Last Christmas

Last Winter (Jungkook Oneshot)

Y/n POV:

 

It’s that time of year again where everyone is with their loved ones and joy and happiness filled the air. It was snowing here in Korea and everything was aesthetically pleasing. This year for me, it was pretty lonely. This would be the first year that I was by myself. Memories of us flash in my mind whenever I see couples holding hands, ice skating together, and just being with each other. 

It was already 7pm and I closed up the coffee shop and headed to my house. As I was walking around, children were playing in the snow, couples, holding each other to keep them warm, colorful lights filled the streets. Everything seemed so perfect and came out of a movie. I got to my door and saw a note on it.

 

“PARTY MY HOUSE NOW! NO EXCUSES” - Best friend Somi :) 

 

I sighed. She knows me too well. I don’t like going out much ever since we broke up. It just seems so, bleh. I don’t need to be with others. But then again, I was spending this year by myself. So I guess the party it is. I got dressed into something casual and headed to Somi’s house. I have no idea who was going to be there but it should be fun. Somi is known to host parties at her place so I wouldn’t think less of it. 

 

I finally reached her house and colorful lights sparkled her house as the snow fell. I knocked on her door and she opened it. “Yay you made it! I was about to send Jimin there to get you!” She pulled me inside and people filled up her house. The smell of alcohol was around mixed with some cinnamon Christmas scents. I took off my shoes and put my bag in her room and walked out. I was nervous. I haven’t been able to live single for a while. 

I squeezed past some people and saw Somi sitting with a group of guys. “Hey! You guys remember my friend Yang Y/n?” Somi asked them. They were all very handsome men. “Yes! I remember her! Wow it’s been what….2 years since we’ve seen each other?” The tall one asked. I smiled and nodded, “I’m Kim Namjoon by the way. Just called me Namjoon”, he smiled and his dimples showed. “Hi I’m WorldWide Handsome Jin”, he blew a kiss at me and I just laughed and blushed. “Yah Hyung! Don’t make her blush right away! Hi I’m Taehyung! Just call me Tae”, he had a cute box smile. I chuckled and nodded. “And you know me”, the short blonde one said. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. “I mean I guess…..Jimin”, I said. He laughed and hugged me. 

“I think Hobi is running late. He had to pick up JK at his place”, Jin said. Somi smiled and looked at me. I looked at her and furrowed my brows. What is she planning?

“I heard JK has a new girl too! I wonder if she is cute”, Tae said. “Omo chinjja?! Wahhh. This kid”, Namjoon said. Why does that nickname sound so familiar? 

“Do you want a drink y/n?” Jimin asked, and I nodded. He smiled and went to get me my fave, coke and rum. Jimin was my best friend. We knew each other since college days and Somi and I have known each other since High school. We always hung out. He was the one who introduced me to my ex. But ever since we broke up a year back, I haven’t been out much. He gets overprotective with He came back with me and to be honest, I don’t mind. He handed me my drink and we heard the door open. 

“HOBI!!!!!!” Namjoon shouted. “JKAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!” Jin shouted. I looked over and my eyes went wide. Why is he here?! And who is that girl he is with?

I looked over at Somi and she gave me an apologetic look. “I didn’t know”, she mouthed. Jimin looked a little on edge but he still kept his cool. I tried not to be seen but Taehyung had to shout my name. 

“Hyung! Do you remember Yang Y/n?” Taehyung said. Hobi looked at him then at me, I smiled awkwardly and waved. “OH! YES! I REMEMBER!” He smiled and walked over and gave me a hug. I could feel Jungkook’s stare at me but I didn’t even make any eye contact. 

“Hey Y/n”, he said. I nodded and didn’t even bother looking. 

“Who is your guest Kook?!” Jin asked. 

“This is Lisa! She is my friend”, she smiled cutely and bowed. She was so beautiful. I felt so awkward. Like how these people that I am sitting with so hot and I’m just, plain. It was kind of awkward so Somi broke the silence and said that she needed to use the bathroom. She pulled my arm and I gave my drink to Jimin and walked out with her.

We got to the bathroom, “OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO SORRY Y/N! I HAD NO CLUE!” She panicked. 

“It’s okay. I mean, he moved on so, might as well I do the same”, I smiled half heartedly. “You know what….Let’s fix you up and make you gorgeous. Let’s make him realize what he left. And let’s find you a man”, she went straight into her room and fixed me up. Thank goodness I have a best friend that’s into style and fashion. If it was just me, I wouldn’t even try. Unless I really have to.

I looked into the mirror and I was shocked. “Wow that’s-“ “You’re welcome. My work is finished. Now let’s get you a man”, She dragged me out. “Why don’t we just dance? And just let someone come to you?” She asked. I shrugged and just let her drag me wherever. We got onto the dance floor and just danced like how we did back in college days. She made sure that the view was right where Jungkook and the boys were at. I glanced over and saw Jungkook sitting with Lisa next to him facing the dancefloor.

 

Boys POV:

 

The boys were. sitting. there watching everyone enjoying themselves. Jimin spoke up first, “So Lisa how did you and Jungkook meet?” “Uh….” She looked Jungkook and he smiled. “We met at his dad’s work”, “Ahhh okay”.

Silence filled the air between them. Jimin ruffled his hair.

“Where is Somi and Y/n?” Hobi asked. “They are taking a bit longer”, Jin stated. 

Jimin gasped and looked at the dance floor. The boys followed his gaze and saw Somi with some other girl dancing. “Isn’t that Somi?” Taehyung asked. “And Y/n”, Jimin said. Jungkook’s eyes widened and he looked over at the figure next to Somi. She was looking beautiful. Much more beautiful than before. Jungkook couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She was still beautiful from what he remembered. Lisa noticed his stares and started to glare at her. She moved Jungkook’s head towards her, “Do you want to dance?” She asked and he didn’t say anything. She pulled him onto the dance floor and started swaying and grinding on him. 

 

Y/n POV:

 

Somi and I were enjoying ourselves so much. Singing and dancing to every song just like how it was during College. I completely forgot that we were trying to make Jungkook jealous. I looked over at the table and noticed that he wasn’t there. And I saw Jimin walking towards us and he stood behind me and held my waist. I was shocked and I heard him whisper in my ears, “I know what you are doing. Just go with it”, He kissed my ear lobe and I just decided to let go. 

Somi smirked and she was looking beside me. I took a quick glance and saw that Jungkook and Lisa were on the dance floor too. Jungkook kept staring back at me. Somi and Jimin looked at each other and nodded. Next thing I knew, Jimin was pressing himself onto me and his hands were wrapped around my waist. I could feel his hot breath on my neck and I just let myself go. The alcohol was slowly getting to me and I was just letting myself flow with the music and with Jimin. After the song ended I felt Jimin disappear behind me, I turned around and saw Jungkook about to punch him. 

“Jungkook stop!” I ran in between them. “Y/n...Didn’t I tell you that he liked you!” “STOP! Just stop!”, I yelled. Jungkook looked at me in shock. “Why do you care? You broke up with me, remember?” I shouted, trying to control my emotions. I felt my tears forming up in my eyes again so I turned and left everyone. I took my bag and put my shoes on and just left without saying goodbye. It was snowing harder and I felt colder. “Stupid dress. Why did I even decide to go here?! I’m so stupid and pathetic”, I mumbled to myself. I stood there sobbing and trying to get a hold of myself. 

“Was I not good enough? Was I just some toy? Does no one love me?” I asked myself. 

“You are good enough”, I heard a deep voice behind me. I turned around and was shocked. 

“You were more than enough and I was too dumb and careless to even notice”, he walked closer to me. I was too in shock to realize what was happening. 

“Y/n. I’m sorry. I really am”, He was in front of me, I could feel his hot breath hitting me and his body heat surrounding me. 

“W-why?” I asked with tears in my eyes. 

“Why do you have to do this to me?” I asked again sobbing. 

“Do you know how hard this is? Do you know how I felt after what you said?” I asked, getting a little angry. “I’m sorry Y/n. I really am”, He said while getting closer to me. “Stop saying sorry! Please! You made it very clear that day that I’m not worth it and that you don’t love me. Why do you keep showing up in my life Jungkook? Do you know how hard it is for me to really get over you? To feel loved? To make myself feel like I am worth it to someone?!” I started to sob and punch his chest. He just stood there letting me let out all of my anger. Once I calmed down and just sobbed on his chest, he wrapped his arms around me.

“I never meant what I said to you Y/n. I loved you too much to hurt you. We were so heated that day that I let everything out on you and realized that I made the biggest mistake of my life after you stepped out of my life. Seeing you today, made me realize that I missed you too much and that you are still the one for me”. 

I looked up at him and saw tears flowing out of his eyes. “J-Jungkook….” “I know I can’t take back what I said or how I treated you. But I want to ask for forgiveness and hopefully a second chance”. I touched his cheeks and looked at him in the eyes. You could see the sincerity and love in his eyes. I took a deep breath, “I need time Jungkook”, I said. He nodded and kissed my forehead. “I understand”. As much as I want to throw myself onto him, I need to really think about myself and what I expect out of this relationship. Then I remembered Lisa. I pushed him away and he looked at me confused. “What about Lisa? I don’t want to be the one to ruin a relationship”, “A-Ani…..My dad wanted me and her to get along for both of our companies”, he said and looked down.

“Wait. Are you….” he looked up and before I could say anything, I just turned and walked away. “Y/n listen”, he grabbed my arm, “You are ARRANGED to marry her Jungkook. Do you understand?” “Yes okay. I am. But y/n I can’t do it. I can’t marry her when I love you”, “Jungkook. Stop this. You can’t go against your father. He is stronger than you Jungkook”, “And? Do I look like I care about money Y/n? Do I look like I care what he thinks?” 

I stared at him not knowing what to really say. I opened my mouth to say something but then I was pulled in and his lips smashed onto mine. I was stiff and shocked at first but as the kiss grew deeper and more passionate, I slowly let myself give in. He wrapped his arms around my waist and my hands were placed on his chest. After a few minutes, we finally let go to catch our breaths. 

“Does that answer you Y/n?” He asked. 

 

“What the hell?” We jumped and looked to our side and we saw Lisa standing there with Somi and the boys right behind her. I pushed Jungkook away and straightened my clothes. “Jeon Jungkook. Explain”, she said firmly. I looked down away from everyone. I felt the tears forming again, so I looked up and away from everyone. I felt Jungkook looking over at me, “I love her Lisa. I’m sorry if I put you through pain or wasted your time, but the one that I love so much is right next to me. I didn’t realize it until she walked out of my life forever. If you need to break ties with our companies, then so be it. But I will not marry you because I don’t love you. Please do respect and understand that”.

She stood there speechless. “How dare you ruin my relationship with Jungkook”, she yelled at me and walked towards me and slapped my face. I held onto my cheek and looked at her. “YOU ARE A HOMEWRECKER! YOU FILTHY !” She was about to slap me again but Jungkook went in front of me and shoved her away. He pushed her so hard that she stumbled backwards and fell on the snow. 

DON’T YOU DARE CALL HER ANY OF THOSE WORDS. AND DON’T YOU DARE COME NEAR HER. She was more a loving girlfriend than you ever will be. You were with me for MONEY. You abused my family wealth just for your material things. Get out of here. You can find your own way home”. 

She got up and was ready to take charge again but the boys held her down. “Ah ah...I don’t think so. Not so fast skinny. I think it’s time you go home to your petty family”, Jimin said and dragged her to her car and closed the door. 

Jimin looked over and walked up to Jungkook, “Look. I never liked Y/n that way. Never did and never will. We are both strictly best friends. What I did there was to help you realize what you lost. She isn’t some toy you can toss after getting tired of it. She has a heart that is very fragile. The reason why I was always so overprotective over her was because she reminded me of my younger sister. When she passed away, Y/n met me and reminded me of her. So I always promised myself that I would protect her as long as I live. So please never misunderstand my emotions towards her. She’ll always be my little sister”, He smiled warmly at me and went over to hug him. 

“I’m sorry too Hyung. I didn’t mean it that way. I just let my jealousy take over”, Jimin patted his shoulder. “It’s okay Kook. Just please, take care of her. I’m only letting this slide once. After that, if you hurt her again, there are no more chances”, He said firmly. 

Jungkook nodded his head “I promise that I will never let her go.”, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into another kiss. 

 

“So…..Are we?”

“Yeah...I guess we can start over again”, I smiled and he chuckled and kissed me one last time.