Chapter 8. Love is a Warfare

Between Desire & Longing

Chapter 8. Love is a Warfare

 

Two days later, Wonyoung and Yujin found themselves back in their Supernatural History class, and everyone was wearing lab coats while dissecting the pieces of wolfsbane they’d received from Germany. They all had to wear safety glasses to make sure that no harmful substances affected their eyes. 


 

Wonyoung held onto the test tube with care while Yujin used a pair of tongs to drop the piece of wolfsbane in. Wonyoung put the experiment into the test tube rack and continued to read through the textbook to see what they had to do next.


 

“Wonyoung-ah your hair is falling,” Yujin chuckled as she watched the scrunchie slip down the brunette’s silky hair.


 

“Hm?” She hummed in response, moving her head to face Yujin but her eyes were still glued to the book.


 

Yujin moved over to where she was standing and pulled the scrunchie the rest of the way down from her hair. Wonyoung shook her head, allowing her beautiful streaks to glisten as they cascaded over her shoulders. Yujin looked at the back of her head momentarily, before putting her hands on either side of Wonyoung’s shoulders and brushing her hair back. Wonyoung paused and for a split second her gaze faltered around the room. 


 

“Are you still not talking to Chaewon unnie?” Wonyoung casually asked as her eyes scanned the words on the page.


 

“No,” Yujin scoffed, drumming her fingers on the desk as she watched Wonyoung.


 

It was true; in the forty-eight hours they’d been back at the academy, Yujin didn’t even spare her sister one glance. The air inside the Talgory dorm was so tense that you could cut it with a knife. 


 

She couldn’t bring herself to understand why Chaewon did what she did. How she could possibly be so selfish. She risked all of their lives and the rest of them didn’t even know it. It was certain that if Yujin and Wonyoung weren’t at the manor to rescue them then she and Minju would be dead meat by now. But worst of all, she thought that she and Chaewon were close enough to share things with each other. Yujin was always there for her and she’d demonstrated countless times that she would always have Chaewon’s back- so for her to keep a secret like this was unforgivable. Chaewon should just be happy that they managed to escape in nearly one piece. 


 

“What do you think it could be?” Yujin reflectively considered. Though she was mad at her sister she still had the right to feel concerned. 


 

“Absolutely no idea,” Wonyoung stopped reading the book and leaned against the weight of her hands on the table. “I didn’t know that anything like this was possible. I’ve never read about vampires losing their powers. Let alone Talgorys.”


 

“But uncle Orpheus claimed that she’d committed a what,” Yujin said in mocking disbelief, “a crime?”


 

Wonyoung hummed in response, her lips pursing as she nodded. 


 

“But that’s what’s confusing me…” Wonyoung trailed, looking Yujin in the eyes, “I’ve read it before. The Talgory bloodline doesn’t have many laws.”


 

“Meaning that there are hardly any laws to break,” Yujin commented.


 

“Exactly. So I don’t know what she possibly could have done,” Wonyoung shrugged.


 

“Well it seems like a damn mystery to her as well so she can’t have done it on purpose,” Yujin furrowed her eyebrows.


 

“I contacted this shaman who is a friend of my mother’s,” Wonyoung started, “she does some kind of strange voodoo stuff and she’s supposed to be like, really spiritual or whatever.” 


 

“Why does she sound like some kind of weird fortune teller,” Yujin chuckled, earning a slap on the arm from Wonyoung.


 

“My mother said that even though she’s strange, she knows a lot of stuff- so you know, it's worth a shot.”


 

They nodded in agreement and went back to their experiment, but Wonyoung tilted her head in confusion at the next step she had read.


 

“Sir?” She raised her hand. “It says we have to fuse the wolfsbane with wolf’s blood?”


 

“Yes Wonyoung, you have to go to the freezer room downstairs and go to the metal shelves which contain blood in small vials.”


 

“Ah, ne,” she answered. 




 

The freezer lab was a small white room with metal shelves and trolleys stacked around, containing substances that students used for their experiments. The vials of wolf’s blood weren't hard to find as it was literally an entire shelf filled up with containers of a bright red liquid.


 

The shelf that they needed was at the very top of the trolley and as they walked there Wonyoung said,


 

“Are you sure you’ll be able to reach that?” 


 

Yujin scoffed, “Ya, I’m taller than you, you know.”


 

“How tall are you?” Wonyoung questioned, unconvinced.


 

“Tall. Now shut up.” Yujin said, turning around.


 

“Well I’m five foot eight,” Wonyoung said teasingly, crossing her arms.


 

Yujin turned around with narrow eyes. “You most absolutely are not five foot eight.” 


 

Certain that she was taller than the girl, Yujin took a few steps forward to Wonyoung and pulled on her wrist, dragging her body close. 


 

Wonyoung’s eyes were widened throughout the entire process and when she finally came to a standstill her face was mere inches away from Yujin’s. She shifted her gaze around the room so as to not look flustered.


 

“Hm,” Yujin murmured as she checked whether her facial features were accurately in line with Wonyoung’s. “I guess you are taller.” 


 

She let go of the girl’s arm and turned back around to reach for the vial.


 

But only by like a millimeter,” she didn’t fail to include.


 

Wonyoung rapidly blinked her eyes to erase the image of Yujin’s face in front of her. 


 

Yujin approached her again, vial in hand, and came to a stop before her once more. 


 

“At least you’re not so tall that I’d have to go on my tiptoes to kiss you,” Yujin said simply. 


 

Wonyoung’s eyebrows subconsciously lifted and opened slightly at what she had just said. She looked like a cute bunny who had been caught in headlights.


 

What are you talking ab-


 

Wonyoung was silenced when Yujin leaned forward and placed a light kiss on her lips. But before she could even process what was happening and close her eyes, the moment was over. Yujin backed away and poked her tongue into the side of and shook her head teasingly as she stared at Wonyoung who seemed to look like she was frozen on the spot. 


 

Yujin giggled softly seeing how flustered Wonyoung was as she’d never seen the girl look so shy. 


 

She stepped forward again, approaching her very slowly, and Wonyoung only watched in surprise as Yujin’s face came towards her. Wonyoung shut her eyes tightly and kept her face dead still, making it so that Yujin was the one who had to tilt her head slightly. She made sure to catch her breath before their mouths touched, and when they finally did, Wonyoung felt her heart racing. She was so overwhelmed with emotion that her body grew stiff, and it took several kisses before she was finally able to melt into it. 


 

Yujin disconnected their lips and rested her forehead onto Wonyoung’s, and they both audibly caught their breaths before Yujin leaned in once more. This time, Wonyoung had become more responsive and she began moving to the same rhythm as Yujin, tilting her head and applying small amounts of pressure into every kiss. 


 

Wonyoung began to lose her balance a little bit when she felt Yujin wrap her arms around her waist and gently push her backward. Wonyoung felt her back and her head hit the wall behind her, as Yujin’s right hand remained on the small of her back while the other was anchored to the wall to balance her weight. She pulled Wonyoung’s waist further into her, deepening the kiss as the girl became engulfed in immense heat and passion.


 

Wonyoung moved her head away slowly, breathing into Yujin’s mouth as they kept a close distance. 


 

“I’ve never kissed anyone before,” Wonyoung confessed quietly, hesitantly raising her gaze to connect her eyes with Yujin’s.


 

The only response she gave, was a feathery kiss that tickled Wonyoung’s skin.


 

“Neither have I,” Yujin muttered against Wonyoung’s lips.


 

Yujin then pulled away completely, gazing upon Wonyoung who was still leaning against the wall. She took her hand and placed the vial of blood in her palm and made her way outside the room.


 

After she had vanished from sight, Wonyoung put her face in her hands and she couldn’t help a shy, endearing smile from appearing on her face. She giggled to herself quietly, shaking her head in embarrassment as she allowed the situation to sink in.


 

They kissed.


 

“Ya Wonyoung-ah,” Yujin stuck her head around the door, making her jump. “I know I have a long-lasting effect on you but if you don’t come back quickly I might ruin the experiment.”


 

She dashed away once more.


 

But Wonyoung remained still on the spot, refusing to believe that this girl, this girl who had the most annoyingly charming smile in the world, now had her in her hands like putty. 



 

-

 

“Ya Kim Chaewon!” A familiar voice echoed down the cold, dimly lit hallway of the castle.


 

Chaewon rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh before reluctantly turning around to face the girl who just couldn’t seem to mind her own business.


 

The girl with ash-brown hair came storming down the hallway, the heels of her school shoes clicking against the stone floor. She came to a stop in front of Chaewon, an infuriating look on her face. 


 

“Where the hell have you been?” She shouted, crossing her arms.


 

“What are you, my mother?” Chaewon scowled back at her, attempting to walk away but was caught by the arm before she could turn around. 


 

“You’ve been missing for two days! And when you finally show up this is what you say to me?” The girl now had a glint of desperation in her eyes, giving away that she was more worried than she was angry.


 

“Just leave me alone, okay? I’m so sick of you always telling me what to do,” Chaewon yelled at her.


 

“Well what do you expect me to do when you leave for multiple days at a time with no notice? Are you forgetting that I’m your sister? It’s my job to look after you.”


 

“I’m so fed up with you and everyone else. I’m a vampire, so why can’t I just do normal things that vampires do?”


 

“Ya-” the girl paused in realisation. “Don’t tell me you were with Sakura unnie again.”


 

“At least Sakura unnie understands what I want. At least she lets me drink all the blood I want.”


 

“Ya Chaewon-ah, where did your brain go? Are you stupid? You do realise that that family is bad news.”


 

“Well at least they seem to understand that I have desires of my own,” Chaewon said firmly. “Hyewon unnie, please just leave me alone.”


 

Hyewon grabbed hold of her wrist again.


 

“How many people have you killed?” She said in a serious tone.


 

Don’t,” Chaewon clenched her jaw.


 

“How many people have you killed,” Hyewon repeated, her voice low.


 

Chaewon inhaled deeply and looked to the side in exasperation.


 

“Twenty.”


 

Hyewon’s eyes widened and she looked to the side too, in absolute shock.


 

“Twenty,” Hyewon scoffed. 


 

She stood up straight and looked into her sister’s eyes in utter disappointment.


 

“That’s twenty lives, Chaewon. Twenty lives. Twenty people who had dreams and aspirations. Twenty people who had families, twenty people who have done absolutely nothing to you.”


 

Chaewon subconsciously lowered her gaze. 


 

“We’re at this academy to learn how to control ourselves. We’re here because we want to learn how to lead better lives that don’t pose a threat to the people around us,” Hyewon stepped forward, using a softer tone. “We’re here to prove that we’re not like the rest of our family. But most importantly, we’re here to prove to ourselves that there’s more to life than just satisfaction.” 


 

Chaewon lifted her eyes, still maintaining a pointed glare as she didn’t want to come across as too moved. 


 

But as Hyewon walked away, her surroundings became blurred, and all she could hear was a ringing in her ears.




 

Chaewon suddenly jolted upwards and her face was dripping with sweat. She took deep breaths as she dropped her face in her hands. 


 

“Chaewon-ah,” a voice sounded beside her.


 

Chaewon turned and saw Yena at the side of her bed, patting her back gently. The girl was already in her uniform, and Chaewon took the opportunity to glance around the dorm room, noticing that the sky outside was beginning to darken and that they would have to go to class soon. Except Chaewon would be going to see the shaman with Wonyoung and Yujin instead of going to first period. 


 

“Sorry unnie,” Chaewon shook her head, “I just had a bad dream.”


 

“Are you okay?” The blonde responded softly.


 

“Yeah.” Chaewon said unconvincingly. 


 

“You’re sweating,” Yena pointedly observed.


 

“I dreamt that Hyewon unnie scolded me again,” Chaewon frustratedly rubbed her head.


 

“Well you know what she’s like- she’s just defensive that’s all.”


 

“I’m scared that she might hate me again,” Chaewon said carefully, her voice breaking.


 

“Why?” Yena asked.


 

Chaewon sat up straight and looked her directly in the eyes.


 

“You have to promise me you won’t tell anyone, not even Hyewon unnie.”


 

“Oh God, Chaewon-ah. What have you done?” Yena said cautiously, taking a step back.


 

“Promise me,” Chaewon repeated.


 

“Fine. I promise.”


 

“I-I don’t know how it happened, or what to do. But I lost my powers.”


 

Yena pushed her head forward in disbelief and crossed her arms. 


 

“What?” She said simply. “As in you can’t read my mind right now?”
 

 

“Not just that. I’ve lost all my strength, all my healing, my enhanced speed. All of it.” Chaewon looked her desperately in the eyes.


 

“Ya Kim Chaewon,” Yena raised her voice. “I know I’m the chill one out of us four but how exactly did you expect me to react? You need to tell Hyewon.”


 

“I can’t, I just can’t.”


 

“That’s so unfair on her. You tell all of us and not her? She’ll hate you for it and you know that,” Yena said seriously.


 

“Please…” Chaewon trailed, grabbing her hands. “Just until I found out what it is I need to do.”


 

“And you think you’re just gonna get away with it? What will happen if you’re asked to demonstrate something in class?”


 

“That’s not the issue right now.”


 

Sure it isn’t,” Yena scoffed.


 

“Please unnie,” Chaewon pleaded. “You’re my sister- the only one who’s talking to me right now. Please just be patient with me.”


 

Yena stared back at her, left absolutely speechless at what to do. It was an extremely bad idea to just leave this secret unknown to the people who deserved to know the most. But when she looked at Chaewon, she knew that her sister just needed her to stay. 


 

Yena tightened her lips into a line and jerked her head in frustration to the side.


 

“Okay,” she finally breathed out.



 

-



 

Chaewon slowly approached a dark tunnel in a hidden area of the castle. Wonyoung had informed her that the Shaman was supposed to meet them all in the dungeons. 


 

Chaewon fiddled with the cuffs of her sleeves, looking around the area in nervousness as there was no sign of anyone appearing. 


 

But as she leaned against the damp wall of the tunnel, she heard soft voices muttering as they neared the corner. The muttering suddenly stopped when they caught sight of Chaewon. 


 

The orange-haired girl dropped her head, looking at the floor as she felt uncomfortable in Yujin’s presence. It made it worse that Wonyoung was the only one to proceed towards her, with Yujin falling behind. 


 

“Lets go unnie,” Wonyoung smiled as she linked their arms. 


 

Chaewon tried to at least glance at Yujin, but the girl went to every length to avoid it. 


 

Wonyoung disconnected their arms once they had reached a barred door, and Chaewon took the time to realise that she had never actually ventured this far into the castle before. She didn’t even know there were dungeons until now. 


 

The barred door creaked open when Wonyoung pushed on it, revealing a dimly lit room with a table in the middle. The table housed several items, items of which looked like they belonged to a witch. There were strange jewels placed along with too many candles for Chaewon to count. Then she noticed a woman who was sitting behind that table. Old-looking, around sixty, seventy, maybe. She had dark grey hair and wrinkles that made it difficult to completely see her facial features. 


 

Chaewon gulped as she headed down the stone staircase that led to the room. 


 

“Hello there,” Wonyoung greeted quietly, bowing to the lady. 


 

She nodded her head in recognition. 


 

“Take a seat,” she signaled Chaewon. 


 

Chaewon sat down and her lips nervously. If she could simply avoid the stress of knowing what caused her loss of power that would be amazing, but for everyone’s good, especially her own, she had to face it with courage.


 

“You say you’ve lost your abilities?” The Shaman questioned, looking into Chaewon’s eyes.


 

“That’s right,” Chaewon answered. 


 

“And you are Kim Chaewon, the third daughter of the Talgory bloodline, is that correct?” The Shaman began writing on a piece of parchment.


 

“Yes.” 


 

“When did you first notice that you were beginning to lose your abilities?” 


 

“Around two weeks ago?” Chaewon recalled the moment when she was unable to use her enhanced speed while waiting for Yujin outside of her classroom. 


 

“Two weeks and you didn’t tell me?” Yujin pressured from her spot beside the wall. “Unbelievable.” 


 

“The first week all I'd lost was my telepathy and mind control. I still had enhanced speed but the usage was irregular. Now I’ve lost absolutely everything, I’m not strong nor do I heal as fast as I used to,” Chaewon explained to the Shaman.


 

The Shaman leaned over the table and stared into Chaewon’s eyes. Chaewon moved her head back slightly in surprise, rather uncomforted by her action.


 

“And since when did your eyes become a dullish red?” 


 

Chaewon looked at her questioningly.


 

“What do you mean?”


 

“Your eyes. They’ve got a brown tint in them. Talgory vampires only have crimson eyes.”


 

Yujin looked at Wonyoung, confused.


 

“I-I don’t know,” Chaewon uttered.


 

“And when was the last time you felt a strong urge to drink blood?” 


 

“U-um,” Chaewon felt like she was being bombarded with questions and she didn’t even know the answers. “Around two weeks ago?”


 

“This whole two week time frame,” The Shaman began, turning to face Yujin. “Was there anything significant that happened two weeks ago?”


 

“Nothing major…” Yujin trailed, she tried to cast her mind back. “Oh,” she began again. “We were assigned new Bloodbounds.”


 

“Right…” The Shaman scribbled some more. 


 

She faced Chaewon again.


 

“You say you lost your desire for blood two weeks ago?” 


 

“Yes,” Chaewon answered.


 

The Shaman leaned back in her chair, shaking her head slightly. 


 

Chaewon worriedly glanced at Yujin and Wonyoung, her eyebrows knitted together. 


 

“W-what is it?” Yujin pressed. 


 

“An extremely rare case. The only other time it has happened was five thousand years ago,” the Shaman reflectively said, dazing off into the distance. 


 

Chaewon’s shoulders became tense and her eyes switched between the woman in front of her and her sister. 


 

“Yujin-ah I’m scared,” Chaewon took deep breaths. “She’s scaring me.”


 

Yujin pulled out a chair next to Chaewon and sat down.


 

“Please tell us,” she forced. “It’s urgent.”


 

“Five thousand years ago there was a scandal which shook the entire supernatural world. The story of Vladimir and Ophelia.”


 

Wonyoung’s eyebrows lifted. 


 

“What? You mean the story’s true?”


 

“What? What story is this?” Yujin asked.


 

“Have you not heard about Vladimir and Ophelia? Wait-” Wonyoung paused at her realisation.


 

“Chaewon unnie, you-” Wonyoung covered in shock and looked at the Shaman.


 

The Shaman only nodded in response, making Chaewon and Yujin die of impatience.


 

“Five thousand years ago, there was a boy named Vladimir- Son of Dracula. One day, when Vladimir was on his ripper killing spree with his brothers, he came across a girl, with the most beautiful blonde hair he had ever seen. Her name was Ophelia. He approached her in an absolute trance, only to discover that the girl was human. Despite this, he continued to court her, and they spent every minute together. Day by day, Vladimir lost his desire for any type of blood, and his appearance became so scarily human that anyone would mistake him for being a mortal.”


 

Chaewon just stared at her blankly. Yujin’s mouth had dropped open and her head snapped towards her sister.


 

“Vladimir became weak and powerless because Ophelia grounded him. She restored his humanity.” The Shaman said.


 

She continued,


 

“They were spotted together, however, and once Dracula had heard the report about his son falling in love with a human he was outraged. He was outraged at the fact that a vampire, whose natural instinct was to kill, could have possibly fallen in love with the one thing on earth that they desire more than anything else. Vladimir broke the utmost vampire code and thus came to his end. He was murdered several days later by his own brothers.”


 

Chaewon’s head dropped and she let out a sharp breath. No words came out of Yujin’s mouth, and so she sat there, secretly knowing that her sister was doomed. 



 

-



 

“Minju-ya,” Chaewon said softly as she entered the dorm of the Bloodbounds. 


 

The girl was still healing from her injuries back in Germany and so she was permitted to miss her classes. Over the two days they’d been back she’d managed to recover quite well.


 

A smile immediately appeared on Chaewon’s face at a single glance of Minju. She was sitting up in her bed, and she put the book she was reading down once she had heard Chaewon’s voice. 


 

“So how was it? What happened?” Minju said impatiently. 


 

Chaewon sat on the side of the bed, and when Minju saw that was frowning, she leaned forward and hugged her arm. 


 

“What happened, unnie?” she asked again in a whisper.


 

I’ve lost it,” Chaewon said.


 

“Lost what?”


 

Chaewon turned her head and looked into Minju’s eyes, her thirst for blood completely missing. But what replaced this desire, was something warm- something that Chaewon had never experienced before. One look at Minju and it was enough to make Chaewon’s breath hitch in . She was certain that she could look at Minju for hours on end, absolutely enchanted by the mere presence of the girl. 


 

She wanted so badly to just hold Minju’s face in her hands, to lean in and taste those luscious pink lips that she’d become so enamoured with. But she couldn’t even bring herself to do that, because Minju’s warmth was enough to distract her from any kind of lust. Her chestnut brown eyes which calmed her to no fault, the only pair of eyes she could look into and feel as though somebody was staring straight into her soul. 


 

She glanced back down at her hands which were placed in her lap.


 

“The desire. For your blood, your veins… all of it.”


 

There was a brief pause.


 

“Unnie your eyes…” Minju’s voice faded as she examined Chaewon’s face.


 

She took hold of Chaewon’s chin and angled it towards her, observing her eyes which now radiated a strong hue of brown.


 

Chaewon placed her hand on top of Minju’s and nestled her face into her hand. She sat up straight and held Minju’s hands with a newfound determination.


 

She began softly,

 

“I have lived long enough to know that what we share I can’t replicate with another. This love, this feeling, is just you and me.” She hopelessly gazed into Minju’s eyes.


 

“I could travel the world and the seven seas, but I’d still have to come right back here if I wanted true love. When I see you, it’s as if space and time become the finest point unimaginable, as if time collapses into one tiny speck and explodes at light speed. It’s as if my universe begins and ends with you. I could run forever, search forever, but in the end, every path, every breath, every gaze, will only lead to this beautiful girl in front of me. So whether this heart beats another day, or another hundred years - it is yours. Undoubtedly, and completely, yours.”



 

Minju felt lost at Chaewon’s words. All she could do was sit there and listen to her outpour of lovingness which she had never received before. Her entire life, she’d only been known for her looks, or her grades, but the girl before her right now, gave her all the attention in the world; attention which extended to far more than just admiration. 


 

All she could do now was pull Chaewon into an urgent, desperate hug. She shut her eyes tightly as she inhaled the hypnotising scent of mint that lingered on Chaewon’s neck. In her embrace, the world stopped on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Minju’s mind was at peace. How could it be that she hadn’t seen Chaewon’s love for what it was before? Pure. Unselfish. Undemanding. Free.


 

She felt her body press in, soft and warm. This was the love she’d waited for, prayed for. She inwardly thanked God and hugged all the tighter. A love like this was to be cherished for life. Finally, she was home.


 

Chaewon’s eyes widened when Minju suddenly pressed her lips onto hers. It was as if every ounce of breath was taken from Chaewon’s lungs, as if the world had stopped moving, leaving the two of them to wander the earth together. 


 

Minju desperately pulled Chaewon even tighter into her, so tight that there was absolutely no space in between their bodies. She wrapped her arms around Chaewon’s neck while the latter held onto both sides of her face, maintaining the steady movement between them. 


 

“You know why I lost my powers?” Chaewon muttered against Minju’s lips. “It’s because you make me weak.”


 

“I’m so so sorry,” Minju responded, breathless yet still evidently disappointed.


 

“I don’t care anymore,” Chaewon mumbled. “I would choose you over my powers every single time.”


 

Minju let out a light chuckle which felt like feathers on Chaewon’s skin. 


 

“Just kiss me,” Minju said, her smile becoming squished as she pressed her lips back onto Chaewon’s. 




 

-



 

It was the crack of dawn, and the sun was beginning to rise in the sky, tinting the Talgory dorm room a warm shade of orange. This beautiful, serene atmosphere was about to be turned completely on its heels, however, when an impatient, hasty knock sounded from the door.


 

The four sisters turned to look at each other and then back at the door, questioning who it could be at such a late time.


 

“Are any of you expecting someone?” Hyewon said, getting up from her seat and heading to the door.


 

They all shook their heads in disagreement and she proceeded to turn the door handle, and the door was barely half way open when an evidently shaken, frightened Wonyoung zoomed into the room. 


 

Yujin stood up immediately and rushed like lightning to where she was standing and glanced at the yellowed piece of parchment that Wonyoung was holding. Yujin put her hand on Wonyoung’s shoulder, turning it so that the girl would face her. 


 

Wonyoung had widened eyes, and her teeth were clenched so tightly that she could hardly get out the words that she needed to say. 


 

“It’s Minju unnie,” she struggled to enunciate.


 

Chaewon stood up from her place at once.


 

“She’s been taken.”


 

Chaewon felt her spine snap upwards listening to what Wonyoung said. She inhaled sharply as she frantically looked around the room, despite knowing that she wasn’t going to find an answer anywhere.


 

Yena sped over to Wonyoung’s spot and took the note from her, reading it aloud.


 

“The girl cannot live so long as Chaewon, the third daughter of the Talgory bloodline, harbours feelings for her. The Bloodbound poses a threat both to Chaewon, and the Talgory bloodline as a whole.”


 

“We need to go to Germany and get her back,” Chaewon said blankly, storming over to her closet to pack clothes.


 

“And what exactly do you plan on doing? You never stood a chance against them with your powers let alone without,” Yujin pressured.


 

“What do you mean without her powers?” Hyewon’s stare shifted between Yujin and Yena.


 

“Oh, she didn’t tell you either?” Yujin exclaimed in a mocking, pleasant surprise. “Chaewon unnie, here, has lost her powers because she is in love with a Bloodbound,” she said sharply.


 

“What?” Hyewon repeated, her glare now fixating on Chaewon only.


 

“Ya Ahn Yujin don’t you act like she isn’t your friend too, so don’t lessen her to nothing more than a ‘Bloodbound.’” Chaewon spat back in response.


 

“Out of everyone it had to be a Bloodbound?” Hyewon questioned patronisingly. “It could have been absolutely anyone else, but no.”


 

“Well yes, thank you unnie, for stating the obvious. I’m in love with her, so I’m going to save her no matter what it takes.”


 

Hyewon snorted at her confidence, “you think it’s going to be that easy.”


 

“I’ll go with her,” Yena suddenly voiced, still re-reading the note. “With my electrokinesis we might stand a chance.”


 

“Don’t act as if my power isn’t stronger than yours. My hydrokinesis will give them the most trouble,” Hyewon combated. “And since I’m the oldest, I have the most experience here.”


 

“Are you going to come then?” Yena pushed.


 

“Well if you’re going to die anyways, you should at least have the best opportunity of making it out alive,” Hyewon said.


 

“Are you not… mad?” Chaewon questioned.


 

“Oh I’m pissed,” Hyewon nodded her head at Chaewon. 


 

“But we’re family. If one of us is in trouble then we’re all in trouble.”


 

Chaewon smiled internally.


 

“Great,” Yujin mocked, “Now there’s three of you. Are you forgetting that there’s still around… Hm, I don’t know, twenty of them?”


 

“I’ll go,” Wonyoung said, raising her hand.


 

Yujin looked at her with startled eyes.


 

“Absolutely not!”


 

“Minju unnie is my best friend, I’m not just going to sit here and worry about whether she’s alive or not,” Wonyoung said with certainty.


 

Yujin let out a deep sigh and threw her head backward in frustration. 



 

“I guess that means I’m going too.”




 

Author's note:

This update was pretty long so I hope you guys are satisfied. Let me know what you think! 

(Also don't forget to upvote <3)