one.

into the unknown

 

 

The strobing lights that welcome you once you enter the dance floor are not new to the party-goers, or at least to Chaeyoung. As someone who goes to parties often, she knows every face. Going back to the bar area where her friends are, she notices a group of people approaching her friends. Interesting. Chaeyoung thought and continue walking towards the now bigger group. 

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung, I see you're back from the dance floor." greeted Nayeon as soon as she sees the younger, who replied with a nod before turning to the unfamiliar faces in front of her. "Oh! I bet you haven't met them," Nayeon continues as she introduces their company to Chaeyoung, "...and lastly, this is Mina." Honestly speaking, Chaeyoung never left her eyes on this 'Mina' the moment she saw her. "Ah, what a coincidence," Chaeyoung silently remarked, but not as quiet as she thought it'd turn out because Nayeon and Mina heard her. "Anyways, Son Chaeyoung, nice to meet you three," Chaeyoung said, bowing while reaching a hand out to the three girls in front of her, offering a handshake. She side-eyed Mina before she turns to Nayeon to ask where Momo is. "Alright guys, if you need anything, I'll be with Momo unnie on the dance floor," she announced to the group. 

 

It was a short exhausting encounter for Chaeyoung if you were to ask her. She didn't even get the names of the two other girls Nayeon introduced to her. Even though she parties, Chaeyoung was never the type to mingle with all sorts of people in the club, unlike her unnies, Nayeon and Momo. 

 

Saying that Chaeyoung's preoccupied for the rest of the night is an understatement. She distracted herself with a few drinks before Momo stopped her from having more. Just right on time, Nayeon finds the two by the table as Momo handed a glass of water to the youngest. 

 

"That's so unlike you, Chaeyoung. What happened to 'I know my limits?'"

Momo asked after Chaeyoung handed back the empty glass while looking down. She knew her unnies were disappointed- not because she's tipsy, but because they knew she was keeping something from them. "Let her be, for now, Momo-ya. In the meantime, can you get her another glass of water?" Nayeon requested, clearly wanting to confront Chaeyoung about what she heard earlier. Momo followed what the older instructed her and went her way. As soon as she left, Nayeon immediately shot a question to the younger, and Chaeyoung wasn't surprised because she knew that her unnie heard her earlier with the looks she gave her before she left the bar area. "What was that about, Son Chaeyoung?" Nayeon raised a brow at the younger, "What was what about?" Chaeyoung answered, still looking down. "Oh, don't you dare deny this from me. I heard you earlier." Chaeyoung kept silent. She didn't know how she would tell it to Nayeon or how the older would react. Nayeon met Chaeyoung when she was a mess, but she didn't know what or rather, who caused it. "Earlier, when you said, "Ah, what a coincidence," what was that supposed to mean?" Nayeon said, trying to squeeze out information from the latter. "It was nothing, unnie. It's a coincidence that uh.." At this point, it was already evident that she wasn't telling the truth, "that she has the same name as my friend from high school." Technically, she wasn't lying because she indeed has a friend named Mina from high school, except that, that Mina is the one she met earlier.

 

 

 

Loud cheers can be heard from afar, but not as loud as the speakers' blasting music, because Momo is going wild on the dance floor. Chaeyoung excused herself to go to the restroom because she needed a break. She still can't believe what happened earlier, so she hurried herself to a cubicle and locked herself. Out of all the places, why here? Chaeyoung tried calming herself and sort everything. Why now when I'm better? She took deep breaths and stayed in the cubicle for minutes before she felt her phone vibrate.

 

Gran-Nayeon: hey, where are you? jihyo, mina, and tzuyu are leaving in an hour. get your here and try socializing for once

 

Should I go there? She was busy contemplating whether or not she should go and mingle with the people she met earlier, so after who knows how long, Chaeyoung decided to go out of the cubicle and drink her thoughts away for the rest of the night. Just as she thought her night couldn't get any worse, she finds a familiar figure standing by the sink in front of her.

 

"Hey, Chaengie," the person greeted with a gummy smile. Seeing that the younger isn't responding, she continued, "I haven't seen you in a very long time. How have you been?" Chaeyoung was overwhelmed with having an old friend in front of her. She didn't know what to feel- Is she happy now that she's seen her friend after a year? Or should she avoid the older girl before her scars fully open again? Knowing that she's taking too long to process everything, Chaeyoung decided to just answer the question like how everyone else does, "I'm okay. I've been better, Mina. How about you?" "I've been quite busier now than before..." implying that she's busier now than when they were high school students. "But I'm handling it well." Mina turned to the now smiling Chaeyoung. "That's good to hear. I hope you stay well, Mina." Chaeyoung genuinely hopes the best for the older. As Chaeyoung thought the conversation already ended and readied herself to leave, Mina reached out for her hand and handed her a card. Chayoung, confused, read what's written on the card given to her.

 

Myoui Designs

Mina Myoui, Graphic Design Intern

xx-xxx-xxxx-xxx

 

"In case you don't have my number anymore," Mina stated. "Let's catch up sometime." The older followed, answering Chaeyoung's questions. Chaeyoung smiled at Mina, "Sure. My number's the same, but I'll text you just to be sure." "I'll get going now, Chaeyoungie. They might be looking for me now." Mina said. "I'll see you around!" she shouted as she was already by the door. 

 

 

 

Nayeon didn't know whether or not she should believe what Chaeyoung said. The younger, sensing that Nayeon was hesitant to believe her tried convincing, "It's true, unnie, you can even ask Jeongyeon unnie about this." 

 

The older wasn't really that convinced, but she knows that Chaeyoung will come around and tell her when she's ready, so instead of forcing her, she sat down beside the younger in silence. 

 

After a few minutes of nothing, Momo comes back with more glasses of water. "I'm back, e- Oh, what's happening here?" Momo asked, seeing the two huddled up in the corner. "Nothing, Chaeng's just drunk and emotional, that's all," Nayeon answered, knowing Chaeyoung's not ready to share anything with them yet. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, fell asleep on Nayeon's shoulder after being confronted by her just minutes ago. Seeing the two cozy at the corner, Momo decided to join in, so she went to Chaeyoung's other side and sat comfortably beside her. 

 

The two lazed on the couch while they accompany a sleeping Chaeyoung, who's probably in her dreamland when she muttered a few words. 

 

"Unnie.." The two girls whipped their heads to Chaeyoung's direction, looking concerned. "Unnieee.." The youngest continued to whine because of the lack of attention. "Yes, Chaeng? Unnie's here." Nayeon kneeled in front of Chaeyoung, Momo by her side, both anticipating what she would say next, "Please don't let her see me like this." The two looked at each other, both not knowing what Chaeyoung's referring to; At least Momo didn't have a clue. Nayeon had a feeling that this has something to do with the encounter earlier. 

 

Chaeyoung never drank too much. At least, not often. She knew when to stop; that's why Momo and Nayeon knew something is up with their baby girl. 

 

 

-

 

 

It has been a few days since the party, and the older girls still couldn't put a finger on what's going on with their precious Chaeyoung. As what the three call their "Monday Meet-up," they decided to meet at the café near their campus for lunch. 

 

Chaeyoung's on the way to meet her unnies when she remembered she hadn't texted Mina yet. With this sudden realization, she stopped for a while to search for a specific calling card she forgot where she placed. . Where did I put it? She continued rummaging through her bag before she realized, Ah, stupid me. I still have it saved on my cell. 

 

To: Minari ♡

 

Oh, I didn't know her contact name's set like this.

 

- hey, mina! it's chae. idk if u still have this number saved but yeah

- here it is

 

After sending a short text, she hurried faster to the café before getting scolded by the older girls. When she arrived outside their meeting place, there were still no signs of the two, so she ordered her usual Americano and then settled at their go-to spot. 

 

Chilling at cafés reminded Chaeyoung of a lot of things even if she frequents there often. Suddenly, everything felt nostalgic for her. It felt like yesterday when she hung out on Friday nights after school to celebrate the weekend- more of celebrating the two-day school-free day. She used to try different cakes and pastries the café offers and tell which drink it goes with the best, have a chill conversation about what happened throughout the week with a friend, or sometimes, enjoy the other's company, the silence, and just chill. Not that she can't do that anymore, nor does she hate Nayeon and Momo's company; everything back then just seemed simpler. After all, college is a lot different from high school. Her transition from being a high school senior to a college freshman was a heck of a ride, so if you were to ask her whether she liked high school more, she wouldn't know as well. 

 

Chaeyoung didn't notice that she indulged herself in her thoughts until Momo waved her hand to her face, "Hey, doofus! You've been out of it for too long. You haven't even taken a sip of your coffee yet." The younger snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh, oh, right. I'm sorry, I've been stressed because of our papers lately," Chaeyoung said, obviously trying to make an excuse. The two older girls shared a knowing look after hearing the younger reason out. "Anyways.." Nayeon started, trying to change the topic to lighten up the mood. Chaeyoung tried reverting her attention to her friends, but she failed when her phone buzzed. 

 

Minari ♡: alright!

Minari ♡: are you free on saturday? jisu's here in the city

 

Jisushi: i'm visiting seoul this weekend, wanna hang?

 

Chaeyoung peeked at her company, who, apparently, were in their own world busy planning their next escapades, before she decided to indulge herself into texting her two dearly missed high school friends. 

 

To: Jisushi

- uh sure

- mina informed me about that

- what do you guys plan to do

 

To: Minari

- jisu texted me

- i already confirmed sooo i guess it's a go

 

She talked to Jisu and Mina about the place and time they're meeting on Saturday. It's so funny. Chaeyoung denoted, We've never actually gone out together- just the two of us. She sighed, thinking about all those times they included Jisu in their supposed to be 'Mina and Chaeyoung time .' It's okay, though. It's not like I hated Jisu being there. Chaeyoung thought while she opened her phone to check her unread messages from the girls.

 

 

girlfriends

Jisu: okay, so it's final

Jisu: 2 pm. Starbucks near SNU

Jisu: everyone okay w that?

Mina: alright, i'll text you guys tomorrow

Jisu: chaeyoung unnie, how 'bout u?

- i'm okay with that

- see u guys tomo!!

 

Chaeyoung sent her reply before she joins Nayeon and Momo again. 

 

"Oh, Chae, what do you think about Saturday?" Momo asks, not aware that the younger hasn't been paying attention to them the whole time. "Hmm? what about Saturday?" Chaeyoung nervously asked. "Uh, we're planning to invite Sana and Dahyun to our Saturday rituals," Nayeon explained. "Oh! And Jeong's invited, as usual," she continued. "So? What do you think?" Momo followed up, eyes sparkling, expecting a yes from the youngest. "I- uh," Chaeyoung didn't know how to explain that she already made plans for Saturday. But parties are at night, Chae, stop making excuses. She debated internally. "I'm- I'll think about it," Chaeyoung finally answered. "What? Why?" Nayeon asked, obviously not expecting Chaeyoung to 'think about it.' 

 

"Hey," Nayeon called out again, trying to get the youngest's full attention. Chaeyoung moved closer to the two, ready to listen to what they're going to say. "You're not usually like that, Chaeng," the eldest pointed out. Instead of getting an answer, Chaeyoung stayed silent, not knowing what to say or how she'll say it. She knows the two are very reliable and trust-worthy, but she doesn't understand why she can't bring herself to tell them what's bothering her or what's on her mind. 

 

"Hey," the eldest called for her attention before Chaeyoung spaces out again. "We've known you for a while now, Chae. You know it's obvious to us when something's off with you," Momo tried reaching out to the younger this time. Chaeyong stops for a while to think. She's still hesitant about sharing what's bothering her because this time, it's not just about any scar- it's about the scar that changed her. Nayeon, seeing that Chaeyoung's wall is unbreakable, resorts to giving the youngest reassurance. "Chaeng, look," Nayeon started, "We've seen you when you were struggling, and we've been there at your victories. I know I've asked you about what's wrong a bunch of times, and I don't want to be pushy, especially since you don't seem to be comfortable telling us your worries..." she sighs, "yet." Momo took the wheel from the older, "What we're saying is, you don't have to hesitate around us; we're your gal pals, after all." Momo sips from her drink before continuing, "So as your best girls, we'll wait for you to open up to us. Don't feel pressured. Take your time. And when you're ready, we'll be here to lend you our ears. How 'bout that, cubby?" Momo ended, calling Chaeyoung her cute little nickname as she wiggles her eyebrows, making the other two laugh. 

 

Chaeyoung felt touched because of her unnies' gestures and words, but this didn't stop her from overthinking. They've seen too much of me when I was down. They've carried my problems with me. Wouldn't I sound problematic if I share my issues again? Chaeyoung sighs, feeling so done with debating with herself for the past few days. Okay, stop, Chae. You're going overboard again. 

 

 

Being done with overthinking and overanalyzing, Chaeyoung brings her two unnies closer to her before saying, "Thank you, guys," she brought them closer in a hug before continuing, "It really means a lot to me. I hope you'll be patient," Chaeyoung said before looking down.

 

"No problemo, Cub," Momo replied, hugging back. "Yeah, but please still consider Saturday. I'll anticipate your answer," Nayeon smiled before she, too, closes in the hug.

 

 

-

 

 

Curtains open, the room illuminated with the sun's rays, indicating that it's a little past breakfast time when a certain short-haired blondie woke up. Saturday mornings are usually peaceful for Chaeyoung, waking up to the birds chirping and no people rushing. 

 

It was around 11 in the morning when Chaeyoung decided to get out of bed and get her usual morning coffee fix- an Americano. She spent a few minutes in front of the big window in her condo that she shares with her best buddy, Jeongyeon. Her roommate is a morning person, usually spending her mornings for errands; that's why she can spend mornings like this, staring outside, without being scolded for waking up late. 

 

After staring and observing the city for so long, she decided to shower and get ready to meet Jisu and Mina. Just in time, when she's just finished dressing up, she heard her phone ring.

 

Gran-Nayeon wants to video call...

 

Her timing really is something. Chaeyoung thought as she answered the phone. 

 

"GOOD AFTERNOONIE, CHAEEEENG!" The younger was welcomed with a smiling bunny on her screen when she pressed the answer button. "Unnieeee..." Chaeyoung whined, "Please tone down your voice, my ears hurt," she continued, unconsciously pouting. "I'm sorry, chaeee," Nayeon apologized in her cute voice. "Okay, okay, just stop the aegyo, unnie," Chaeyoung replied before she asks why the older called, "Nayeon unnie, what's with the sudden video call?" Chaeyoung raised one of her eyebrows at Nayeon because she rarely video calls. Nayeon laughed after hearing the cub's question. She indeed never calls the cub unless it's urgent. "Oh! Is that our cute witol (little) baby?" Momo can be heard in the background, teasing Chaeyoung while entering Nayeon's apartment. Nayeon replied with a hum before dropping her question, "Soooo, Chae, are you coming later?" It just dawned on Chaeyoung that she forgot to get back to Nayeon about her decision the whole week. "Sorry, unnie, but I have to pass this time," Chaeyoung replied, pouting. She knows how the two don't like leaving one of them behind. "I- uh.." Chaeyoung continues as she decides to tell them she's actually meeting her other friends. "I'm actually meeting my old friends later, Jisu and Mina," Chaeyoung scratches her nape, knowing that she mentioned a familiar name. Without letting the two speak, she continues, apologizing, "I'm sorry, Nayeonnie, Momoring, I should've told you earlier." Chaeyoung called them by their nicknames, hoping she'd be forgiven easier. "Ah! Mina, you're high school friend?" Nayeon exclaimed a little too loud while Momo has a confused look on her face. "Actually..." Chaeyoung scratched her nape again, "The Mina you guys met at the club is the same Mina I'm meeting later." Both Nayeon and Momo looked liked lightbulbs lit up above their heads- Nayeon, finally piecing everything together, and Momo's questions answered as to why she was confused. "Hmm, it actually makes sense now," the eldest unconsciously mumbled, but it was enough for everyone to hear. This time, Nayeon's remarks finally sunk into Chaeyoung, "Wait, wha- Unnie! What do you mean? How did you know that?" The youngest consecutively asked. "Yah! Unnie, what are you two talking about? How come I don't know anything about this?" Momo slapped Nayeon on the arm, earning death glares from her. It was too late when the eldest realized that she spoke out her thoughts too loud. "Okay, okay, chill, you guys. I'll tell you, but I think Chaeng's going to be late." Nayeon said, making Chaeyoung look at the time. "Shoot, I hate waiting to know, but Nayeon unnie's right. I think I'll need to go soon." As the youngest said that, Momo pouted defeatedly, "Okay, cubby, but if you need us, you know where we'll be, right?" The youngest nods. "Okay then, have fun," Momo said, ending the call. 

 

 

-

 

 

Chaeyoung has been waiting in the café for an hour now. It didn't surprise her since her friends are always late while Chaeyoung values people's times, so she goes earlier than the set time when meeting people. Truth be told, Mina's condo is just around the corner, and she informed the other two that she was already ready to go but insisted that she'll just leave her crib when Jisu arrives. Jisu, on the other hand, had a prior appointment that she thought would finish early; that's why Chaeyoung waited longer than expected. 

 

Finally, after what Chaeyoung calls "long hours of waiting," Jisu finally called, saying that she's near. After the younger arrived, they felt hungry, so they agreed to go to a barbeque place nearby, informing Mina to go straight to the restaurant instead. 

 

Upon entering the restaurant, the two were directed to a 4-seater chair as they said they were still waiting for one more person to arrive. Jisoo and Chaeyoung sat in front of each other, leaving the seats beside them vacant. Not long after they sat down, Mina entered the said place wearing a white shirt with cream pants and white shoes, topping it off with a white cap and her favorite Louis Vuitton Monogram Soft Trunks. Chaeyoung has her backing facing the door, but she knew why people were turning their heads toward its direction. She didn't need to look at the entrance to know who came because it was evident- it was Myoui Mina. 

 

Chaeyoung was shocked to feel the weight of someone sitting beside her. Even though there are only two options to choose where to sit, she didn't expect the older one to sit beside her. Nevertheless, she was glad to be reunited with her Mina unnie after a long time. Despite the history between them, Chaeyoung feels happy that Mina is there with her and still in her life. Chaeyoung's thoughts got cut off when Jisu spoke, "Well, hello there, Miss Myoui," the youngest said teasingly. Mina giggled at Jisu's remark because they still address her as if she's some big-time corporate CEO even after a long time. Well, that isn't entirely false because Mina's father owns a design company in Seoul. 

 

"Sooo?" Jisu started, "How have you guys been?" Mina was busy with her phone, so Chaeyoung decided to answer first. "I've been adjusting well to living alone, but uni seems nice," Chaeyoung replied, eyeing Mina, who's still on her phone. Mina noticed that the younger was looking at her, so she put down her phone and joined the two, explaining, "Oh, sorry guys, I was on the phone with my other friends. I also had plans set with them today, so I think I'll have to go after we eat." The other two nodded at the eldest and then continued to ask more questions about how they have been. "How 'bout you, Jisu?" Mina asked in turn. "Well, I've been coping well. With you two not around the campus anymore, It's felt like something's missing..." Jisu said while thinking about how she has been in school, "Ah! It was also bearable because of Ryu and Yeji." Jisu ended up talking more about her friends and her high school adventures without her two unnies.

 

Not long after they caught up about how they've been, they ordered meat to grill, which didn't take long to arrive. Mina offered to cook the food, so the two just continued telling stories while the eldest listened. A few moments later, Jisu and Chaeyoung started to get a few pieces of cooked meat from the grill. Mina also sat down when there was already enough cooked meat for them to eat. Jisu asked the two university students more questions as they eat, wanting to know more about her two favorite unnie's college escapades. 

 

Their meal is going well, especially for Chaeyoung, who really missed her friends. Mina continues to order and grill more meat as they aren't stuffed yet. The eldest unconsciously babies Chaeyoung, continually checking if she still has food on her plate and filling up her glass. Chaeyoung didn't feel the older girl's gestures until Mina asked her, "Chaengie, do you want more meat? I'll order some more," Chaeyoung smiled at the latter, feeling touched, before nodding at the girl, "Yes, please, unnie, the usual." Jisu was used to her unnies being like this, though. She knew that Mina and Chaeyoung had a special bond, and she was happy to see them like that again. Even though Jisu's the youngest, it's always Chaeyoung who is being babied among them three.

 

 

 

"Unnies! My mom's already here to pick me up. I'll just join you guys some other time," Jisu told Mina and Chaeyoung before she walks toward their school's main gate. 

 

It was an exhausting day for the three as they were having an Inter-school Athletic Competition. Jisu represented their school as a muse, and Chaeyoung is participated in the track meet, while Mina supports them since her gymnastics competition finished the day before. Today is the last day they were part of the games, so they planned a healing café hangout. Unfortunately, their maknae can't come, so it was only the two of them— Chaeyoung and Mina. Their favorite café was only a few blocks away from their school, so they walked going there. 

 

Chaeyoung feels sore all over her body since she spent the past few days training for the games. She worked out harder than usual since she was also a reserve player for other different sports. Even though Chaeyoung's muscles are aching, she felt better now that she's at her favorite coffee place with one of her favorite people. For Chaeyoung, healing is every time she's with Mina and Jisu. 

 

As usual, the two choose two different drinks and desserts. It became one of their 'usuals,' trying to match various beverages and pastries to see which combination best fits each other. After deciding what to try this time, Mina offers to order and tells the younger to already sit down at their spot. 

 

Mina came back, holding a tray when she sees Chaeyoung taking a nap, looking like a baby. Chaengie must've been tired. Mina thought to herself before trying to wake the younger girl up. 

 

"Hey, Chaeng Chaeng, the food's here." Chaeyoung stirs up a bit but continues to sleep, so Mina attempts to wake her up again, "Chaengie, c'mon, you need to eat to energize your body," the older said as she tried tickling the latter for her to wake up. "Chaeeeng, wake up, or else..." Mina stopped as she thought of another way to wake Chaeyoung up. Mina then started to pepper the younger's face with kisses before she gave up, saying, "Okay fine, I'll eat these all by myself." Chaeyoung woke up because of her unnie's sweet kisses but chose to keep her eyes shut because she enjoys Mina showing affection since it rarely happens. Hearing that the older will finish all the food was what made Chaeyoung open her eyes, though. Chaeyoung was greeted by Mina, saying, "Aha! I knew that would work!" as she opened her eyes. Seeing Mina like that, Chaeyoung gave her a toothy smile, dimples showing. 

 

Mina and Chaeyoung spent the next couple of minutes indulging themselves with the cakes and iced lattes they both chose earlier. There were also a few debates about which other drinks go well with the cakes they ordered and how they should rate their chosen combinations. After finishing their food, the younger of the two offered to get them water, but as Chaeyoung stood up, she felt her leg muscles acting up again. She then tried acting as if she wasn't in pain, but Mina already saw through her smallest reactions. "Chaengie, go sit back down," Mina commanded, gesturing the younger to sit down, but she only looked at her. "Chaeyoung, I know you're tired, and your muscles are sore," the older girl told the latter with authority. Chaeyoung still wanted to get the water since Mina already ordered for them earlier. "But-" the younger tried to reason out, but Mina cut her off, "Son Chaeyoung, sit down. I'll get the water." Chaeyoung knew she couldn't do anything, so she went back to her seat, looking defeated. 

 

Mina went back, not only with water in her hands but also a slice of a strawberry shortcake for Chaeyoung. "Hey, I brought-" "Strawberry!!" Chaeyoung cut Mina off, super excited to see that she bought her her all-time favorite cake. "Yep!" Mina replied with her gummy smile. She hurriedly placed the cake in front of them and told the younger to scoot closer. "Say Ah, Chaengie," Mina raised the fork in front of Chaeyoung, wanting her to rest as she feeds her. Chaeyoung was settled in Mina's arm as the latter's other hand holds the fork to feed Chaeyoung. After the cake's finished, Mina offered Chaeyoung a massage, but she refused, saying that she's done so much for her. Not much later, Chaeyoung found herself sleeping soundly in the older girl's arms.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung snapped out of her thoughts when she felt warmth beside her. She looked at her plate and then noticed that Mina put her favorite pieces of meat on it. Not a little long after Jisu said she'll be ordering another cup of rice, Mina asked Chaeyoung, "Hey, do you want another cup of rice?" The younger was taken aback by Mina's gestures, so she just nodded.

 

Their meal quickly ended after that. The three were happily chatting until Chaeyoung noticed how Mina's busy with her phone and not paying any more attention to them. Not that it wasn't allowed, Chaeyoung just wished she spent the most of their time together since it's been so long. They only had a little time together because Mina has other plans, and here she is busy chatting with other people while she's with other friends.

 

Chaeyoung felt selfish at that moment, and just like that, everything's slowly coming back to her- the emotions, the scenarios, the memories. It's been two years since she and Mina had The argument, and it also took her almost two years to get over it. Some people might say that she's taking such a misunderstanding too seriously, but what happened before really scarred her. She starts to feel suffocated by her thoughts again. I tried so hard to get better; maybe it wasn't enough. Why am I feeling this once again? Chaeyoung internally said as she tried to battle with her thoughts. 

 

 

-

 

 

Mina just got home when she decided to text their group chat. 

 

To: girlfriends

- hey! i had fun today, hope you two got home safely 

 

Mina thought about what happened today, and she felt so happy to be reunited with her best gal pals after a very long time, especially Chaeyoung. She knew that the girl already entered college earlier this year, but she never got the chance to meet her nor talk to her until they accidentally met at the party. Mina genuinely wishes that Chaeyoung is now doing well and looked forward to seeing her more on campus. Thinking about the younger, she also decides to go shoot her a text.

 

To: Son Chaeyoung

- chaengie! i had a lot of fun a while ago! let's hang out again sometime, i hope to see you more often :)

 

 

Author's note:
Hey, guys! I juggled writing this chapter and finishing off my school works, but I hope you like it. I actually felt like this chapter started strong as a first chapter, and it should've been the introduction to everything instead, but I guess we'll get there. Anyway, Jisu here is Lia from ITZY. Also, it might take me a week before I post an update again. Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter, have a great day ahead!