Enlightenment

Nirvana
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seulgi-yah!”

I turned to your direction. Sino ba namang hindi mapapalingon? Kaliit liit mong tao, kalakas lakas ng boses mo. Pero syempre, secret ko lang yun. Ayoko pa pong mamatay.

Pero syempre if ikaw naman papatay sa akin, edi go. Magrereklamo pa ba ako eh anghel na ang sumusundo sa akin?

I didn’t realize I was still smiling silly when you playfully hit my shoulder.

“Ngini-ngiti ngiti mo diyan?” taas-kilay mong tanong.

I could only grin sheepishly and then give you a bear hug.

“Wala lang. Masaya lang kasama ka.”

Your ears turned pink. Cute. Like a bunny. My bunny.

“Ewan ko sa’yo.” You dismissively said, pero I can tell tumagos yung banat ko. Ang pula ng mukha mo. “Lika na nga, let’s enjoy the fair.”

And you dragged me to different rides and attractions.

We first went to the shooting gallery. Di ko talaga alam ano tawag dun pero it was where you shoot figurines and you get a prize in return. I saw your eyes making hearts at the cute and fluffy bunny prize pool. Who am I to not try my best to give you that fluffy bunny?

One shot, two shot, three shot, boom! Panalo!

You shrieked in happiness beside me and hugged me tightly. You kissed my cheek as a thank you and it was my turn to blush. Napahawak nalang ako sa batok ko out of embarrassment.

“Thank you, Seul!” you happily said while clutching the bunny in your hands.

Sunod naman natin pinuntahan ang carousel. Ayaw mo kasi sa rollercoasters cause you’re afraid of heights and scary tingnan yung loops ng coasters.

“Kung gusto mo, ikaw nalang. I’ll just wait for you here,” you offered.

Umiling lang ako. Ayoko kayang di kita kasama.

“But it wouldn’t be fun without you.”

I knew I was whining and I couldn’t help but pout. Kinurot mo lang ang pisngi ko tapos tumawa.

“Ang cute cute ng bear ko,” you smiled cheekily. Di ko napigilan, ngumiti na rin ako. Then you looped your arms around mine and went in line along with other people for the carousel ride. “Pero thank you for understanding me. Nakakatakot kasi talaga yung itsura ng coasters. Add mo pa dun yung loops na parang babaliktarin yung kaluluwa mo. Salamat nalang.”

Natawa lang ako sa description mo. But looking at it from a different perspective, I guess you somewhat have a point. Medyo scary nga tingnan but I’m an adrenaline junkie so what do I know?

“I hope you wouldn’t be bored by this though.”

I looked at you and smiled while kissing your temple in the process. “How can I be bored if it’s with you? It’ll always be fun no matter where it would be as long as I’m with you.”

It was only for a split second pero I saw a glint of sadness in your eyes. Gusto ko sana magtanong pero I didn’t want to spoil the moment. Baka guni-guni ko lang yun so I just didn’t mind it.

Ilang minuto pa and it was finally our turn. You rode the carriage, I rode on a horse. We were like little kids cosplaying as a princess (you) and a knight (me). Tawa lang tayo ng tawa while a princess-y theme played as the carousel ride operated.

It was a solid 3 minutes bago natapos yung ride and we were in pure bliss.

I smiled at you and you returned it to me just as warmly. You looped your arms around mine again and we proceeded to stroll around the fair.

“Hey Hyun…”

“Hmmm?”

“One last ride?” I asked and pointed at one ride that you can’t miss no matter how hard you tried. It was standing tall amongst all rides in the fair, a quiet yet towering piece of carnival architecture.

I could feel you tense slightly. Kasi nga you’re afraid of heights.

“I-I don’t know Seul…” panimula mo. “I mean, di ba mataas yan?”

I looked at you and then at the ferris wheel and back at you again.

“Medyo,” I honestly confessed, “pero hindi siya kasing bilis ng coasters and there are no loops as well. It’s a pretty chill ride and you wanna know the best part?”

Tumingin ka naman sa akin, your question dancing in your eyes, and I flashed you that crescent-eyed smile of mine that you always love to see.

“You get to hold me with no bars or restraints and I’ll be beside you.”

Di ko talaga inexpect na papayag ka. I just saw you give me a soft smile and the next thing I know, you were already dragging me towards the line leading up to the ferris wheel.

It was already sunset, the golden hour. Perfect match.

I didn’t know how I did it honestly pero I was able to convince you to ride it with me. I wanted you to see the magnificent view, from a safe space, of course. And I’ll be there by your side. Always.

We waited in line for a couple of minutes then it was our turn to board a cab.

“Let’s stay like this forever, Hyun.” I said as we were s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter