Waiting

When?

Sehun walked around the beach in his bare foot, hands in his pockets, staring at the endless sea. Memories of a certain person flood his mind.

 

"Will you still come back? Will you still come back for me?" He looked at him while Junmyeon took both of his hands to reach both of his cheeks, gently caressing it, he held his left hand and kissed his palm, tears forming in his eyes. He gently pressed their foreheads together.

 

"I will come back for you Se. Will you wait for me?" he can't stop his tears anymore, they are hurting themselves with their toxic relationship, they have been through a lot and they need space.

 

"I can't do this Jun, don't leave me." Sehun almost begged, but the latter only smiled.

 

"You know that it's for the best." he used to seek comfort with that smile, but why does it hurt so much he could just drop dead? Instead of feeling assured, why does it feel like he won't see him again? 

 

"I want to fix ourselves first, the more we push this relationship, it will just end up in a brink and I don't want that. I want to be the best version of myself until the time I come back, you deserve my best, I deserve your best, and I can't do that if you hold me back like this. This is just temporary." Junmyeon walked away, leaving him there alone, taking his heart with him.

 

He stood there, tears in his eyes, mumbling. "You just wanted to leave me."

 

It's been five years, and he's still here, waiting. Waiting for that someone, who left and cut their relation and communication. 

 

His eyes were tired, he became lifeless from waiting, he wanted to give up, but every time he woke up, he would still go back to this place and wait for him to come back.

 

He looked at the only picture in his phone, asking it as if it would respond, "How long will I have to wait? When will you come back?" his voice was filled with heart wrenching loneliness.

 

He walked, ignoring the waves, the salt water reached his hips, a single tear dropped. "Will you still come back? If not, then I'll just leave and forget about you."