Earth to coos in his head over how synchronized they are. Definitely, a pair that will last for eternity.

“Okay everyone, I guess today is done. Since a just got kicked out of the team, the next practice will be hella intense to cover up the spots she left.”

The cheerleaders sigh, knowing they will be burned out next session. They lounge around to catch their breath and replenish their energy but the couple stands up with Ohm holding onto Fluke’s bag while the cheerleader clings to his arm.

A normal sight of the two when Fluke is happy he gets what he wants in his way.

 

 

--

 

 

“I am happy Mama is discharged well and healthy!”

Fluke excitedly hugs the woman, clinging to her dearly since he always loves her for always being the mother figure he never has. His parents are married out of a contract and they never truly love each other. Usually, he gets the love from his grandparents but when they die of old age, he has no one to go to except for Ohm and his family.

“I am happy too that I can go out of this boring room. I want to cook with Flukie. Let’s go and meet Ohmmy and Papa in the car.”

The beautiful man smiles brightly and nods his head, leading the elder to walk out of the hospital. The two are having a small chat about what to cook and when they have arrived at the car, Ohm’s mother quickly announces to go to the supermarket to get the ingredients.

“Is that all? Anymore we need, Mama?”

Papa asks his spouse and the woman stares at the bag of groceries thoughtfully as she mumbles the lists of all of the ingredients needed, nodding her head when she is sure that they have got everything. The four make their way to the car until Ohm asks for his parents to go first and leave the parking ticket to him.

“Fluke, come with me, I want to buy bubble tea. We can get your coffee too.”

The smaller man seems to think about it but before he can answer, Papa already pushes him gently to Ohm, knowing that his son wants to spend a bit more time with Fluke and it will be impossible once they go back home. His wife may disagree with their relationship but she always treats Fluke as if he is her son-in-law. He believes she already accepts the two although she cannot let go of the past. He hopes that she realised soon what has been done is done and everyone needs to move on.

“Go, go. I and your mom will wait at the main door. Take your time.”

Ohm grins sheepishly and he quickly takes Fluke’s soft hand in his to drag him away when he sees the frown in his mother’s face. The couple escapes quickly until they are riding the escalator to catch their breath. The two look at each other and laugh brightly, feeling happy they can have a mini date in between the family outing.

Their first stop is at Ohm’s bubble tea shop since it is nearer compared to the coffee shop. They take a few selfies together and short videos of one another while they are waiting for Ohm’s drink. They continue their date to get Fluke and the elderly couple’s drink, taking their sweet time walking as slow as possible. They then make their way to the main door casually once they get everything they need.

“Have you paid for the ticket? Let’s go, Papa is waiting for us at the opposite of the road.”

The taller man nods and carelessly walks in front of his boyfriend with his eyes looking down at his wallet. Suddenly, he hears his name out loud and his body launches forward. He hears a crashing sound behind him and a scream.

“FLUKE!”

He hears her mother shrill and he quickly turns around to see the most traumatising image of his lover bleeding from the head, eyes barely open. He shakingly crawls to the fragile body, the buzz around him deafening for his ears as he whispers Fluke’s name. His eyes tear up as he tries to put on a small smile to encourage the lying man to stay awake and fortunately, the ambulance arrives fast enough.

“Sorry young man, we can only have one person inside the ambulance.”

Ohm looks at his mother and silently nods to her when she gives him a reassuring gaze, going to the vehicle and takes a seat beside a paramedic. He turns to see his father talking seriously with the driver and his anger boils.

“! You ing hit MY boyfriend with your cheap car!”

Ohm’s loud accusation makes the passerby stop to look at the drama. The tall man is being held by his father who is trying to calm him down while the girl he is cursing at is sobbing hard. She was just trying to scare the couple when she saw them but she accidentally stepped on the accelerator pedal causing the collision to happen.

“I-I wasn’t meant to. It's supposed to be a joke! I swear!”

Hearing her excuse, Ohm’s father looks at her sternly while Ohm only looks madder, his neck has turned obviously red and his teary eyes looking scarier from the glare and redness. Once he feels his father holds on him loosen, he gently pushes the hand away and steps closer to the perpetrator.

“Listen here, Penelope. I have enough of you and I hope your dad is having a field day to know his spoiled little brat is going to juvenile with a criminal record of attempting murder. I promise to make you homeless and eat your ing once your family is bankrupt. Mark my word in your puny little brain, you psycho.”

Within a few hours, the video went viral making Kao and Boun rush to the hospital. They sigh in relief when they see that Fluke is out of the emergency state. However, the smaller man still has not woken up from his slumber leaving Ohm worried sick.

“Hey, he hasn’t woken up yet?”

The tall man only sighs hearing the question from Kao. The two best friends can only look at each other sadly. The three quietly stay beside Fluke's laying body until they hear loud talking and a bang of the door making them turn around to the scene.

“You cannot stop me from meeting my own freaking son!”

A petite professional-looking woman talks in such authority making Ohm’s mother roll her eyes in disgust over the sudden act of kindness.

“You only come to scold him about the viral video, don’t you? You never care about him do you?!”

The two women keep bickering and Ohm cannot help but feel the sudden urge of anger comes since they are disturbing Fluke. Thankfully, his father saves the day and drags his mother away, giving the unfamiliar woman to visit Fluke. The two best friends stand awkwardly at the side not knowing what to do when she frantically makes her way to her son.

Ohm, however, calmly steps aside giving the woman space for her to look at his boyfriend but never lets the small hand out of his grasp. He silently looks at the woman who only stares at the sleeping beauty with sorrow and regrets.

“You can speak to him if you want.”

Ohm speaks softly, not wanting to break the atmosphere. He sees how the woman turns to him and smiles appreciatively before gently greeting Fluke, speaking to him in a motherly way, far from how his boyfriend ever describes his mother.

“I am sorry I only have the guts to be gentle when you are like this. You know, I never missed any of the competitions that you participate in. I am sorry too, on behalf of your father, that he cannot come.”

She runs her fingers to the soft strand letting herself drown in a small talk and apologies to Fluke, her one and only beloved son. Ohm smiles sadly as he lets his eyes wander to the hand that limply stays in his, squeezing it gently, conveying his message of gratitude and happiness that at least one of Fluke’s parents did show up in concern for him.

“Ohm... I have to go now. Please take good care of Fluke as you have always been. I trust you. I know your mom does not give her blessing yet but believe me, it has never been about you two. She does love the two of you dearly and I know she has always been nice to Fluke. I will talk to her for you.”

The young man looks up with wide eyes before nodding his head. He cannot believe that Fluke’s mother knows his existence and their relationship. Sure, they flaunt it throughout their social media but he remembers that Fluke blocks both of their accounts from his parents out of spite when his father gets mad at him for auditioning as a cheerleader.

“Maam, how do you know...”

The woman smiles more genuinely than before as she holds out her phone showing that she follows one of their fan accounts. Ohm rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment when the realisation that Fluke’s mother saw their intimate pictures and videos. He forgot that there are accounts dedicated to their relationship. She then continues.

“I can never show my love for him when guilt always stays inside me but I always try my best to provide for him and keep an update. It may not be the best way to show my appreciation of his existence but one day, I will have the courage to say I love you to him.”

Ohm’s heart warms listening to Fluke’s mother, he wishes Fluke can hear her despite the slumber he is in. He can imagine the beautiful smile that will stay on the gorgeous face as the eyes shine so bright, perhaps brighter than when he hears those words from Ohm.

The taller man smiles and nods his head for the umpteenth time when the woman excuses herself out, bidding her goodbye and even invites her to visit Fluke once he wakes up, in which she only replies with a mysterious smile.

 

 

--

 

 

A day has passed since the incident yet Fluke has not woken up from his long slumber, making everyone worried that his head might hit harder on the road then they thought. Ohm has never left Fluke’s side except when he needs to go to the toilet. Even when his parents force him to go home and prepare for his school, the young man refuses strongly and nearly ends up fighting with his mother again.

Fortunately, Ohm’s father calms the two down and lets his son stay, knowing Ohm will throw a tantrum when it comes to Fluke. The two best friends, Boun and Kao, come to visit in the evening and plan to stay until visiting hours end. They are shocked during their visit, one of Fluke’s cheerleader team, Earth, comes with a fruit basket, looking genuinely worried as he greets the three.

“Fluke hasn’t woken up yet? I hope he will have a good rest and wake up with energy. The team needs him.”

The three look at each other and sigh in relief. At least, Fluke has a true friend in the cheerleading team that they can entrust with to take good care of him when they are busy with their own activities. Kao makes his way to Earth and offers him a seat once he passes the fruit basket to Ohm.

“Thank you for visiting him. Usually, no one truly cares about us except for... Us. We are glad to know at least there is someone in the team that sees Fluke as a friend.”

The four of them engage in a small talk, getting to know each other and Earth cannot hide the smile when he sees how whenever Ohm talks about himself, he never leaves Fluke’s name away from his lips. The two are definitely in love with each other and he can never imagine one without another.

“I hope Fluke can wake up right now and see that they are more people that really care for him. He has locked his heart and only selective people have the key to open it. I am pretty sure he already has a soft spot for you,”

Ohm shares his opinion when he hears how Fluke always seems to have eyes on Earth and helps him more than the other. He also sometimes hears the male’s name when they share their day and he can clearly hear the friendly tone that is reserved usually only for Boun and Kao.

“Thank you, Ohm. I am more than glad to be his friends. The girls may not be fond of him but I know they are just scared since he tends to be a bit scary and bossy when aiming for perfection.”

The three laugh softly knowing how Fluke is since they always become a team for their school projects. Ohm silently listens to them talking more about Fluke while playing his fingers when he feels a ghostly grip to one of his. He turns his head quickly to monitor his boyfriend and gasps softly when he sees the closed eyes moving.

“Flukie, Flukie?”

The smaller man groans softly, getting the attention of everyone. Slowly, he opens his eyes and looks around confusedly until he sees Ohm in his vision. A small grateful smile stays on his lips and Ohm quickly kisses his forehead as he leans to push the nurse button and alert them.

“Good evening gorgeous.”

Ohm whispers and kisses the soft cheeks before leaning away to give the doctor and nurse some space to attend Fluke. The smaller man whines softly not wanting to let go of the big hand that never leaves him throughout the days he was sleeping.

The doctor calms Fluke down and quickly checks on him. Within a few minutes, he is deemed fine. However, he still needs to go back for a checkup monthly to make sure his head does not have any impact that can cause serious illness later.

Once the room left with the four of them (minus the patient that was laying on the bed), everyone crowded on Fluke only to get a warning growl since he needed space to breathe and perhaps another cup of water.

“Never thought I miss hearing you hiss like a menopause cat.”

Boun wipes his fake tears while Earth looks at him with relief despite the timid way he hides behind Kao. Fluke glances at them for a while until his eyes land on the pretty male. He raises an eyebrow before turning his attention to his boyfriend.

“Ohmmy, kick Boun out. He is being a piece of . Woah, my voice is hoarse as hell.”

Fluke touches his throat and smiles when a glass of water serves in front of him. He takes it and takes a large gulp happily. Ohm pats his boyfriend’s bed hair with his eyes speaks a warning for him to drink slowly in which Fluke starts to slow down as he finishes his drink.

Boun takes a seat at the corner of the bed and gently pokes the leg under the blanket. His face has a mischievous look once he gets Fluke’s attention. The smaller man rolls his eyes but still asks why the hell he gives him that look.

“Are you ready for the best news? I must say, I am proud you have a father-in-law that is ready to drag someone for you.”

Fluke smiles and tilts his head, asking for Boun to continue. The four listen to the news of how Penelope is getting sent to juvenile and her father's empire in the business world is collapsing into crumbs, not to mention the debt with the bank. Fluke let out a happy laugh listening to every misery that Boun reports that it sends chills down Earth’s spine yet in the corner of his heart, there is a satisfaction rooted as he keeps listening to the worst end of the culprit.

“Looks like we can blast the viral video of her old deeds once again. There is a reason why you don’t mess with Fluke Natouch.”

The four of them discuss how to make Penelope more famous that she cannot even hide after going out of juvenile until the door of Fluke’s room is open. Three adults are standing at the doorway and one of the women leaves Fluke to stiffen on his bed.

“M-mom?”

Ohm quickly signals Boun and Kao to go, bringing Earth with them while his hand busies themselves to hold onto Fluke, comforting him out of his anxiousness. The three excuses themselves and the adults come in.

“Hi Fluke, how are you?”

The mother and son awkwardly greet each other and with Ohm’s help, the two warms up until Ohm’s mother clears . Everyone turns their attention to her and she silently goes to the only space she can squeeze herself in to be closer to Fluke.

“Flukie, your mom and I have discussed some stuff and I want you to know that I always love you like you are my own. I am sorry I have hurt you when I acted so nonchalant and disapproved towards your relationship with Ohmmy. I am still in the process of accepting so tell Mama if Mama ever hurt you again, okay?”

The couple has their eyes wide open in disbelief. Without noticing, tears of happiness escape from Fluke’s doe eyes as he nods silently, leaning to his boyfriend when he feels those protective arms wrap around him, kissing his forehead gently.

“Thank you, Mama. We are glad to know that you are trying and I hope one day, you will accept us with all your heart.”

Ohm speaks with a hoarse voice, trying his best to keep the tears from pouring. He knows that once he cries, then Fluke will only cry harder until his head throbs. They stay in each other's embrace for a while until Fluke pulls away slightly to whisper, only for his mother to hear.

“Thank you, mom.”

 

 

--

 

 

The day Fluke walks in the school hallway with Ohm’s arm wraps possessively around his waist, everyone looks at them in envy and fear. The gossip about Ohm’s mother accepting the two spreads like wildfire once they see the sudden family picture of the couple with Ohm’s parents with a cryptic message that leads to the assumption posted on their social media. The videos of Penelope getting humiliated on multiple occasions also went viral with the video of her admitting she hits Fluke with her car.

Everyone can see how the girl’s world has been crushed to dust and there is only one thing they can agree on.

No one messes with the high school sweetheart.