Final

Laundromat
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Do you come here often?” Sana asked while stuffing her clothes into the washing machine, not caring to separate the colours from the whites.

Jihyo looked up from the webtoon series she was reading on her phone and raised an eyebrow at the brunette who just spoke to her. “Seriously? Is that the best pickup line you have?”

Sana halted her movements and tilted her head to the right, Jihyo could have sworn she looked like an adorable squishy puppy. “Eh?”

Jihyo sighed. “That was a pickup line, right?”

Sana scratched her head that wasn’t even itchy. “Erm, no? It was a legit question. I have no idea how to use these machines.”

“Oh God, that was awkward,” Jihyo mumbled to herself while facepalming. “Sorry, and yeah, I come here often. My apartment’s washing machine hasn’t been working since I moved in and the landlord refuses to fix it.”

The brunette’s lips formed an ‘O’ while she went back to her laundry, ready to pour in some of the fabric softener and detergent. A beat of silence while Sana tried to gauge how much fabric softener and detergent she was supposed to add. “Do you need help?” Jihyo got up from her spot on the bench and walked up to the brunette.

“Oh no. I’m good.” Sana felt slightly flustered at the presence of the redhead who was standing too close to her. “I’m just kinda unsure on how many coins I should put into this machine for it to wash my clothes.”

Jihyo watched carefully as Sana poured a quarter cup of fabric softener and half a cup of detergent. She lowered her gaze to look at the full load of the washing machine. “I think you’re gonna need more detergent and softener than that if you want your clothes to be clean.”

Sana could literally feel her face burning up. Oh no. Did this pretty stranger figured out that she has never done her own laundry before? She cleared and added more of the fabric softener and detergent in their respective slots till it reached the ‘Max.’ line.

“Is that ok?” Sana turned slightly to look at the pretty stranger.

“Yup that should be good enough. Considering yours is a full load, you gotta pay the max amount for this machine. So that would be ₩5000. And you gotta wait at least half an hour.” Jihyo explained to Sana who could only nod her head every now and then.

“Thank you so much, Miss…” Sana trailed off in hopes to get a name from the pretty redhead.

“It’s Jihyo.”

“Thank you so much, Jihyo-ssi!” Sana bowed and beamed a huge smile.

“No problem. Glad I could help.”

 

*

 

The two ladies were the only ones in the laundromat, both sitting on opposite ends of a bench while they wait for their laundry to be done. Jihyo seems to have continued reading her webtoon series from her phone whereas Sana was reading a book titled “Korean for Dummies” while occasionally writing down notes on her iPad. Despite being engrossed in her studies, Sana couldn’t help but to occasionally glance over to the pretty redhead when she hears Jihyo giggling to herself or smiling widely while reading. She found herself smiling too but would always compose herself and continued with her studies.

Twenty minutes have gone by and neither of their laundry load were done. Jihyo’s back and bum were starting to ache from sitting on the uncomfortable wooden bench, so she kept her phone in her pocket and got up to do some stretches. This of course did not go unnoticed by the only other occupant in the laundromat. Sana could not help but glance to her right each time her eyes caught sight of Jihyo’s shirt riding up as the latter did her stretches. Feeling her face begin to warm up, Sana immediately buried her face into the book and pretended

Please log in to read the full chapter