All I Want For Christmas

All I Want For Christmas- One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was a senior at a girl's high school. The school next to them is a boy's high school. It really didn't make sense why they had to separate the schools when they were just next to each other. It would have made her life much easier. She had the biggest crush on a boy from the other school. His name is Donghae and he's very popular because he's been modeling since he was a child. She has admired him since her freshman year, but since this last year of high school is almost done, she really needs to make the most out of it. Dara was rushing out of their classroom as soon as they were dismissed. Dara's bestfriend Hyoni tried to catch up with her as she went out the door.

Hyoni: Dara, where do you think you're going? We have an exam tomorrow

Dara: I just need to...

Hyoni: No, you don't need to do anything right now except study. I know where you're going and you'll end up going home late then you'll be too lazy to study

Dara: You know it's Thursday right? You know what I can't miss today..

Hyoni: I know where you want to go but it's not something that you cannot miss, what you need to make sure of is not to miss the exam tomorrow.

Dara: I promise, I'll just take a peek and then I'll head home.

Hyoni sighed. There's not much she can do when her friend has set her mind to it....well actually him, the guy she's been crushing on for more than three years now

Hyoni: What exactly are you planning to achieve by hounding him like this?

Dara: What do you mean? I just like watching him play  basketball.

Hyoni: Yeah, right. Make sure you call me when you get home okay.

Dara: I will.

Dara tried to run so that she'd have more time to watch him before she had to go home. She could hear the ball being dribbled and the shuffling of the guys' feet on the pavement. Dara sat at her usual spot.

Hyuk: There goes your loyal fan like clockwork, he said to Donghae

Donghae looked in the direction where Hyuk was looking but he really didn't have to, he already knew who it was. She never bothered him or anything, she just stayed at her usual spot every single week since junior year when they started playing basketball after homeroom. Then she leaves after a certain time, like she has a bus to catch. He noticed her earlier than that, he seemed to see her at the gate after school during freshman and sophomore year. He knew he had fans, but she was the only one that did not even dare come up to him. She was just there looking, no pictures, no gifts, or love letters, just looking unobtrusively. It would have been creepy if not for her being this cute tiny thing. He reminded her of a cute bunny when he was little. It's not that he dislikes her, he's just the type of guy that likes someone who would appreciate him beyond his looks. He saw someone approach Dara and he didn't like who it was. Not only is the guy a jerk he is also a known bully.

Jinsoo: Hey you, who are you waiting for? Don't tell me you're waiting for pretty boy right there. Don't trust guys that wear make up, they may look different up close.

Dara stood up and turned around to leave.

Jinsoo: Ya! How dare you just leave! I'm talking to you.

The guys playing basketball overheard Jinsoo raising his voice. They stopped to check if they need to get involved.

Dara: (Bowing) I'm sorry I have to go (turning to leave)

Some of the guys that were with Jinsoo blocked Dara's path.

Jinsoo: You go when I tell you to.

Hyukjae and Donghae saw what was happening and decided to intervene. The rest of their classmates were still undecided about coming forward to defend the girl, it may be a different situation though if Hyukjae and Donghae got into a fight.

Hyukjae: Ya! Don't you guys have anything better to do than terrorize girls? (Shouting while on his way to  confront the bullies) 

Jinsoo: Are you talking to me? (looking towards Hyukjae and Donghae's direction)

Donghae: Yes, you.

Dara wanted to flee, this is not what she had in mind when she thought of meeting him for the first time.

Donghae: Are you okay? (asking Dara)

Dara was tongue-tied. She just bowed and then went past the guy who was no longer blocking the way and was now facing Donghae and Hyukjae.

Jinsoo: Aww, we don't have to argue over someone like that? Look at her scurry like a mice.

Donghae: You need to learn how to treat people better

Jinsoo: Oh is that a threat pretty boy?

Donghae's friends started moving towards them and Jinsoo realized they were outnumbered. 

Jinsoo: You know what? While you're here, and if you don't want me to bother that little mice, can you do me a favor?

Donghae: What kind of favor?

Jinsoo whispered it in his ear and Donghae thought it was not much of a bother considering Jinsoo would leave that girl alone. Donghae nodded.

Jinsoo: Have a great game guys! (Jinsoo shouted as he and his thug-like friends left)

Hyukjae: What did you agree to do? I hope it's not anything illegal

Donghae: No, it's nothing. Don't worry about it.

Dara called Hyoni about what happened as soon as she got home.

Hyoni: Isn't Jinsoo the guy courting Seohyun? 

Dara: I don't know.

Hyoni: Oh, I forgot, your world only revolves around that model.

Dara: I just don't keep up with campus gossip as much as you do.

Hyoni: That's not gossip. Everyone knows about it because the guy literally terrorizes the campus whenever he comes over.

Dara: Well I hope that's the last time I'll encounter him

Hyoni: I think Seohyun does not like him and he's been asking her sister Joohyun to try to vouch for him. Jinsoo and Joohyun actually are better off together in my opinion.

Dara: I know for sure the twins can have their pick of whomever they like since they're so popular 

Hyoni: Hah, that's where you're wrong, as far as I know Joohyun is also hoping for your guy to notice her

Dara: Joohyun has a crush on Donghae?

Hyoni: Oh yes, but unlike you, she won't let people know about it because it would hurt her pride if he rejects her

Dara: So if Donghae likes her back, they might end up together? 

Hyoni: If, and that is a big if. Now if your guy just likes pretty and popular girls then he is not worth your time.

Dara: Do you think he likes her?

Hyoni: I don't know, what's gotten into you? Why don't we hang up the phone so that you can start studying and I'll see you tomorrow.

Dara: Okay, good night 

Dara was bothered by what Hyoni told her. How could she compete with someone like Joohyun? Well, someone told her before that she was prettier, Joohyun just happened to be popular. Although, that opinion might not actually count because the one who said that was her brother. 

A week passed and Dara got so caught up with midterms that she forgot it was Thursday. She was on her way to go to the other campus when she saw a commotion at the gate of their school. It turns out, she didn't have to go over because the guy she was looking forward to see was there waiting with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Dara wanted desperately to think he was waiting for her but she was actually more scared that he was waiting for someone else. And true enough it was someone else, Joohyun to be exact. Dara didn't know if she should stay and watch or if she should go. She decided it was too much to bear so she went back to campus and waited until the group of people surrounding Donghae and Joohyun have left. Hyoni found her at the bleachers. She was holding back her tears but when she saw Hyoni, she started crying. 

Hyoni: I'm sorry. I know how much you liked him but I told you if that's the kind of girl he likes then it says a lot about his character. Of all the girls to choose from, he chose the evil twin.

Dara: I don't know why I spent all that time on him when I could have put it to better use.

Hyoni: Exactly! Stop wasting your time from now on. 

Dara: But it made me so happy just seeing him even from afar.

Hyoni: Not everything that makes us happy is good for us

Dara: (Sighing) I hope I get over him soon

Hyoni: You will and it's about time you worry about your future.

Dara: I want to get my education over and done with and get started on my career.

Hyoni: That's the right mindset, now let me treat you to an ice cream cone

Dara: Can I order a parfait instead?

Hyoni: Whatever you want, I'm just glad I've got my bestfriend back, it seemed like you were under a spell for so long

The next Thursday, Donghae seemed to keep looking at the bleachers looking for someone. Hyukjae about it.

Hyukjae: Are you missing your fan? 

Donghae: I just want to know if she's safe and that Jinsoo has kept his word.

Hyukjae: Well it's either Jinsoo went back on his word and the girl is afraid to set foot on this campus again, or, she saw what you did last week and is no longer interested to follow you around

Donghae was silent. The important thing is that Jinsoo will not bully her anymore, he just hopes she didn't get affected too much by that display last week. He had to do it. Quid pro quo. Wishing you the best my little bunny, Donghae thought to himself.

Dara was able to graduate from high school and college without looking back and thinking of Donghae. She felt cheated out of the years she followed him around but she realized that was not his fault, she did that to herself. She heard Donghae studied abroad. She doesn't know if him and Joohyun ended up together but Joohyun's in Korea and Donghae is in New York. There are definitely a lot more beautiful and famous girls out there than Joohyun. Dara got into a relationship during her junior year in college but it didn't last long. Both of them were driven and wanted to get into the best companies so when they started their internships, things just fell apart. 

Dara was in a hurry for a meeting. She wanted to make a good impression since this will be a big account for the agency if it ever pushes through. She was preparing for the presentation when the clients came in. She had her back to the door preparing the projector and when she turned around she saw someone who looked like Donghae but she was not sure because he was being ushered to his seat and it was only the side of his face that she saw. She remembered the time when she could tell it was him even if he had his back turned to her. When he finally sat down, Dara was sure it was him. So he was back. Introductions were made and she did not know if he recognized her. All of a sudden she was nervous but this is where she excelled at, she needed to get this account for the agency, so she took a deep breath and started the presentation.

Donghae POV: Look at my little rabbit all grown. So  she's the one I'll be working with for this campaign, this is going to be interesting.

Dara: Are there any questions? (Dara asked after the presentation)

The room was quiet for a minute before Donghae spoke.

Donghae: Do you have someone in mind for the campaign?

Dara: (Taking a deep breath before she answered, this was the first time she was directly speaking to him and she had to pat herself in the back to have enough composure to answer) We have two actors in mind, we wanted to use famous actors to have instant brand recognition since this is the first time the brand will enter the Korean market although I'm sure some are already familiar with it.

Donghae: I like the concept, nice pitch by the way. Send me the information on the actors you're considering. I wonder if we could also get someone from KPop. I will have someone be in contact  with you after you have given me the information I need.

Dara: Yes, Mr. Lee. 

Donghae: Thank you. 

And with that he left the conference room. Dara stood there in a daze. She didn't hear her boss tell her she did a great job. Great job? Really Dara, you managed to forget about him for years and all he had to do was show up one time and you become an emotional mess. She decided to call Hyoni to ask her to meet with her tonight. She's the only one who'll understand. She actually got her job at the advertising agency through an internship because of Hyoni. Her bestfriend happened to win an international supermodel search and has worked for the industry ever since. Hyoni is a known celebrity so sometimes they have to look for places to meet where there won't be a lot a people. 

Hyoni: Good thing I've packed my bags, I'm leaving for Milan tomorrow. We can't stay late though. What's this "emergency meeting" about?

Dara: Remember Donghae?

Hyoni: What about him?

Dara: He's back

Hyoni: On your mind? Or is he physically in Korea?

Dara: (Sighing) In Seoul. I thought you would understand how I'm feeling right now

Hyoni: Oh, believe me, I do. I just don't like you being this affected by him being back. Dara, it's been years, move on.

Dara: How can I if I might end up working with him soon.

Hyoni: He's modeling again? 

Dara: No, he's the brand executive for that new luxury men's wear.

Hyoni: Oh really? Hmm, so that was what the buzz was all about...

Dara: What do you mean?

Hyoni: Everyone's excited for the launch of this brand and the girls have been talking about the guy at the helm, so it's Donghae...didn't he live in New York? 

Dara: You're the one who told me he lived in New York

Hyoni: Right, because I saw him in one of the shows, we walked the same runway, it was actually surprising he remembered me

Dara: You didn't tell me that part

Hyoni: I didn't? Oh, maybe because at the time you were dating what's his face...

Dara: He has a name and he didn't do anything wrong, so be nice

Hyoni: Well, anyway I was surprised he recognized me, he asked about you and I said you were doing fine

Dara: What?!!! And you're telling me this just now?!!

Hyoni: What did you want me to do? Ruin your relationship then? You probably won't be able to think clearly while the guy you're so obsessed with is halfway around the world.

Dara: I just wish you told me

Hyoni: Would it have made a difference? Did you expect him to come running back to Korea just because he asked me about you?

Dara: You're right, as always, for all I know he could be dating a number of models then.

Hyoni: I don't know, he doesn't strike me as someone who plays around. Besides, he told me about that Joohyun issue, he was doing it as a favor for that bully Jinsoo to leave you alone. 

Dara: Wait, what?!!! Hyoni, how could you do this to me?!

Hyoni: So? Was that a confession? You had a boyfriend that time, all the while I thought you were over Donghae when you decided to have a boyfriend

Dara: I don't know how to feel about what you just told me

Hyoni: I'm sorry. I guess I just don't want to see you act like how you were before. You're a top advertising account executive. I don't want you to turn back into that insecure, googly-eyed teenager in high school

Dara: I've changed.

Hyoni: Prove it. 

A week later, Dara was at her limit. She has given all the necessary information for Donghae to make the decision and yet he kept rejecting her suggestions. She was at a meeting with her team when Donghae overheard what Dara had to say about the situation.

Dara: At the rate things are going, I have no one else to suggest but him, maybe he wants to do the campaign.

Dara's team was looking past her and the minute she saw their faces she knew someone who shouldn't hear what she just said, heard it. She is silently hoping it was her boss and not the client.

Donghae: Actually the main reason why I have been rejecting the suggested celebrities is because most of them have had a contract with other brands. I need someone who will represent the brand for the first time but have the necessary star power to introduce the brand to the right clientele.

Dara: I apologize, I...

Donghae: There's no need, I don't get offended easily. I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter