end

Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was a strong believer of happy endings. She grew up watching all those romantic movies and reading fairytales about love and happy endings. And Joohyun wanted thatfor herself, although being an avid fan of fairytales and happy endings; Joohyun has never been in love before.

No, Joohyun has never been in love – she looked for love in any way she can but somehow she found it hard to fall in love with her suitors. They were unlike those characters that she’s seen in the movies she’s watched or those main characters in the books she’s read. She just couldn’t find that certain connection to the people she’s dating – as cliché as it may sound there just wasn’t any spark. The feeling isn’t just the same when she watches the two main characters hold hands for the first time or when she reads two people sharing a kiss underneath a blanket of stars.

No, Joohyun has never been in love – she wanted it to be like one of those stories where she gets to meet someone and then –

BAM!

Joohyun’s thoughts were interrupted when she found herself on the ground with her head ringing from the sudden impact of God-knows-what hit her. She has her eyes closed and in instinct have both of her hands on her forehead where it hurts.

Joohyun groaned from the pain and heard a shuffle of footsteps nearing her direction and a very soft voice calling out if she’s okay, though it was somehow soft there was a sense of urgency in it.

“Miss, oh God, I’m so sorry. Are you all right? Does your head hurt? I-I can accompany you to the nurse’s clinic.”

Joohyun may or may have not have a concussion or she might as well be dead, for when she opened her eyes she saw the most beautiful thing she has ever seen – albeit her bangs were matted from the sweat and her golden locks were a mess, the lady, whom Joohyun assumed as a football player basing on her jersey shirt she’s wearing, was sporting on a very worried look and Joohyun thought maybe she really is in heaven. Most probably she saw an angel.

“Hi? I hope it doesn’t hurt that much but I’m willing to go with you to the clinic.”

Joohyun blinked once, twice from what she heard and she thought is the most angelic voice that she heard in her life. Joohyun grabbed the hand that was offered to her and felt herself being pulled up from the ground and her eyes were now leveled with the blonde and she felt her breath hitch.

“I’m okay, a bit dizzy but I’m okay.”

“I’m really sorry, miss. I swear that wasn’t on purpose,” Joohyun heard the blonde let out a nervous laugh and then grinned at her. “I’m Wendy by the way.”

Wendy extended her hand in front of her and Joohyun took it, making the blonde smile widely at her, “Joohyun.”

“Nice to meet you, Joohyun. Sorry for hitting you but I swear that was unintentional. You really sure you don’t want me to go to the clinic with you?”

Joohyun smiled at the blonde, “It’s really okay.” She looked behind the girl and saw her teammates looking at them waiting, “Uhm, I think they need you back to the field.”

Wendy bent down and took the ball in her hands and gave  Joohyun a wide grin, showing her set of almost perfect teeth as she bid her goodbye. Joohyun watched the blonde’s retreating back and jolted when she saw Wendy turning around giving her another smile – this time a much more captivating one making Joohyun’s stomach tied to a knot, “Oh, yeah. Uhm, I’ll see you around?”

Joohyun let out a breathy laugh, “Sure.”

*

Joohyun stood by the bus stop as she waited for her bus to arrive, she heaved a deep sigh – she shouldn’t have stayed too long at the library just for a research paper. She has the means at home and yet Joohyun doesn’t even know why she spent time at the library just for a paper. Maybe her mental gears were detached when she was hit by a ball by a certain blonde. Joohyun chuckled as she remembered what happened the other day by the football field. She didn’t expect that she’d be facing a minor accident when she changed her usual route on her way to her last class of the day.

Unknowingly, Joohyun raised her hand to her forehead to where she was hit and rubbed it as a smile was spread across her lips when she remembered a certain blonde with her oh-so charming smile. Wendy.

A honk pulled her out from her reverie and Joohyun dropped her hands from her forehead, and stared at the shiny silver Tucson in front of her. She looked around to see if the honking was intended for another person but when she saw no one around, Joohyun started to get anxious. Her worries dissipated when she saw the passenger seat’s window rolled down and revealed a familiar blonde smiling at her.

“Hi, Joohyun.”

Speaking of the devil.

“Do you need a ride?” She heard Wendy asked as the blonde raised her brows in her query.

“N-no, it’s okay. I don’t want to impose.”

Wendy just chuckled and opened the door from the inside, “I insist plus it’s getting late.”

Joohyun looked around to check if there’s any bus coming, “It’s really okay.”

“Come on, consider this as payback from when I hit you with a ball.” Wendy was looking at her with glistening eyes and brows arched; it was as if she was pleading, “Please?”

Joohyun let out a defeated sigh and smiled, “Fine.” She reached for the handle and opened the door of the passenger seat. Joohyun felt slightly awkward, it’s not every day that someone offers her a ride home, especially if that someone is a person she finds attractive, yes she admits she may have a tiny bit crush on the soccer player.

“Great, now hop on. I’ll be your Uber for tonight.”

Wendy look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter