Oneshot

Fever
Please log in to read the full chapter

Solar finished the class satisfied with the progress of her students. They were showing incredible body control to a group of beginners, they didn't seem clumsy and afraid of the pole as on the first day of class. But they are all like that, right? On her first day, she could barely keep her feet in the air for more than two seconds. Solar giggled when she remembered that, her first class was a disaster, but it was so long ago that it seemed to belong to another life. Now she was the teacher.

She waited for the last student to leave before closing the door and going to the sound equipment, programming a song in repeat mode. Stretching and relaxing her muscles, she approached the pole and let the pace gradually dominate her. Feeling the bass's vibrations slowly dominate her, she began to perform the initial movements of the new choreography she had been working on for some time.

At that time, the building was starting to empty, since the last classes of the night were being finished. The buzz in the hall was drowned out by Beyoncé's voice while Solar practiced the choreography that would surely be considered too "provocative" if she showed it to someone. She couldn't help using a more sensual tone though, since her mind had been filled with not so pure thoughts for weeks, and if she didn't put it into practice somehow, she would go crazy.

Or maybe she was already crazy.

Solar had questioned this several times. Why? Well, because since she fell from the pole a few weeks ago, she hasn't felt sane. As much as she didn't hit her head, she was sure that those falls left some sequel.

Yes, falls. In plural.

A real fall, and a figurative one.

Both occurred at the same time, but reached different parts of Solar.

On the day in question, she was teaching a sideways swing to the first class in the afternoon when the door was opened and two people entered. In a whirl, she caught a glimpse of the dance studio owner and her boss, Moonbyul, gesturing to the class. In another, Solar saw the girl who was with her, she was slightly shorter with light brown hair with some braids and bright green clothes. On the next whirl, she saw the girl smile shyly, a dimple appeared in her right cheek. Solar didn't even notice that she loosened her grip on the pole, at least not until she fell on her .

Everyone rushed to help her, but she was fine and laughed to cover her embarrassment. Even experienced professionals can fall from the pole, right? Moonbyul helped her up and asked a few minutes to the pole dance teacher recover from the fall. But Solar fell again, figuratively, the moment the studio's new dance teacher, Wheein, was introduced.

And she has been free falling since then.

When she doesn't meet the new teacher in the halls or at a team meeting, her thoughts betrayed her replaying Wheein's shy smile with the cute dimple, and with each replay it was as if Solar fell again.

Something that only got worse when she decided to attend one of Wheein's classes.

Moonbyul had talked so much, but so much, about how good she was at dancing, that Solar had to see it. Ah, if regret would kill. I mean, she didn't regret having attended Wheein's class, after all it was a really great class, the young woman was really talented. The problem was, she was too good. Solar was mesmerized by the way her body moved and, despite not having actively participated in the class, she left the studio feeling all hot and thirsty as if she had been dancing for an hour and a half without stopping.

Now Solar had more than a smile and a dimple to replay in her mind. And that, obviously, prevented her from concentrating fully on work. Solar soon realized that whenever she watches Wheein dance, she would have trouble doing her job, after all she couldn't concentrate. And she would have to deal with all of Hwasa's undisguised taunts whenever she was too distracted during dance group meetings and rehearsals that happen afterwards. Not to mention the bruises left by the silly mistakes she made on the pole for thinking too much about the way Wheein danced. So she decided it was best to keep her distance from the young woman's practice room so that she could teach her classes properly and concentrate on work.

Solar just didn't expect Wheein to shorten that distance by showing up to attend some of her pole dance classes. The door to the pole dance room being open was never something that bothered Solar, but now she couldn't help feeling nervous whenever she glanced at the door and found Wheein with her arms crossed, staring at her with an unreadable expression. She never took long and left without anyone noticing, but in the few minutes she watched, Solar struggled to maintain her composure and concentration, pretending that the chills she felt had nothing to do with Wheein's gaze.

The heat and the chills caused by those few minutes of observation culminated in that choreography that Solar was practicing now, alone. She chose Fever precisely because it was a song that summed up the sensations that Wheein caused her.

And she couldn't help it, she imagined herself dancing that y, slow and steady choreography for Wheein before being pulled into her arms and get a kiss that will cause a fever too hard to bear.

There was a clear, reciprocal tension between them. However, they maintained a totally professional relationship, and perhaps that was what frustrated her so much. They only met at work and, being the professional she was, Solar didn't dare try anything there. Especially because Solar wasn't so extroverted and didn't approach people easily. The few words they exchanged already demanded a lot and the gay panic was established before she could deepen the short conversations. Either because Solar was unable to pronounce words consistently whenever Wheein was too close, or because the pole dance teacher would drop anything from her hands and be all clumsy around her crush.

Hwasa seeing all this, tried to help her unnie. She gathered some crew dancers for a karaoke night and thought that this would help Solar to get close to Wheein. The problem was that Solar drank a bit to get the courage to approach Wheein, and that not helped at all. She managed to start a conversation, yes, but she got too drunk and, when Wheein went up on stage to sing, she fell asleep on the bar's couch. It was embarrassing, and it fueled Moonbyul's teasing (yeah, her boss didn't lose the chance to make fun of her). 

But here she is... still crushing hard despite her embarrassment. Solar couldn't help it ... after all, Wheein was ... too much. Too beautiful, too talented, too shy, too unreachable. It seemed that everything attracted her and, at the same time, kept her away. This was frustrating. 

And the tension grew along with the frustration, but at least she could let it out with her dance, right?

Wrong.

Because while the bass dictated the pace at which Solar danced on the pole, her mind was flooded with Wheein, and it didn't take long for her to feel the fever that the lyrics of the song talked about so much. She lost her concentration, but at the same time she felt inspired. Chaotically inspired, but unfortunately that was not reflected in her choreography.

And then she wondered again if she was going crazy.

Maybe she was.

With a frustrated, tired sigh, Solar slid down the pole until she sat on the floor. She had reached the point where she could no longer dance. It wasn't a lack of inspiration, but of concentration. Channeling all that ual attraction, no, scratch that, all that ual frustration wasn't easy, and as a result, the choreography was incomplete, and she didn't know how to end it.

She let the song repeat a few more times before getting up and turning off the sound. Solar drank water and fixed her damp, messy hair. She put on black jogger pants over her shorts and remained in her top, tidied up the dance room before turning off the lights and leaving, locking the door.

Few people stayed this late, usually Moonbyul was the last

Please log in to read the full chapter